Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Tell that to the self proclaimed casuals on these forums then. I mean let's be honest both you and I will agree you're not "casual" if you're taking time to post on these forums.

Also, nobody here is talking about all 36. I'm going to say that's a bit insane(not in a bad way) getting all of them done, but getting even 6(between at most 3 characters) was not even remotely asking much for a "casual" which is to most people about time not ability. I got that many done and I quit before the last raid released and wasn't raiding or doing m+ at the time. It was most certainly attainable for any definition of casual unless you literally played only like 1 hour a week which you really have no place to complain.
    True. If i’m reading correctly I think the person you replied to, however, spent time on getting all 36 skins (or all 12 classes). At least 1 skin or class was doable throughout the expansion without extra progression.

Tell that to the self proclaimed casuals on these forums then. I mean let's be honest both you and I will agree you're not "casual" if you're taking time to post on these forums.

Also, nobody here is talking about all 36. I'm going to say that's a bit insane(not in a bad way) getting all of them done, but getting even 6(between at most 3 characters) was not even remotely asking much for a "casual" which is to most people about time not ability. I got that many done and I quit before the last raid released and wasn't raiding or doing m+ at the time. It was most certainly attainable for any definition of casual unless you literally played only like 1 hour a week which you really have no place to complain.
    I feel like you seem to be forgetting that the Mage Tower wasn't always up.

I, personally, think it's a shame that the artifact appearances might not make a return as a reward for the Mage Tower. This is coming from a person who farmed out all the skins he would've wanted from there already, including my swol bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    20+ hours per week is not casual for any video game. Leveling characters and gearing them to optimize for all 36 skins is dedication.
    This ^^. Leveling 12 characters (let's say "just" 11 because your main is high level day 1), gearing for each SPEC, and grinding shards or crystals (can't remember now, it was ages ago) for tried....that's easily over 100 hours /played total. That's a grind, regardless of skill required.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they brought back the Artifact skins that I'd made such effort to get all of them back then I'd be pretty annoyed. What made it unique back then was that is was exclusive and cool, the same with CM sets/weapons. Both gave warning that it would be going away.

It's a good thing they have something unique from this, honestly I'm surprised they're even bringing it back in the first place. The 'random recolours' as you call it are the Elite/Mythic Sets from Tomb of Sargeras (some of the best sets in the game IMO). I think the Warlock recolour is absolutely insane and I will be trying my hardest to get it, and I also really want the Priest set. I never got the Elite Priest set, and massively regret not trying for it back then.

Having exclusivity for some content is not a bad thing. That exclusivity makes people want things, makes them push for it, creates memories. I still remember completing the Shaman Restoration challenge and dying right at the end for the NPCs to just about finish it off. I remember the DH/Druid we played in Legion for 2k on my Warrior. I remember getting 2k just before the servers went down on my DK for the Elite set for Season 7. The game for 2.4k in BFA on my DK.

9.1.5 is a very catering patch that is bending over backwards to attract and return players. Most of the systems changes benefit casual players as much as if not more than hardcore players like myself.

Adding recolours of things is a great way to add fresh paint to concepts from the past. If they went down the road of adding M+ to all Timewalking dungeons I'm all for them adding a Keystone Master for MoP that gave a recolour of the CM Sets. I'd also love to see HD versions of some more older sets in a new Mage Tower challenge. Also this is the first time we're seeing a Class specific armour set since Legion and I love it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think bringing back the Mage Tower (a solo challenge) directly caters to casuals.

There was no chance of them bringing those skins back as they have said, many times, they are not. Why would you even think they were? They clearly stated those were exclusive and going away.....

I think it would have been cool if they added some new artifact skins (with a maw, sl theme) but I didn't think they would.

The casual/ solo player will now have:

1) Dailies
    2) WQ
    3) Mage Tower
    4) Torghast
    5) LFR
    6) LFG
    7) Timewalking
    8) PVP brawls
    9) Farming old raids/ achieves for mounts, titles, mogs

There is probably even more.

A casual is (mostly) defined as someone who plays casually (maybe an hour or so a day). You can't run through all that in 7 hours/week. No way.

If you are playing 2+ hrs a day (on average), you are not really a casual and should be looking towards more advanced content. There is no game modes for the casual that plays more than casually............
    Being a casual has nothing to do with time played and everything to do with the content they do. If it needs an organized group then it's not casual content. Anything that is solo or can be queued is casual. You can add pet battles and random battle grounds to that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Gonna be honest, while an opportunity for the Artifact skins would be nice, I'd rather have another crack at the weapon transmogs from WoD. Didn't have the time way back then to work on getting them. Maybe make them recolors so people who got the originals don't feel robbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    This whole game is a casual first fest, stop complaining about the <1% of things.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

While it is true that better gear makes the fights easier, they're incredibly difficult regardless. It's a solo player skill check. That is absolutely casual content. Don't whine because you're bad at the game lmao

I'm fine if they bring back the old appearances, they were already faceroll by the end of the expansion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Not at all "odd" if you knew when I stopped playing my druid, but you don't know that, do you? Such a weird thing to argue about.
    The fact that you said "didn't get it the -entire expansion-" suggests you played, well, the -entire expansion-. Something tells me you're not being honest, but alas, who cares. Bye.

loosing majority of playerbase is a bit worse things then few elitest toxic people feeling ....hurt about casuals getting those looks

but then - its game under direction of Ion so what else can we expect.

ah i know what we can expst - FF14 growing at explosive rate once they release expansion and blizzard panicking why people ignore 9.1.5 and play FF14
    Ohhhh that's right I forgot, this imaginary "loosing[sic]" of the majority of the playerbase happened right alongside the removal of fucking mage tower of all things. FFXIV, of course, being a beacon for highly difficult PvE content (lol).

This circlejerk is becoming embarassing. There has not been a single more erroneously pumped-up piece of content in this game outside of the mage tower challenges. The vast majority of the kind of people who are now here posting non-stop about how good FF14 is are the same people who were saying mage tower was "toxic" and "elitist" when it released because only people who knew how to play their class could complete the challenges, then the final patch of the expansion came around and you all out geared it via world quests and facerolled the challenges and now you claim it's the best thing they've ever designed. It would almost be funny, if it wasn't just a legion of people pretending they came to this conclusion all on their own rather than being told to believe it by a streamer.

So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    I honestly think there is no need to bring back the artifact skins. Blizzard gave all players fair warning when the system was current content when it would be shut off and the skins unavailable.

Bringing fresh rewards to recycled content is actually the smart move, because it incentivizes everyone to participate, not just those who are bummed about not getting all the weapon skins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Ohhhh that's right I forgot, this imaginary "loosing[sic]" of the majority of the playerbase happened right alongside the removal of fucking mage tower of all things. FFXIV, of course, being a beacon for highly difficult PvE content (lol).

This circlejerk is becoming embarassing. There has not been a single more erroneously pumped-up piece of content in this game outside of the mage tower challenges. The vast majority of the kind of people who are now here posting non-stop about how good FF14 is are the same people who were saying mage tower was "toxic" and "elitist" when it released because only people who knew how to play their class could complete the challenges, then the final patch of the expansion came around and you all out geared it via world quests and facerolled the challenges and now you claim it's the best thing they've ever designed. It would almost be funny, if it wasn't just a legion of people pretending they came to this conclusion all on their own rather than being told to believe it by a streamer.
    Its kind of comical that people think FFXIV is some sort of heavenly, gift from God type mmo. Its nothing but a grindy tedious game with a more egregious cash shop than blizzards WoW cash shop. Somehow people think its a better game? Question mark?

Anyway, as for the mage tower, this guy is probably just jealous of others and bummed that he didn't get all the skins when they were available.

I don't think the skins should come back. Blizz gave everyone ample time and ample warning when the system was going to be shut down. If they didn't get it then, tough luck. Btw, I don't have all the skins, I have about 10 of them. Let people have the skins who put the time and effort in when the system was current content.

I only got 1 of 12 Challenge Sets from MoP. I don't complain. It was the lesson for me, to invest time in Legion to get as many artifact weapon skins as possible.

It seems we get T20 recolours, which I find a great thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I don't think the skins should come back. Blizz gave everyone ample time and ample warning when the system was going to be shut down. If they didn't get it then, tough luck. Btw, I don't have all the skins, I have about 10 of them. Let people have the skins who put the time and effort in when the system was current content.
    Also this. Yes its sad for people who started playing after Legion. I will never get the Zandalari tiger mount from ZG anymore, or the ZA bear mount despite running these raids regularly because I had bad luck. Or many other things in the game because I don't do PvP. That's life.

Also, I completed 103 MT challenges, every spec at least twice. Some have been free loot at the end of MT lifetime, like Imp Mother Agatha. I went into that challenge with freshly dinged max level characters after completing the respective questline, and got carried by the consumables (and my knowledge of mechanics). Balance of power was much more time consuming with all the raid lockouts, but I even managed to get 12 of them done for every class. Mage Tower had less time requirements. and really great guides / helpful comments from many people.

Whether someone posts on MMO Champion or not has nothing to do with what they do in World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tdownpour View Post
    I didn't play during Classic but I should get the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and the Scarab Lord title. I also want all the Gladiator mounts I never got from each PVP season I didn't play.

Why the fuck are people arguing about a reward that was available for a limited time? If you really wanted them you should have tried harder before they were removed. They gave everyone broken artifacts and made the challenges available permanently up until BFA prepatch --> https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/06/06...us-end-legion/.

Incredible that people still want to justify having nothing prestigious left in the game because someone might not play for an entire expansion and miss out on something available for a limited time. If you want something, do it while it's available and stop trying to drag the game down to the lowest common denominator.
    So you think the prestige comes from when it was done, and not just the fact it was done at all? Seems like an odd way to look at it. I don't care if someone did it yesterday or ten years ago, it's the achievement itself that matters.

Waaaaah, gimme everything, waaaaah, game not good if I can't get 6 year old mogs although there's 11.000 other mogs in the game. Waaaah, waah, waaah, goddamn entitlement for the most irrelevant crap. Catering to what toxic elitist players? People who completed the tower when it was current content? Do you know in the end newly made alts just walked through it by having access to catch-up gear that made the tower basically irrelevant? There's no elitism behind this, there's no hidden agenda to sour your day, it's just you, determined to be upset by the most banal stuff in a random video game and that won't change regardless of what Blizz does. There'll always be something you'll feel entitled to just because you have a keyboard and severe lack of critical thinking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I feel like you seem to be forgetting that the Mage Tower wasn't always up.

I, personally, think it's a shame that the artifact appearances might not make a return as a reward for the Mage Tower. This is coming from a person who farmed out all the skins he would've wanted from there already, including my swol bear.
    This is an important part and one of the reasons Blizz ended up making it stay up permanent in the end. But until it did if you couldn't log in whenever you wanted it could be difficult to be online when the tower was available. Not to mention you had to farm the goddamn currency to get in as well. And say you got DCed for some reason, well then you had to get more currency and they spawned on a 1hour cyclus or so, so if everyone else were also flying around looting them you might have to end up having to wait over an hour before you could get more if you hadn't prefarmed them to kingdom come.

People who claim they were super easy seems to forget these factors which were outside our control.

I too farmed out the skins I wanted and I think others would enjoy being able to get them again too.

I think they should put all the removed content back in, including the rewards, such as the legendary cloak, Challenge mode dungeons, incl. rewards, etc. Since they have the scaling tecchnology now, there's no harm in doing it.

The removal of content only makes people spend less time in the game, because there's less worthwhile rewards to hunt for.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    So....by your logic H LK 25 was casual content because by mid cataclysm almost everyone got it..../facepalm

Have you tried the frost dk mage tower when it first came out? Tell me how casual was it?

Just because you don't raid mythics doesn't make you a casual. Getting all skins takes some grind, and grinding is literally the opposite of playing casually...
    Of course H LK 25 in Cata was casual content, just like clearing old raids right now for transmog is casual content.

Reaching 36/36 wasn't casual thing to do, it was repeating casual content (7.3 catch up gearing + getting right legendary + leveling weapon + 7.3 Mage Tower) 12 times. Leveling is casual activity, even if some people do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    While it is true that better gear makes the fights easier, they're incredibly difficult regardless. It's a solo player skill check. That is absolutely casual content. Don't whine because you're bad at the game lmao
    *laughs in Sargeras' Sword empowered artifacts*

5+ Year Old Account
    I think those recolours might be from Legion Timewalks. I really doubt mage tower would come back. I mean if it would then it’s great but then totally different unique rewards should be applied. Not the old gear recolours because it will be not worth doing.