Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Except we did. No change of Western attitudes happened.
    Oh because you behave good that only time, people should have changed how they viewed Russia ? You can't be that naive.

And it did not last anyway. Mind I remind you Russia invaded Ukraine a decade later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Oh because you behave good that only time, people should have changed how they viewed Russia ? You can't be that naive.

And it did not last anyway. Mind I remind you Russia invaded Ukraine a decade later ?
    It did not last because West wasn't reciprocating the gestures.

As you said, "cannot be that naive" forever.

If you are punished for "good behavior" then it's natural to stop doing it.

It did not last because West wasn't reciprocating the gestures.

As you said, "cannot be that naive" forever.

If you are punished for "good behavior" then it's natural to stop doing it.
    It is not because a kid behave good one time that you have trust him to behave good at all times. You need more proof. And as I said, Russia behave good one time and did not do more.

It is not because a kid behave good one time that you have trust him to behave good at all times. You need more proof. And as I said, Russia behave good one time and did not do more.
    Nope, there were plenty of times.

...and then West made anti-missile systems with clear anti-Russian intent, supported Orange Revolution, supported Kosovo independence, added Baltics into NATO, supported Georgian shelling of Russian peacekeepers, and many more.

Why do you think Russia is the only one who has to "behave good" and your side is free to "do whatever is convenient"?

Nope, there were plenty of times.

...and then West made anti-missile systems with clear anti-Russian intent, supported Orange Revolution, supported Kosovo independence, added Baltics into NATO, supported Georgian shelling of Russian peacekeepers, and many more.

Why do you think Russia is the only one who has to "behave good" and your side is free to "do whatever is convenient"?
    Because we behave good and promote peace and diplomacy while Russia does not (while executing their journalists and political opposants).
    Last edited by Specialka; 2021-09-17 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they are all terrorists, just like any form of opposition. But that's probably western propaganda.

Because we behave good and promote peace and diplomacy while Russia does not (while executing their journalists and political opposants).
    Empty words. Actions speak louder - you promote dissent for other countries, not peace... while suppressing your own dissenters.

Empty words. Actions speak louder - you promote dissent for other countries, not peace... while suppressing your own dissenters.
    Sure, I guess invasions are louder than diplomacy and promoting peace. Can you give an exemple of suppressing our own dissenters ? As far as I can tell, they do not jump through the windows or accidentaly shoot themselves in the head.

Sure, I guess invasions are louder than diplomacy and promoting peace.
    Yes, like invasions of Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya and Syria.

...and Afghanistan.

Can you give an exemple of suppressing our own dissenters ? As far as I can tell, they do not jump through the windows or accidentaly shoot themselves in the head.
    Most well known example - Assange.
    Another more recent example.

Yes, like invasions of Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya and Syria.

...and Afghanistan.

Most well known example - Assange.
    Another more recent example.
    Assange is not dead yet, so that a plus compare to Russia I would say. And yet, he would get a fait trial because he has a few questions to answer for. Again a plus compared to Russia.

What invasion of Yugoslavia ? You mean when people where killing each others over religion and territories? At least, we went there with good intention even if it did not work out very well, where Russia usually go in those for conquering, warmongering and do not mind working with dictators (it is easier to do when you are one yourself).

Assange is not dead yet, so that a plus compare to Russia I would say.
    Navalny isn't dead either.

And neither is the topic starter Protasevich.

And yet, he would get a fait trial because he has a few questions to answer for. Again a plus compared to Russia.
    Fair trial, yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that.

What invasion of Yugoslavia ? You mean when people where killing each others over religion and territories? At least, we went there with good intention even if it did not work out very well, where Russia usually go in those for conquering, warmongering and do not mind working with dictators (it is easier to do when you are one yourself).
    I can easily claim good intentions in Ukraine as well.

Still less total deaths and destruction then Western "interventions" that displaced millions.

Still less total deaths and destruction then Western "interventions" that displaced millions.
    bit rich given russia in syria. bomb any hospitals lately?

Navalny isn't dead either.

And neither is the topic starter Protasevich.

Fair trial, yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that.

I can easily claim good intentions in Ukraine as well.

Not that Russia did not try to silence him.

I guess you would not mind if others countries invaded russia because some people are culturally theirs ? Obviously, Russia would have less interventions than Western countries, since Dictators are supporting each others.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    bit rich given russia in syria. bomb any hospitals lately?
    Nothing that compares to US reducing most of Raqqa to rubble. ...not that they skipped hospitals either.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you would not mind if others countries invaded russia because some people are culturally theirs ? Obviously, Russia would have less interventions than Western countries, since Dictators are supporting each others.
    So you agree that you destabilized more of the world then Russia.

Good.

Somehow West is always "stability for us but not for you".

Nothing that compares to US reducing most of Raqqa to rubble. ...not that they skipped hospitals either.

- - - Updated - - -

So you agree that you destabilized more of the world then Russia.

Good.
    We did more interventions but again, that does not mean that Russia did less damage overall. Syria would been over if Russia and China did not stop the UN for instance (dictators supporting each others).

We did more interventions but again, that does not mean that Russia did less damage overall. Syria would been over if Russia and China did not stop the UN for instance (dictators supporting each others).
    Russia did less damage overall.

"Syria would have been over" is a cope - Libya still isn't over and there West wasn't blocked in UN. Fine example of how "unimpeded Western intervention" unfolds.

Clearly you were unwilling to commit forces that would have Assad actually fall; so as ISIS was getting more bold, including inside Russia, we had option to act and used it.

Somehow until Russia went there West just didn't bother to bomb all the oil ISIS was selling to Turkey to finance their operations...

...oil that as far as i'm aware US forces still illegally hold to this day.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-09-17 at 10:13 AM.

It did act in good faith a lot. Was rewarded with backstabbing.
    Like when? False flag shelling of it's own troops near Finnish border to excuse invasion? Wow, the good faith, I'm so feeling it. How about ex soviet bloc countries? Great good faith there. Invading and annexing Ukrainian territory, good faith? No, you see, they gave their nukes up for promises of it's sovereignty being protected. Russia rewarded that by backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Like when? False flag shelling of it's own troops near Finnish border to excuse invasion? Wow, the good faith, I'm so feeling it. How about ex soviet bloc countries? Great good faith there. Invading and annexing Ukrainian territory, good faith? No, you see, they gave their nukes up for promises of it's sovereignty being protected. Russia rewarded that by backstabbing.
    You're conveniently skipping part right after USSR fell and at least up to Georgian war.

Because it doesn't fit your narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're conveniently skipping part right after USSR fell and at least up to Georgian war.

Because it doesn't fit your narrative.
    Please.

Russia is just USSR by another name + poorer. Nothing much has changed, and you guys keep looking back at USSR and Stalin, on how great it all was, and emulating it wherever when you can.

It's the same shit regime it has always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Please.

Russia is just USSR by another name + poorer. Nothing much has changed, and you guys keep looking back at USSR and Stalin, on how great it all was, and emulating it wherever when you can.
    West haven't changed either, same imperialism under different mask.