Transferred to a PvE realm by a mistake, what do I do now?

This is probably the most idiotic thing I have ever done on WoW but I don't think I'm the only one to blame here. I transferred my character to a PvE realm because I was totally clueless about the fact that you can't transfer from a PvE realm to a PvP one and this was enhanced further by the fact that there was a time before the launch where you could transfer between PvE and PvP realms so I thought that was the standard thing and not just a temporary change.

What can I do now?

Can I send them a ticket and convince them to cancel the transferring and return me back to where I was?

I want badly to get all of my characters to a PvP realm, I don't want to start from the beginning. If you ask me the advantages on a PvE realm are almost nonexistent since you rarely get ganked anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is probably the most idiotic thing I have ever done on WoW but I don't think I'm the only one to blame here. I transferred my character to a PvE realm because I was totally clueless about the fact that you can't transfer from a PvE realm to a PvP one and this was enhanced further by the fact that there was a time before the launch where you could transfer between PvE and PvP realms so I thought that was the standard thing and not just a temporary change.

What can I do now?

Can I send them a ticket and convince them to cancel the transferring and return me back to where I was?

I want badly to get all of my characters to a PvP realm, I don't want to start from the beginning. If you ask me the advantages on a PvE realm are almost nonexistent since you rarely get ganked anyway.
    from https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000034787: "The Character Transfer service takes up to 24 hours to complete. If you log in before it completes, the transfer may fail and your character may be locked. To unlock your character, contact us."

you could try that? does say "may" so obviously isn't foolproof but hey if you contact support quickly you may get a reply and they might cancel it.

if that doesn't work, you're shit outta luck. I do believe you can still make characters on a pvp server but you gotta start from scratch
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-09-22 at 12:47 PM.

Put in a ticket saying you accidently went to the wrong realm. They'll revert the transfer and refund you the money.

This will work as long if you don't actively play the character when the current transfer is done
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

What can I do now?

I just had a look at the transfer options and you are able to transfer from a PvE realm to a PvP one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I just had a look at the transfer options and you are able to transfer from a PvE realm to a PvP one.
    Hm?

Can you give me a link?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hm?

Can you give me a link?
    it was on the character transfer screen in game. the pvp realms were definitely available for me to transfer to and I am currently on a pve realm. also good news, they're on sale so at least you won't have to pay full price

I should say that for obvious reasons I didn't actually go through with the transfer so while they were available for me to transfer to it is possible that it is a fakeout if you've heard different... but one would think that if you server transferred from a pvp server to a pve one without any issues then you should be able to do it the other way around

How long ago did you transfer? Its unlikely they will do anything but way more unlikely if its been more than like a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it was on the character transfer screen in game. the pvp realms were definitely available for me to transfer to and I am currently on a pve realm. also good news, they're on sale so at least you won't have to pay full price

I should say that for obvious reasons I didn't actually go through with the transfer so while they were available for me to transfer to it is possible that it is a fakeout if you've heard different... but one would think that if you server transferred from a pvp server to a pve one without any issues then you should be able to do it the other way around
    It's possible on retail, but I don't think it's available for classic, though?
    Hi

Open a ticket and demand a refund. They will do it if the transfer wasnt that long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try a ticket, but accept that they'll most likely want you to pay for it again.

I would threaten unsubbing too. Its a bit "basic bitch", but sadly it works a lot of the time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's possible on retail, but I don't think it's available for classic, though?
    This was on the classic character screen

3+ Year Old Account
    Open a ticket, they got back to me in 2-3 days and it was a very pleasant experience.

Can't imagine being on a PvE realm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this retail? If it's retail you can transfer from PvE to PvP. If it's Classic your only options are to either enjoy the PvE experience or hope Blizzard refunds you.

Edit: It's really not a big deal though, world PvP is deader than dead. You're basically playing on a PvE realm regardless.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest