Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    I'm not talking about what is happening, im talking about what should happen, and that is to censor certain kinds of misinformation.

Although genocide denial is against the law, if you really want to know.
    So, this is simply something you want?

But, you made it seem like the United States was an outlier for not doing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, this is simply something you want?

But, you made it seem like the United States was an outlier for not doing it...
    if you actually bothered to read I was talking about the US first amendment. But i'm sure they can find loop holes, they are good at that if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    right, that's why sites like Gab, parlor, kiwifarms, etc. are just as poplar and used as much as FB and Twitter, that's why there are dozens of social media sites that I've somehow never heard of popping up all the time. I'm just blind to these sites existing and this isn't you pulling shit out of your ass, like you always do.
    I never said they are just as popular. This is your straw man.

Regardless, it shouldn't matter to you how many there are, you want to nationalize them all.

Talk about limiting competition...

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you want to sacrifice the First Amendment?

Well, at least you're finally being honest.
    They will eventually abolish the 13th as well
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-09-21 at 10:22 PM.

if you actually bothered to read I was talking about the US first amendment. But i'm sure they can find loop holes, they are good at that if anything.
    I highly doubt the SCOTUS will rule to strip the scope of the 1st Amendment to the degree you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The will eventually abolish the 13th as well
    That would be Trump and his supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt the SCOTUS will rule to strip the scope of the 1st Amendment to the degree you want.

I don't really care, so good for you?

I don't really care, so good for you?
    Yes, it's great for me, and for anyone else who supports the 1st Amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's great for me, and for anyone else who supports the 1st Amendment.
    Good for you, I'll continue to be glad to live somewhere that actually has a chance at censoring anti-vax misinformation for the good of public health.

Good for you, I'll continue to be glad to live somewhere that actually has a chance at censoring anti-vax misinformation for the good of public health.
    And where would that be? I want to see what they have done to curtail it, this far.

10+ Year Old Account
    And where would that be? I want to see what they have done to curtail it, this far.
    I keep saying that every country without something similar to the first amendment has this power[and the rest still has plenty of other methods to control the media], do you just want to go in circles again?

I keep saying that every country without something similar to the first amendment has this power, do you just want to go in circles again?
    Absolutely not, I'd prefer examples.

Are you simply referring to countries like China, who don't have free speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    They will eventually abolish the 13th as well
    you both should have your eye's checked. can't read to save your lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, I'd prefer examples.

Are you simply referring to countries like China, who don't have free speech?
    Why do you need examples? What is stopping a country from censorship when they only need a simple majority for it?

Why do you need examples? What is stopping a country from censorship when they only need a simple majority for it?
    Well, the issuenis you keep referring to these countries, as if they exist.

Meanwhile, we do have countries that restrict free speech, like China... and still have loads of misinformation.

That's why such a stance seems vague and tenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know Machismo supports paying people nothing for their work… right? He’s against minimum wages.
    again an argument can be made that the 13th should be updated to you know, not make it so prisoners are slaves of the state?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the issuenis you keep referring to these countries, as if they exist.

Meanwhile, we do have countries that restrict free speech, like China... and still have loads of misinformation.

That's why such a stance seems vague and tenuous.
    Again, we keep going on in circles here.

What is stopping most countries from passing a law to censor misinformation about important health issues(i.e Vaccination) with a simple majority?
    So be clear again before you go on about it again, this is all about how its possible, not that any country is actually doing it[they should].

Freedom of speech...like yelling fire in s crowded theater....like the misinformation of anti-vaccines...lets keep that death toll rolling. All because the the deliberate refusal to see the middle for the sake of the corporate bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Libertarians! These anime protagonists are champions of misinformation, corporate power, and child rape. Fuck your laws, I need muh freedumb!
    Not child rape; it's child labor. As in prostitution is just another job that children will have to participate in.

Again, we keep going on in circles here.

What is stopping most countries from passing a law to censor misinformation about important health issues(i.e Vaccination) with a simple majority?
    So be clear again before you go on about it again, this is all about how its possible, not that any country is actually doing it[they should].
    I'm not sure why you are asking me this question, it's not my argument.

I'd say the push to allow freedom of speech is the root cause that is stopping government censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Freedom of speech...like yelling fire in s crowded theater....like the misinformation of anti-vaccines...lets keep that death toll rolling. All because the the deliberate refusal to see the middle for the sake of the corporate bottom line.
    Or... you can simply stop using companies like Facebook.