Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are WoW players fit?

We all know we were skinny or fat nerds with pimples during the good ol' days.

Now gaming and WoW are more mainstream. They appeal to actually attractive people.

Have you gotten in shape? Or did becoming a dad give you the dad bod.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly every Bodybuilder mate I've ever had has been an MMO player.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Or did becoming a dad give you the dad bod.
    Uhhhh....
    .......yup.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

i am can not speak for others.

Taken the general population and add to the fact with few exceptions gaming is a non physical activity odds are the majority would fall on the fatter side.

I was homeschooled so I didn't grow up eating garbage school lunches, was never taught the shoddy food pyramid, and thus didn't learn to overeat and get diabetes. I don't gorge on junk food and candy. I don't drink and thus don't have beer gut either. I am more fit than the vast majority of people I see (most Californians are obese, which is really sad). Pretty much the only people who are healthier than me are the dudes who go to the gyms to lift weight and build muscles.

Seriously guys. Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. 90% of looking good is having low body fat. You don't need to have bodybuilder levels of low body fat (women think that those Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque body builders with veins popping out look ugly), but you need to be reasonable. If you don't know how to lose weight, it just comes down to diet. Just eat fewer calories than you burn. Don't go on a starvation spree. Stop eating chips filled with empty calories and eat satisfying healthy food like salad. Be patient and you'll lose weight.

Knowing these forums the answers will be either joke ones about being fat or people saying they are basically in super human shape, its the same in the ones where the threads about I.Q or Education or How much money people make, everyone here is built like superman/woman 6 foot 8 200 kilos rich with the I.Q of everyone else combined... just my 2 cents

I've almost been always technically overweight, but it was due to muscle mass despite my smaller height. While the proportions have shifted slightly due to my inability to even walk easily anymore (and being a dad doesn't help ), I've still retained a lot of my muscle mass. Wife still grabs my butt and flirts with me, so I'm comfortable where I'm at!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

the vast majority arent

10+ Year Old Account

Now gaming and WoW are more mainstream. They appeal to actually attractive people.

I am 6ft and used to be 172lbs.

Then the fire Nation attacked.

Fire Nation = going back to school for a degree, having a kid right smack in the middle of third year (roughest year) of mechanical engineering.

Now iam still 6ft. But have a fairly round dad bod of 198lbs.

People will tell you diet this, work out that. Trust me. Nothing. NOTHING. AT ALL. Makes your body pack fat like lack of sleep does. Nothing.

Wife still thinks I rock though so I think I'm winning.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was homeschooled so I didn't grow up eating garbage school lunches, was never taught the shoddy food pyramid, and thus didn't learn to overeat and get diabetes. I don't gorge on junk food and candy. I don't drink and thus don't have beer gut either. I am more fit than the vast majority of people I see (most Californians are obese, which is really sad). Pretty much the only people who are healthier than me are the dudes who go to the gyms to lift weight and build muscles.

Seriously guys. Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. 90% of looking good is having low body fat. You don't need to have bodybuilder levels of low body fat (women think that those Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque body builders with veins popping out look ugly), but you need to be reasonable. If you don't know how to lose weight, it just comes down to diet. Just eat fewer calories than you burn. Don't go on a starvation spree. Stop eating chips filled with empty calories and eat satisfying healthy food like salad. Be patient and you'll lose weight.
    I wouldn't go quite that far or you wouldn't have all the girls who find the MCU men hawt

10+ Year Old Account

Rocking the dad bod.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I cut all soda and most other sugars, lost about 35kg in a year or so. Still a bit on the chubby side but much better than before.

Wouldn't call myself fit though :P
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The last time I spent hours in the game to the point it affected my physique was during MoP.
    I'm almost thankful for WoD. *strikes a pose* I'm a lot healthier these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was homeschooled.
    What home schooled is? I am from Greece and i don't think we have something like that with some exceptions of course that are related to health reasons.

On topic i am pretty fit, it is dumb not to be fit, not eat well and exercise regularly, both are very important and become increasingly more important when as you age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, around 70kg. Could lose a bit off the hips(and working on it as we speak, lost 4kg the last few months) but I don't consider myself fat or anything. I take hikes in the forest often and have no problems walking for hours on end in difficult terrain so my stamina is pretty ok.

I'm no fast food junkie but I do have a weakness for candy and chips. Don't drink soda or excessive amounts of beer so that helps.

No mom bod here, but still got stretch marks from my younger years. Cursed inner thighs...

MMORPG grinding mindset works well in a gym. Doing reps is a lot like grinding dailies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Staying focused for longer helps if your fit so yeah most hardcore MMORPG players workout, vast majority is probably pale dudes/dudettes with dad / mom bods.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    MMORPG grinding mindset works well in a gym. Doing reps is a lot like grinding dailies.
    Lol this is true. If I could grind through Korthia rep, I can grind out another squat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Eh, around 70kg. Could lose a bit off the hips(and working on it as we speak, lost 4kg the last few months) but I don't consider myself fat or anything. I take hikes in the forest often and have no problems walking for hours on end in difficult terrain so my stamina is pretty ok.

I'm no fast food junkie but I do have a weakness for candy and chips. Don't drink soda or excessive amounts of beer so that helps.

No mom bod here, but still got stretch marks from my younger years. Cursed inner thighs...
    Chips are my kryptonite. If I open a pack, the bag is gone before I can put it down

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a post from years ago where a guy who was overweight and had not enough gaming time to make gold, made a construction with a treadmill and his computer. He would herb and mine while being on the treadmill, lost a bunch of kilo's and made a ton of gold in the process!