Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Of course FL's new "Surgeon General", the anti-mask, vaccine skeptical asshat who was in the video with the group of anti-vaxx, pro-hydroxy "doctors" alongside that one lady that believes demon sperm makes you infertile, is ordering this shit.

Can we quarantine Florida? We really need to quarantine Florida. Vaccinated people who want to seek refuge are welcome, but jesus christ this states Death Cult work faster? It's great because the people leading this Death Cult are all vaccinated and protected, they're just happy to let their adherents suffer and die.

Which impacts everyone else, like the poor folks in Washington who are struggling to find hospital availability for surgeries because the fuckin selfish shitdick asshole Death Cultists next door in Idaho are filling Washington hospitals since Idaho hospitals are over capacity and rationing care.

Fuck. These. People. Forever. I will never have sympathy or empathy for them. When they die I will not feel bad for their families unless it's their non-adult children, who are victims. If some anti-vaxx parents have to bury their adult anti-vaxx child, tough shit. Not a shred of compassion or sympathy, enjoy the suffering because they chose to be absolute fucking retards.

I'm sick of a minority of Americans holding the rest of the fucking country hostage because they're obstinate retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Of course FL's new "Surgeon General", the anti-mask, vaccine skeptical asshat who was in the video with the group of anti-vaxx, pro-hydroxy "doctors" alongside that one lady that believes demon sperm makes you infertile, is ordering this shit.

Can we quarantine Florida? We really need to quarantine Florida. Vaccinated people who want to seek refuge are welcome, but jesus christ this states Death Cult work faster? It's great because the people leading this Death Cult are all vaccinated and protected, they're just happy to let their adherents suffer and die.

Which impacts everyone else, like the poor folks in Washington who are struggling to find hospital availability for surgeries because the fuckin selfish shitdick asshole Death Cultists next door in Idaho are filling Washington hospitals since Idaho hospitals are over capacity and rationing care.

Fuck. These. People. Forever. I will never have sympathy or empathy for them. When they die I will not feel bad for their families unless it's their non-adult children, who are victims. If some anti-vaxx parents have to bury their adult anti-vaxx child, tough shit. Not a shred of compassion or sympathy, enjoy the suffering because they chose to be absolute fucking retards.

I'm sick of a minority of Americans holding the rest of the fucking country hostage because they're obstinate retards.
    It's Floriduh. Nothing much to say. As a counterpart here is a good story.

Mormon Church Mandates Worldwide Use of Masks in Temples

10+ Year Old Account
    They must have missed something in the last year and a half...

... i know, i know religious stuff isn't allowed in the forum, hopefully i can afford the infraction, i just had to say it.

10+ Year Old Account

Who will be the first inDUHvidual to claim their religious rights are being discriminated against because their religion requires them to wear a mask inside the building owned by the religion to participate in rituals made and governed by the religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    *snip*
    Nah, I'm done engaging with you; you're entirely disingenuous. Everyone who's bothered to read your posts knows as much, and I've cluttered this thread up enough responding to your inane sealioning.

No, actually, it doesn't even make "twisted logic" sense. The only people who have a legitimate reason to get dibs on the antibody treatments are those who cannot take the vaccine. There's zero justification for people who chose to be unvaccinated to jump the line.

While it's true that vaccinated people are less likely to need the antibody treatment, if two people are both seriously ill enough to warrant it, then denying it to the person who did everything right doesn't make any sense at all. The only way it even remotely makes sense is if the person who has been vaccinated is being given an antibody treatment "just to be safe", which is pretty much only celebrities and politicians. So Tennessee can bark up that tree for all they want, but it won't change a thing.

Honestly, if anything, the antibody treatments should be treated like a transplant. The choice of who gets it often comes down to which person will get the most benefit from it. If you're a chain-smoker, you're less likely to get that lung transplant than a non-smoker, everything else being equal, because you've demonstrated a choice to not take care of yourself. Same thing should apply for the antibody treatment. Those who choose to be unvaccinated (as opposed to those who can't get the vaccine, which are few), should have that count against them when it comes to rationing the treatment.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

WTH? If DeSantis somehow managed to get reelected after this fiasco, then we know that there is no hope for Florida.
    My genuine hope/fear is that he's successful in getting enough of his supporters/voters sidelined that he'll have a helluva time trying to stay in office, and that the Death Cult down there will lose considerable power.

Edit: Toned down post to be slightly less depressing and more fluffy.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-09-28 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My genuine hope is that he's successful in getting enough of his supporters/voters killed that he'll have a helluva time trying to stay in office, and that the Death Cult down there will lose considerable power.
    I hope every election in Florida from here to eternity is partnered with the phrase: "Remember that time we elected a Republican, followed him off a cliff, and ended up dying in droves? Yeah..."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Talking about organ transplant, double lung transplants procedures are more involved for Covid patients than regular double lung transplant recipients.

Lung Transplants for COVID-19—The Option of Last Resort

Dr Bharat:Our first recipient had severe deconditioning, malnourishment, sepsis, acute kidney injury, a necrotizing pneumonia, and spontaneous bleeding into a lung and her liver. This is not the typical profile of standard lung transplant patients who, for the most part, are on oxygen but come from home and have participated in outpatient pulmonary and physical rehabilitation so are fairly strong. Also, the surgery itself is much more challenging for patients with COVID-19. While a typical double lung transplant takes about 6 hours, in patients with COVID-19 the average operative time is 10 to 12 hours. These patients have scar tissue in the chest that is actively inflamed and tends to bleed a lot, requiring an average of 10 units of blood transfusion in the operating room compared with 5½ units of blood for a typical double lung transplant recipient. Postoperatively, patients with COVID-19 have a higher incidence of primary graft dysfunction early on and tend to have a much longer ICU stay. But once they get beyond the first couple of weeks, they tend to recover quickly and catch up to the trajectory of a standard lung transplant by about 4 to 6 weeks. All the patients with COVID-19 in whom we’ve performed lung transplants so far have had 100% survival.

Talking about organ transplant, double lung transplants procedures are more involved for Covid patients than regular double lung transplant recipients.

Lung Transplants for COVID-19—The Option of Last Resort
    Man, it's increasingly looking like caring for people who are voluntarily unvaxxed with severe covid is a huge, massive waste of resources that could help a lot more people.

Well, Atlanta is on fall break this week so my town in Florida is packed full these awful mouth breathing cunts again.

So any dip Florida had will start going away as people flood this place for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Well, Atlanta is on fall break this week so my town in Florida is packed full these awful mouth breathing cunts again.

So any dip Florida had will start going away as people flood this place for the next few weeks.
    People really should be able to flee these southern states and seek refuge where they're not surrounded by people trying to infect them with a potentially deadly virus, even if you're already vaccinated and have high protection from symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

...and then take the virus back home with them.

Brilliant.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

all of you hoping that people's eyes will open ie desantis and his ilk? from reading what they are saying, they are actualy genuinely, I'm not even kidding - convinced that their states were hit the least by pandemic and by NOT restricting or vaccinating, they are suffering less from covid then blue states.

I wish I was kidding, but its the narrative that these people are buying into hook, line and sinker. along with few other narratives that make me feel like we are living in alternate realities.

on a completely different, but semi related note... I love how chill my area is. had to go to renew drivers license yesterday and on the door, the sign said that masks are encouraged but not required for vaccinated people. all but like 3 people (and there were ..at least 30 people in there, I didn't count exactly but there were two lines, both pretty long) had masks on. with noses covered. people didn't argue or make any scenes, just put their masks on and waited their turn like normal human beings. warmed my cockles.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    all of you hoping that people's eyes will open ie desantis and his ilk? from reading what they are saying, they are actualy genuinely, I'm not even kidding - convinced that their states were hit the least by pandemic and by NOT restricting or vaccinating, they are suffering less from covid then blue states.
    Gladly running to your deaths to own the libs. I'll continue to have zero sympathy for the pain, suffering, and loss these people go through.

Herman Cain Awards seem to be getting noticed by media, some of whom are performatively shocked by how "dark" it all is. Naw blood, this shit is hilarious. Eventually you run out of empathy and compassion for people who continually stick their hand in the garbage disposal while it's on, despite extensive warnings, despite people getting their hands mangled thousands of times before. You just step back and see them put up a gofundme for medical bills and ask for thoughts and prayers and can't help but laugh at how comically stupid it all is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Plus with the money you'd save from not needing to pay that huge hospital bill, you can easily buy a snowmobile/car/firearm/small house.
    Eh well yeah if you are US based, that may apply.
    Everytime I think about this it just scares the crap out of me. Getting financially ruined by an illness... insane proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Getting financially ruined by an illness... insane proposition.
    A price we'll gladly not pay for our FREEDOM(tm).

It's sure resulted in a whole lot of families of Herman Cain Award winners using America's Most Popular Health Insurance Provider(tm) to cover expensive hospital bills if they don't have health insurance (or if they do and it's garbage insurance with high deductibles/out of pocket maximums): GoFundMe.

is the mask like their magic underwear?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nah, I'm done engaging with you; you're entirely disingenuous. Everyone who's bothered to read your posts knows as much, and I've cluttered this thread up enough responding to your inane sealioning.
    Which one is it though? First you quote me, I get notified and reply, and 1.5 posts later now you're done engaging me? And you call me disingenuous? BTW personal attacks mean you have no other argument and your opponent was correct all the way. Thanks for admitting that. You made a small mistake back then, (I did a few too, admitted it and moved on) but you're incapable of saying you were wrong, so you had to squirm and repeat the same lies and personal attacks over and over for months.

So, you engaged/attacked me, then I replied and exposed your... disingenuousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatching the quarantine episode of Always Sunny. Crazy how relevant it is

Resident Cosplay Progressive