Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Orcs plus the end of my warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Not when they are on opposing factions.

Gnome and Dwarf. Never go against each other.
    Sure, dwarves and gnomes have been allies and friends since their first meeting more than 2000 years ago in Dun Morogh, with both races having helped each other early with gnomes teaching sciences and engineering to dwarves while dwarves taught stoneworking and metallurgy to them and helped build Gnomeregan in return.
    Plus both races felt a kinship between them and come to see each other as cousins, and it reinforced their bond, which is unique among interacial relations in WoW.

I see alot of people say orcs and Tauren but arent their friendly terms quite shaky since panda expansion?

Isent it like Humans and taurens better friends lorevise now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Where?
    Where do we see Alliance Night Elves, under Tyrande's law, make friends with the Night Elves, because on the occasions where the two do meet, both Tyrande and Shandris did nothing but berate the Nightborne leader. Shandris still blames the Nightborne and their hubris for what happened to the Kaldorei Empire.

If you ask me, Alliance Night Elves are closer terms to the Void Elves, Worgen and Tauren, than they are to the Nightborne. Indeed, friendship with the Blood Elves would probably come first before any friendships with the Nightborne. Hell, Night Elves lands are sealed off to the Horde - that does mean "No Nightborne allowed." Which is fine...not sure why the Shal'dorei would want to go there, since Quel'Thalas is more their cup of tea.

OT:
    Nightborne and Blood Elves for sure. Kael'Thas and Elisande joined the Legion under very similar circumstances, which differs from Azshara and the Highborne. Quel'Thalas and Suramar hold very core Arcane values, where arcane magical practice are key to their way of life.
    Night Elves and Worgen as another close bond. The whole deal with the Worgen curse and their link to the Emerald Dream - it was great to see Night Elves, Worgens and Gilneans fight shoulder to shoulder, again. It was something I was waiting for.
    Lightforged Draenei and Humans. This is more obvious, due to both races being very dedicated to the Light and both being led by the same Human. Perhaps a more fanatical take over, through Light-worship is on the horizon and the two races to do that would be Lightforged and Humans.
    you should READ WHAT is being spoken about before responding.

I was talking about night elves as a race relating to a group on the OPPOSITE faction.

Unless you would like to prove to me that. Night elves are closer to orcs, Tauren, trolls, undead , goblins, blood elves, Zandalari, Mag’har, Vulpera, Highmountain than they are Nightborne.

yeh. I think not. Of all the horde races out there, they are closest to Nightborne.

Do follow the conversation before jumping to the trigger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I see alot of people say orcs and Tauren but arent their friendly terms quite shaky since panda expansion?

Isent it like Humans and taurens better friends lorevise now?
    I think they made a point of it being Garrosh’s orcs, not the whole orc race.

Orcs and Tauren have been seen side by side for every activity the orcs have been involved with since MoP
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-08-13 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yeh. I think not. Of all the horde races out there, they are closest to Nightborne.
    Well said. They are members of the very same faction from the pre-Sundering era after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Tauren and darkspear
    Goblin and orcs
    Blood elves and shaldorei
    Goblins and orcs?

I know Thrall saved the bilge water, but friendly isn’t exactly the best adjective I would use to describe them.

also while they are allies I haven’t particularly seen very strong Darkspear , Tauren links. Not like orcs and Tauren. Or orcs and dark spears (who did have that sour spot due to Garrosh , but back to normal after him)

Definitely Nightborne and Blood elves though

Blood and high elves.
    Add void in I guess but... they aren't really a race by themselves are they.

you should READ WHAT is being spoken about before responding.

I was talking about night elves as a race relating to a group on the OPPOSITE faction.

Unless you would like to prove to me that. Night elves are closer to orcs, Tauren, trolls, undead , goblins, blood elves, Zandalari, Mag’har, Vulpera, Highmountain than they are Nightborne.

Do follow the conversation before jumping to the trigger

- - - Updated - - -

I think they made a point of it being Garrosh’s orcs, not the whole orc race.

Orcs and Tauren have been seen side by side for every activity the orcs have been involved with since MoP
    I will, actually.

Night Elves have worked more alongside Tauren, Darkspear Trolls and Blood Elves, as far as opposing faction go.

Tauren and Darkspear for their Druidism
    Blood Elves for their Farstrider/Sentinel union with the unseen path as well as their Mages working together in Dalaran, since both a Highborne and a Blood Elf own the tailoring shop in Dalaran and a Highborne and High Elf run the enchanting shop.

But, as far as all races go, Night Elves and Worgen are the two that work together and have the most friendly interaction.
    After that, despite everything, Night Elves and Void Elves have had the next level of positive interactions since it was Ren'dorei tourists who went to Darnassus before it burned and Shandris and Umbric working together during the Alliance campaign.

Forsaken & Blood elves started with a higher reputation with each other than the other horde races because of their shared history but Blizzard apparently forgot. Because undead are gross i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Forsaken & Blood elves started with a higher reputation with each other than the other horde races because of their shared history but Blizzard apparently forgot. Because undead are gross i guess?
    I think it comes down to the Forsaken/Blood Elf relationship has already been expressed in-game and through books. Now, they are starting to hint at re-establishing that bond between the two with Velonara stating that she is both Forsaken and sin'dorei, but Blizzard also wanted to bring in a race that works with the Blood Elves in terms of magical addiction and magical affinity and this is where the Nightborne/Blood Elf relationship has really taken off.

Indeed, Blizzard could do a story involving all 3 of these races together. It can be done as 8.2 did have a small introduction that focused on Nathanos, Lor'themar and Thalyssra being the main leaders of the 8.2 events, for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I will, actually.

Night Elves have worked more alongside Tauren, Darkspear Trolls and Blood Elves, as far as opposing faction go.

Tauren and Darkspear for their Druidism
    Blood Elves for their Farstrider/Sentinel union with the unseen path as well as their Mages working together in Dalaran, since both a Highborne and a Blood Elf own the tailoring shop in Dalaran and a Highborne and High Elf run the enchanting shop.

But, as far as all races go, Night Elves and Worgen are the two that work together and have the most friendly interaction.
    After that, despite everything, Night Elves and Void Elves have had the next level of positive interactions since it was Ren'dorei tourists who went to Darnassus before it burned and Shandris and Umbric working together during the Alliance campaign.
    You responded to my comment to someone else. You have to read what they wrote to get the context I made that response.

what you said is all well and good but it was very much beside the point I was making.

you seem to be under the impression that I am labelling night elves as friendly with Nightborne and have even now proceeded to emphasise night elves corporating with races they’ve been at war with as if to delegitimise what you think I’m trying to push for (which is for night elves to be friends with Nightborne), rather than the simplicity and truth of my statement which has nothing to do with what you’ve said.

Stop trying to fight arguments I’m not making.

it is really simply, if the night elves were , I repeat IF the night elves were to get on with any race in the opposite faction it would be Nightborne long before Tauren.

But cross faction friendships do not qualify in the OPs question because they are in the opposite side where they all fight each other too much. This is why I have not suggested them as friendships. Understand. I was pointing out to Beliren who was explaining to someone else that if you were to wrongly consider cross faction in this , Tauren won’t be the first candidates for night elves like Peacemoon thought.

Nightborne Ofc being night elven themselves, with all their history together, no conflict between the two unlike every other horde race. If you think Tauren are better candidates for night elf friendship than Nightborne who did not go and pillage and burn their forests nor attack the night elves everytime over the last 20 years the horde made aggressive moves all because some Tauren are druids - means you either completely blind or trying too hard to force people to think night elves and Nightborne have more beef and can never get in.

it’s very telling even when I’m not trying to make such a statement there you are fighting it.

that’s why I said READ the conversations. Follow the responses.

Cross faction friendships don’t qualify at all in this topic. We digressed to explore the likeliest ones, but no they aren’t the topic of conversation here

- - - Updated - - -

But if you want to discuss the merits of night elf cross faction friendships and strongest candidates for it.

make another topic and I’ll gladly flesh out all the reasons I feel that for night elves the only realistic candidates cross faction, without any new lore would be.

1. Nightborne
    2. Highmountain
    3. Vulpera
    4. Pandaren

without additional or new lore, I cannot see them having racial friendships with any other horde race.

but if you wanna discuss this. Make a topic for it.

SNIP
    Shared history is irrelevant.

Humans and Forsaken have a shared history, but that means nothing
    Blood Elves and High Elves have a shared history, that means nothing
    Night Elves and Nightborne have a shared history, that means nothing.

Humans never saw Forsaken as their kin, hence why the ambassadors that Sylvanas had sent to Stormwind, never returned.
    High Elves still believe that the Blood Elves owe them something, when they don't.
    Night Elves doubted and dismissed the Nightborne, twice over. Plus, the Nightborne spent 10k years out of night elf changes. Hell, if they had been, they'd have been exiled with Dath'Remar and become High Elves.

Again, if Night Elves were ever looking for friends, they'd go with the Gilneans/Worgen first, then look towards the Ren'dorei.
    Sin'dorei would likely even come before Shal'dorei, due to the recent history where Sentinels and Farstriders have worked together. (3 times, if we're counting the Unseen Path, then in Nazjatar as Lor'themar and Shandris were heavily involved and then at the gates of Orgrimmar.)

Tauren is more obvious, because Druidism has been a big part of both the Night Elven and Tauren cultures and both worked heavily together during the Firelands, the war against the Legion and working to heal Silithus. The Cenarian Circle was set up with only Night Elf and Tauren members.

Now I know you don't like it when people talk about the Elven Druids and how you think that's all we see in the Night Elves, but it's hard not to see it when Blizzard push them and the Sentinels onto us. Hell, the Druid Order Hall was a clear Night Elven setting, whilst the Mage order hall was big in the Humans, but had some Thalassian involvement with some of the Arcane Constructs that they were working on.

EDIT:
    I also find it slightly hypocritical of you to say that we should focus on Night Elves as a whole, but only focus on the Horde Tauren, when it comes to friendships.
    Tauren and Night Elves were the main factors in ending Ragnoras and Fandral in the Firelands - it was a Druidic effort.

Why can't we look at the Tauren who are neutral? Hammull Runetotem and not only that, what about Aponi Brightmane and Delas Moonfang? Two very good colleagues, as far as we're concerned?
    The Druids of the Circle, who are Tauren...

If you ask me, if the Alliance wants to try and get the Nightborne onside - send the Ren'dorei as Alleria would make a much better negotiator than Tyrande or Shandris.

And - let's not forget recent lore. Who was it that Tyrande and Malfurion sent for, when they wished to speak to a Horde representative? It wasn't Thalyssra, nor did she put herself forward for going to Nordrassil to meet the Night Elves. All of that alone seems to suggest that their relationship is a "yeah, whatever..." sort of basis and that's from both sides.
    It was Thrall, accompanied by Baine Bloodhoof and Calia Menethil.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-13 at 06:52 PM.

Goblins and orcs?

I know Thrall saved the bilge water, but friendly isn’t exactly the best adjective I would use to describe them.

also while they are allies I haven’t particularly seen very strong Darkspear , Tauren links. Not like orcs and Tauren. Or orcs and dark spears (who did have that sour spot due to Garrosh , but back to normal after him)

Definitely Nightborne and Blood elves though
    goblins build orgrimmar

goblins build orgrimmar
    Yeh. But not out of friendship love or closeness. More like profit and strong arming — and because for some reason back then orcs were incapable of building more than crude huts

Yeh. But not out of friendship love or closeness. More like profit and strong arming — and because for some reason back then orcs were incapable of building more than crude huts
    Why for some reason?

Orcs were not initially designed as a builder race. They are a destroyer race primarily. Goblins built horde machinery and infrastructure in the RTS. Orcs in lore were too young a race to have developed enough to build a faction capital. So it made 100% sense to use goblins.
    The story of WoD allows them to greatly develop the orcs infrastructure in a way that actually made sense when you factor in how we get to experience Draenor. Though I’m not sure the same could not have been done using the orcs on Azeroth anyway without a convoluted alternate reality story.

Orcs in Cata did greatly upgrade their style altho goblins build again. However in WoD it’s all Orcs except for the player garrison which still needs goblins who’s garrison is actually inferior to the iron horde’s buildings

All playable races have close ties with one another, not sure why people are talking about inane, outdated concepts like "factions". Now that they are all human-lite clones with a belief in the power of friendship and justice, they are all inseparable besties.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    dwarves and gnomes is the answer
    you think so? they always felt like 2 seperate societies that are close friends to me. the orc/troll(/tauren) seem much more like a multicultural integrated society.

goblins build orgrimmar
    Well it was gazlowe and his crew though, not the playable goblins anyway. Gazlowe is good friend of Thrall but I wouldn't say bilgewater goblins are closer with orcs than any other horde race because of that, really.

Same goes for Blaine being good friends with Voljin, doesn't necessarily mean Trolls and Tauren share some special bond.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well it was gazlowe and his crew though, not the playable goblins anyway. Gazlowe is good friend of Thrall but I wouldn't say bilgewater goblins are closer with orcs than any other horde race because of that, really.

Same goes for Blaine being good friends with Voljin, doesn't necessarily mean Trolls and Tauren share some special bond.
    Agree with you here.

I’m curious too why he thinks darkspears and Tauren are very close friends or goblins and orcs. The building of Orgrimmar is not based on racial friendship but on individual friendship.

It’s the same with the night elf and Tauren thing. There is no racial friendship. Just an individual friendship between Malfurion and Hanukkah and is students who are part of the Druid thing

orcs have always been the goblins' best customers since WC2 where they were even part of the horde.

I am not talking on the level that they love each other but their economic, commercial and alliance relationship is much greater than among other races of the horde.Orcs rely on goblins to build their ships, flying machines, towns, and more. and the goblins have as I said in the orcs always reliable clients.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

now Gazlowe is the racial leader of the horde goblins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    because Sylvanas is evil