Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are misreading that law.

"In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development."

It is saying that the definition of person and human being must include everyone born alive as a member of the species. Not that is the sole definition only what the definition must include. So if you are born alive, you are by definition both a person and a human being. That does not define them the "exact same way." I am sorry, you are wrong here.

Using your logic, you are legally also legally a child forever because child is "defined the exact same way" as human being and person.
    Feel free to provide a different legal definition, then. That's the only one I'm aware of, for the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    they consented to vaginal sex, therefore they consented to pregnancy.
    This is just empty misogynistic bullshit. Straight Handmaid's Tale "women's only value is as ambulatory uteruses" extremism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Nah, you think its normal to find out you're pregnant before 6 weeks.. which gets even harder for victims of abuse.
    they're causing major problems for themselves and the potential kid if they don't take tests. tests work well before 6 weeks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Solugen Inc. plans to double its R&D team over the next two years, with the company eyeing Massachusetts and California for the new facility because of Texas anti-abortion law.
    Solugen Inc., a Texas chemicals company, said it plans to open a new research and development facility outside of the state because its social policies are making it difficult to recruit employees.
    Likely won't be the last.
    What's really sad is that Texas would be purple/red for state-wide votes if people we actually allowed to vote. And now those people have an even tougher, possibly insurmountable, battle ahead of them. They still have the same red-turning-blue fight, but they also have to battle an emboldened red dominated legislature, that will pass any number of insane laws to prevent progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is just empty misogynistic bullshit. Straight Handmaid's Tale "women's only value is as ambulatory uteruses" extremism.
    I say penis in vagina makes baby, you say something totally out of left field. keep cool.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    they're causing major problems for themselves and the potential kid if they don't take tests. tests work well before 6 weeks.
    The breadth of your ignorance on this issue from the statement above and previous posts in this thread is breathtaking. Many people don't even know they are pregnant until 8-10+ weeks, and that's if they are paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

I say penis in vagina makes baby, you say something totally out of left field. keep cool.
    So where is the penis responsibility again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You're expecting sociopaths abusers to be both rational and broadcast what they are doing? For real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    One glance at the U.S. divorce rate makes that statement laughably laughable.
    time to incentivize families and criminalize adultery

political ideals aren't assigned at birth. they change over time, especially if you get into politics at a young age as i did.
    It seems to me you only recently got into politics...
    Still in high school?

- - - Updated - - -

time to incentivize families and criminalize adultery
    Yeah..the GOP will do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The breadth of your ignorance on this issue from the statement above and previous posts in this thread is breathtaking. Many people don't even know they are pregnant until 8-10+ weeks, and that's if they are paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

So where is the penis responsibility again?
    the man should be sticking with his pregnant wife but society is rotten. it is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah..the GOP will do that?
    that would mean pretty much every GOP politician alive and working today should be in jail lmaooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you said penis in vagina makes consent to being pregnant and carrying to term, which is religious extremist nonsense to protect and maintain a misogynist control over women.

It's the kind of shit they talk about in Saudi Arabia or among the Taliban.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Feel free to provide a different legal definition, then. That's the only one I'm aware of, for the USA.
    Yet it doesn't prove your point that they are the same, but rather must have an overlap. Having an overlap does not prove them to be the same.

Read the Roe V Wade decision. The State of Wisconsin defines a human being as from conception, but legally, it does not have personhood at the federal level. So, a fetus in Wisconsin is a human being, but not a person depending on the context.

Again, you are conflating human being with personhood, they aren't the same. The question is does a fetus have "personhood", not is a fetus a human being.

- - - Updated - - -

the man should be sticking with his pregnant wife but society is rotten. it is known.
    People get pregnant out of wedlock. Seriously, do you think marriage is a requirement for pregnancy now?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that would mean pretty much every GOP politician alive and working today should be in jail lmaooo.
    Ya...
    Whomever this "docterfreeze" is, is revealing all the political ignorance that a freshman in high school typically has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya...
    Whomever this "docterfreeze" is, is revealing all the political ignorance that a freshman in high school typically has.
    I would say he is more the octogenarian that doesn't realize that society has evolved past the time he was younger.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would say he is more the octogenarian that doesn't realize that society has evolved past the time he was younger.
    The words he's using...formulated sentence structure, doesn't sound as if it's from an older person. (..oh and if anyone wondered, I be 56yrs)

10+ Year Old Account
    The words he's using...formulated sentence structure, doesn't sound as if it's from an older person. (..oh and if anyone wondered, I be 56yrs)
    He is talking like the 80 year olds that are in my Rod and Gun club.
    –The Sith Code

just take a test
    Then the state should provide it as well as child support for all unwanted children since they are forcing an unwanted child on a woman.

Built like I said, it's clear you hate women.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, he sounds more juvenile than old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you live that you believe this is true?
    Under a bridge.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Texas "reporting" statute that was part of this draconian anti-abortion horror show is essentially a religious bounty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The Texas "reporting" statute that was part of this draconian anti-abortion horror show is essentially a religious bounty.
    Sounds like Jihad Jesus will have his way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.