Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Remove racials ?

That would help the alliance a bit,and prolly a new race next exp for them to fix the imbalance ?

That wouldn't help alliance. Probably would damage it even more as there would be literally no reason to switch to Alliance at all.

The racial horse bolted a decade ago, even if it ever was truly a causative factor for faction imbalance pure momentum has long since overtaken it and it's basically just symptomatic now.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    That would help the alliance a bit,and prolly a new race next exp for them to fix the imbalance ?
    Alliance has the better racials. They'd have to make them overwhelmingly better to help with that, and it wouldn't ever fix the imbalance.

Even with no racials, the imbalance would eventually have happened. The faction divide itself is the issue.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Remove? Nah. But they certainly should go through them and do something to fix races that only have 3 racials, when others have 6.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stripping away features in order to make a MMORPG more competitive is missing the point of MMORPG's in the first place. Yes there should be pvp, and yes ideally it's balanced, but the game needs to be a rich world first and foremost. The more you streamline it, the less it becomes what people subscribe for.

Just give humans old EMFH. Thanks.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The only thing that would fix imbalance would be removing factions. Currently majority of players are playing Horde so if new people are thinking what to play most of them are choosing the bigger faction as it gives better possibilities.

GOOD IDEA. Remove more RPG aspects. We already have enough of it ingame.

No. Serious now. This game is nothing more than a dead lobby game right now and a lobby game since legion. We do not need more RPG elements removed just to make it fit for esports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm. No. There is more to it than just playing for racials. It's a fantasy game, so why play humans or close to it (mostly)? Why play the stereotypical good guys? Why play the side with crap storytelling? Why play the side that always cant do no wrong?

Horde is more compelling in every aspect. Plus racials. Yall lost when war 3 made the horde a compelling misunderstood band of misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    GOOD IDEA. Remove more RPG aspects. We already have enough of it ingame.

No. Serious now. This game is nothing more than a dead lobby game right now and a lobby game since legion. We do not need more RPG elements removed just to make it fit for esports.
    I addressed only the imbalance issue. I agree that it would need a convincing story to back such scenario up. Speaking of which I don't believe that Blizzard is currently capable of creating one.

Let’s say racials are all removed tomorrow

Top guilds will still be horde because that’s where the people are

The racials aren’t the issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance have stronger racials right now, removing them won't help. People aren't swapping because they don't want to lose the massive player pool on horde side, which comes with many advantages more significant than the racials alone.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Let’s say racials are all removed tomorrow

Top guilds will still be horde because that’s where the people are

The racials aren’t the issue
    The Racial is the rootcouse for the massive fanction unbalance and blizzard know if they would make Alliance Racials better than horde top guild would migrate to Alliance and then the "lesser raiders and pvpers follow".
    It has already happened and they dont want it to happen again because they are horde players......... Just look on classic Alliance had the majority of players when they had good pve racials now in tbc classic where there is no reason to play alliance over horde what has happened Alliance is pretty much dying...And Blizzard is doing to changes that only benefit horde so who would have guessed blizzard is just making the issue bigger for alliance players.......

1. Remove A/H barrier. Problem solved for every realm...Lore wise we already do everything together...

2. PVP realms are already gone. In Warmode leave Free4all. Guildies and people in party are friendly. Everyone else can kill everyone.

3. Also, certain races still can't go into certain parts of the world. Like Orcs in Stormwind or Humans in Orgrimmar. Maybe only in some embasy parts of the city.

DO IT, DO IT NOW!
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-08-18 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The Racial is the rootcouse for the massive fanction unbalance and blizzard know if they would make Alliance Racials better than horde top guild would migrate to Alliance and then the "lesser raiders and pvpers follow".
    It has already happened and they dont want it to happen again because they are horde players......... Just look on classic Alliance had the majority of players when they had good pve racials now in tbc classic where there is no reason to play alliance over horde what has happened Alliance is pretty much dying...And Blizzard is doing to changes that only benefit horde so who would have guessed blizzard is just making the issue bigger for alliance players.......
    Alliance has the better racials. Racials simply don't matter any more, the imbalance has gotten to the point where you'd have to massively skew things to get people to move.

The same scenario would have happened without racials as well. Racials never truly mattered, they were just the feature that happened to tip the unstable faction balance. If it hadn't been them, it would have been something else. Once one side is bigger, everybody flocks there, racials or no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Remove A/H barrier. Problem solved for every realm...Lore wise we already do everything together...
    I really don't get why they treat it as such a huge issue. In BC, it seemed like the natural progression of things, then they started their tradition of hackneyed "war plots" that never go anywhere, all to preserve a barrier that serves no real purpose to begin with.

There is no imbalance between racials anymore.

This is a 10 year old argument that just refuses to die because people who actually buy into this never seen a mythic boss in their life.
    And we are not necessarily talking about WF races here, 99% of mythic raiders wouldn't ever race swap their entire roster for a boss either, that's a privilage for Limit and Method/Echo.

As many said, most mythic raiders are horde because most competitive people are horde.
    It's a community thing, there is zero gameplay reason for it.

When we had the free HC item hand-out for Alliance during 8.2 Limit literally transferred to alliance for that 1 item and transferred back.
    This tells you everything you need to know.

But you don't have to take my word for the Alliance being more casual.
    Start doing leveling dungeons from 50-60 on a horde alt then do the same on an ally alt.
    You will be surprised how much more casual alliance players are.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

I really don't get why they treat it as such a huge issue. In BC, it seemed like the natural progression of things, then they started their tradition of hackneyed "war plots" that never go anywhere, all to preserve a barrier that serves no real purpose to begin with.
    Depends how deeply rooted the faction system is... Considering that it was a fundamental feature from the get go I do think its heavily rooted and any slight change can cock up the rest of the game in more ways than we can count.

Not saying that it can't happen... But the big issue is that its probably a big change that requires extensive work. It's not a flip of the switch.

AFAIK ion has mentioned they are looking into it. I just think it's gonna take time. And lots of it too.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Ummm. No. There is more to it than just playing for racials. It's a fantasy game, so why play humans or close to it (mostly)? Why play the stereotypical good guys? Why play the side with crap storytelling? Why play the side that always cant do no wrong?
    Most people play Blood elf, Night elf or Human by a massive ridiculous margin, so most people do in fact want to play races close to human. Further, across the entire population faction distribution tends to even (and might be slightly alliance favoured).

The issue for faction balance is the horde outnumbers the alliance when it comes to endgame organised PvE content
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather not see more racials removed. I'd rather see more identity for the races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..