Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Would you play on a server where boosting was banned?

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    7. All tradeskills are available to your toon instead of a limit of 2.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    I'd play on a server where boosters were banned.
    But this is not that server. This is hot garbage.

LOL ill one up you:

would you play on a server where you cant use any addons

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You think because they obfuscate the pay to win behind the token that it's not pay to win?

I can create a new character, get it leveled to max, get raid geared, pvp geared and transmoged + mounts without ever doing a single thing myself. Just swiping the credit card over and over paying for each "service".

That is pay to win.

The WoW communities atrophied brains being unable to see that it's pay to win because "LOL JUST A TOKEN BRO" is seriously mind boggling.
    1.) Most people buying WoW tokens don't use them to buy boosts. Boosts are, by and large, still purchased through RMT. Just because the outfits organizing the boosts pay the boosters with gold doesn't mean that the gold that they're paying the boosters with is entirely legitimate. This is why the high profile boosting community Method was found to be using in back in Ny'alotha went belly up.
    2.) Since boosting is still mostly RMT, the people actually buying tokens usually do it for things like raid consumables and stuff.
    3.) Removing the WoW token wouldn't suddenly make the game any less "Pay2Win." People would continue to buy boosts just like they do currently, there'd just be a much higher likelihood that somebody buying gold for raid consumables would have their account compromised.
    4.) In effect, removing the WoW token would have zero impact on anything and in general simply make the game shittier for a large portion of the community. Congratulations, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So... As I'm understanding it.. an almost 100% solo MMORPG? As your rules prevent teamwork, grouping, trading of certain items and such.. Basically make it even more anti-social than progression/main servers.. Doesn't sound right.
    Is this not what WoW is now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Is this not what WoW is now?
    Maybe for you but for a lot, no? We can group up, we can do things together, we can trade items. If you find this unable to, then I believe it is more a 'you' problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Where boosting is banned? Sure. With this rules? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Where boosting is banned? Sure. With this rules? No.
    This pretty much .. the title is misleading as fuck.

Title should have been "Do you want to play WoW single player?"

10+ Year Old Account

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    Diablo 3 rules .?..

You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    I think this takes the cake as the absolute worst way to prevent boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I can create a new character, get it leveled to max, get raid geared, pvp geared and transmoged + mounts without ever doing a single thing myself. Just swiping the credit card over and over paying for each "service".

The WoW communities atrophied brains being unable to see that it's pay to win because "LOL JUST A TOKEN BRO" is seriously mind boggling.
    and you could do that since vanila, bcs thats when selling gold/items/boosts started...
    so if you noticed just recently or after token it seems its not other people who have "atprohied brains"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and you could do that since vanila, bcs thats when selling gold/items/boosts started...
    so if you noticed just recently or after token it seems its not other people who have "atprohied brains"...
    I'd argue that it was worse in Vanilla because Blizzard had no idea their game was going to become as popular as it did and they likely had little to no oversight on gold farming habits back then. By the time they started to crack down on it, gold farming had become its own sub-industry and was making seven-to-eight figure sums on a quarterly basis.

edit: who can forget shit like this

Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-09 at 07:32 PM.

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    i'll go down list for me.

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. no. that means i couldn't play with friends. this would be absolutely horrible.
    4. a guild scoreboard sounds like a neat idea. it would help drive competition between groups on servers like we used to see.
    5. no. the ah is a fundamental part of the game. all this would do is make people trade items.
    6. as long as there is no wow token, i don't think this would be needed. otherwise, yes.
    7. i could go both ways. having all profs on one toon is really convenient but the 2 prof limit encourages trying other classes. both are valid arguments.
    8. i'd be fine with this actually. it'd help combat con-artists whose goal is to steal account id's to take and sell your gold. though i would want gold to be account wide then. there could also be an account wide bank slot or something to get around the alt unfriendliness of this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answers in boldface

1. No cross realm.
    OK.

2. No transfers.
    OK.

Your enthusiasm for forced socialization, expressed in many other posts elsewhere, betray you here. No, absolutely not. Deal killer for me.

No. In fact there should be multiple types of guilds and players should be able to belong to more than one.

5. No AH.
    No. AH facilitates a game economy. This has zilch to do with boosting.

6. All items BOP.
    No. Players should be able to freely trade and sell their possessions to other players. That doesn't require an AH but an AH facilitates that as well as creating a market.

OK. I've advocated for that for some time now. Casual players would have more to do without necessarily requiring a squad of alts.

No. Same reason as an auction house. Mail can facilitate player trades. In fact, enlarging crafting and allowing players, self-sufficient or otherwise to set up market stalls might be a very good addition to the game.

It's easy to ignore boosting. Turn off general chat channels. Play with friends and within guilds and communities.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-09 at 07:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    Maybe, if my friends were too
    2. No transfers.
    see above
    absofuckinglutely not
    Guilds are pointless then
    5. No AH.
    absofuckinglutely not
    6. All items BOP.
    see above
    see above
    see above

That sounds like one of the most retarded idea I've ever read on this page.

I've never considered boosting an issue, I actually think it can be good for the game.

Being able to buy gold (with Blizzard's support) to buy a boost, however, is not good for the game. That's where the root of the issue lies imo.

I would be down for an iron-man mode type server however, or even a hardcore variant.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    LOL ill one up you:

would you play on a server where you cant use any addons
    would you play on a server, where you're only allowed to use a steering wheel as input?

The main problem is blizzard allowing boosting to flourish via the wow token. It should really be removed from the game given the harm its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    4.) In effect, removing the WoW token would have zero impact on anything and in general simply make the game shittier for a large portion of the community. Congratulations, I guess.
    Never knew the wow cash shop had a PR team.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Your enthusiasm for forced socialization, expressed in many other posts elsewhere, betray you here. No, absolutely not. Deal killer for me.
    Bingo bango. That's all this is. Again.