Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    That would be a very out of season aril fools joke.
    Why? 9.1.5 will likely come out in Nov and have some minor feature or story. Diablo:Immortal is their next game to come out likely early 2022 so going over the added features that caused the delay such as controller support would be logical. They could tease 9.2 but I really don't see that till 2022 around Feb.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    It seems they're in reduced numbers for Shadowlands and if my predictions are correct, it might be linked to them developping the next expansion as fast as possible.
    This happens with every expansion. Most, not all, of the work on an expansion is done well in advance. Once an expansion launches, some of the team stays on to clean up, polish, maintain and do bug fixes while many others move on to the next. You can bet that development for art, cinematics, music and coding for the next expansion features are all ongoing. Yes, there are two teams but many, many reports that people move between teams as necessary.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I doubt there will be anything from Blizzard at all at Gamescom.

However, I do think we'll hear about a new expansion sooner than we usually would. Shadowlands has been a mess so far. My guess is that they'll wrap everything up as soon as possible, probably with 9.2, though I wish it'd be with 9.1.5. then we'll get a quick expansion announcement and a lot of beta access to keep people going through what will be a long drought.

When was the last time they announced a WoW expansion outside of blizzcon?

They are keeping thier heads down just now. If they did go to gamescon the only thing they would reveal would be a new annual pass. Looks to be a big old drought incoming.

Shadowlands is still fresh.

I wouldn't actually expect any new expansion hints for a year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Legion on August 6, 2015?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Given how Shadowlands 9.0 was delayed multiple times, and it took Blizzard 7 months to push out the first patch (and even then it was embarrassingly content bare and halfbaked), there is no way Blizzard has anything ready to show this year.

The next thing for WoW is 9.2 in Spring 2022. After that we're probably looking at another 7-10 months until 10.0 comes out. The 10.0 expansion will probably be announced in Spring or Summer 2022.
    I am curious why people think that 9.1 was barebones. How exactly was it barebones compared to other .1 patches? we got a new zone, new questline, new raid, new mega-dungeon. 8.1 didn't have half of that, 7.1 had exactly the same. 6.1 definitely didn't have anything near that and 5.1 all that had was a questline down in Krasarang Wilds. can't remember the other .1 patches off the top of my head

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check back in February for BlizzcOnline 2022 for the 10.0 reveal.

Early 2023 for launch IMO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"Ah shit, here we go again"

1+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect to see any new content for retail the rest of this year...
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am curious why people think that 9.1 was barebones. How exactly was it barebones compared to other .1 patches? we got a new zone, new questline, new raid, new mega-dungeon. 8.1 didn't have half of that, 7.1 had exactly the same. 6.1 definitely didn't have anything near that and 5.1 all that had was a questline down in Krasarang Wilds. can't remember the other .1 patches off the top of my head
    9.1 is one of the biggest 0.1 patches we have had yes. Ignoring Legion patch cycle, probably the biggest or runner up. Though I would say the time it took to give us said content is the real complaint, saying 9.1 in itself is barebones is simply wrong compared to other 0.1 patches.

I guess saying that 9.1 is in between regular 0.1-0.2 patches content wise, is a fair statement.

Becouse they consumed everything there was in 9.1 withing few hours of playtime. Which is pretty pathetic content lifespawn.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Legion was announced at Gamescom 2015, but that was during the WoD era where Blizzard was obviously abandoning ship on that expansion as fast as possible to focus on the next one. Regardless of people's feelings on Shadowlands I strongly doubt that's happening now, and Blizz has no discernable presence at Gamescome anyway. The next expansion will be announced at the next Blizzconline early next year.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This happens with every expansion. Most, not all, of the work on an expansion is done well in advance. Once an expansion launches, some of the team stays on to clean up, polish, maintain and do bug fixes while many others move on to the next. You can bet that development for art, cinematics, music and coding for the next expansion features are all ongoing. Yes, there are two teams but many, many reports that people move between teams as necessary.
    Yeah Blizzard got the production of the base content, the zones, gear, npc's and new assets down to a highly efficient workflow. No amount of drama or sales will stand in the way of this.

It's the experimental systems on top of the base load that mainly requires time.

FF looking avatar, character in signature is 45, look like a someone who don't play the game and only talk shit about it.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard cut SL short at patch 9.2 to keep their 2 year release cycle. And since we won't have Blizzconline until probably mid to late February, it's not impossible that Blizzard uses Gamescom to show off patch 9.2. Maybe they'll even show off a fully rendered cinematic. We did have the "leaked" still image of what could be a cinematic where we see a necropolis floating over the Kaskala harbor in Borean Tundra.

That all assumes they're even attending Gamescom in the first place though.

Edit: This image
    Where was that leaked? Looks like something I can make pretty fast myself tbh
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, it wasn't debunked yet. There were claims that it's fake, but they are as valid as claims that it's not. No "officially confirmed fake" yet.
    I thought someone found a 1:1 shot of the necropolis that was poached to be used in this shot.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    who needs a new expansion...shadowlands just released...
    an announcement would make mostly everyone losing interest and burry wow definitely
    10 months ago is "just released" to you?

I suggest you check expiration dates for items in your refrigerator and pantry. A few days / weeks expired is one thing, but please don't eat things expired 10 months ago thinking that it is still "fresh".

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s Maw 2.0. Patches take us somewhere new but this time it’s an extension of the Maw. The bleak colors really don’t help and have been one factor on why players feel this way.

I’ve seen it get compared to a LoTR zone that is meant to be hideous lorewise but players refused to go back.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    10 months ago is "just released" to you?

I suggest you check expiration dates for items in your refrigerator and pantry. A few days / weeks expired is one thing, but please don't eat things expired 10 months ago thinking that it is still "fresh".
    I think it's that most people are accustomed to being in the .2 patch by the time expansion speculation starts.

We're due time-wise, not patch-wise.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)