Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Finally an incentive to continue doing Korthia on my main where I acquire significantly more anima than my alts due to (ironically) upgraded covenant hall bonuses.

I just hope the transfer will be 1:1 and not the usual 5:6 transfer rate or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Any1 wanna make a bet whether the legs from he raid retroactively be turned into domination socket items?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ediit: Nvm, anima transfer inc. Definitely glad about that.
    The souls are the bottle neck. It takes months to unlock your sanctum with only 20 souls per week.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Why not just let having 3 off the same type of gem unlock the bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Any1 wanna make a bet whether the legs from he raid retroactively be turned into domination socket items?

- - - Updated - - -

The souls are the bottle neck. It takes months to unlock your sanctum with only 20 souls per week.
    I know that, but if I can do it in parallel then at least I won't drown in anima while waiting.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Why not just let having 3 off the same type of gem unlock the bonus?
    Because this would mean they won’t get to have their fix of applying another “system”. Devs atm are addicted to layers of red tape upon red tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It doesn't explain why there's an arbitrary cap that wasn't increased immediately with the next patch, or why there wasn't a more alt-friendly system in place for it.
    9.1.5 is the alt friendly implementation for it ... whilst the game has magic, the real world developers don't - things have to be actually changed.

The cap only needed to be removed to prepare for 9.1.5 ... and the rate at which the stuff falls into our hands, there won't be any shortage of it by 9.1.5.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Not sure if I am reading this right but does it mean that we have 6 domination sockets now and we can activate 2 sets bonuses at the same time? Is that it?
    I'd be happy about it if it wasn't one little problem. I got 262 Shock Barrier over there. I was just about to craft another Shock Barrier for M+ but It seems I'll have to recraft it again and put it on boots now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Not sure if I am reading this right but does it mean that we have 6 domination sockets now and we can activate 2 sets bonuses at the same time? Is that it?
    I'd be happy about it if it wasn't one little problem. I got 262 Shock Barrier over there. I was just about to craft another Shock Barrier for M+ but It seems I'll have to recraft it again and put it on boots now.
    They first say that all gear with sockets will grant a bonus, and then they add that pants will grant a bonus too, which makes me think that they won't add a socket to the pants, they'll just enable the bonus for all other pieces.

This does not impress me, people gave this feedback at the start, hell even during beta testing... and like the past 5 years you have been shitting on your community and just do what the hell you want.
    You bring grind/gated expansions that are a copy/paste of the last with a new layer on it, blinding the fool with some shiny hype to eventually grab the money ( you pay around 140 euro exp + sub for 6 months ) you take almost a year to bring some "good" "new" content and wait 9 months to fix broken shit? that is discusting and you have been destroying a game that i loved.
    Bad sytem on top of another bad system. removing the good stuff to eventually bring back good stuff from ages ago..... leaving a pile of clutter shit.
    My opinion start from scratch and deliver wow 5.0 that will blow everybody away ! like you did 15 years ago, just do it !

It took me 10 years to realize i should be more demanding for a game we all pay and sacrifice a lot of time on and for the last 5 years i could see past the hype, my heart bleeds

I don't understand the pants thing if it only activates set bonus without getting a domination socket. You need 3 dom sockets anyway and all these items will now activate the bonus, so who exactly needs activation in pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I don't understand the pants thing if it only activates set bonus without getting a domination socket. You need 3 dom sockets anyway and all these items will now activate the bonus, so who exactly needs activation in pants?
    They are just adding a second option how to activate each set of gems. So for example if you are wearing cloth and want to activate blood set and you are really unlucky in dropping the chest, you can activate the set by equipping cloth pants from raid and socketing the blood gems in three other items.

Quote Originally Posted by duffman88 View Post
    They are just adding a second option how to activate each set of gems. So for example if you are wearing cloth and want to activate blood set and you are really unlucky in dropping the chest, you can activate the set by equipping cloth pants from raid and socketing the blood gems in three other items.
    "All domination gear now activates set bonus" so it shouldn't matter which items you have to get a set bonus. If pants don't get a socket they'll not be needed... I still don't get it, brb need some coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "All domination gear now activates set bonus" so it shouldn't matter which items you have to get a set bonus. If pants don't get a socket they'll not be needed... I still don't geht, brb need some coffee
    Yes, each piece of domination gear activates one specific set bonus, not all of them. They just chose really bad wording for this change.

Quote Originally Posted by duffman88 View Post
    Yes, each piece of domination gear activates one specific set bonus, not all of them. They just chose really bad wording for this change.
    does it though ? this would mean that suddenly 3 set bonuses would be actve if you just had 3 pieces ?

their explanation is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    does it though ? this would mean that suddenly 3 set bonuses would be actve if you just had 3 pieces ?

their explanation is just nonsense.
    You can't have more than one set bonus active. For activation you still need 3 gems of same type socketed and the correct activation piece of gear, for example cloth unholy bonus requires all 3 unholy gems and either domination head or belt equipped. And even if you have equipped both head and belt, you still get only one set bonus as they say "Please note, there is no benefit from having the activation spell twice."

but why would they mention that legs now acticate a socket bonus for all, e.g. leather as well.. that would give us 6 pieces with sockets... so 2 set boni

5+ Year Old Account
    My god, more gem slots. Yes please! I need more power!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

1) If not just destroy them and use item restoration which they said WILL give it a socket.

2) Just to clarify for people it's specifically 13 weeks to have enough(technically 10 more than needed) souls. So a little over 3 months assuming we're talking about alts that are starting with 0. If you're transferring to a new cov at cap it's 8 weeks(assuming you don't have 110 which is possible which it's then 7).

The legs are not getting a domination socket, they are getting the ability to activate the set bonus if you have the 3 appropriate gems socketed in other items. We will still have only 5 domination sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    9.1.5 is the alt friendly implementation for it ... whilst the game has magic, the real world developers don't - things have to be actually changed.

The cap only needed to be removed to prepare for 9.1.5 ... and the rate at which the stuff falls into our hands, there won't be any shortage of it by 9.1.5.
    Congratulations, you've identified the complaint - that they didn't do it sooner.

And my ass "the cap only needed to be removed for 9.1.5", people have been complaining about capping anima without any way to spend it FOR MONTHS.