Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Of course, but by nature, you cannot blame that onto the people discussing it.

People that defend Blizzard are essentially the standin for Blizzard, because i'm not going to refuse a discussion because the initiator of the discussion (in this case, Blizzard) doesn't engage in it.
    i completely agree with the fact that this is the wrong way to go about this. will you also agree with me that fixing the problems in the company and fixing toxicity in the game are 2 completely different things and should be treated as such and that toxicity needs to be removed and that this is a step towards that?

Makes sense why they would change this. I used to wonder who would give a shit but it looks like the users of this site love to /spit on people (shocking)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i completely agree with the fact that this is the wrong way to go about this. will you also agree with me that fixing the problems in the company and fixing toxicity in the game are 2 completely different things
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and that this is a step towards that?
    No.

And i said this in my very first post in thread
    If the internet has taught me anything, then those that clearly want to display their displeasure with someone's action, they are just going to move to another emote.
    Classic Wotlk comes out alongside a store mount, people will then suddenly /moon; /cough; /fart, or even something such as /wave, while you have threads appearing "Why do people /wave me when i'm sitting on a mount?".

Words in this context are just a means to convey an emotion or intent, you can ban the word, but you can't ban the meaning behind it.
    Between /insult, /rude, /moon, /fart or /frown you think the removal of a single emote, that has solely gained prominence because it has been used against people that frankly bring in more money than regular players, will combat toxicity?

If anything, the only thing i am taking away from this is that this whole /spit was seemingly working and people felt less compelled to buy the mount, hence it's not so much about toxicity but rather money on Blizzards end.

If this emote was actually prominently used against say the characters of women or other minorities, sure, i could see that, but /spit solely took off because it was used against people on the store mount.
    The intent of /spit (or any "negative" emote for that matter) is to display someones disapproval of the actions somebody else took within the game, the purchase of a mount counts as that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-01 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yes

No.

And i said this in my very first post in thread
    fair enough i'll take what i can get atleast we are seeing eye to eye on something we will agree to disagree on wither its a step to wards that or not my personal view is that it is a step all be it not a good 1 but that's what opinions are for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    So it's role-playing harassment, interdasting. Tell me, were your parents related before they got married, or did you just become a retard from an accident later in life?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not even playing the game retard, I've been saying it's a needles change and dumb that they did it. How old are you that mean text on a screen wounds your bitch ass?
    And here ladies and gentlemen we see the type of pos that is enraged when losing the ability to /spit on people in a video game. Give me a break.

And this ladies and gentlemen is the type of retard that can't read. I'm not playing the game you fucking moron and I'm not even "upset" by it's removal, it's just a needles change. But dumb shits like you are the type that force needles changes.

Tell me, how do you live your life in the real world when text hurts your feefees?
    With all the name calling you do sure sound mad for not being "upset".

And this ladies and gentlemen is the type of retard that can't read. I'm not playing the game you fucking moron and I'm not even "upset" by it's removal, it's just a needles change. But dumb shits like you are the type that force needles changes.

Tell me, how do you live your life in the real world when text hurts your feefees?
    You sound a hell of a lot more mad than anyone has ever been about the emote itself. Keep flailing around for our amusement until you get banned, I guess.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

In a game where you can kill people, spitting is crossing the line. How fucking retarded are you?
    I think I'm beginning to see why you keep getting infractions.

It is nice to know that your life is going so swimmingly that this - this - is the most stressful thing you have to deal with in your day.

Either that, or...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Anyone agreeing with and defending the removal of this is so soft that they deserve their own category on Mohs hardness scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yo guys, I think harassing women at Blizzard is completely fine, but spitting on people in a virtual game? Nope, that's not alright!
    Do better everyone, more harassment, less emoting.

This fucking company, lol, it ain't Acti-Blizz, it's Anti-Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    A few emotes removed, who cares honestly
    A few functions of a game removed, who cares honestly
    A few statues destroyed, who cares honestly
    A few shops looted in the name of equality, who cares honestly
    A few people fired or banned based on public pressure instead of evidence, who cares honestly
    A few companies attacked, who cares honestly
    A few people socially outcast because of something they said 10 years ago, who cares honestly
    A few comedians banned because of jokes they made in the past, who cares honestly
    A small group of people judging and condemning everyone else based on their beliefs, who cares honestly
    A few civil rights removed, who cares honestly

And so on and so on. See a pattern forming yet?
    The only pattern is your arbitrary reasoning xD Hell of a tangent there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    It's this sort of attitude that allows the constant slide of removal, censorship, and gutting to slowly march forward. It's death by a thousand cuts.

No cut individually every seems that big of a deal, but it always leads to more, and more, and more.
    Apart from /spit is almost meaningless, it's not a huge game breaking alteration... I would be one of the first to complain if so, but I revert to my previous who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kinda the plan jackass, I'm having quiet a bit of fun, maybe read a bit, I flat gave my intentions in this very thread and why I'm doing it maybe just a page ago maybe two at the most

- - - Updated - - -

Actually scroll back a page or two. I get infractions because moderators disagree with me, so then I give them an actual reason to infract me. If I'm doing the time regardless, might as well then do the crime~
    What a cunning ruse *tips fedora*

The slippery slope of censorship... I want to speak but I have no mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    The slippery slope of censorship... I want to speak but I have no mouth.
    So are you just ignoring all the other things that Blizzard already censors and that it was never a platform for freedom with out restrictions?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So are you just ignoring all the other things that Blizzard already censors and that it was never a platform for freedom with out restrictions?
    Look man, some people just want the freedom to use gamer words on complete internet strangers.

Lol, proving a point gets you an infraction, imagine being the pathetic mental midget moderator that gets upset by it. Well if I'm going to get an infraction, I might as well earn it. But you know, just because you're a gigantic bitch boy online to people, it's not going to make daddy proud of you.

Edit-

And as I sip from my soda knowing that I'll be catching a ban soon, I'd like to say that I hate the majority of you weak flaccid butthole having cry babies. If you find /spit to be harsh, then you're what's wrong with this world and why it's becoming so weak.

And a word to the moderators. If you weren't over extending your "power" like the nerds that were picked last in gym class like you are, then situations like this where people like me have nothing to lose wouldn't happen. But alas, now I get to let loose and have fun. So thank you. And while I'd use the term mother fuckers at some point in this, it's clear you have even less game than Chris-chan, you laughable incels.

And now you've freed me for the next few minutes to maybe hours, enjoy~
    This is so lol.
    From the kid who says he quit "ages" ago yet still hangs around a video game forum seething about an emote being removed.
    Seriously, who does that? WHO DOES THAT.
    Oh that's right. You do.
    And you call other people incels? lol
    Sitting there over the weekend furiously posting to every response over an emote in a game you don't even play seems pretty incel to me eh?
    Cause if you had a gf you'd have better things to do right? RIGHT.
    Try counting the posts you made over the weekend or how much time you spent wasting on it, then come back and tell us who's the bigger incel.

No one here finds it harsh.
    We find your over reaction to it hilarious and childish.
    So who is the real "weak flaccid butthole having cry babies" (notice no one in the thread actually complained about it being harsh or complained that someone spit on them and they were never able to recover from the horror of it)
    Snowflake calling others snowflake is the new "cuck".
    Enjoy your ban and your soda.

P.S. love the whole reference of power hungry mods being at fault and not you being a giant douche. Well done. The only thing you left out was calling everyone beta.
    Next time, you should ask for the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    This is so lol.
    From the kid who says he quit "ages" ago yet still hangs around a video game forum seething about an emote being removed.
    Seriously, who does that? WHO DOES THAT.
    Oh that's right. You do.
    And you call other people incels? lol
    Sitting there over the weekend furiously posting to every response over an emote in a game you don't even play seems pretty incel to me eh?
    Cause if you had a gf you'd have better things to do right? RIGHT.
    Try counting the posts you made over the weekend or how much time you spent wasting on it, then come back and tell us who's the bigger incel.

No one here finds it harsh.
    We find your over reaction to it hilarious and childish.
    So who is the real "weak flaccid butthole having cry babies" (notice no one in the thread actually complained about it being harsh or complained that someone spit on them and they were never able to recover from the horror of it)
    Snowflake calling others snowflake is the new "cuck".
    Enjoy your ban and your soda.

P.S. love the whole reference of power hungry mods being at fault and not you being a giant douche. Well done. The only thing you left out was calling everyone beta.
    Next time, you should ask for the manager.
    I'd wager that a beta is someone who's talking shit to someone that can't reply. But good job beta cuck~

Dang no wonder why they went off. This faggot above me can make a wall of text insulting them without issue, yet a two sentence gets an infraction. That's kinda fucked up. What kind of retarded site is this?
    Last edited by Seldy; 2021-08-01 at 09:16 PM.

On the one hand, this seems pointless and is just Blizzard pandering and DESPERATELY searching for some good PR.

On the other hand, this is going to deter toxicity precisely zero fucking percent, so its a meaningless change and they really shouldnt have bothered.

On the third hand (yes, i see you staring at my third hand, get over it, its not weird, you’re weird), i also dont give one solitary fuck that its gone, so whatever. Its certainly not worth caring about at all, much less getting worked up over.

15+ Year Old Account
    of all the things get get upset about /spit rose to the top of the pile damn people are in their feelings too much
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Just leaving this here:

https://twitter.com/BrianBirming/sta...058182144?s=19

Video-game killing is make-believe.
    Video-game harassment is harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    On the one hand, this seems pointless and is just Blizzard pandering and DESPERATELY searching for some good PR.

On the other hand, this is going to deter toxicity precisely zero fucking percent, so its a meaningless change and they really shouldnt have bothered.

On the third hand (yes, i see you staring at my third hand, get over it, its not weird, you’re weird), i also dont give one solitary fuck that its gone, so whatever. Its certainly not worth caring about at all, much less getting worked up over.
    It's Blizzard basically telling its fanbase that a line in the sand exists between harassment and general toxicity. I'm sure Blizzard themselves are fully aware of the meaninglessness of the change, but it does show that they're at least willing to place measures into the game to combat harassment. The people who are using this change to invoke "woke scolding" are unironically some of the worst faith actors in the community.