Thread: Tales of Arise

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the microtransactions are the only reason we continue to get Tales games so I'll never complain about them.
    Tales sells quite well everywhere except in Japan, and they're not ludicrously high budget games. They're making a profit without needing microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well yeah but we aren't getting a new xenoblade every few years. Tales games come out pretty frequently and microtransactions are a big reason they can get away with doing that.
    It's been 5 years between Berseria and Arise. Yes, they used to pump out low budget games bi yearly but they aren't anymore and Arise was not only an engine change but a massive change in budget and polish.

In a span of 5 years Xenoblade X, 2 and 1 DE all came out by comparison so uhhh...............

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tales sells quite well everywhere except in Japan, and they're not ludicrously high budget games. They're making a profit without needing microtransactions.
    Arise is a higher budget JRPG then anything not named Final Fantasy or KH. Everything is motion capped, almost everything is voice acted and the graphics are borderline AAA which is an almost non existent thing for the genre.

The lack of enemy variety really killed the combat portion of the game for me. Went from fighting everything to dodging what I can because even 40 hours in enemies are the same as they were 1 hour in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    The lack of enemy variety really killed the combat portion of the game for me. Went from fighting everything to dodging what I can because even 40 hours in enemies are the same as they were 1 hour in.
    Didn't have a problem with that, but can see why. Honestly had fun with the combat from start to finish and only skipped when i did some backtracking and didn't want to fight some lvl 15 when being 30 or something and when i wanted to get somewhere asap.
    Probably did that so you ALWAYS know which enemies do what and how you can counter them with the boost skills or whatever they were called (where you let the party members do specific attacks, like crushing armor)

Just finished the game's story yesterday and I'm stepping in the post-game dungeon now.

It is a great game but, for me, it has some important flaws. The story is one of the things that bothered me most after they said it was a different Tales of game. It started somewhat good, it goes downhill soon and ends up being your typical JRPG. The gameplay is the saving grace of Arise, the combat is nice, fast paced and has some great combos, but as sammonoske said above most enemies after the first two zones are just recolours.

To add on to some of the flaws, combat had its own set of annoyances. Mystic artes interrupting spell casts make Rinwell and Shionne annoying to play as. Also wasn't a fan of enemies being super aggressive against the controlled character.

I do not understand what happened my controls are totally fucked up. gyro motion is enabled and there is no way to disable it aynwhere.
    when i use any arte and spam the button it immediately activates hp consuming moves on alphen. game is fucking unplayable for me atm. any idea? even my normal attacks turn to hp consuming attacks wtf.

x button is the problem. it immediately activates hp consuming attack. i fixed gyro stuff. just pushing it once immediately activates hp consume. x is for sword rain alpha.
    Last edited by Gref; 2021-10-02 at 05:17 PM.

Really enjoying it so far. Just at the bit where the big thing falls from space after the 5th lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.