10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Well shit maybe they should be working on cutting development cost by oh idk
    Not
    Adding
    More
    Concepts

Stop adding planets
    Stop adding weapons
    Stop adding ships

Get the systems working
    Get the game stable
    Get it closer to launch

Right now they aren’t getting closer to launch because any time a step towards completion is made they add more trash pushing it back

I love the incompetence but if they could be honest and say “we don’t know what we are doing” that would be great

- - - Updated - - -

Losing loot is a system that is never fun
    They have zero incentive to do anything beyond what's already made them "fuck you" money.

Selling concepts, buying Lamborghinis
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Well shit maybe they should be working on cutting development cost by oh idk
    Not
    Adding
    More
    Concepts

Stop adding planets
    Stop adding weapons
    Stop adding ships

Get the systems working
    Get the game stable
    Get it closer to launch

Right now they aren’t getting closer to launch because any time a step towards completion is made they add more trash pushing it back

I love the incompetence but if they could be honest and say “we don’t know what we are doing” that would be great
    I think thats what you should say... you have no idea like most people about how game development works, what youre suggesting there is telling them to fire their art teams and only have engineers and system designers work on the game until its ready.
    Okay then...

Majority of their resources are still going into SQ42 because thats the singleplayer game which can be finished earlier than Star Citizen, all the mechanics we are getting in PU is mostly because they are needed in SQ42... only something like mining is probably developed independently for PU since i highly doubt we need to do such things in the singleplayer experience. (we are supposedly a fighter pilot in SQ42)

Art teams work on the art... they have absolutely nothing to do with game mechanics or systems. They deliberately have teams who work on different things... the EU PU team works on different stuff than the US PU team, you can check what they work on through the roadmap.

Right now the most important thing to improve the PU as a whole is server meshing which is not as simple as just adding better server hardware. And they are working on it....
    Besides not long ago they removed Levski from PU (a whole explorable moon) because its not even supposed to exist in Stanton System and that gave alot more room for other systems in the game, performance improved alot after it.

Losing loot in SC is actually fine... all the armor and weapons are very cheap. You only need to do like 1 or 2 missions and you can already replace what you lost... most people can replace their current equipment hundred times over before running out of money.
    Losing your ship and its components would be an entirely different matter since even the cheapest ship component costs more than a full set of personal equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Majority of their resources are still going into SQ42 because thats the singleplayer game which can be finished earlier than Star Citizen, all the mechanics we are getting in PU is mostly because they are needed in SQ42... only something like mining is probably developed independently for PU since i highly doubt we need to do such things in the singleplayer experience. (we are supposedly a fighter pilot in SQ42)
    But is that really true? For something that was 'greyboxed' a few years back to now being completely hidden and not talked about it makes one wonder just what is going on there.

- - - Updated - - -

I think thats what you should say... you have no idea like most people about how game development works, what youre suggesting there is telling them to fire their art teams and only have engineers and system designers work on the game until its ready.
    Okay then...
    At least they are working on the most important things like making sure their NPCs tuck themselves into bed after taking a dump.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now the most important thing to improve the PU as a whole is server meshing which is not as simple as just adding better server hardware. And they are working on it....
    But are they REALLY working on it? Because it was supposedly close to being ready, then vanished. If you followed the roadmaps just for server meshing it would be quite the amusing ride.

Okay then...

Art teams work on the art... they have absolutely nothing to do with game mechanics or systems. They deliberately have teams who work on different things... the EU PU team works on different stuff than the US PU team, you can check what they work on through the roadmap.

Besides not long ago they removed Levski from PU (a whole explorable moon) because its not even supposed to exist in Stanton System and that gave alot more room for other systems in the game, performance improved alot after it.

Losing loot in SC is actually fine... all the armor and weapons are very cheap. You only need to do like 1 or 2 missions and you can already replace what you lost... most people can replace their current equipment hundred times over before running out of money.
    Losing your ship and its components would be an entirely different matter since even the cheapest ship component costs more than a full set of personal equipment.
    Wise and insightfull post, something rare around these parts.

Indeed the time it's taking the core development of the game is not being "delayed" by ship making as the ones working in network and engenering background tech are not the same who work in art and 3D modeling, animation, sound design and such.

Okay then...

Right.
    Except SQ42 does not exist.

Crytek dropped their lawsuit over CiG making 2 games with 1 Cryengine license because after the discovery phase they concluded there was no second game to sue over.
    After people kept asking where the announced Q3 2020 beta was Robert commented in 'a letter from the CEO' in December that the company will not be talking about SQ42 anymore and that everyone should stop asking about it.

The complete silence surrounding SQ42 and the insistence that people should stop asking about it leads me to a simple conclusion.
    It does not exist.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    If you play on a private WoW server you're still playing a mmo even if you don't have thousands of other players around.
    Even dying private vanilla wow servers have more than 50 people online in their early hours with their 15 years old networking codes.

Yet, it is not about how many players are online, it is about how many players the game can support. SC is so bad even after 10 years they can't go over 50.

Do you think in next patch they would push for 51 players?

You can not call SC a MMO, it can't support as many players as a 15 year old game even if you paid Chris Roberts of Turbulent another $350,000,000.00

Server meshing will be server mashing. Just wait and see at end of this year. Its just a lie to keep people paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh great, wipe incoming -_-
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by proskill View Post
    oh great, wipe incoming -_-
    rip

10+ Year Old Account
    if it only was aUEC i wouldnt mind, but all the ships alongside with it...
    i mean, ppl that shelled out real money get to keep their ships, but for ingame currency pleb they make u do it all over again.

the worst shit is that i cant get to fully test this game because of this. testers usually get access to everything from the get go, yet i had to pay in order to test it.
    its neither a full gameplay for my money, nor a full test with how halfbaked access is making u to earn in. its all in between. holy shit, it makes no sense, but still dumb ppl like me pay for it

WHY CAPITALISM EVEN EXISTS

there was even one guy that paid money for allegedly female feces, thinking it would smell different from all the SCAT videos he saw.
    he bought LITERAL SHIT and was surprised his whole room smelled like shit and couldnt get rid of the aroma, but didnt want to throw it away because he PAID for it.
    it was probably some other man's shit and he paid money for it.

there was also a case where an 'artist' was selling 'shit in a can'.
    cant make this shit up.
    WHY ARE WE DOING THIS??????????????
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-09-16 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    if it only was aUEC i wouldnt mind, but all the ships alongside with it...
    i mean, ppl that shelled out real money get to keep their ships, but for ingame currency pleb they make u do it all over again.

the worst shit is that i cant get to fully test this game because of this. testers usually get access to everything from the get go, yet i had to pay in order to test it.
    its neither a full gameplay for my money, nor a full test with how halfbaked access is making u to earn in. its all in between. holy shit, it makes no sense, but still dumb ppl like me pay for it

WHY CAPITALISM EVEN EXISTS

there was even one guy that paid money for allegedly female feces, thinking it would smell different from all the SCAT videos he saw.
    he bought LITERAL SHIT and was surprised his whole room smelled like shit and couldnt get rid of the aroma, but didnt want to throw it away because he PAID for it.
    it was probably some other man's shit and he paid money for it.

there was also a case where an 'artist' was selling 'shit in a can'.
    cant make this shit up.
    WHY ARE WE DOING THIS??????????????
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    -Dougles Adams
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Don't bother trying to progress. It's dozens of hours spent tediously grinding for... what? Ships you can't customize (you have to pay real money to decorate your ship with a coffeemaker you can't use), you have no good fun content to use them for, and you're going to lose them anyway. You can fly every ship for free during the anniversary event anyway.

Once you've seen everything the Stanton system has to offer, you really need to join an active organization and attend their events to have fun in SC, doing stuff like 30 man battles or pirscy or racing. But at that point, you're not really having fun playing SC. You're having fun hanging out with friends, and you could move on to other games or do other things with them. If you're a solo player then you mind as well play other games. Maybe boot up Star Citizen for 30 minutes to check out a new district added to Orison and then log off until eithef the Pyro system is added or the servers are fixed.

Because otherwise we could all end up by paying for this sort of dumbfuckery : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Don't bother trying to progress. It's dozens of hours spent tediously grinding for... what? Ships you can't customize (you have to pay real money to decorate your ship with a coffeemaker you can't use), you have no good fun content to use them for, and you're going to lose them anyway. You can fly every ship for free during the anniversary event anyway.

Once you've seen everything the Stanton system has to offer, you really need to join an active organization and attend their events to have fun in SC, doing stuff like 30 man battles or pirscy or racing. But at that point, you're not really having fun playing SC. You're having fun hanging out with friends, and you could move on to other games or do other things with them. If you're a solo player then you mind as well play other games. Maybe boot up Star Citizen for 30 minutes to check out a new district added to Orison and then log off until eithef the Pyro system is added or the servers are fixed.
    i think ure right.

theres rly no reason for me to play anymore until 3.15 hits and the wipe is done.
    i bought myself gladius and buccaneer for the money i had left after the money loss bug, but soon even that will be gone. actually now when i think about it, even if the bug didnt happen and i gathered all the money for 600i it would be GONE as well
    i know its a fucking alpha, but i want it to be as persistent as it can be, i want things i earned to last. losing stuff is never fun.

i really had fun playing SC for the last 2 months, it was actually my main game to play for that time, but ill have to wait till 3.15.
    any idea when it might be? december?

10+ Year Old Account
    saw this today in my hangar

Badger and Badges
    Attributed
    Created:
    September 19, 2021
    Contains:
    6 items
    Items
    CF-227 Badger (S2)
    Component
    Klaus & Werner (KLWE)
    CF-227 Badger (S2)
    Component
    Klaus & Werner (KLWE)

where is this from and why?

saw this today in my hangar

Badger and Badges
    Attributed
    Created:
    September 19, 2021
    Contains:
    6 items
    Items
    CF-227 Badger (S2)
    Component
    Klaus & Werner (KLWE)
    CF-227 Badger (S2)
    Component
    Klaus & Werner (KLWE)

where is this from and why?
    Referral Code reward, someone who used your referral code bought the game.

The more wiping they need to do the more progress they are doing in ironing out the database/persistent issues.

Not only that but medical gameplay along with full looting will bring a new depth and dynamics to the gameplay.

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-09-21 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Referral Code reward, someone who used your referral code bought the game.
    wow, never thought someone would ever do that, but it still says 5000 UEC in the hangar. shouldnt i get additional 5000 UEC too? not aUEC, but u know the difference

wow, never thought someone would ever do that, but it still says 5000 UEC in the hangar. shouldnt i get additional 5000 UEC too? not aUEC, but u know the difference
    You get more UEC if you used someone else's referral code when making an account.

https://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2021/...zen-movie.html

Oh the surprise... I wonder what sort of main role his wife will take ^^

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    https://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2021/...zen-movie.html

Oh the surprise... I wonder what sort of main role his wife will take ^^
    I don't think there is much to write home about here. It's probably a "just in case" thing. Pretty much everyone tries to acquire the movie rights to anything they can get their hands on, though most of the time they never end up actual doing anything with those rights. Chris did have an interest in film making earlier in his career, with the latter Wing Commander games tending to be more like movies with some gameplay (as opposed to being games with some live action cutscenes) and ofcourse, the infamous WC movie, but those days are long since past. I would be genuinely shocked if SC ever got a movie. And Chris and his wife have been actively trying to avoid the spotlight for years. They learned the hard way, with Chris constantly putting his foot in his mouth and eventually just bowing out and letting his community managers become the new faces of the project, and Chris' wife was the center of controversy that eventually led to her being removed as host of the shows. Being front and center in a movie isn't going to do them many favors.

Evocati testing of 3.15 probably next week. Should be a fun one.