Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Soon all player consumble alcohol will be removed because it 'sets unrealistic standards over serious real life matters'
    Potions and flasks renamed into vaccines because we are in this together
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-09-30 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    normally, i would agree with you. but this ridiculous move just shows spit would've been removed anyways. if /pizza and /doom are getting removed, literally nothing is safe.
    I think /pizza is being removed since no one remembers where the joke came from

And holy shit it's still there

https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-363

i dont see reason to remove them, but to be fair in over 16 years of playing wow i never used any of them so i dont really care...

actualy, most of them i didnt even see someone else use in that time...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Several emotes such as fart, burp, cough, pounce, kick, punch, moon, rear, drool, stink, whistle, moan, and more have been removed. Why was this necessary no one had a problem with emotes. The problem was the employees at Blizzard. Does the company not get that??

Even /pizza and /doom have been removed.

What's next? The rating changed from T to E10? That looks like the direction we're going.
    Who even uses those emotes? U feel the need to ./spit at others often?? Maybe u should focus on being nicer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard when they deleted a few emotes that were not even slightly inappropriate while their employee still suffer from mysoginism, harassment and rape:
    Looks like the kid that spams ./fart in LFR, batllegrounds, auction house n ends up being put on ignore by everyone

5+ Year Old Account
    When I first learned about these changes. I said to myself. "Maybe they should focus more on actually giving people content instead of removing and replacing stuff that honestly doesn't really need to be replaced." These changes aren't gonna stop the sexual harassment that was/is happening. Kinda feels like they are blaming the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yeah I half blame Asmogold for the spit on the people with lizards campaign for the emote removal

Also the rating can't go down. To E10 for the simple fact of the subscription fee...ESRB I don't think has ever retroactively lowered a rating ever
    Pretty much this. I don’t really disagree, as people do use them basically as a form of harassment/toxicity, but it’s basically happened because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What a sad state of affairs. Just turn WoW into a kids game already, at this point most Disney shows would be considered more mature with even better writing.
    The very essence of Blizzard Entertainment is fading. The charm, wit and fun is going away with all these unecessary changes. Yes, some of it is dirty, silly and even stupid, but thats what Blizzard put in their games that made it fun to begin with.

Yes, it sucks that some indiviuals goes to far, and people get treated unfairly and outright bad. But in the end, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo and so on are video games, fantasy and entertainment. It is possible to make a silly game and be serious and nice at the same time.

Just wait for the race emotes to be gone. The Highmountain and Nightborne jokes are next. Sadly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    FF14:

WoW:

• FF14: Keeps adding sexy/naughty/suggestive content
    • WoW: Keeps removing sexy/naughty/suggestive content, covers women up, or replaces them with fruit.

ONE THIRD of FF14's playerbase are women.

Figure out why, Blizz.
    Uh, since im not a weeb, i'd rather play a fruit paladin than cringy furry bunny people..

Nothing wrong with suggestive content, just not the pervy stuff ff14 is pushing, they even got a race that looks like kids fer chrissakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Why do so many women like playing skimpy, sexy women in fantasy games? Why? WHY?!

Count how many women cosplay as original Sally Whitemane.

Now count how many women cosplay as DK Sally.

When you reach the conclusion, get back to me.

Now, as for the guys...

It's a mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    not the pervy stuff ff14 is pushing, they even got a race that looks like kids fer chrissakes..

Imagine that.

Who even uses those emotes? U feel the need to ./spit at others often?? Maybe u should focus on being nicer?

Looks like the kid that spams ./fart in LFR, batllegrounds, auction house n ends up being put on ignore by everyone
    The /spit emote was the start of it because Asmongold convinced his cult to spam it on anyone that has store mounts. I have a feeling the other emotes removed were used in similar ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, since im not a weeb, i'd rather play a fruit paladin than cringy furry bunny people..

Nothing wrong with suggestive content, just not the pervy stuff ff14 is pushing, they even got a race that looks like kids fer chrissakes..
    But....you're ok with playing fox people, cow people, wolf people, and panda people like in WoW? Also, Lalafell are no worse than Gnomes in WoW. I agree that child-like races are gross but stop pretending WoW is better because are races with bunny and cat ears in FFXIV. There's only one true beast race in FFXIV. WoW has FIVE.

- - - Updated - - -

Count how many women cosplay as original Sally Whitemane.

Now count how many women cosplay as DK Sally.

When you reach the conclusion, get back to me.

Now, as for the guys...

It's a mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine that.
    The reason that women cosplay as the skimpier dressed characters is likely because sex sells and gets them more photo ops. The majority of my friends who cosplay say they chose the skimpier outfits because when they dressed as more heavily clothed/armored characters, they got next to no attention and typically didn't get offers from photographers either.

WoW is in a really sad state and it just keeps getting sadder with every expansion now.
    If you think about all these politically correct and woke changes you will realize that from now on every single decision, every single design, every idea will have to go though a filter to meet these politically correct norms. It's so sad to see it happening to WoW cause I know how it changed movies and other stuff already and it just isn't good at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But....you're ok with playing fox people, cow people, wolf people, and panda people like in WoW? Also, Lalafell are no worse than Gnomes in WoW. I agree that child-like races are gross but stop pretending WoW is better because are races with bunny and cat ears in FFXIV. There's only one true beast race in FFXIV. WoW has FIVE.
    Gnomes look like adults, tiny adults with some child like behavior

Look at size of his nose, big nose, shows gnomes related to big-nosed dw0rfs. Not very child-like nose

Lanafel ARE CHILDREN, nothing remotely adult about those creepy little shits...
    big difference between acting immature n looking no different to actual children.

While fem gnomes can act childish, they are no different to an adult human acting childish. FF14 takes several too many steps further straight into pedo territory..

Lanafel look like they are children to adult gnomes, but are treated by ff14 as adults...gross!

As for foxes, in the horde campaign there's nothing creepy about those NPCs, kinda neat characters n they should never have ruined them by letting them become playable by all the furries..

Someone is turned on by..cows?...ugh..but majority of tauren players play for other reasons like tauren having more hp, look cool, look strong, etc.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-09-30 at 09:01 AM.

The reason that women cosplay as the skimpier dressed characters is likely because sex sells and gets them more photo ops. The majority of my friends who cosplay say they chose the skimpier outfits because when they dressed as more heavily clothed/armored characters, they got next to no attention and typically didn't get offers from photographers either.
    The reason that women cosplay like that, is because it is their choice. No one is forcing them to craft (in some cases) and wear those cosplay outfits. It is their choice. Quit pretending like it is anything else.

FF14:

WoW:

• FF14: Keeps adding sexy/naughty/suggestive content
    • WoW: Keeps removing sexy/naughty/suggestive content, covers women up, or replaces them with fruit.

ONE THIRD of FF14's playerbase are women.

Figure out why, Blizz.
    They are aware. There is no way they are unaware.

The biggest climb in subscriptions (popularity) is when they made these two races. Not the peak, but it sure helped.

Which someone could find me the quote that Blizzard made those particularly to appeal to women. As they didn't want to play other races on the Horde. Oh btw women weren't ostracized and degraded about what they could wear at that time either.

Legion was the first expansion I stayed subscribed the entirety of the expansion. As they did such a great job with that one. The addition of several new races probably helped me have incentive to stay btw.

Too bad with the upcoming patch they barely did anything for them. (Address the real issues people had with them) In reality they probably didn't even need to add Allied races to begin with. Would've been better off doing a plethora of customization on core races. Using some of those ideas there.

Still my argument would be numbers don't lie. I heard a claim out there that they can twist the narrative so it lies and I understand where it is coming from. (but I'm not talking about profit here. I'm talking about losing customers.) Still the number of people subscribed, the number of people looking at their new products is something that they are unable to dispute. I am pretty certain they know what the people want. It is certainly not oppression on women and censorship of material. Currently. The oppressive message was there for years (which I asked them nicely to stop pressing those messages for a long time) they have just recently tried to shift it on women trying to demoralize and victim blame/shame for the abuse some women receive.

Oh and thank you for reminding me what they did to Sally Whitemane...made her a literal cold dead shell.
    Hmm I wonder why more women choose the original concept. Caster, fun mog. Gee I wonder.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-09-30 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    The reason that women cosplay like that, is because it is their choice. No one is forcing them to craft (in some cases) and wear those cosplay outfits. It is their choice. Quit pretending like it is anything else.

They are aware. There is no way they are unaware.

The biggest climb in subscriptions (popularity) is when they made these two races. Not the peak, but it sure helped.

Which someone could find me the quote that Blizzard made those particularly to appeal to women. As they didn't want to play other races on the Horde. Oh btw women weren't ostracized and degraded about what they could wear at that time either.

Legion was the first expansion I stayed subscribed the entirety of the expansion. As they did such a great job with that one. The addition of several new races probably helped me have incentive to stay btw.

Too bad with the upcoming patch they barely did anything for them. In reality they probably didn't even need to add Allied races to begin with. Would've been better off doing a plethora of customization on core races. Using some of those ideas there.

Still my argument would be numbers don't lie. I heard a claim out there that they can twist the narrative so it lies and I understand where it is coming from. (but I'm not talking about profit here. I'm talking about losing customers.) Still the number of people subscribed, the number of people looking at their new products is something that they are unable to dispute. I am pretty certain they know what the people want. It is certainly not oppression on women and censorship of material.
    If a woman is a professional cosplayer, then not doing skimpier cosplays loses them money. So sure it's a choice but it's a choice that would cause them to lose photo ops.

Look at size of his nose, big nose, shows gnomes related to big-nosed dw0rfs. Not very child-like nose

big difference between acting immature n looking no different to actual children.

While fem gnomes can act childish, they are no different to an adult human acting childish. FF14 takes several too many steps further straight into pedo territory..

Lanafel look like they are children to adult gnomes, but are treated by ff14 as adults...gross!

As for foxes, in the horde campaign there's nothing creepy about those NPCs, kinda neat characters n they should never have ruined them by letting them become playable by all the furries..

Someone is turned on by..cows?...ugh..but majority of tauren players play for other reasons like tauren having more hp, look cool, look strong, etc.
    Oh here come the weirdo FF haters.

You can't even spell the correct name of that race you're talking about. You pretty much don't know anything about the game and think the only armour sets are the skimpy ones because well, you just don't know anything about the game and are just regurgitating what you've heard on the usual ff hate threads.

Humans make stories with heavy touch from past history. Genocide and rape being a big part of history (Burning Legion, Outland orc-on-draenei rape stories anyone?). They will still keep going to be part of storytelling. Just not with Blizzard. Fuck Blizzard.

Kind reminder that people said it wouldnt happen to other emotes OMEGALUL.
    Yes yes everyone was a doomsayer blah blah blah.
    Nice Orwellian times we re living in.

- - - Updated - - -

Cope harder while WoW gets turned to a half censored disneyland ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i consider myself a leftist when it comes to politics but oh boy, in good old murrica you boys are in a completely different level. i would definitely vote rep if i was a resident.

just sayin'
    Today's Leftie in the US would consider a Left leaning European an alt right.

If a woman is a professional cosplayer, then not doing skimpier cosplays loses them money. So sure it's a choice but it's a choice that would cause them to lose photo ops.
    Why would this be the woman's fault? It wouldn't. She would find work with another individual that shares the same views. Quit trying to blame attire or lack of it. Quit feeding lies of oppression. If a toddler was assaulted would you really have the audacity to blame it on attire? Is this a real thing people are trying to insinuate? What does it matter the age? Toddler, child, pre-teen, teenager, Adult. No one deserves that behavior period and it has absolutely nothing to do with attire. Don't ever justify this behavior.

"Well the media has propagated all this sexualization overtime and it is the media to blame. So we should censor right?" What about history? When media didn't even exist. It was extremely prevalent and everyone knows that. Are you really going to blame attire back then to? (Because there sure wasn't current attire we have created and worn in a more evolved society) I refuse to believe in oppressive lies and I support individuals being able to express themselves however they want.

Speaking of the media. They have finally come to the realization the past couple of years to not victim shame/blame. To stop protecting the predator. Oh and that attire has nothing to do with it. Also they shouldn't try and degrade a victim under any circumstances. Please have the nerve to tell a real victim that it was their fault. Yet Blizzard fails to acknowledge all the movements (women wanting to express themselves freely worldwide) and news (people getting fired because they were trying to degrade/demoralize/harass women over attire) that has happened worldwide. Instead they decide to push an oppressive lie and destroy creative expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Cope harder while WoW gets turned to a half censored disneyland ride.
    It never was this. That was the point of my first post in my thread with statistics.

WoW has Gnomes, which look like Toddlers tbh...