Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Personally, i want something far more grounded. I am totally over all this "the universe as we know it will end" stuff, and far more into more localised, grounded problems. Im not saying I want to do battle with Hogger, but im just a bit burned out on cosmic end of the world scenarios.

I feel like it was an arms race to introduce bigger and badder enemies, and ultimately they have has scrapping with Death (I know not REALLY, but you get what I mean). Kind of like so many modern movie franchises. Fast and furious one is about a car mad undercover poice officer trying to catch a gang who steal dvd players from trucks. FF9 they literally fly into space.
    d,
    Yeah, I can understand that, I'm personally hoping for either the Dragon Isles or the South Seas expansions to be less high stakes, with the worst that could happen being the extinction of the dragons or Aszhara taking over the world

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Personally, i want something far more grounded. I am totally over all this "the universe as we know it will end" stuff, and far more into more localised, grounded problems. Im not saying I want to do battle with Hogger, but im just a bit burned out on cosmic end of the world scenarios.

I feel like it was an arms race to introduce bigger and badder enemies, and ultimately they have has scrapping with Death (I know not REALLY, but you get what I mean). Kind of like so many modern movie franchises. Fast and furious one is about a car mad undercover poice officer trying to catch a gang who steal dvd players from trucks. FF9 they literally fly into space.
    d,

Ah but we get to have our cake and eat it here. This is why the revamp is necessary. It's to clean up the Cataclysm content, erode it. And only then on top of all that the crazy wild cosmic invasions can happen occasionally and temporarily. This is why the revamp also needs to be as mundane and intimate as possible, the stories need to be almost trivially smally to provide a canvas for spectacular invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by hecpercu View Post
    Nothing, i will never ever give a single penny to this company.
    On topic i guess nex xpac will be the last since retail barely gets to 1M subs atm, so it will be spicey but wont work, we dont belive you anymore blizzard.
    Look I hate Blizzard as much as the next guy but this is just stupid and you should know it.

You have no data to support that the game only has 1Million subs, as Blizzard doesn't provide those numbers and any source online is pure speculation.

But lets say you are right and World of Warcraft retail has exactly 1 million subscribers right now.

Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers are expansions for Final Fantasy XIV that all were made despite the fact that the game had under 1 million subs at the time.
    RIFT had well under a million subs (probably under 500k) and it produced an expansion [Storm legion] of similar content levels as WoW (as well as two other expansions but from what I know they were terrible)
    Guild Wars 2 has no sub fee and makes far less money than WoW does. Yet they have an expansion on the way with a new continent, new features, new raid encounters, and all in all comparable to a WoW expansion.

WoWs store and supposed 1M subs is more than enough to fund expansions with the same or similar amount of content as Shadowlands, BFA, or Legion.

As for OP, I would like to see something akin to a world revamp that has Azeroth almost lost in time, with elements of past, present, and future as a result of the Infinite Dragonflight.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by hecpercu View Post
    Nothing, i will never ever give a single penny to this company.
    On topic i guess nex xpac will be the last since retail barely gets to 1M subs atm, so it will be spicey but wont work, we dont belive you anymore blizzard.
    SWTOR is getting an expansion this year ... I am fairly certain it has less than 1 million subs.
    I am fairly certain it had less than 1 million for its prior expansion too.

As long as WoW brings in money, they are going to keep the game going.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    A single realm lost in time, made up of different split realities that were smashed together:

A night elf kingdom built from a time where Malfurion trusted Illidan, a Hyjal with fantastic magical city built atop it.
    An Empire of Stormwind that never fought the orcs, instead becoming a brutal land of warriors.
    A far off future where the Wolvar evolved even further from the Titan's influence in Sholazzar, forming a mighty Czardom that civilized a Scourge-less Northrend.
    A Pandaria where the Pandaren embraced the Sha, leading to a land ruled by evil Emperors who wielded shadow magic instead of chi.
    And finally, Farahlon from the Iron Horde's Draenor, where the last bastion of orcs resists against the draenei.

Now, all of these is melded together and given a few hundred years to simmer. Something like Dark Souls where space and time are bit convoluted.

I confess that my previous idea on a time-themed expansion to have Murozond come back, go back in time, and help AU Lei Shen conquer Azeroth wasn't well thought out. Unlike my Light-themed expansion concept, this one wasn't fleshed out enough beyond a single patch. It wasn't even the first patch of the expansion concept anyway. The problem I encountered was what does Murozond do before he goes to AU Azeroth, and what would he do after we beat him and AU Lei Shen? I had no ideas for that, apart from more infinite dragonflight assaults or something.

Well there was one, but thinking on it now, it wouldn't have made sense. At the start of the time-themed expansion, Azeroth would start waking up, and it would be revealed that Murozond fears her, hence why he works to screw up the timeline and his journey to an alternate reality. By the final patch, Azeroth would have fully awakened and manifested as a gargantuan Titan with Night-Elf/Troll features (like that concept art someone drew), and kick Murozond into oblivion (having caused the very fate he was trying to avoid).

Back to the drawing board now.

OP your ideas are pretty good. The concept of witnessing the very horrible-terrible future that Murozond claims to have seen would be a treat. It should make the Maw look like Bastion in comparison.

I've had this odd idea of a different timeline version of Chromie, like a Chromie that is corrupted by the Infinite, one that didn't get to make the same Visage Day choice our Chromie did, basically forced to be whatever they get told would work for them. They grow to despise what they've become, and after the Infinites invade our Azeroth, decides to backstab them by helping us fight the Infinite Flight.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

5+ Year Old Account
    I tire of dragons. I rather light and void expansion where I can come back to the Titanworld when everything was beautiful and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I confess that my previous idea on a time-themed expansion to have Murozond come back, go back in time, and help AU Lei Shen conquer Azeroth wasn't well thought out. Unlike my Light-themed expansion concept, this one wasn't fleshed out enough beyond a single patch. It wasn't even the first patch of the expansion concept anyway. The problem I encountered was what does Murozond do before he goes to AU Azeroth, and what would he do after we beat him and AU Lei Shen? I had no ideas for that, apart from more infinite dragonflight assaults or something.

Well there was one, but thinking on it now, it wouldn't have made sense. At the start of the time-themed expansion, Azeroth would start waking up, and it would be revealed that Murozond fears her, hence why he works to screw up the timeline and his journey to an alternate reality. By the final patch, Azeroth would have fully awakened and manifested as a gargantuan Titan with Night-Elf/Troll features (like that concept art someone drew), and kick Murozond into oblivion (having caused the very fate he was trying to avoid).

Back to the drawing board now.

OP your ideas are pretty good. The concept of witnessing the very horrible-terrible future that Murozond claims to have seen would be a treat. It should make the Maw look like Bastion in comparison.
    Thanks, I could definitely see this Foreverblight zone being basically Dragonblight if it was from anywhere from Dark souls to an actual horror film, perhaps being similar to the Maw but with an addition of a Fog or Mist of sorts to restrict vision invoking a fear of the unknown, and perhaps even if you were to enter any of the Dragonshrines you'd find a single friendly corpse that upon inspection is implied to possibly still be alive, implying all of the corpses in the zone are still alive, perhaps even an Cloaked NPC in Wyrmrest Temple that plays a similar role to Ve'nari, and is implied to be a character we know, but we never learn who, perhaps even if you look towards the ocean who can vaguely make out.. something, perhaps a similar figure ontop of Wyrmrest

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they do the Infinite as its entire expansion I say fuck it set it on Ancient Kalimdor. It's honestly the most interesting part of history that would also be visually distinct enough to not feel "lazy."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah i guess ure right, i just guess that i estimate that ammount due to my prior 15yr xp and all eu servers where i play (6 between spanish and English) being so empty where 4 years ago ending legion it was so crowded even with all those spread end level content areas present, these days they feel absolutely empty, barely any guilds raiding and all you see is bots and boosters.

Wow could survive just with under 1m subs like other games did? Absolutely not, swtor and ffxiv and rift{ game that i even play these days since beta} were at the moment much more packed development teams after launch, with clear goals, in need of less income, with a long term goal, and without 250k shark shareholders waiting for they check.

1m subs and store means for blizzard that they have to make twice or four times the money per active account thus enforcing more boosting, current P2W model supported by wowtoken and boosting and that my friends is how blizzard ended destroying their own game, as it currently is, i white knighted this company for more than 20yrs but im done, even turned back my diablo resurrected preorder, the most exciting game announcent for me in the decade because it was the game of my childhood, but thats it, now im 35,and i decide who deserves my money, not you blizzard. Thanks for everything

Im sorry now OT again, i would always loved to see an xpac where we go back to primordial azeroth and then to the war of the ancients, but merely as a visitor, understanding what happened and learning some powers along the way so when we go back to present we can destroy that final threat always wanted, now..... Enjoy your cosmic chart nonsense that leaves azeroth, {the planet and unborn titan that gave life to wow and our npcs and the reason we were fighting for 15yrs with evil} like a 4rth chart character that nobody suddently remembers inside a book at a lost shelf, thanks Steve.

Eng not even my 2nd language i did my best, hope u have a really nice day.

Personally I always found the infinite dragonflight stuff to be the most engaging when it asked the player to engage in horrible acts like the Purging of Stratholme for the sake of keeping the timeline.
    With that in mind I would want at least one of the past zones to be Primal Azeroth right as all the Old Gods land on Azeroth and start vying for supremacy. This zone would then allow us to "ally" with the Old Gods and fight against Therazane and Neptulon, who we otherwise might not have had a chance to defeat. It would also give us some insight on the Void Lords and how the Old Gods factor into them.

Otherwise I might like to see a zone based around the defeat of the Fel Horde. How the old Alliance defeated the last remnants of the Orcs and their allies, and the battlefields shown there. This zone could allow us to help both the Alliance and Horde depending on what you want out of the zone. You could even have the Alliance and Horde helping their respective sides to ensure the fights goes as planned, or even give players a choice on whether to help the winning or losing side.
    Such a zone would allow us to see heroes of both the Alliance and Horde in their prime, as well as give insight into the Horde realizing they lost for nothing, and the Alliance feeling victorious having defeated a seemingly completely evil enemy not knowing the deeper story.

Future stuff is harder though. Though I would love to see a future somewhat akin to the Exodus form Argus. What enemy we are losing to doesnt really matter, just a truly apocalyptic end for Azeroth that has the various disparate faction of Azeroth band together to either have a last stand, or even leave on spaceships or similar.

Other potential futures are more likely to just be "X won" though, so I don't think they are that interesting on their own. Though if we have to go for that I would want oddball ones, like what would have happened if Lei-shen didnt die. Or what would have happened if the Alliance was entirely supreme, never having faced the plague of undeath.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Well if the old gods can envision its future, so can they envision its past.
    Ny’alotha is not the future or the past. It's a psychic plane/construct that N'Zoth could manifest on the real world. That's why when he died, it crumbled out of existence.

If they ever to a IDF expansion, I would like to be like that world that Doom created when the Marvel's multiverse collapsed.
    Maybe I'll come up later with something based on some of the "laternative history" skins from HotS. They look like good inspiration for this.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2021-08-10 at 02:28 PM.

ID like to see more time travel stuff, that allow us to see key points in History, And when I say time Travel, I mean things like the Caverns of time, Instances not the mess that was wods "Time travel"

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    ID like to see more time travel stuff, that allow us to see key points in History, And when I say time Travel, I mean things like the Caverns of time, Instances not the mess that was wods "Time travel"
    WoD's time travel story was OK-ish, in the sense that it was an alternative history, and most of the criticism for that expansion was from cut content: Farahlon (most likely tha middle patch zone), Zangar Sea, Temple of Karabor, Gorgrond being a shadow of what was supposed to be, Shattrath raid, etc. That lack of content made the players have almost no agency out of the garrisons. But the story and the leveling experience was pretty neat and almost noone complained about it.

The infinite dragons have always tried to rewrite history in a way that would fix terrible events. Think of all the cavern of time instances we've had. They tried to stop the opening of the dark portal, the formation of the horde, the culling of stratholm. So I'd like to see an expansion for them based on that idea.

Our enemy is the one trying to do the good thing. They go back in time to various points in history and try to stop things from happening. So we have to stop the infinite flight by ensuring terrible events in WoW's history happen. Zones for this could be things like:

Helping Aszhara start the first legion invasion and cause the sundering.

Helping Kel'Thuzad spread the plague in Lordearon and start the Scourge.

Helping the Orcs attack and sack Stormwind in the first war.

Helping the Mogu put down Pandaren rebels.

Helping the Scourge destroy Silver moon (and getting to kill Sylvanas along the way).

Helping the Old Gods conquer Azeroth in the black empire.

There's so many of these events that the infinite Dragonflight could be trying to stop from happening that would then force us to join up with the villains we've always fought against. I think that could be a really cool concept for an expansion.

Alternate ancient Kalimdor, set in motion by Azshara herself, is one option:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...mdor-Expansion

Dragon Isles as the main exploration continent.

Yet if we're talking about Infinite Dragonflight shenanigans, then really it could be set up like a giant Caverns of Time, where there's hundreds of portals to different timelines and we get access to however many are relevant to the current expansion.

I'd actually really like to see Caverns of time get a proper 2020's modern update, especially with all the art and level design to really make it multi-layered and other-dimensional, like what we saw with the timetwisted Karazhan dungeon.

Post apocalyptic Azeorth in an alternative future where the horde and ally never stop fighting. Make a point like all the Trolls are dead and the world is totally dicked.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    WoD's time travel story was OK-ish, in the sense that it was an alternative history, and most of the criticism for that expansion was from cut content: Farahlon (most likely tha middle patch zone), Zangar Sea, Temple of Karabor, Gorgrond being a shadow of what was supposed to be, Shattrath raid, etc. That lack of content made the players have almost no agency out of the garrisons. But the story and the leveling experience was pretty neat and almost noone complained about it.
    That is very true, When I see all the cut ideas from the expansion

I am pretty mad, Specially with the original idea to how the expansion starts One thing I didnt like was how they decided to Troll us by putting Farahlon in the game... for a Follower mission we sent the followers there but could not go our selves, That really was frustrating.