Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I have noticed that many people believe that Galakrond is stronger than Deathwing and their whole argument is that Galakrond is just... big and can eat or step on Deathwing if the Lich King resurrects Galakrond. Do I understand correctly that according to your logic, any dinosaur or kraken is stronger than Sylvanas? Malfurion? Azshara? Illidan? That is, if i ask you who will win - King Krush or Azshara, you say that King Krush can just have a snack or step on Azshara? I mean, Mannoroth was bigger than Azshara and he chose not to fight her. Am I correct in understanding that, according to your logic, size is a more important advantage than enormous magical power?

Let's talk about magic. Galakrond knows how to raise the dead. Cool. Deathwing is the master of arcane, earth and fire and void. He knows how to literally lift and destroy mountains, in ancient times he changed the landscape of Azeroth to help the younger races. He is such a powerful mage that he was able to cast a powerful spell on Korialstrasz (a powerful mage in himself) under Malygos's nose and Malygos did not even notice it. And Deathwing also has such a powerful spell as

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Endless_Hunger

Galakrond literally has nothing to do against such magic, even Korialstrasz barely survived.

Also, I can't help but mention the breath of Deathwing. In one of the quests, you must use a tiny part of Deathwing's power to burn the bones of black dragons so that the Scourge does not resurrect them. Do you know where these bones lay? In lava. That is, literally the breath of Deathwing is much more hotter than lava, he would burn the resurrected Galakrond in a few minutes. Not to mention, Deathwing can just, you know, fly (Galakrond was so big at the end of his life that he could no longer fly due to his weight) and pour fire on Galakrond. And not to mention the fact that Galakrond will not even be able to hit him if he wants to, because despite his huge size, Deathwing is a very fast and agile dragon (although rather Deathwing will still destroy Galakrond with magic, and with his breath, but still not less).

Another ridiculous argument is that it took 5 Aspects to defeat Galakrond. Actually, it took 5 proto-dragons and a weakened Tyr(The Chronicle indicated that the Titan Keepers became weaker after the war with the Old Gods and the ordering of Azeroth) to defeat Galakrond. They weren't Aspects back then (and in terms of size, they got MUCH bigger after they became Aspects). Or that if the Lich King resurrects Galakrond, Galakrond will become even stronger for receiving the icy and necrotic powers of the Lich King. It won't help. When Khadgar confronted Deathwing, he noticed that ice spells did not work at all against Deathwing due to the fact that his body is filled with lava, he literally cannot be frozen (or chilled). Necrotic breath (Galakrond possessed it when he was alive, but not the fact that he would have possessed it after death) also does not help, since Kalecgos noticed that even an extreme amount of arkaina, which should have simply blown up any living creature, will not help against Deathwing from- for its incredible regeneration. Therefore, the Dragon Soul was needed. Indeed, Deathwing can be killed with massive physical damage, as we saw in the End Time. The problem is, we have no idea what happened there. Blizzard stated in an interview that after the victory, the Old Gods simply abandoned Deathwing as he did what they wanted and ordered him to kill himself. Most likely in this future, Nzoth simply took the powers he gave him and allowed Deathwing to kill him. And in the vision of Ysera, he was generally killed by Chromatus (who is clearly stronger than Galakrond).

Grommash's grandfather killed 6 very powerful gronns, and this despite the fact that he did not even have magical abilities, he simply killed them because he was a good warrior. Or this ogre https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gorgog_the_Gronnslayer. He used magic to kill the Gronns, although he was much smaller than them. Still think size in Warcraft means something?
    I don't know, galakrond was killed by eating a rock. Is he stronger than deathwing? yes. Is he smarter? no.
    But it depends what you base it off of, in Warcraft/wow lore would deathwing win post corruption + power boost? Galakrond was probably 10X the size of deathwing according to the art. But if Steve danseur is writing it then who fucking knows, if he writes it sylvannas will probably jump out of the sky and kill them both

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I don't know, galakrond was killed by eating a rock. Is he stronger than deathwing? yes. Is he smarter? no.
    But it depends what you base it off of, in Warcraft/wow lore would deathwing win post corruption + power boost? Galakrond was probably 10X the size of deathwing according to the art. But if Steve danseur is writing it then who fucking knows, if he writes it sylvannas will probably jump out of the sky and kill them both
    Depends on how we're defining "stronger" in this context. Was Galakrond perhaps physically stronger than Deathwing? That's possible, he was by the time of his death a gargantuan monstrosity nearly the size of a mountain himself, far larger than even one of the dragon Aspects that would come later. But more powerful? I would say this is doubtful - Deathwing, in addition to his formidable size and natural weaponry, was also a powerful sorcerer and possessed an array of inherent magical abilities tied to his role as the Earthwarder (e.g. Titan-bestowed power). If Galakrond and Deathwing were just duking it out physically then Galakrond might have a chance of winning, but if Deathwing used his magical abilities then Galakrond would have a minuscule chance of victory. Deathwing could do anything from dropping mountains on top of Galakrond due to his control over earth and stone, to conjuring powerful sorceries like the aforementioned Endless Hunger, or perhaps geysers of magma, to erupt from within Galakrond's own body. Beyond his vast size and strength, Galakrond's own retinue of abilities is rather limited comparatively.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Do you mean stronger as in physically stronger ? because that isnt the argument here. The question is if Galakrond has a way to activly damage deathwing ( enough so he cant regenerate ) and if Galakrond can handle deathwings magic / elemental attacks.

Also i still think deathwing could just do what he did to krasus, enter the mind and of galakrond and just win by that. Even though i am not sure if that ability is canon if it was only used once
    Last edited by ArenaDk; 2021-08-20 at 03:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Compare the number of those who can raise undead (any random necromancer) and those who can destroy and create mountains. Then tell me which one is more difficult.
    Galakrond was not some super cool necromancer, he raised mindless undead, I don’t understand why you are trying to portray him as such a powerful creature if the only thing he excelled at was his enormous size. The huge size will not help against someone who can breathe lava and use the elements, arcane and void. You still haven't told me what Galakrond will do against a spell like endless hunger.
    Again, you are limiting yourself, by looking at him when he was alive and drawing a small picture out of it

there is many beings that were nothing and got insane levels of power by some random reason

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, you are limiting yourself, by looking at him when he was alive and drawing a small picture out of it

there is many beings that were nothing and got insane levels of power by some random reason
    Once again, you are trying to expose your fantasies that IN THEORY he can get some godlike powers. This is a completely different scenario. We're only talking about if Arthas resurrected Galakrond. Arthas, not Sargeras, not Elune, not the Jailer. Arthas. Which in itself is nothing compared to Deathwing. Your favoritism towards Galakrond is laughable. Is this a consequence of your favoritism towards Arthas? You have not provided any proof that Galakrond, dead or alive, can do anything, and you even said that Galakrond's abilities are better than the buff from the Titan. Do you yourself believe in what you say?

7+ Year Old Account
    We're only talking about if Arthas resurrected Galakrond.
    What's more is that even when we factor in that there appears to be significantly more to the original Lich King than was initially known, including the fact that Arthas was probably much more powerful than first portrayed given how the story has shown Bolvar, arguably the weakest incarnation of the Lich King (at least, weaker than Arthas from the viewpoint of Metzen), has some feats of strength that have not been seen before, none of that is evidence that supports the idea of Galakrond beating Deathwing. I think it was covered very extensively early on that unless Galakrond can somehow overcome Deathwing's ranged advantage and maneuverability, any subsequent discussion is largely moot. That's not to say that Galakrond could not be a threat in a possible story without some obscene empowerment, such as if there were some imagined instance where Deathwing were shot out of the sky and Galakrond were able to get a hold of him, but at that point it wouldn't be an objective comparison as we would be making a story that is tailored to Glakrond being effective, which is where I think people are getting caught up.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, you are trying to expose your fantasies that IN THEORY he can get some godlike powers. This is a completely different scenario. We're only talking about if Arthas resurrected Galakrond. Arthas, not Sargeras, not Elune, not the Jailer. Arthas. Which in itself is nothing compared to Deathwing. Your favoritism towards Galakrond is laughable. Is this a consequence of your favoritism towards Arthas? You have not provided any proof that Galakrond, dead or alive, can do anything, and you even said that Galakrond's abilities are better than the buff from the Titan. Do you yourself believe in what you say?
    Yes, im theorizing, that is the whole point of my argument, that he can get stronger by his potental

you in other hand are refusing to understand that, wanting something set it stone say its impossible that is borderline just as imagination as mine

Yes, im theorizing, that is the whole point of my argument, that he can get stronger by his potental

you in other hand are refusing to understand that, wanting something set it stone say its impossible that is borderline just as imagination as mine
    Because it doesn't make sense. Likewise, I can say that Nzoth can give Deathwing even more power to defeat Galakrond for sure. We must compare them without this possible. Not to mention the fact that you have not provided any evidence that Galakrond will grow stronger by raising the undead if he himself is a servant of the Lich King.

What do you mean saying that this is impossible? Let me tell you that Garrosh can blow up the galaxy if he gets enough power. Suppose he really can do this if all the Pantheons and personally the First Ones give him this power, but what is the point in such theories if the chance of this is as close to zero as possible? The whole point of the topic is to compare Deathwing and Galakrond raised by Arthas (because Arthas really tried to raise Galakrond), not Deathwing, and Galakrond who received some incredible powers from nowhere. You are simply infuriated by the fact that Deathwing is actually stronger and you are inventing some kind of fairy tales.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it doesn't make sense.
    In wow anything makes sense if you push hard enough.

The whole point of the topic is to compare Deathwing and Galakrond raised by Arthas
    Arthas point rly came out later, i was talking about an undead galakrond regardless, Be from arthas or from the Janitor, nothing says the undead ahve to be weaker than the necromancer who raised him, as showed by sylvanas it can get powerful later by other reasons.

ou are simply infuriated by the fact that Deathwing is actually stronger and you are inventing some kind of fairy tales.
    You are straight up making a strawman here, since i always said and confirmed that DW is indeed stronger, im just saying in the lore, in the relams of possibility of wow lore, Maybe, Galakrond can get stronger, depending on how they do it, you are the one getting infuriated by me not sharing your view of not thinking that is possible

Galakrond is huge
    He also essentially raises the dead dragons that he eats or however his powers were described
    His body has such a strong power of corruption that they corrupted a powerful magic item
    He was also still pretty smart even with his diminished mental health because he had ambushed the large force of proto drakes that planned on talking it out
    Tyr couldn’t fight him alone
    He was only defeated because he was so large he couldn’t stop the would be aspects from pushing a rock down his throat

Deathwing has powerful magic

Deathwing would likely win

The people saying that the Arthas buff would be stronger than the aspect buff are possibly right but it wouldn’t really matter
    Galakrond was on the level of a titan keeper who had a titan buff
    Deathwing at the time of his death had the combined buff of all the titans plus the old god buff
    We don’t really know how strong the Arthas boost would be but we can assume that it would give him access to shadow frost breath.

So let’s say they met on the battlefield
    Galakrond raises an army of the dead and has them charge deathwing
    Deathwing annihilates the army with his fire
    Galakrond blasts shadow frost at deathwing
    Deathwing dodges and gets behind him and attacks
    Galakrond tries using his tail which even when he misses causes a blast of wind
    Deathwing gets knocked back but attacks with elementium bolts and keeps out of galakrond’s frontal cone

Unless galakrond can overwhelm deathwing he can’t even make him get serious UNLESS the possibility of Galakrond absorbing the power of what he eats is an actual thing or just speculation based on the undefined character

Personally I like galakrond more than deathwing but it’s a pretty clear outcome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Bahamut >>>
    I agree
    Chromatus would win

In wow anything makes sense if you push hard enough.

Arthas point rly came out later, i was talking about an undead galakrond regardless, Be from arthas or from the Janitor, nothing says the undead ahve to be weaker than the necromancer who raised him, as showed by sylvanas it can get powerful later by other reasons.

You are straight up making a strawman here, since i always said and confirmed that DW is indeed stronger, im just saying in the lore, in the relams of possibility of wow lore, Maybe, Galakrond can get stronger, depending on how they do it, you are the one getting infuriated by me not sharing your view of not thinking that is possible
    No

I am literally talking about the Lich King resurrecting Galakrond in the very first post. Maybe you should read more carefully? While it is true that the undead can become stronger than the one who resurrected them, I have no idea why you are talking about Sylvanas. Bolvar is much weaker than Arthas and we do not know who is stronger than the Lich King Arthas or Sylvanas.

Once again, what's the point of these scenarios, what if? We can go on forever. You say that the Jailer can strengthen Galakrond and I say that the Void Lords can strengthen Deathwing. What's the point if it never happens? We can talk about Arthas because
    1) Arthas really tried to raise Galakrond, it was in his plans
    2) People constantly say that if ARTAS raised Galakrond, he would defeat the Aspects. In this post, I show people that this is nonsense and that even if ARTAS raises Galakrond, it will not change anything. If you want to speculate about the Jailer raising Galakrond, can you create a new topic?

7+ Year Old Account
    No

I am literally talking about the Lich King resurrecting Galakrond in the very first post. Maybe you should read more carefully? While it is true that the undead can become stronger than the one who resurrected them, I have no idea why you are talking about Sylvanas. Bolvar is much weaker than Arthas and we do not know who is stronger than the Lich King Arthas or Sylvanas.

Once again, what's the point of these scenarios, what if? We can go on forever. You say that the Jailer can strengthen Galakrond and I say that the Void Lords can strengthen Deathwing. What's the point if it never happens? We can talk about Arthas because
    1) Arthas really tried to raise Galakrond, it was in his plans
    2) People constantly say that if ARTAS raised Galakrond, he would defeat the Aspects. In this post, I show people that this is nonsense and that even if ARTAS raises Galakrond, it will not change anything. If you want to speculate about the Jailer raising Galakrond, can you create a new topic?
    Dude, you know you will not change my point of view in this situation right? i think the possibility exist, from all previous bullshit/lore wow have, you think the possibility does nto exist.

Keep arguing over and over is useless

And what other people say does not match exactly my own view.

Dude, you know you will not change my point of view in this situation right? i think the possibility exist, from all previous bullshit/lore wow have, you think the possibility does nto exist.

Keep arguing over and over is useless

And what other people say does not match exactly my own view.
    Possibility of what? We are not speculating whether the Jailer can resurrect Galakrond and give him more power than Deathwing. We are talking about what would have happened if ARTAS raised Galakrond and I indicated this in the first post. I have established a framework of reasoning within this possibility, if you want to fanatize about the Jailer of the resurrection Galakrond or something like that, create a new topic and write there about it. How many times do I have to tell you this? Have you read the first post at all? I am literally talking about the Lich King raising Galakrond at the beginning of the text.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibility of what? We are not speculating whether the Jailer can resurrect Galakrond and give him more power than Deathwing. We are talking about what would have happened if ARTAS raised Galakrond and I indicated this in the first post. I have established a framework of reasoning within this possibility, if you want to fanatize about the Jailer of the resurrection Galakrond or something like that, create a new topic and write there about it. How many times do I have to tell you this? Have you read the first post at all? I am literally talking about the Lich King raising Galakrond at the beginning of the text.
    You rly have a problem in understnd something, even after we talk about it many time over

But HOW enhanced is Galakrond by the Lich King?

I feel like enhancing him with abilities typical of a Death Knight (Scaled to match Galakrond’s presence ) could prove quite formidable on the magic front: Self-healing, anti-magic shielding, and devastating frost. These can’t be ignored. It also depends on how involved the Lich King is with mind control. An empowered Galakrond fully controlled by Arthas could have the potential to defeat Deathwing, but that’s only with an immense power boost and the Lich
    King’s involvement. He’s probably go on to consume the other aspects and become the true Aspect of Death. Again, that’s if he’s empowered and fully controlled.

In the end I feel like Deathwing would simply fly inside of Galakrond and burn him from the inside out if he’s able to survive entry.

You rly have a problem in understnd something, even after we talk about it many time over
    I have a problem with your Galakrond favoritism

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    But HOW enhanced is Galakrond by the Lich King?

I feel like enhancing him with abilities typical of a Death Knight (Scaled to match Galakrond’s presence ) could prove quite formidable on the magic front: Self-healing, anti-magic shielding, and devastating frost. These can’t be ignored. It also depends on how involved the Lich King is with mind control. An empowered Galakrond fully controlled by Arthas could have the potential to defeat Deathwing, but that’s only with an immense power boost and the Lich
    King’s involvement. He’s probably go on to consume the other aspects and become the true Aspect of Death. Again, that’s if he’s empowered and fully controlled.

In the end I feel like Deathwing would simply fly inside of Galakrond and burn him from the inside out if he’s able to survive entry.
    I have no idea how Galakrond will do anything against the other Aspects.
    Death Knight protection against magic is overrated (not to mention the Lich King never made dragons look like Death Knights). For example, the Lich King himself will not protect himself in any way if Azshara wants to kill him, there is too much difference in power.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Galakrond is huge
    He also essentially raises the dead dragons that he eats or however his powers were described
    His body has such a strong power of corruption that they corrupted a powerful magic item
    He was also still pretty smart even with his diminished mental health because he had ambushed the large force of proto drakes that planned on talking it out
    Tyr couldn’t fight him alone
    He was only defeated because he was so large he couldn’t stop the would be aspects from pushing a rock down his throat

Deathwing has powerful magic

Deathwing would likely win

The people saying that the Arthas buff would be stronger than the aspect buff are possibly right but it wouldn’t really matter
    Galakrond was on the level of a titan keeper who had a titan buff
    Deathwing at the time of his death had the combined buff of all the titans plus the old god buff
    We don’t really know how strong the Arthas boost would be but we can assume that it would give him access to shadow frost breath.

So let’s say they met on the battlefield
    Galakrond raises an army of the dead and has them charge deathwing
    Deathwing annihilates the army with his fire
    Galakrond blasts shadow frost at deathwing
    Deathwing dodges and gets behind him and attacks
    Galakrond tries using his tail which even when he misses causes a blast of wind
    Deathwing gets knocked back but attacks with elementium bolts and keeps out of galakrond’s frontal cone

Unless galakrond can overwhelm deathwing he can’t even make him get serious UNLESS the possibility of Galakrond absorbing the power of what he eats is an actual thing or just speculation based on the undefined character

Personally I like galakrond more than deathwing but it’s a pretty clear outcome

- - - Updated - - -

I agree
    Chromatus would win
    Minor thingto mention about the frost breath. We know from day of the dragon that, frost based attacks will not reach deathwings body because of his immense heat. Not even talking about the magic immunity of his armor. ( source Khadgars monolog about how to defeat pre elementium deathwing )

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Minor thingto mention about the frost breath. We know from day of the dragon that, frost based attacks will not reach deathwings body because of his immense heat. Not even talking about the magic immunity of his armor. ( source Khadgars monolog about how to defeat pre elementium deathwing )
    That’s another reason deathwing would likely win

He’s not invulnerable as shown during end time where he was impaled and dead BUT he would still need to be overwhelmed which by the sheer size of galakrond would happen in a physical confrontation with no magic or fire or anything but that’s impossible.

Galakrond winning would require his army of zombies and him being able to absorb anything he eats so the titan buff from the hand and weapon he ate plus the necrotic energy

Would be a great thing to see though

Chromatus automatically wins still tho

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    That’s another reason deathwing would likely win

He’s not invulnerable as shown during end time where he was impaled and dead BUT he would still need to be overwhelmed which by the sheer size of galakrond would happen in a physical confrontation with no magic or fire or anything but that’s impossible.

Galakrond winning would require his army of zombies and him being able to absorb anything he eats so the titan buff from the hand and weapon he ate plus the necrotic energy

Would be a great thing to see though

Chromatus automatically wins still tho
    Didnt Chromatus state that he is still weaker than the by then deceased deathwing ?

And yeah you could basically say from what we know, is that you need the power of the focusing iris + dragon soul times 3, to kill deathwing if you are able to hit him directly.

How many beings or things we know which can match the focussing iris, not even talking about the dragonsoul

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Didnt Chromatus state that he is still weaker than the by then deceased deathwing ?

And yeah you could basically say from what we know, is that you need the power of the focusing iris + dragon soul times 3, to kill deathwing if you are able to hit him directly.

How many beings or things we know which can match the focussing iris, not even talking about the dragonsoul
    well according to what i can find he had all 4 aspects plus thrall on the ropes until he exposed his chest and got blasted by essentially the dragon soul

i love dragons so much lol they can be so damn interesting if the devs decided high fantasy instead of a god damn power trip every time