Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Horror film set in Roman/Ancient Greek period.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of the author Matthew Reilly, so a movie based on his works would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Gensui View Post
    Nice list.

Off the top of my head, some movies you might want to check out until those get made:

1. Steamboy - OK, its not quite 'alien' sci-fi but it is definitely sci-fi set in 1860's England.

2. Red Tails - About the Tuskegee airmen in WW2. Not the greatest film but not terrible.

3. A D&D movie set in Neverwinter is set to release in 2023: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Tuskegee Airmen, Redtails is like the Wish version of Tuskegee Airmen; fantastic cast, great movie, I highly suggest seeing it. Its an HBO movie so its probably on HBOmax. There is also that navy diving moving. Buffalo Soldiers. As well as Glory which is one of the best war movies made.

On topic:
    I second a Baldur's Gate/Oblivion style movie or 2. High fantasy with lovecraftian horror.
    Really I'd take any fantasy/medieval setting with a twist. Horror, drama, hell I love Knight's Tale and thats essentially fantasy with a love twist.

I'd like to see more movies with Africa and its folklore as the backdrop. Movies like Ghost and the Darkness.

I want more racing movies, there really are only 2 that really stand out, Days of Thunder and Drive.

Pretty sure Cowboys & Aliens fit the number one slot. Its not medieval but it is set in a historical time during the steam age, though near the end of it.

I havent watched the movie. I just know of it.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    1. Cowboys and Aliens
    2. Red Tails
    3. Sure why not
    I was totally aware of Cowboys and Aliens which is why Medieval and Aliens was the next logical step lol...

Red Tails is a good shout out but its badly researched and not a very good movie in general. So yes it exists so I guess you win there, but its not something you still see a lot of despite how much has been unearthed about the subject matter. I mean no Walter Tull movie? Come on :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-27 at 11:51 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I was totally aware of Cowboys and Aliens which is why Medieval and Aliens was the next logical step lol...

Red Tails is a good shout out but its badly researched and not a very good movie in general. So yes it exists so I guess you win there, but its not something you still see a lot of despite how much has been unearthed about the subject matter. I mean no Walter Tull movie? Come on :P
    Replied to the wrong person earlier;
    Tuskegee Airmen, Glory, Buffalo Soldiers, Men of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Gensui View Post
    Nice list.

Off the top of my head, some movies you might want to check out until those get made:

1. Steamboy - OK, its not quite 'alien' sci-fi but it is definitely sci-fi set in 1860's England.

2. Red Tails - About the Tuskegee airmen in WW2. Not the greatest film but not terrible.

3. A D&D movie set in Neverwinter is set to release in 2023: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    oof a D&D movie set, I am little sceptical it will be good....

Also, a movie about Lord Byron and his travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...there has been like 7 LOTR movies period (1 Ralph Bakshi, 6 Peter Jackson but I barely count the Hobbit Trilogy) and Sherlock Holmes is public domain so it's super cheap to use him over well let's say Azeroth
    Maybe I should have said LOTR universe, you are being a little pedantic there though, I get the feeling you knew what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Maybe I should have said LOTR universe, you are being a little pedantic there though, I get the feeling you knew what I meant.
    If you meant LOTR Universe IE Middle Earth then no there have barely been any movies in said universe..add in by all accounts 2 of them are a remake of an adaptation and 3 of them were a REALLY crappy cashgrab that barely count in the whole swing of things

Unless my memory is foggy I only know of 7 movies in the Lord of the Rings franchise

Ralph Bakshi's animated version
    Peter Jackson's Trilogy
    and The 3 Hobbit Movies

and by all accounts Bakshi's and Jackson's version were damn near miracles. Now if your thinking Pure fantasy novels LIKE Middle Earth well..that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    If you meant LOTR Universe IE Middle Earth then no there have barely been any movies in said universe..add in by all accounts 2 of them are a remake of an adaptation and 3 of them were a REALLY crappy cashgrab that barely count in the whole swing of things

Unless my memory is foggy I only know of 7 movies in the Lord of the Rings franchise

Ralph Bakshi's animated version
    Peter Jackson's Trilogy
    and The 3 Hobbit Movies

and by all accounts Bakshi's and Jackson's version were damn near miracles. Now if your thinking Pure fantasy novels LIKE Middle Earth well..that's different.

7 movies is enough to fit the criteria I was talking about without the upcoming series anyway lol. There aren't many universes that get that many and all would fit my thought of being overdone.
    Last edited by molliewoof; 2021-09-28 at 01:11 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Interesting concept think of a type of movie theme that you think hasn't been made yet.

Some ideas:

1. A Sci-Fi/History hybrid. Think Alien Invasion in Medieval Europe. (Similar to movies like War of the Worlds which adaptations have never made in its actual setting (Victorian England) from the books, outside of the musical)
    Uhm, prob cuz bows n arrows vs lazerz is too much?..

Hmmm..As I wrote that, they did that movie...RotJ..

Or maybe ewoks count as stone age?? dunno..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Uhm, prob cuz bows n arrows vs lazerz is too much?..

Hmmm..As I wrote that, they did that movie...RotJ..

Or maybe ewoks count as stone age?? dunno..
    haha. Yup, so give me King Henry V vs the Martians
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    a medieval version of john carter of mars? a knight instead of a cowboy

There's this 80's movie with Klaus Kinski and Harvey Keitel: Star Knight.

It's a horrible movie tough lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That's a great idea! Perfect elevator pitch.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-09-28 at 05:38 PM.

It kinda has been done, but Warhammer 40k movie, in full glory. But that is basically impossible without insane amount of money. It would take a genius to translate that to actual cinema without totally failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Write that down, WRITE THAT DOWN!

P.S.
    Red Tails was absolute crap. I am never going to forget the "heroically not being absolutely literally torn in pieces after chest tanking multiple 30mm (!!!) autocannon rounds from Me-262 and having enough time to keep flying and do the tearful goodbye speech to his friend" stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.