Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Lots of people in this thread gonna be pissed that an obscure daily quest area isn't named after a sex pest anymore.
    The Gamer way, in essence. 'Twas hilarious to see the support do like Pennywise and float down the drain the moment that tweet stating no work was being done on the game came out.

Mental how people are getting so raging at them renaming a zone. Eredath is cooler anyway.

If the zone was in any way linked to someone being sued for sexual offence then good thing they changed it. Doubt it cost a raid tier either... Faux outrage is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMarley View Post
    Mental how people are getting so raging at them renaming a zone. Eredath is cooler anyway.

If the zone was in any way linked to someone being sued for sexual offence then good thing they changed it. Doubt it cost a raid tier either... Faux outrage is unreal.
    Eredath sounds kinda familiar too... Was it perhaps an intended name for the zone before they settled on stroking the man's ego further?

I wonder.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I had no idea Mac'Aree was named after McCree. I always pronounced it Mack-Ahree. And I kinda liked the name so I'm sad to see it go.

Cool new mount though. Wonder where they are gonna fit that one in considering it's old content.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-09-08 at 11:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    People are upset over the name change? Really?
    This isn't new, it is standard procedure for a lot of companies.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I always laugh when someone is going on a rant about how snowflakes are ruining everything by making changes that the person ranting doesn't like... which makes them a snowflake themselves. gotta love the hypocrisy (also yeah I know you were being sarcastic)
    DAE the rightoids are the REAL snowflakes? You know how they always mock people for being easily offended? Well, they also voice their disagreement with things they consider dumb or silly!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Can anyone explain what this means? Semantics are hard and "until cancelled" makes no sense to my small brain given the spell type.
    That means it's a permanent debuff. The tooltip won't actually say "until canceled" but that's how it works. There's no duration, the debuff lasts forever.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    These AOE cap changes are a nerf in a lot of situations :\ Dont softcap at 5, softcap at 8 where the hardcap was. uygh
    It’s in no way a nerf. Damage still remains full damage to the primary 5 targets, it just gets reduced beyond that.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s no way that Death Chakram goes live. 10% increased damage from you and your pet until cancelled. Am I misunderstanding that?

So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There’s no way that Death Chakram goes live. 10% increased damage from you and your pet until cancelled. Am I misunderstanding that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    That means it's a permanent debuff. The tooltip won't actually say "until canceled" but that's how it works. There's no duration, the debuff lasts forever.
    Given that it's PTR I'm sure this isn't the final iteration, hell even if the 10% damage debuff lasted 10 seconds after the 7th tick it still makes Necrolord very tempting in a raid setting.
    Here's hoping, having Fleshcraft would be very nice on a few bosses this tier, not to mention M+ etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Like the new name way better. Makes sense lorewise, and I don't think Mac n' Cheese everytime I read it.

BUT THOSE DURN LIBRULS N SNOWFLAKES RUIN ERRYTHIN RABBL RABBLE TOTALLY NOT A SNOWFLAKE MYSELF
    Yeah it's silly...amazing the double standards sometimes. They don't care about these things being named after sex offenders but boy are they're male feminists when it comes to opposing trans women! I guess I'll shut up before it gets too political

Good thing it is getting changed or I'd start thinking of it as mac n cheese now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    That's fine. Madeleine doesn't have any controversial history or anything.

:^)

I didn't even realize they named the zone after McCree. The new name is terrible though and very lazy, but that is the MO for the wow team anymore.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2021-09-09 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I didn't even realize they named the zone after McCree. The new name is terrible though and very lazy, but that is the MO for the wow team anymore.
    Yeah, the new one doesn't sounds that majestic. It's not perfect and a bit lazy but that storyline is old and we might have no intention to go back during the main storyline. The legion is gone, the draenei storiline is over so... Since there might be no game mechanics or storyline which make the zone actual or important once again, they just gave it the minimum effort. It's understandable. I mean, the content management (especially old content) is terrible, the zones become obsolete so quick without any further use or meaning. They could just delete it without any real consequence or impact on the current game.

Not really feeling the mount. It looks pretty demonic for a Paladin mount. :| Prefer old school Talbuks from TBC have more of the majestic feel, long limbs, giving them nimble fast feeling and neater horns too. What they gave us looks like a goat with lightforged armor slapped on it. Talbuk is more like a gazelle (Nimble, majestic, mighty steed for ingame) than a goat. Yet we get the complete opposite feel.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-09-09 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Not really feeling the mount. It looks pretty demonic for a Paladin mount. :| Prefer old school Talbuks from TBC have more of the majestic feel, long limbs, giving them nimble fast feeling and neater horns too. What they gave us looks like a goat with lightforged armor slapped on it.
    I think the mount has too much armor. They should back off on it a bit, and it would make this mount look better. But I still appreciate the effort they've put into it.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

You do less damage above 5 targets and below 8, but more damage beyond 8.

I don't like the change, just make it softcap and stop adjusting numbers.

It was silly they named so much after mccree in the first place. Didnt the voice director even say they told everyone to pronounce it far from mccree as possible because they found it silly aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I wonder if they'll just cut all the voice lines that reference Mac'Aree or if they'll rerecord them.
    I'll doubt they'll bother with re-recording the voiced over lines since it's not exactly cheap, especially for legacy content. I thought they would just modify the spelling to match up with the pronunciation of the name, but I guess that wasn't what they considered to be a significant enough change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I have to say I had no idea Mac'Aree was named after McCree. I always pronounced it Mack-Ahree. And I kinda liked the name so I'm sad to see it go.
    Same here.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn