Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Only if you don't raid. The median for Terocone across all servers is 6.5g each. Default Haste Potion twice per pull will cost you around 30g each. Add that to elixirs, scrolls, runes, weapon oils / stones and other consumables and a single wipe will cost 100-200g. The TBC gold system was designed to support you for expenses, such as consumables and epic flying, but not to this degree.

Pretty much all the few people I know that only started playing in TBC have all been forced to buy gold last month already. Nothing except raid consumables have any value and herbs are being botted harshly already.
    I'm not sure about forced to buy gold for T4. I have pugged T4 many times and I'm sure no one bought gold or even used haste potions during first weeks. Maybe their guild needs to recruit better players if pugs manage to clear it without buying gold.

e: after checking logs only 1 person used haste potion on Maggy pug and none used in Kara pug
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2021-08-11 at 11:17 AM.

Idk why you need consumes outside of a flask and buff food - did an alt gdkp last 2 weeks, most people in dungeons blues and cleared everything 1 shot, mag 2 shot then proceeded to 1 shot kara.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    1 week left for your revisit and prices have dropped, not looking good.
    Primal fires went for 50g+ for the first couple of weeks at the start and that was with the hyperinfalted spawnrates.
    Without that spawnrate change from original tbc that 300g prediction would probably have been to low even.

Im happy thou, i grinded primal fires for my epic flying, then i grinded it until i could afford my 5 tailoring pieces totaling around 12k gold. Without instant spawn rate, that would've been a nightmare, and i likely would have given up on that goal.

When ppl did those early estimations, it was based on the game releasing as it was, and given that blizz had said no layer increase it was a reasonable assumption that crafting mats would skyrocket in prize tbh.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Only if you don't raid. The median for Terocone across all servers is 6.5g each. Default Haste Potion twice per pull will cost you around 30g each. Add that to elixirs, scrolls, runes, weapon oils / stones and other consumables and a single wipe will cost 100-200g. The TBC gold system was designed to support you for expenses, such as consumables and epic flying, but not to this degree.

Pretty much all the few people I know that only started playing in TBC have all been forced to buy gold last month already. Nothing except raid consumables have any value and herbs are being botted harshly already.
    I doubt you actually play, because that's so far from the reality.

Even using elixirs, weapon oils and food buffs, you will actually make more gold then you spend clearing the current T4 content. Clearing Karazhan takes 2 hours at most, and you end up with around 45-50 gold. These buffs will cost you less then 15g for the night, not 200g per wipe! Haste potions is only for parsers. Shaving 10 seconds on a boss that takes 2 minutes to kill is pointless.

That's kind of the same for epic flying. I don't understand the need to get it for people that are raiding, since you can't use it within the raid. It is only really useful to speed up questing and farming herbs/ores, but the only reason to do that at lvl70 is for gold. At that price, just don't bother farming and keep your gold for consumables! Just playing the game earns you gold enough for all your consumables that you will end up having enough for the epic flying mount eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    Idk why you need consumes outside of a flask and buff food - did an alt gdkp last 2 weeks, most people in dungeons blues and cleared everything 1 shot, mag 2 shot then proceeded to 1 shot kara.
    IDK why you would need consumes period. That's just the mindless minmaxing speaking.

7+ Year Old Account
    HEY i earned my gold so no wiping of gold...
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Hyper spawns that were enabled saved markets. This was an unexpected change that happened tbqh, be it a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I went through the Dark portal with epic ground riding skill and 35g and by the time I'd finished all the quests* and made maybe 400g from selling things (mostly motes/primals and leather) I found along the way had enough to buy epic flying so not sure it's quite the goldsink people make out. TBC throws gold at you.
    s/Chinny Reckon

Quote Originally Posted by ovine View Post
    s/Chinny Reckon
    Good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

People complaining about gold are hilarious, if a friend of mine that teaches in a university with 2 kids, and a wife can have epic flying mount and full tailor set after a month and go to every raid with full consumables, so can you. You're just lazy

Only people that wanted to be top DPS and brag used haste pots in our group. The T4 raid content is extremely easy and not balanced around min/max.

Layers, hyperspawns and completely unregulated botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    You don't need to slam haste pots to clear t4 content.
    you dont need consumeables at all, in fact u dont need to be level 70 to clear t4 content, so why didnt u just level a druid to 68 and stop there?

legit dumbest argument I've ever heard, when have humans ever settled for "what we need" ? you don't NEED a phone, or electricity for that matter, so how do you have access to these forums?

The progress of human soeciety stems from our quest to keep improving, to prove that our Epeens are bigger than others, and there are are infinite ways to accomplish this, slamming haste pots are one of them. levelling to 70 and gearing is another, and inventing luxury items for entertainment was definitely a big dick energy play.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Layers, hyperspawns and completely unregulated botting.
    Out of all you said only the spawn part is true.
    Botting also existed in original tbc and I don't think you understand the concept of layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Only people that wanted to be top DPS and brag used haste pots in our group. The T4 raid content is extremely easy and not balanced around min/max.
    you sound so god damn boring to play with, i feel sorry for you group. never understood how people can raid without popping consumes, and getting world buffs for that matter, its so god damn boring, I personally just imagine its the players who want to get out of the raid with their shiny new loot as fast as possible with as little effort as possible, instead of actually enjoying the raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Out of all you said only the spawn part is true.
    Botting also existed in original tbc and I don't think you understand the concept of layers.
    fairly sure it is you who does not understand? Layers most definitely increases availability of resources what are you on about? and botting most certainly was NOT this extreme back in TBC, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    you sound so god damn boring to play with, i feel sorry for you group. never understood how people can raid without popping consumes, and getting world buffs for that matter, its so god damn boring, I personally just imagine its the players who want to get out of the raid with their shiny new loot as fast as possible with as little effort as possible, instead of actually enjoying the raids.
    The raids are surely more enjoyable without any buffs at all so that they last longer Sounds like YOU are the one who wants it over as fast as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    I doubt you actually play, because that's so far from the reality.

Even using elixirs, weapon oils and food buffs, you will actually make more gold then you spend clearing the current T4 content. Clearing Karazhan takes 2 hours at most, and you end up with around 45-50 gold. These buffs will cost you less then 15g for the night, not 200g per wipe! Haste potions is only for parsers. Shaving 10 seconds on a boss that takes 2 minutes to kill is pointless.

That's kind of the same for epic flying. I don't understand the need to get it for people that are raiding, since you can't use it within the raid. It is only really useful to speed up questing and farming herbs/ores, but the only reason to do that at lvl70 is for gold. At that price, just don't bother farming and keep your gold for consumables! Just playing the game earns you gold enough for all your consumables that you will end up having enough for the epic flying mount eventually...
    currently on the Auction house

2x Brilliant Wizard oil = 2x10.5g = 21g
    1x Flask of Pure Death = 64g
    5x Poached Bluefish = 7.5g
    Total for the most basic bitch consumes assuming a sub 2 hour raid: 21+64+7.5 = 92.5g
    this is the cheapest it really gets. now I like to have fun, and for my friends to have fun while raiding, so I picked up a druid and started tanking so they didnt have to hold back due to threat issues. this means having engineering, having a Gnomish battle chicken, using super sappers, etc, and most of the DPS in my group have higher expenses than this (hunters using scrolls for both themselves and their pets for example) and as we tend to do risky cheesy shit to have fun and get some fun parses, wehter its fishing for rank 1 DPS prases, or speed clears, we also tend to have some deaths needing extra consumes. it also means we will take breaks to get Heroism back, or use time letting our mage spell steal for a couple of minutes before bosses.

5x Super Sapper Charge: 19.5*5=97.5g
    5x Nightmare Seed: 1.8*5=9g
    1x Flask of Relentless Assault: 55g
    5x Scroll of Agility V: 8.3*5 = 41.5g
    5x Scroll of Strength V: 3*5 = 15g
    5x Scroll of Protection V: 1*5= 5g
    5x Scroll of Stamina V: 0.5*5 = 2.5g
    5x Warp Burger: 1.5*5 = 7.5g
    10x Haste Potion 9.8*10 = 98g
    Total = 331g

Now that is cheap compared to what the DPS players in my raid a popping, I dont use oils, I dont use Weapon stones, I dont use double scrolls, the list goes on. its also assuming that I as a Tank dont really die more than once while wearing basically full DPS gear for threat. It is also not counting in Jewel Crafting Neck costs since its a bit awkward to calculate as who uses it is pretty random depending on people dying etc. and this is only counting in kara, not mag+gruul which usually takes us 1 hour 45 minutes, and roughly 15 minutes less if we dont count 2x beast boss + waiting for heroism/chickens

its safe to say that 450g is closer to the average gold spent per raid, per DPS player in consumes due to deaths etc.

The fact that you say "I doubt you actually play" when its pretty obvious the guy you replied to does indeed actually play, meanwhile you think you do, but you don't. 8)

its not about elitism, its not about being a tryhard, its about having fun, and it sounds to me like you sure don't.

You got it backwards. Its buffs and consumables that made classic raids effortless and faster..

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The raids are surely more enjoyable without any buffs at all so that they last longer Sounds like YOU are the one who wants it over as fast as possible
    if i wanted it to be over as fast as Possible surely I would speed run you doofus. what is enjoyable about doing a T4 boss just for the sake of doing it? as everyone has already said, the content is easy as piss, its not like the fight itself is gonna have any entertainment value. even all the casuals are saying it, so obviously the way to actually enjoy the raids is to go for some Rank 1 parses, go for some rank 1 speed kills, do a bit of cheesy shit here and there. and have a laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    You got it backwards. Its buffs and consumables that made classic raids effortless and faster..
    done plenty of BWL's where we wipe 2 minutes in on a speed run and we're all there without any world buffs, so no. it is not, the content was STILL a joke, just less fun when you couldnt blast.

What did I say to come to any conclusion as to how I am "boring"? Did you quote the wrong dude? I just said that the content doesn't require a lot of preparation and thus no need to spend vast amounts of gold.