Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Blizzard employees are probably very likeable at parties.....

Can us players still have any kind of fun?.

Next remove toys, like Shado-Pan Geyser Gun, Fruit Basket, snowballs etc

Because those things are rude and disrespectful and might hurt someone's feelings

Maybe Blizzard should just make Wow a single player game so we won't have to hurt each other's feelings anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As if that was the only thing.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/female-...ersions-324371

I guess Black Temple is next?

Bunch of medieval age wannabe cunts.
    Jesus christ man.. we're hitting new levels of SJW right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should just make Wow a single player game so we won't have to hurt each other's feelings anymore
    The suits would never sign off on it. Also, apparently all of Blizzard's cutscene animators disappeared about SC2, given the abysmal quality of WoW's ingame cutscenes.

People cry for change, and get mad when it happens. You deserve it.

Not long til the Den of Mortal Delights is renamed the Venue of Totally Consensual Activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard is so intoxicated with this political correctness nonsense that they forgot about that genocide plotline they wrote not so long ago, which culprit they are in the process of redeeming

But sure, I'm certain that removing the /whistle emote will send a strong message.
    It's okay to genocide, it's not okay to make people feel anything other than PURCHASE EUPHORIA from their Activision Blizzard product experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Are you seriously going to assume that the people who are mad at these changes, also wanted them? That's not what people wanted at all.

Male Succubi being added in 3, 2, 1...

Who the fuck do they think are their market? It's a boomer game played by boomers and dads.

This company is doing their best to make me hate them more every day. So fucking out of touch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    World of Warcraft: Let's you waltz into people's homes and slaughter them in cold blood as they beg for their puny lives. Let's you split the skulls of prisoners open with a shovel. Let's you participate in horrific Unit 731 style human experimentation (you know, stuff that got Axis scientists hanged for at Nuremburg). Let's you invade other countries and use gas, atomic bombs, and napalm to wipe out entire cities.

Also World of Warcraft: oh, we can't have our nazi dictator call someone "bitch", or have sexy paintings, insult other people in a PvP game.
    Context has no meaning to the ideologues in charge at Blizzard.

This is what happens when the HR department dictates what is acceptable in a fantasy game.

- - - Updated - - -

God these people are actually insufferable. I don't understand what this actually achieves?

Obviously the current player base is not their target audience anymore. They are sending strong signals to us that they would rather see us go than let people enjoy a fantasy game as it was originally intended

Male Succubi being added in 3, 2, 1...
    I'd be completely fine with this. Make the crude stuff equal rather than removing anything remotely risque is the better way to go.

(I'm not bothered about the emotes getting removed - I just think it's a bit of a pointless change).
    Last edited by Toybox; 2021-09-29 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I'd be completely fine with this. Make the crude stuff equal rather than removing anything remotely risque is the better way to go.
    Please, everyone here knows if it is changed it won't be for that, it'll be a square with some attached texture on it, maybe some wings and horns and they'll just call it "SuccubX".

Or maybe something else... that "succ" in the name might be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Who the fuck do they think are their market? It's a boomer game played by boomers and dads.

This company is doing their best to make me hate them more every day. So fucking out of touch

- - - Updated - - -

Context has no meaning to the ideologues in charge at Blizzard.

This is what happens when the HR department dictates what is acceptable in a fantasy game.

- - - Updated - - -

God these people are actually insufferable. I don't understand what this actually achieves?

Obviously the current player base is not their target audience anymore. They are sending strong signals to us that they would rather see us go than let people enjoy a fantasy game as it was originally intended
    Blizzard is pretty much just like modern ArenaNet now. The oldguard are gone and you're left with people who do not give a rat's ass about the franchise, who wish they were making something else (but their ideas are unpopular so they can't get funding for it), so they instead hijacked a prestablished property - someone else's lovingly handcrafted world - and will trash it to push their own stories and pat themselves on the back for it.

Blizzard is pretty much just like modern ArenaNet now. The oldguard are gone and you're left with people who do not give a rat's ass about the franchise, who wish they were making something else (but their ideas are unpopular so they can't get funding for it), so they instead hijacked a prestablished property - someone else's lovingly handcrafted world - and will trash it to push their own stories and pat themselves on the back for it.
    Yeah that's right. No one wants to buy or play the shit they would make so they become parasites to established franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yeah I half blame Asmogold for the spit on the people with lizards campaign for the emote removal

Also the rating can't go down. To E10 for the simple fact of the subscription fee...ESRB I don't think has ever retroactively lowered a rating ever
    This is an interesting fact.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Toxic streams getting fans to mass use emotes to harass people and then a in-house harassment scandal, what did people think would happen?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Please point out where people wanted /stink and other emotes changed or removed. I'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Please, everyone here knows if it is changed it won't be for that, it'll be a square with some attached texture on it, maybe some wings and horns and they'll just call it "SuccubX".

Or maybe something else... that "succ" in the name might be problematic.
    Actually the more annoying part is that they never bothered to properly add a male counterpart to the succubus. They kind of pigeonholed satyrs in the place of incubi, but that just makes things more confusing overall because there are female satyrs in WoW and they've failed to add in a male counterpart of the succubus for warlock pets.

If you're going to have sex demons in a game at least put some effort into it and have the basic binary gendered demons available(succubi and incubi), or alternatively you go a different route like the Daedra in the Elder Scrolls lore or Slaanesh in Warhammer lore. I think the Daedra approach would've been better overall for WoW, cause Slaanesh is more explicit overall whereas the Daedra vary individually.

In the end I think they should just add incubi to WoW, because it would be much more consistent and be less weird for players than just removing the succubi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't be bothered to wait.

The only "outcry" literally a few people had was certain streamers enabling the idea of using /spit on people who bought store stuff, because it was down right petty and immature. No one asked for /spit to be removed, along with /stink and also other emotes to be changed like /fart. I mean what in the fuck.

Edit: To clarify, only talking about outcry anyone had with emotes, not Blizzard sexual harassment lawsuit.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-09-30 at 12:02 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

how is equal opportunity prostitution medieval?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Toxic streams getting fans to mass use emotes to harass people and then a in-house harassment scandal, what did people think would happen?
    I been getting spit on and having the The Flag of Ownership planted on me for over a decade now. Im positive those numbers dwarf anything that streamers chat could generate..