15+ Year Old Account

Healthy sexuality is fine. Sexual misconduct is not.

Blizzard is yet again doing things wrong, changing names, achievements etc to combat their failing reputation.
    What they are doing is actually quite offensive to me.

It has nothing to do with making their games align with the company's "shared values".
    That is hypocrisy at its best.
    Blizzard doesn't need to clean up their games, they need to clean up their fucking company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Blizzard is yet again doing things wrong, changing names, achievements etc to combat their failing reputation.

It has nothing to do with making their games align with the company's "shared values".
    Blizzard doesn't need to clean up their games, they need to clean up their fucking company.
    They are still working on cleaning up the company, and the actions of name changes, are the only way they can show the fanbase and investors that something is going on. They are not permitted to tell us anything about the cases, and they are sadly not making community communication to talk to us.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They've already purged everyone even remotely affiliated with the sexual misconduct (although that doesn't mean they don't still affiliate with sexist / racist parties). I don't believe there's anyone who was even loosely involved who hasn't been let go from the company by now, although the fact that Bobby's still sitting pretty isn't surprising in the slightest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    They've already purged everyone even remotely affiliated with the sexual misconduct (although that doesn't mean they don't still affiliate with sexist / racist parties). I don't believe there's anyone who was even loosely involved who hasn't been let go from the company by now, although the fact that Bobby's still sitting pretty isn't surprising in the slightest
    Luckily, everyone with a finger in the issue seems to almost be gone. Chief of Legal, Chief of HR, and a good chunk of the team, Brack, and like, 5-8 big names, and now the law is going for Kotick for failing to follow demands.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Even the things happening in their own company are hard to grasp for us, because we weren't there when it all happened. There's contradicting stories. The worst Alex Afrasiabi apparently did was flirt with women and touch a woman's hand without her consent. I'd say as far as rape goes, he still has a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They are still working on cleaning up the company, and the actions of name changes, are the only way they can show the fanbase and investors that something is going on. They are not permitted to tell us anything about the cases, and they are sadly not making community communication to talk to us.
    Aside from token firings and lip service no actions on mismanagement or inequality have been taken to improve the situation as expressed by the employee organization.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Aside from token firings and lip service no actions on mismanagement or inequality have been taken to improve the situation as expressed by the employee organization.
    We do not know further within, do we? Currently, they are flushing legal, HR, and developers, so something is happening, and Kotick is now being held directly accountable as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We already have multiple threads discussing this, we don't really need yet another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead