10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm inclined to disbelieve any QB injury reports from the Colts so when they say Wentz is trending toward week 1 availability I start worrying that he's in a coma or something.
    https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1425466946317848577

Also apparently Dak is getting another MRI on his shoulder and the Cowboys are like.... DONT PANIC, THIS IS ONLY A DRILL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foooooooootball.

And basketball on the 2nd screen. Lovely summer night like this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to assume Mac Jones starts the second half, to get him up to speed with the stuff in play then. Going to be interesting how many drives he gets the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, don't look now, but Patriots might have a future All Pro rookie.

No, not Mac Jones, who looked good enough, but Quinn Nordin, our rookie Kicker! He only really got a chance cause Nick Folk got injured and has looked light's out in the past week's practices and the game tonight.

Michigan guy, so double fun for me if he makes the team and excells.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Ron Rivera didn't want the game to end, and used time outs when Patriots tried to go Victory Formation to close out the game.

Patriots counter with a spectacular 91 yard TD run by our rookie 4th rounder RB Stevenson.

Thanks Ron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Field of Dreams game too.
    I don’t think he’s gravitated to the only Boston team worth supporting yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don’t think he’s gravitated to the only Boston team worth supporting yet.
    I've watched parts of deep Red Sox playoff run games, but it can't really hold my interest as a sport for every day.

Some people complain about Football and that it's short bursts of action mixed with a lot of commercial breaks and standing around, but at least with Football you KNOW something is going to happen.

With Baseball it's: A play just happened and people get back to their positions, a new hitter comes to the plate and things get tallied. Pitcher stands around waiting for his signals. He gets one he likes. This whole process takes longer than Football between plays. So now the Pitcher starts his pitch, incoming action! Well nope. Nothing happened. Ball. Again a whole process of getting the ball back to the pitcher, waiting for signs. Another pitch, maybe action this time? Nope. Batter missed. Strike call. Back to setting up again.

And this process can take MINUTES before the ball is ever put into play.

By that time I'm already looking at other screens and finding entertainment elsewhere. The anticipation of the ball being put into play is not something that grips me. I want to just see people do shit, not watch a pitcher and batter play a drawn out battle while everyone else is standing around waiting.

Play Off Baseball is tolerable when it's like late game and there's limited opportunities left and things get tense, but otherwise pass for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Red Sox owner is one of the biggest scrooge's in Sports. They had a championship roster and dismantled it just cause of that penny pinching bastard. And he;s doing the same to Liverpool FC, a club he also owns.

That's incredibly hard to root for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Also, the Red Sox owner is one of the biggest scrooge's in Sports. They had a championship roster and dismantled it just cause of that penny pinching bastard. And he;s doing the same to Liverpool FC, a club he also owns.
    Not the first time either, the previous time also involved a trade with the Dodgers.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta appreciate on the day Bears fans got confident they had the best QB in the NFC North Jordan Love decides to put up a solid 12-17 for 122 and a TD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an almost soothing consistency watching Raiders DBs over the years wipe out Geno Smith.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Look, IDK what's happened to QB development lately, but all the young guys have been looking good this year. Trey Lance against the Chiefs (backups, but still) was pretty solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Look, IDK what's happened to QB development lately, but all the young guys have been looking good this year. Trey Lance against the Chiefs (backups, but still) was pretty solid.
    I mean preseason means very little. As people love pointing out Rodger's first two preseason games were absolute trash, and Paxton Lynch's were amazing.

But it is interesting that so far none of the Rookies (+ Love) have had a bad preseason game. Usually there's always the one that comes out and just wets the bed.

Extremely vanilla defenses using 3rd string/PS players against offenses playing a portion of their starters is part of it for some of them. QBs should look good in the preseason, especially the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Paxton Lynch's were amazing.
    You must be thinking of the wrong player there, he never looked amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to the Falcons on being the first team to hit 100% Vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Congrats to the Falcons on being the first team to hit 100% Vaccination.
    Do they get a gold star for that?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope, just the advantage of a much lower chance of people missing a significant portion of the season due to delta.
    And respect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Apparently Matt Ryan led the charge on getting everyone vaccinated, and was an early adopter himself. There's that good Boston College education paying off. Glad to be an alum. Wish I could say I tutored him as opposed to some of his teammates, but he didn't need it. Guy has like a master's degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Ryan has an MVP and a near Super Bowl ring, and you never hear a single thing about him. It's kind of refreshing in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jags release Tebow. Guess they finally no longer were able to ignore the fact that the guy is a waste of roster space.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this would be the end of sports media coverage of Tebow but I just know something else will come up, he's probably gonna become a competitive eater after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    a near Super Bowl ring.
    Fucking lol
    /s

I wish this would be the end of sports media coverage of Tebow but I just know something else will come up, he's probably gonna become a competitive eater after this.

Fucking lol
    There was a thread on r/buffalobills titled "Tebow?" and it baited me so hard. The content of the post was basically like "lol no, just kidding."

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a thread on r/buffalobills titled "Tebow?" and it baited me so hard. The content of the post was basically like "lol no, just kidding."
    News had barely gone out or there were already jokesters and dimwits linking Tebow to NE, cause we're having some injury issues at TE.

Like, please. Not again.