Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They don't have trouble understanding that. They are simply saying that there is no reason to harass a person over either one. That you can convey dislike for a person with out actually harassing the person.
    There is a reason why I typed "harassment" under the "". Something you missed entirely. Furthermore your post is quite disingenious due to that.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There is a reason why I typed "harassment" under the "". Something you missed entirely. Furthermore your post is quite disingenious due to that.
    What are you babbling about? It doesn't matter if you used quotes or not. You can still dislike a person and express it without "harassment". Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Clearly you cant read since i didnt defend her, i pointed out its a funny way to show rage against women being harresed by harrasing a women.

It fully possible to demand that Activision Blizzard fire her or to point out why they need to fire her to them without harrasing her.
    Once again, there is a difference between harassing someone because of their gender and harassing someone because of their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree but right now we're talking about brand image, money and sponsors like tmobile, coca cola and state farm "taking the distance" from blizzard.

The money interests are way too big - reason why they have to change things around and get customers back. We'll see what this means; they making money and the games being good are not things that go always together. I for sure don't expect any doomsday scenario to happen.
    It means what it always means. The higher-ups will apologize for letting this go on under their noses, a couple of scapegoats will be given their golden parachutes, and some surface level changes will be made so that everyone can pretend they fixed everything.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-08-07 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'll probably get flak for this but I think the number of customers leaving over this situation is vanishingly small. That is to say that I don't flaw anybody whose moral compass compels them to stop supporting Blizzard; just that I think there is a lot of exaggeration of the actual impact in today's social media driven society.
    Partially agree onthe player loss, it's not gamebreaking of course but it's not as small as other usual times. Anyway players have very little impact compared to sponsors wanting to get away from the company (cautiously now). That's why the situation is on a whole another level compared to the standard doomsday discussion about how current expansion is making wow die.

And yes, fully agree that the whole "FINALLY WUW DED GAEM" is just exaggeration. Yet i assume they're gonna make it big for 10.0 because they need a signal/message right now to make players stay on the games. Realistically, D4 is still far, and the only very active/popular game is WoW, it's not an easy situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Once again, there is a difference between harassing someone because of their gender and harassing someone because of their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

It means what it always means. The higher-ups will apologize for letting this go on under their noses, a couple of scapegoats will be given their golden parachutes, and some surface level changes will be made so that everyone can pretend they fixed everything.
    Oh yes, that's entirely possible. I'm leaning towards "bigger" changes but i'm no company expert. I'm just a player that's basically bored of three expansions filled woth temporary systems and crappy writing. I still love raids and i'm literally playing the game because of the awesome people in my current guild more than for the gameplay itself.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

To quote a famous meme "Oh no... Anyway"

Last edited by Romanthony; 2021-08-07 at 05:19 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Not really crumbling so much as has been damaged and now they are trying to address it. The manner in which they are doing so is what people are watching now. They aren't the first company that's had to address these kinds of problems. The interesting part is how their own employees are reacting to it.
    To get back from that... their image is in a realy bad shape aka crumbling. The adressing is not going very smoothly either.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    The harrasment campaign at reddit worked.

They really, really hate women in tech.
    Her response was the worst, and anyone that read a bit of about her past knows she's human trash.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-08-07 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You seem to have difficulties understanding the difference between harassment due to gender and "" harassment"" duento choices, decisions and actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    She wasn't being harassed because she was a woman, she was being harassed because she is a literal torture apologist and because her performance in this entire fiasco has been... let's say that less than stellar. But hey, nice attempt to get woke points by defending such a piece of human !@#$.
    There is a difference between harassing a woman because she's a terrible human being and harassing a woman because she's a woman.
    "There is a difference between harassing a woman... and harassing a woman..."

Or shall we say "There is a difference between harassing a person and harassing a person."

You condone it when it aligns with your opinions or there is something more subjective? The amount of hatred and toxicity going about social networks from pseudo "good people" is sickening.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2021-08-07 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

Or shall we say "There is a difference between harassing a person and harassing a person."

You condone it when it aligns with your opinions or there is something more subjective? The amount of hatred and toxicity going about social networks from pseudo "good people" is sickening.
    Is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha attempt, or...?

Yeah just look at the female head of the most popular videogame on the planet.

She's a garbage Homo Sapiens all the way through, but get back to me when she's fired from her actual work at Activision-Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i know that but saying or typing activision blizzard is too freaking long. i'd rather be lazy in this case.
    "I'd rather be lazy than correct"

Well, ain't that the Social Media era summarised...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    To get back from that... their image is in a realy bad shape aka crumbling. The adressing is not going very smoothly either.
    1 year from now shit will be entirely back to normal.

Ya'll have far more hope in lasting change as a result of sexual harassment than I had even when I was still a kid and blue-eyed.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-08-07 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

Once again, she is not being harassed for simply being a woman. She's being "harassed" because she's pro-torture and anti-whistleblower. If she were a man that held those positions...the result would be the same.

Context is a thing...however much you might want to ignore it in an attempt to grab a "gotcha"

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Crumbling seems like an odd choice of words for it to me but w/e. Regardless of what words people use for their current state of affairs I think there's a good portion of their fan/consumer base who don't even care one way or the other about all of this. Which I don't fit into but my point is that Bliz is going to survive it. Them truly addressing all the creep behavior in the workplace should ultimately make them a better studio as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They are one and the same company, have been for years now.
    In your opinion, but they actually aren't legally. The same statement would also be false "Fran Townsend steps down from ABK, still at King".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    most americans supported torture and the iraq war
    Yup. I remember.

So many supported violating people's civil rights and bodily autonomy because it was an "emergency", and lives were at stake.

I'm sure glad that could never happen today.

Once again, she is not being harassed for simply being a woman. She's being "harassed" because she's pro-torture and anti-whistleblower. If she were a man that held those positions...the result would be the same.

Context is a thing...however much you might want to ignore it in an attempt to grab a "gotcha"
    Catching bits and pieces of this conversation, but from what I’ve picked up is that the person you replied to is saying harassment is bad, regardless of the reason. Someone responded to them stating that (paraphrasing) “harassing her is okay because she’s being harassed for being a piece of sh!t, not just because she’s a woman.” The person then tried to reiterate that it doesn’t matter because harassment, for any reason, is bad.
    You, or someone else, is trying to justify that harassing someone is fine as long as that person is a piece of crap. I don’t agree with it. If you want to call someone out for being crap, or call out their crap views, that’s fine; but, harassing someone for it is different from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Is this supposed to be some kind of gotcha attempt, or...?
    Look at my reply to the other person and you will see that it kind of succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Catching bits and pieces of this conversation, but from what I’ve picked up is that the person you replied to is saying harassment is bad, regardless of the reason. Someone responded to them stating that (paraphrasing) “harassing her is okay because she’s being harassed for being a piece of sh!t, not just because she’s a woman.” The person then tried to reiterate that it doesn’t matter because harassment, for any reason, is bad.
    You, or someone else, is trying to justify that harassing someone is fine as long as that person is a piece of crap. I don’t agree with it. If you want to call someone out for being crap, or call out their crap views, that’s fine; but, harassing someone for it is different from that.
    No, what the person was trying to say was that Fran was being harassed for being a woman...which is not the case.

And the "harassment" that Fran has been receiving is her being called out for her crap views. This is just like someone saying "If you're so tolerant...why won't you tolerate intolerance?"

- - - Updated - - -

Look at my reply to the other person and you will see that it kind of succeeds.
    It doesn't because, as i said, it ignores CONTEXT. It's a pathetic "gotcha" attempt.

Everything Fran is being "harassed" about is stuff she has said or done. That is a very different situation than being harassed simply because you are a woman employed in a male dominated industry.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-08-07 at 11:36 PM.

No, what the person was trying to say was that Fran was being harassed for being a woman...which is not the case.

And the "harassment" that Fran has been receiving is her being called out for her crap views. This is just like someone saying "If you're so tolerant...why won't you tolerate intolerance?"

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't because, as i said, it ignores CONTEXT. It's a pathetic "gotcha" attempt.

Everything Fran is being "harassed" about is stuff she has said or done. That is a very different situation than being harassed simply because you are a woman employed in a male dominated industry.
    You don’t have to tolerate someone being intolerant. That’s a BS take by someone who thinks they should be justified in being able to harass someone. Your take is that harassment is bad, unless it’s to harass someone who is a bad person, or deemed as such.

But the context you are spreading is that it’s okay to harass someone if they are a piece of crap, and that’s not true. Harassment of any form shouldn’t happen.
    As stated, if you want to call someone on bullsh!t, or hypocrisy, or anything else then that’s fine and is not an issue. There is, however, a difference for calling someone out on something vs harassing that person.
    You are trying to justify harassment, in any shape or form, is somehow okay if that person is a bad person and/or did/said bad things

You don’t have to tolerate someone being intolerant. That’s a BS take by someone who thinks they should be justified in being able to harass someone. Your take is that harassment is bad, unless it’s to harass someone who is a bad person, or deemed as such.

But the context you are spreading is that it’s okay to harass someone if they are a piece of crap, and that’s not true. Harassment of any form shouldn’t happen.
    As stated, if you want to call someone on bullsh!t, or hypocrisy, or anything else then that’s fine and is not an issue. There is, however, a difference for calling someone out on something vs harassing that person.
    You are trying to justify harassment, in any shape or form, is somehow okay if that person is a bad person and/or did/said bad things
    I'm saying that what's happening to Fran Townsend isn't harassment. It's her chickens coming home to roost.

10+ Year Old Account

In this particular case, it has nothing to do with her being woman. You ought to know better than that. Her responses has been absolutely shameful. For example, tweeting how whistleblowers are bad. During this lawsuit. An employee had killed herself due to bad working conditions. And she wants to shame you for telling someone. That's how awful she is. And let's not even get to her torture fetish.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-08 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?