Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Updated 9.1.5 PTR Patch Notes - September 8th, 2021

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello everyone! Here are the notes for this week’s PTR build.

Classes
    • Death Knight
      • Blood
        • Consumption (Talent) now deals 60% more damage.
    • Monk
      • Brewmaster
        • Special Delivery (Talent) now deals 100% more damage.
    • Paladin
      • Vanquisher’s Hammer (Necrolord Ability) now increases the effectiveness of the free Holy Power spender by 25%.
    • Rogue
      • Outlaw
        • Dreadblades (Talent) initial strike deals 26% more damage and now immediately fills your Combo Points in addition to its current effects.
    • Warlock
      • Demonology
        • Nether Portal (Talent) cooldown reduced to 2.5 minutes (was 3 minutes).
    • Warrior
      • Impending Victory (Talent) cooldown reduced to 25 seconds (was 30 seconds) and now heals for 40% of your max health (was 30%).

Covenants
    • Sanctums
      • Redeemed Souls
        • Rescuing Souls within Torghast, Tower of the Damned now earn credit for “Return Lost Souls.”
    • Venthyr: Ember Court
      • Players can now use their influence with guests to help their friends or alternate characters.
      • Once you’ve completed the Best Friend quest for a Guest, that Guest will offer a quest inside your Ember Court scenario to all other players who visit.
      • These “Friend of a Friend” quests unlock a permanent 30% increase to friendship gains with that Guest, so invite a player or two to your next Ember Court and start the introductions to help them make friends faster.
      • Alternate characters on your account will also be offered these quests inside their own Ember Court scenario. Word travels quickly around the court!
      • Temel now sells a new favor item: The Party Herald’s Party Hat.
      • This Bind-on-Account item can be sent to alternate characters, and permanently increases reputation gains with the Ember Court by 30% for any character that uses it.
      • This item also gives Temel a new, fancier party hat and gives you an option to ask Temel to put the hat on you inside the scenario.
      • You will now receive a confirmation prompt when you queue for the scenario if one of your current Guests has not RSVPed (and therefore would not attend if you start the scenario).

Items and Rewards
    • Increased the drop rate of Shards of Domination.
    • Significantly increased the amount of Soul Cinders awarded from Layers 8 – 12, Maw Assaults, Tormentors of Torghast, and Command Table missions.
    • Players who reach 80 Renown can purchase a Broker Mark of Distinction for 500 gold in Oribos that can be used on an alternate character to instantly grant the character up to Renown 40. Cannot be used above 40 Renown.
    • Players can now purchase versions of Korthian Armaments that create a piece of gear for specific slots.
    • Acquirer Ta’gosh in the Hall of Curiosities now sells a Gateway Control Shard that lets you activate the nearest Demonic Gateway.

Torghast
    • Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Ash (up from 20% after the first clear).
    • Repeatedly completing Wings now awards the full amount of Soul Cinders (up from none after the first clear).

User Interface and Accessibility
    • Group Finder Improvements
      • Group creators are now able to browse listings.
    • The size of the cursor can now be increased in the Accessibility menu.

If they are going to make it harder to list a group with custom text, by needing an authenticator to do so; can they re-enable copy/paste in the window when I apply for a group so I don't have to keep manually retyping in my message? (what I type in the window only stays/carries over if I ask to join the same dungeon in the same exact category.)

Damn, more QoL updates. Looking better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    If they are going to make it harder to list a group with custom text, by needing an authenticator to do so; can they re-enable copy/paste in the window when I apply for a group so I don't have to keep manually retyping in my message? (what I type in the window only stays/carries over if I ask to join the same dungeon in the same exact category.)
    Is it that hard just to retype BIG PUMPERZ ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by Odobo View Post
    Is it that hard just to retype BIG PUMPERZ ONLY
    +4 BiG dIcK dPs OnLy!

Finally decent amounts of legendary mats from world content and being able to actually farm it in Thorghast. Too bad the ones i need are already crafted, maybe it's good for my alts. It should have been like this from the very start.

I said when joining/applying, not listing my own.

Redeemed Souls
    Rescuing Souls within Torghast, Tower of the Damned now earn credit for “Return Lost Souls.”
    About freaking time!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Finally decent amounts of legendary mats from world content and being able to actually farm it in Thorghast. Too bad the ones i need are already crafted, maybe it's good for my alts. It should have been like this from the very start.
    Man, seriously? If it was like this from the very start everyone would've just whinged that they were being "forced" to grind Torghast until they had every single legendary maxed out, and then they'd complain they were being "forced" to buy tokens because they had infinite soul ash but not enough gold to buy their rank 4 crafting pieces. Surely at some point we just let them have one positive change without complaining that it doesn't go far enough, or it goes too far, or it should've been like this anyway, or it doesn't immediately deliver a full set of 252 gear to every alt's mailbox, or the free renown to 40 skip isn't far enough because everyone's alts are "forced" to get to 80 or their conduits won't be empowered and they won't be able to clear normal?

I hope blizz make this change "Players can now purchase versions of Korthian Armaments that create a piece of gear for specific slots." a hotfix for live NOW :/ instead of PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You can buy the socket item with Cinders so you can still do this to get all of your gear socketed.

... Blizz, we gotta talk about your obsession with putting ALL the armor on poor beasts of burden...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    +4 BiG dIcK dPs OnLy!
    Saw a group the other day requiring 240+ilvl and AotC for a fresh Heroic alt run. Glad to see some things haven't changed since Wrath.

Blizz must have lost a lot of customers to actually improve quality of life.

Maybe they browsed all of the, 'reason I quit' posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Saw a group the other day requiring 240+ilvl and AotC for a fresh Heroic alt run. Glad to see some things haven't changed since Wrath.
    240 is a quite low ilvl 8 weeks in to the tier with valuts giving free 252 gear + a 262 lego even for alts
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Man, seriously? If it was like this from the very start everyone would've just whinged that they were being "forced" to grind Torghast until they had every single legendary maxed out, and then they'd complain they were being "forced" to buy tokens because they had infinite soul ash but not enough gold to buy their rank 4 crafting pieces. Surely at some point we just let them have one positive change without complaining that it doesn't go far enough, or it goes too far, or it should've been like this anyway, or it doesn't immediately deliver a full set of 252 gear to every alt's mailbox, or the free renown to 40 skip isn't far enough because everyone's alts are "forced" to get to 80 or their conduits won't be empowered and they won't be able to clear normal?
    What this even means. I'm not saying this isn't positive, i'm saying they're fixing flaws that have been there because they wanted to make a design focused making people stay more online. In the end, people do thorghast because they need it and not because they like it, and once done they never set foot in it again.

You went from "no timegate can bring issues" to "you're all whiny kids aksing for free stuff". I don't see how spending 3 hours to make my legendary in 3 weeks or 1 day makes any difference. I don't see why i have to do all the prerequisite steps to unlock rewards on alts when i have already done them with my main.

And guess what, Blizzard apparently agrees now, because they're exactly changing the game like this. I agree that some gating may be useful at the start, but in the end it's just to make so people isn't done with the content in a week or so. Just look at many m+ or raid players, once they're done with their progress they simply stop playing. Making them take more weeks artificially is stupid design. Let people play the game the way they like and make content good enough so they'll come back when new stuff comes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    240 is a quite low ilvl 8 weeks in to the tier with valuts giving free 252 gear + a 262 lego even for alts
    ...Doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of H SOD only drops 239. Which is lower than what they were asking, which tends to mean they, themselves, don't have it and want more people who can trade gear.

Wow, this patch is actually starting to sound really good from an improving-the-current-game standpoint.

Pity it doesn't look like it'll have much new stuff, but improving the current stuff is better than nothing. Hopefully they fix Path of Ascension rewards too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    ...Doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of H SOD only drops 239. Which is lower than what they were asking, which tends to mean they, themselves, don't have it and want more people who can trade gear.
    thats not how it works lol, supply and demand if 50 ppl que up for your hc raid and 40 of them are 248+ ilvl then the demand of ilvl rises, like in rl if everyone had a minimum wage of 10k euros, the price of your bottle of cola will no longer be 2 euros but 20
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    thats not how it works lol, supply and demand if 50 ppl que up for your hc raid and 40 of them are 248+ ilvl then the demand of ilvl rises, like in rl if everyone had a minimum wage of 10k euros, the price of your bottle of cola will no longer be 2 euros but 20
    why are they going to queue up if they don't need drops?