15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Doesn't matter what you think.
    It is a fact that BDSP is Generation 8.
    This isn't a debatable point.

It is like saying "I am not going to say the world is round because it looks flat to me." That's the level of logic you are using, that your personal opinion matters more than the actual definitions.
    Agreeable definition of a new gen has always been when a new set of pokemon have been released. These do not go past gen 4, ergo >>>>>>>

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Agreeable definition of a new gen has always been when a new set of pokemon have been released. These do not go past gen 4, ergo >>>>>>>
    No, try again. That isn't what defines it as.

A new set of pokemon in a new region is what starts the generation.
    Any game release after that point is part of that generation until the next game with a whole new region and new set is released.

They are by definition of Generation Generation 8.
    They do not need a Generation 8 pokemon to be Generation 8.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    No, try again. That isn't what defines it as.

A new set of pokemon in a new region is what starts the generation.
    Any game release after that point is part of that generation until the next game with a whole new region and new set is released.

They are by definition of Generation Generation 8.
    They do not need a Generation 8 pokemon to be Generation 8.
    Do you know why they get classified in the gen after a new one? It uses the pokemon from the new gen. These do not. End of tbqh. Enjoy gen 4!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know why they get classified in the gen after a new one? It uses the pokemon from the new gen. These do not. End of tbqh. Enjoy gen 4!
    Gen 4 remakes are part of gen 8 interconnectivity, so yeah, they're gen 8 releases.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With a ton of links for reference. It’s one of the biggest fan sites and generally has very reliable information. Meanwhile, you’re one person telling everyone else they’re wrong… yeah.
    Except your own source contradicts itself.

"The core series[1][2] of the Pokémon games or core games[3], commonly referred to as the main series or mainline games by fans, is the game series for Nintendo video game systems, which follow the standard model of a player's journey through a specific region to catch and raise Pokémon, battle Trainers, fight crime, and earn recognition (usually by collecting Badges from Gym Leaders) until they are acknowledged as the strongest Trainer."

Considering Legends: Arceus is set in a time before Humans and Pokemon co-existed, it's extremely unlikely that there will be a lot of trainer battles let alone Gym Leaders and an Elite 4.

Hence why, even though Colisseum and XD: Gale of Darkness have a very similar gameplay style as the Main series, they are not main series games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll be enjoying the generation 8 games BDSP and Legends Arceus.

If I want to play generation 4, I'll bust out my 3DS and play DPP or HGSS.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll be enjoying the generation 8 games BDSP and Legends Arceus.

If I want to play generation 4, I'll bust out my 3DS and play DPP or HGSS.
    And if i want to play gen 4, ill play gen 4 remakes. If i want to play a spin off, ill play arceus. I don't because pokemon after gen 5 is awful and smt is better, but still, options!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

"The core series[1][2] of the Pokémon games or core games[3], commonly referred to as the main series or mainline games by fans, is the game series for Nintendo video game systems, which follow the standard model of a player's journey through a specific region to catch and raise Pokémon, battle Trainers, fight crime, and earn recognition (usually by collecting Badges from Gym Leaders) until they are acknowledged as the strongest Trainer."

Considering Legends: Arceus is set in a time before Humans and Pokemon co-existed, it's extremely unlikely that there will be a lot of trainer battles let alone Gym Leaders and an Elite 4.

Hence why, even though Colisseum and XD: Gale of Darkness have a very similar gameplay style as the Main series, they are not main series games.
    Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are part of gen 3 interconnectivity.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't really contradict itself. As we know not a lot about it even now. I mean in Sword and Shield can you really even say you fought "crime." Team Yell is more just trying to keep you from progressing so Marnie can win. And Marco Cosmos is only fought when they are trying to prevent you from interfering with Rose talking with Leon.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    And if i want to play gen 4, ill play gen 4 remakes. If i want to play a spin off, ill play arceus. I don't because pokemon after gen 5 is awful and smt is better, but still, options!
    Pokemon after gen X is awful.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are part of gen 3 interconnectivity.
    That's not what their source says which is my whole point. Using Bulbapedia as the site that determines what is a main game and what isn't is flawed, because they don't even follow their own criteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except if you are playing the Gen 4 remakes, you are playing Generation 8.
    And if you are playing Legends Arceus, you are playing a main series game.

These have accepted definitions. It is like saying your favorite pseudo-legendary is Haxorus because you define pseudo-legendary differently than what is accepted.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon after gen X is awful.
    If i know math, x=5

- - - Updated - - -

Except if you are playing the Gen 4 remakes, you are playing Generation 8.
    And if you are playing Legends Arceus, you are playing a main series game.

These have accepted definitions. It is like saying your favorite pseudo-legendary is Haxorus because you define pseudo-legendary differently than what is accepted.
    There is nothing gen 8 about them, so i can't call them gen 8. If they had gen 8 pokemon and dynamaxing, i would.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i know math, x=5
    Except there's a big black hole between gen 1 and gen 7.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really contradict itself. As we know not a lot about it even now. I mean in Sword and Shield can you really even say you fought "crime." Team Yell is more just trying to keep you from progressing so Marnie can win. And Marco Cosmos is only fought when they are trying to prevent you from interfering with Rose talking with Leon.
    Bruh, I'm not gonna do this hypothetical shit. Fighting crime is only one part criteria. Battling trainers, fighting Gym Leaders, and becoming acknowledged as the strongest trainer is also part of the criteria, but once again, what we know about Legends Arceus is that this is a time where humans don't fight alongside Pokemon, so it's highly unlikely we'll have those things in this game. Sure, it's possible that it will happen, but based on what we know 5 months before the game comes out, that isn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing gen 8 about them, so i can't call them gen 8
    They are by definition Generation 8.

As the last game that introduced both a new region and new pokemon were Sword and Shield and no new region and set of pokemon has been introduced since.
    They do not require Sword and Shield mechanics or pokemon to be Generation 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh, I'm not gonna do this hypothetical shit. Fighting crime is only one part criteria. Battling trainers, fighting Gym Leaders, and becoming acknowledged as the strongest trainer is also part of the criteria, but once again, what we know about Legends Arceus is that this is a time where humans don't fight alongside Pokemon, so it's highly unlikely we'll have those things in this game. Sure, it's possible that it will happen, but based on what we know 5 months before the game comes out, that isn't the case.
    Yes, but that is just also a rough description of what is generally considered to be main series. Prior to Sun and Moon release, main series was believed to require gyms. We now know that isn't the case. And with Sword and Shield, we also know an Elite 4 is not necessary either.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    They are by definition Generation 8.

As the last game that introduced both a new region and new pokemon were Sword and Shield and no new region and set of pokemon has been introduced since.
    They do not require Sword and Shield mechanics or pokemon to be Generation 8.
    What people seem to not understand is that "generations" are marked by their interconnectivity. These new games are part of the gen 8 interconnectivity.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    What people seem to not understand is that "generations" are marked by their interconnectivity. These new games are part of the gen 8 interconnectivity.
    Interconnectivity is not required either. Spin off games like the Ranger series and Mystery Dungeon also get classified into the generations.

However, the fact they are interconnective with Gen 8 supports them being Gen 8.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Interconnectivity is not required either. Spin off games like the Ranger series and Mystery Dungeon also get classified into the generations.

However, the fact they are interconnective with Gen 8 supports them being Gen 8.
    The Ranger games at least have one-way connectivity in the form of mystery gift pokemon. Mystery Dungeon is an independent spin-off series.

- - - Updated - - -

pokemon after gen 5 is awful
    The Pokemon in gen 2 are so bad, even the Johto gym leaders don't want them! Recycle job.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are not though. You cant trade or battle between them