Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not really. Corrupting Azeroth would have meant he won. Why would he need anything else with a second Fel-Titan on his side? Pretty sure it was said somewhere (Illidan novel?) that most of the known universe is dead, thanks to the Legion.

You're also assuming he even knew we were in Antorus.
    He can corrupt Azeroth, sure. Just kill us and be done with it. He also needs the Soul of Argus, you know that yes? Also, why would he not know of our invasion of Antorus? The fuck? He's right there, and he clearly knew of our ritual with Argus and the Titan spirits, which is why he awakened Argus to begin with. Why would he not realize we were invading Antorus and stopping his ultimate Dark Pantheon plan from unfolding? The fuck???

Zovaal at least assumes us as literal fodder and knew Sylvanas and co could hold us off long enough so he could obtain the last sigil. Hell, he DOES actively try to stop us a couple of times also, granted he doesn't kill us cause of his "serve all" philosophy, which is also dumb asf, but that in itself doesn't matter with my point.

Sargeras wants us DEAD! Why not fucking KILL US??? WE ARE RIGHT THERE!!!!

there are 86 billion brain cells.

you only need at least one to understand that Eternal Ones are ants to the Titans.

anyone claiming otherwise are gigantic Shadowlands fanatics... if that even exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, the Eternal Ones are one of the most laughable "high power NPCs" in Warcraft. Not only seem they to be incredibly weak in comparison, but they're incredibly dumb on top of that. I think only the Primus has shown at least some qualities, the Winter Queen and the Archon are beyond ridiculous and helpless. Denathrius is okayish as he was depicted as a villain we beat in the first raid. But the two ladies? Laughable, absolutely laughable.

I have no idea how anyone with a clear mind can say that Zovaal is rivaling Sargeras in power or that the Eternal Ones are the same level as Titans like Aggramar or Eonar - just lol.
    I think Archon is probably the dumbest character in the entire history of WoW.

not that the standard was high but still.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-10-05 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    there are 86 billion brain cells.

you only need at least one to understand that Eternal Ones are ants to the Titans.

anyone claiming otherwise are gigantic Shadowlands fanatics... if that even exists.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Archon is probably the dumbest character in the entire history of WoW.

not that the standard is high but still.
    To say that is to literally ignore the lore, but whatever you say there bud. Totally just ignore the Pantheon of Death's fucking meaning...

But yes, the Archon is an actual idiot. Sylvanas rivals this only.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I find this funny, when you consider Sargeras and Elune are also fucking morons.
    What have they done to shows the are morons?

Based on just the story we get in game the Eternal Ones we met are weakened due to the anime drought, most realms barely functioning. Their power seems to be tied to the souls they have sway over hence why Elune tried to send the Winter Queen more souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    What have they done to shows the are morons?

Based on just the story we get in game the Eternal Ones we met are weakened due to the anime drought, most realms barely functioning. Their power seems to be tied to the souls they have sway over hence why Elune tried to send the Winter Queen more souls.
    Yet Elune simply ignored the idea that maybe the Souls weren't going to Ardenweald? Did she not realize Tyrande wanted to stop Sylvanas for a reason? Did she not sense ANYTHING throughout SL?? Did the other Cosmic Pantheons not realize that MAYBE the Shadowlands is in trouble?

The drought literally doesn't mean shit when you compare intelligence. The Archon is an actual dipshit, since she and her Kyrian were literally sending souls to the Maw, after like 90 things basically telling her not to, since that's their "sacred charge". lmao wtf...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Isn't that the case with at least half the bosses in SoD? Also doesn't change the fact that Sylvanas is stronger then Denathrius.
    I clearly fucking explained to you why she's stronger.

Also, no. That is not the case when compared to Sylvanas, tf?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. technically he's not wrong... just from an another perspective.

The new Blizz narrative team is acting like a very very bad fanfic writing group... we had established some rules in lore before, then come in the riders of Danusercalypse and "Expands" (not nescessary retcon) the lore by just telling us here is this BDSM blue guy who is actually Titan++ power level that's behind everything that ever happened with his 40D chess but there is just 0 explanation behind his motives or why is he so powerfull...

Same for the other Ethernal Ones. We're told they're titan power level with nothing to prove that

I had more connection to that mana addict withered dude in Azsuna than to any new Shadowlands character. I don't care about this knock off Thanos with his infinity sigils... I want to know what is Turalyon up to or how Kargath Bladefist wipes his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post
    WoW's big-bad power creep has gotten so absurd it's transcended Dragon Ball.
    Not quite yet. The beginning of Dragonball Super has Goku and Beerus tearing apart the universe by merely fighting. We've got some room to get more ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet Elune simply ignored the idea that maybe the Souls weren't going to Ardenweald? Did she not realize Tyrande wanted to stop Sylvanas for a reason? Did she not sense ANYTHING throughout SL?? Did the other Cosmic Pantheons not realize that MAYBE the Shadowlands is in trouble?

The drought literally doesn't mean shit when you compare intelligence. The Archon is an actual dipshit, since she and her Kyrian were literally sending souls to the Maw, after like 90 things basically telling her not to, since that's their "sacred charge". lmao wtf...

- - - Updated - - -

I clearly fucking explained to you why she's stronger.

Elune sent the souls during the lead up to Shadowlands, at that point no one outside of the Shadowlands knew about the drought.

The Archon is an example of being too lawful, the rules matter first and foremost. Also the Mawsworn were the ones sending the souls to the maw which is why she didn't find out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post
    WoW's big-bad power creep has gotten so absurd it's transcended Dragon Ball.
    Sure, every expansion wild life are higher level than you in prior level...

Azeroth would've been in trouble had those fauna attacked!

He can corrupt Azeroth, sure. Just kill us and be done with it. He also needs the Soul of Argus, you know that yes? Also, why would he not know of our invasion of Antorus? The fuck? He's right there, and he clearly knew of our ritual with Argus and the Titan spirits, which is why he awakened Argus to begin with. Why would he not realize we were invading Antorus and stopping his ultimate Dark Pantheon plan from unfolding? The fuck???
    I actually entirely forgot Sargeras speaks in that cutscene. But at that point he's already well into corrupting Azeroth and clearly found the idea of a small handful of mortals defeating a Titan ludicrous. Which I mean, honestly...

Sargeras wants us DEAD! Why not fucking KILL US??? WE ARE RIGHT THERE!!!!
    He doesn't want us dead, he wants Azeroth. This is the thing, the place he's been trying to get to ever since the Highborn gave away it's existence. This is what he wanted. He's already midway through corrupting it. Moments away from completion. It's entirely understandable why he wouldn't want to stop when so close to the final solution to a yen thousand year quest.

No you didn't. Also why didn't the janitor empower Denathrius? Or the Painsmith? Or the mawsworn? Or his own forces? He has all this anima but only Sylvanas gets a big power boost? That's not really a smart thing to do. Unless the Eternal ones aren't that strong in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Sure, every expansion wild life are higher level than you in prior level...

Azeroth would've been in trouble had those fauna attacked!
    Power creep in terms of lore/storytelling, not the arbitrary number next to a mob.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

I dont know if they are more powerful, personally i dont see them being even close to them, but they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more stupid.

Like i see my characters getting back to the covenant HQ like "hey dumbass im back"

Lets be real does anyone think if a normal titan (not baby, not avatar, not corrupted) was in the shadowlands in our side, we would be in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    No you didn't. Also why didn't the janitor empower Denathrius? Or the Painsmith? Or the mawsworn? Or his own forces? He has all this anima but only Sylvanas gets a big power boost? That's not really a smart thing to do. Unless the Eternal ones aren't that strong in the first place.
    Well, for starters, Denathrius believed in his own power and was going to his share after defeating the Champions, not to mention he was weakened and kinda knew Remornia would come in clutch regardless, so...

Also, pretty sure Zovaal would favor Sylvanas AKA his BUSINESS PARTER over minions such as Raznal, or the other Mawsworn. Also doesn't help that Sylvanas was literally right next to Zovaal, hence making her empowerments much more noticeable.

"That's not really a smart thing to do." I mean, nothing implies his minions didn't get a boost. If anything, Sylvanas simply got a bigger boost than the rest of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I actually entirely forgot Sargeras speaks in that cutscene. But at that point he's already well into corrupting Azeroth and clearly found the idea of a small handful of mortals defeating a Titan ludicrous. Which I mean, honestly...

He doesn't want us dead, he wants Azeroth. This is the thing, the place he's been trying to get to ever since the Highborn gave away it's existence. This is what he wanted. He's already midway through corrupting it. Moments away from completion. It's entirely understandable why he wouldn't want to stop when so close to the final solution to a yen thousand year quest.
    He literally did not hesitate to send Argus for us. Why the fuck would he want Azeroth over our demise? We are literally his ONLY blocking point towards victory. The least he could do is step in and glare us to death. It's not like he had anything to lose, dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    I dont know if they are more powerful, personally i dont see them being even close to them, but they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more stupid.

Like i see my characters getting back to the covenant HQ like "hey dumbass im back"

Lets be real does anyone think if a normal titan (not baby, not avatar, not corrupted) was in the shadowlands in our side, we would be in this situation?
    Uhm, yes? Kinda doesn't help they not only failed to stop Sargeras, but they also were dumb enough as to try and talk him down from his plan RIGHT AFTER Sargeras beat the everliving shit out of Aggramar, proving that he kinda can't fuckin change from all this. They do this same shit with Zovaal, too. Except there, they won the first time.

"(not baby, not avatar, not corrupted)" Why does any of this matter? What does any of this change? Quit wanking the Titans bro.

Well, for starters, Denathrius believed in his own power and was going to his share after defeating the Champions, not to mention he was weakened and kinda knew Remornia would come in clutch regardless, so...

Also, pretty sure Zovaal would favor Sylvanas AKA his BUSINESS PARTER over minions such as Raznal, or the other Mawsworn. Also doesn't help that Sylvanas was literally right next to Zovaal, hence making her empowerments much more noticeable.
    So what you're saying is that the Eternal Ones are really weak. And that Sylvanas is stronger then them. Glad we agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal ones suck.

They are clearly an afterthought. Blizzard spent years telling us how Titans are incredibly strong and powerful, then suddenly we are supposed to scratch that, because the Eternal ones are incredibly strong and powerful +1!
    They made a terrible job at delivering them and so far they have been super stupid usually

Uhm, yes? Kinda doesn't help they not only failed to stop Sargeras, but they also were dumb enough as to try and talk him down from his plan RIGHT AFTER Sargeras beat the everliving shit out of Aggramar, proving that he kinda can't fuckin change from all this. They do this same shit with Zovaal, too. Except there, they won the first time.

"(not baby, not avatar, not corrupted)" Why does any of this matter? What does any of this change? Quit wanking the Titans bro.
    Well, no, i dont think so, Sargeras was his brother, i understand why their first try was to talk to him, they fought him after he killed aggramar, it makes sense

What do you mean what does it matter? it is the same punching a baby than punching an adult?

The eternal ones are stupid, one was a traitor, one was yeeted by a human with a sword that couldnt even kill thrall and jaina, so he isnt empowered or something like that, another was abducted, and the other one had the wonderful idea of hiding one of the most important items in the cosmos in the obvious unguarded main tree in her forest.

The titans were stupid for a lot of things, but the eternal ones are not different, both sealed an evil (zovaal, old gods) and will help us kill said evil, or another one (zovaal, sargeras), they are literally a copy paste.

If someone really thinks that the winter queen or the archon would be able to kill sargeras, even before he was fel corrupted, is in extreme copium.

Denathrius and the primus are the only ones who seem to be showing any initiative. Althou ive yet to see the primus actually fight.

The archon and the winter queen seems more like glorified administrators and appears to be utterly incapable of doing anything themselves.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

"ThEY ArE ThE SIZe OF PlANETs"

Even tho Argus can end all of existence in 1 go, the Heroes of Azeroth when amp'd with enough borrowed power can destroy Old Gods and even battle Titans, and Zovaal with the Sepulcher's knowledge can unmake the entire WoW Cosmos and reshape it in his own image.

None of them are "planet sized", but sure. Let's make everything about Warcraft's power "size" based. Cause that makes sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Wanna know which franchises destroy this argument? DC, Marvel, Dragon Ball, Madoka Magica, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I find this funny, when you consider Sargeras and Elune are also fucking morons.

- - - Updated - - -

The Eternal Ones are NOT building size. What the fuck???
    Awwwwwww, i so miss you, my little Eternal One's fanboy

Also, it's seems like Argus can destroy all life only because Throne of Pantheon. And Eternall Ones still trash compared to Titans

- - - Updated - - -

Did she not realize Tyrande wanted to stop Sylvanas for a reason?
    Teldrassil, maybe?.. Not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    If someone really thinks that the winter queen or the archon would be able to kill sargeras, even before he was fel corrupted, is in extreme copium.
    Isn't Sargeras the exception, not the rule? He "killed" all of the other titans working together. The Eternal Ones can still fail to kill him, and it doesn't make them weaker than the titans. It just makes them weaker than Sargeras, who is already the strongest titan we know of. It says nothing about the scale of their power compared to Eonar or Aman'thul.

Discarding Sargeras, the Titans' main claim to power is crushing an old god, bestowing power to the Aspects, ordering Azeroth, and the like. These seem on par with things Eternal Ones have done: crushing minions of the void, empowering beings like the Margraves and Paragons, and creating and bringing order to realms of the Shadowlands. They fill the same niche in the Shadow Lands as Titans fill in the material realm.