Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't give a shit about this performative woke pandering. What's next? Gonna remove another line where an npc says "bitch," or alter a spell that has a no-no word like you did with Enslave Demon?

Treat your employees and customers with a modicum of respect instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Good lord, yet another tone-deaf response. No one is asking for this and this accomplishes nothing - all that is being asked for is for Blizzard to take harassment complaints seriously and make changes to ensure employees are treating each other with respect and dignity. What a joke
    TONS of people are asking for it, you fucking serious, there is literal news articles about this ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Maybe if they just focused on making the game good instead of Woke, things would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Maybe if they just focused on making the game good instead of Woke, things would be better.
    Better for who? The sexually harassed employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ok. This literally does nothing and is just more twitter warrior pandering
    It is a hell of a lot more than any of you around here are doing. You are not better than anyone else just because you are attacking people who give a fuck about others. If you aren't happy with the game STOP FUCKING PAYING FOR IT. You and the other sociopaths need to get the fuck over yourselves and realize not everything is all about YOU and only YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They're removing references to a sexual predator from their game and you're out here acting like they're going to start changing random shit to appease some woke crowd. Fuck off lmao
    If you think it's going to stop there, I have bad news for you. The perpetually offended will always find new reasons to censor, because they do so with the approval of their conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Oh boy, here we go. What does this accomplish?
    Well, they might be driving women to suicide through pervasive sexual harassment, but now at least there isn't a spell with the word 'Enslave' in it anymore. Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    TONS of people are asking for it, you fucking serious, there is literal news articles about this ffs
    The media often acts as a magnifier, making a tiny woke crowd of censorship-mongering lunatics seem much larger in size than they really are. Just look at Twitter as the perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Good to know that removing certain references is at the top of their agenda, not actual improvements to the game.
    Yeah - how dare they try to repair their brand image and make people see that they're trying to fix the horrible mistakes they've made in the past, instead of giving you a little happiness when you click on your favorite pixels. How dare they.

Honestly, the selfishness of some of you... How many universes do you think revolve around you, anyway?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    If you think it's going to stop there, I have bad news for you. The perpetually offended will always find new reasons to censor, because they do so with the approval of their conscience.
    Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact they're facing a lawsuit from not just a few "perpetually offended" disgruntled employees, but an entire state, would it? Of course it wouldn't. I'm sure they wouldn't do anything as silly as try to make changes as they can to show the court that they're trying to fix their past mistakes or anything. How ridiculous is that?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This comment just shows you have never had to worry about not having money to keep the power on. A lot of people stay at jobs despite abuse they're suffering because otherwise, they'd be in dire straits. You think people LIKE working places like Walmart? Or they enjoy working for companies where sexual harassment is swept under the rug? Oftentimes, they stay because there is no other choice.
    I'm gonna be honest. I don't agree with that guy at all, but it's not like Blizzard is such a paradise to work at even if we were to magically wave away the actual sexual and verbal harassment.

There's still the fact that there's heavy crunch there and employees are grossly underpaid to the point that they need to take multiple jobs, because working at Blizzard means "paying for your ambition."

I would be glad if these people all left and found better places to work at, because there is nothing at Blizzard worth salvaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yeah - how dare they try to repair their brand image and make people see that they're trying to fix the horrible mistakes they've made in the past, instead of giving you a little happiness when you click on your favorite pixels. How dare they.

Honestly, the selfishness of some of you... How many universes do you think revolve around you, anyway?
    I'm sure Magnagarde is very sorry about daring to imply that he didn't care about the sanctity of Blizzard's beautiful brand image.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact they're facing a lawsuit from not just a few "perpetually offended" disgruntled employees, but an entire state, would it? Of course it wouldn't. I'm sure they wouldn't do anything as silly as try to make changes as they can to show the court that they're trying to fix their past mistakes or anything. How ridiculous is that?
    Removing shit that is labeled "problematic" by a small contingent of perpetual umbrage takers driven to finding everything offensive for the sake of online validation doesn't help anyone.

Firing developers that harass and abuse their co-workers, actually apologizing (not deflecting) and moving forward fixing the sewage culture at Blizzard would really help people. This shit you're doing is disingenuous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It is a hell of a lot more than any of you around here are doing. You are not better than anyone else just because you are attacking people who give a fuck about others. If you aren't happy with the game STOP FUCKING PAYING FOR IT. You and the other sociopaths need to get the fuck over yourselves and realize not everything is all about YOU and only YOU.
    Why would I do anything when it isn't even my problem? The fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why would I do anything when it isn't even my problem? The fuck?
    They're acting like you insulted their mother.

Get woke, go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The perpetually offended? This guy was a literal sexual predator.
    Then why does the fucking lawsuit itself focus on Feminist/woke bullshit like "white men", "sexist jokes", and "rape jokes", while all of the poor, defenseless females were forced to slave away by the evil males who sat around playing video games all day? Why does this sound like the kind of crap that Anita Sarkeesian or Gloria Allred would screech about? Why do they put all of that retarded dreck into a lawsuit about Afraisabi and a few dickheads accused of actually doing something utterly vile? Why is this then magically used by every crazed dangerhair to puke up stories about how a man looked at her and she was offended, or Chris Metzen telling an intern to get back to doing her job, or how about female employees "literally shaking" over a mild criticism of their personal defects as an employee?

Going after a "literal sexual predator" is the only thing it should be about. Why should every player of the game have to suffer this woke censorship BS, when we didn't do anything wrong? Oh, right, because it's about power and propaganda, not actually helping actual victims, because they are just using an actual possible victim as a vehicle for their sheep droppings.

A woman killed herself over the sexual harassments going on in the workplace, that he was well a part of.
    Incorrect. It says she was in a sexual relationship with someone in Activision, and that she killed herself. It does say she suffered sexual harassment, but it does not say that that was the actual cause of her suicide.

And you want to equate that to being woke? you have to be woke to not commit sexual harassment on a near daily basis in your mind?
    No. You have to be "woke" to take a few instances of actual wrong behavior, and then use it as a vehicle to push forth a narrative of preachy and powermongering Feminist horseshit. Which is what happens when those people always get a whiff of a "crisis", they use it to trash "gamers" as all being sexist rapists, and all women in the industry as weak and needing protection from any offense or how companies "need" to hire more women based on their genitals rather than actual skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    The media often acts as a magnifier, making a tiny woke crowd of censorship-mongering lunatics seem much larger in size than they really are. Just look at Twitter as the perfect example.
    Idk about you, but you dont need to be "woke" to think that one of the sexual abusers should not have multiple npcs, questlines, and items all named after him in the game, and removing them is a nice first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Actually, it's the entire state on behalf of a few screechy Feminists. It's not like they are suing them for unpaid taxes, or something. It's also California, the state that is currently trying to legalize pedorasty because not doing so is "offensive".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Idk about you, but you dont need to be "woke" to think that one of the sexual abusers should not have multiple npcs, questlines, and items all named after him in the game, and removing them is a nice first step.
    I'm entirely fine with that. But it won't stop there. They already censored the wolf whistle because of "muh Feminism", removed the word "bitch" from a 10-year old questline because it referenced a female in a negative light, and edited several character models to be more "tolerant".

Then why does the fucking lawsuit itself focus on Feminist/woke bullshit like "white men", "sexist jokes", and "rape jokes", while all of the poor, defenseless females were forced to slave away by the evil males who sat around playing video games all day? Why does this sound like the kind of crap that Anita Sarkeesian or Gloria Allred would screech about? Why do they put all of that retarded dreck into a lawsuit about Afraisabi and a few dickheads accused of actually doing something utterly vile? Why is this then magically used by every crazed dangerhair to puke up stories about how a man looked at her and she was offended, or Chris Metzen telling an intern to get back to doing her job, or how about female employees "literally shaking" over a mild criticism of their personal defects as an employee?

Going after a "literal sexual predator" is the only thing it should be about. Why should every player of the game have to suffer this woke censorship BS, when we didn't do anything wrong? Oh, right, because it's about power and propaganda, not actually helping actual victims, because they are just using an actual possible victim as a vehicle for their sheep droppings.

Incorrect. It says she was in a sexual relationship with someone in Activision, and that she killed herself. It does say she suffered sexual harassment, but it does not say that that was the actual cause of her suicide.

No. You have to be "woke" to take a few instances of actual wrong behavior, and then use it as a vehicle to push forth a narrative of preachy and powermongering Feminist horseshit. Which is what happens when those people always get a whiff of a "crisis", they use it to trash "gamers" as all being sexist rapists, and all women in the industry as weak and needing protection from any offense or how companies "need" to hire more women based on their genitals rather than actual skills.
    So it's "woke bull shit" to be upset about sexist jokes and rapist jokes? Are you fucking KIDDING me dude? Comments like yours are literally part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So it's "woke bull shit" to be upset about sexist jokes and rapist jokes? Are you fucking KIDDING me dude? Comments like yours are literally part of the problem.
    There is no "problem", people like you are just overly sensitive and weak. You need everything to be "nice" and "friendly", like in a Disney movie. No swearing allowed, as that might offend a child! Women shouldn't dress in sexy clothes, that's "rape culture"! I miss the days when the "Left" were "sex positive", instead of being a bunch of preachy puritans afraid of female sexuality or dirty jokes. "No fun allowed", is what it sounds like.

There is no "problem", people like you are just overly sensitive and weak. You need everything to be "nice" and "friendly", like in a Disney movie. No swearing allowed, as that might offend a child! Women shouldn't dress in sexy clothes, that's "rape culture"! I miss the days when the "Left" were "sex positive", instead of being a bunch of preachy puritans afraid of female sexuality or dirty jokes. "No fun allowed", is what it sounds like.
    Nobody is saying women shouldn't dress in certain clothing. People just don't like how overly sexualized a lot of female NPCs are. People don't want things to be all nice and friendly, they just don't want things to be demeaning towards people. The fact that you're saying that disallowing sexist jokes and rape jokes is making people suddenly not "sex positive" is positively revolting. You are further proving my point that your comments are exactly part of the problem.