Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    This is the most stupid
    No it isn't. Retail that way --->

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Quick question,

But any word on the EU Open Beta opening time? I assume 5th October is for USA only, as it has appeared on the launcher, but just curious, as I cannot find much information regarding time and such.

Any info would be great, thanks!
    If it's an open beta it'll likely just be on the PTR servers or something and be both NA and EU, but it will be all on NA servers.

World buffs shouldn't work in current phase raids, my 2c. Noone wants farm to take longer than necessary and world buffs should act as catchup mechanics / buffs for groups falling behind in the previous phases raids, leave "progression" as world buff free

Not a fan of the 2 months between raid releases. Seems like it may be a bit rough to get a team geared enough for the next tier of content. 40 people in 2 months will be iffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Not a fan of the 2 months between raid releases. Seems like it may be a bit rough to get a team geared enough for the next tier of content. 40 people in 2 months will be iffy.
    My guess is, this new version of Classic is not for the casual gamer. If you aren't willing to sweat through your seat, then it's not going to be a good time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My guess is, this new version of Classic is not for the casual gamer. If you aren't willing to sweat through your seat, then it's not going to be a good time.
    Could very well be the case. Just trying to imagine going through Nax with a mixed bag of thrown together gear, especially with the challenged turned up a notch with no world buffs. Will be interesting to watch though.

2 months per phase is blisteringly fast assuming they don't touch drop rates. On top of world buff removal and increased boss health, players will be going into new phases with half BiS or quarter BiS.

Edit: They confirmed today that they won’t modify drop rates. So it’s looking like AQ and Naxx will be significant challenges.
    Last edited by Mightytasty; 2021-10-06 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    2 months per phase is blisteringly fast assuming they don't touch drop rates. On top of world buff removal and increased boss health, players will be going into new phases with half BiS or quarter BiS.
    Which is Still hell lot better gear than we did back in vanilla anyway ;p

Love what I’ve seen, want to see class changes, if only to move the Meta around, or make certain classes moreso viable.

The speed of updates makes me wonder if we could see content drop and be completely impossible do to lack of gear from the previous tier(which would in effect keep other content relevant for a bit longer).

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Which is Still hell lot better gear than we did back in vanilla anyway ;p
    no,in vanila people had way more gear considering how much longer it took to clear the raids,if anything was different it was poorer optimized gear,like some greens and blues are better than many epics,back then people used purples even if they were bad

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly not enough for me to come back, but I hope the people who enjoy this type of thing do get enjoyment out of it.

My personal thoughts are that they should've went a bit more wild on the changes, all the while keeping the fundamentals the same (which I doubt they would deviate from).

World buffs to me are a complete mixed bag. I don't think Blizzard realizes that most of the people who play Classic certainly don't play it for actual hard content. However, there's a good portion of people who play Classic that also didn't like to feel 'forced' to grab world buffs every single week either. While I think the chrono thing they added at the end of Classic was an excellent change, it still doesn't get around the whole issue of how awful it feels to die, let alone have your entire raid group wipe after collecting everything. I think an overall better solution would be to lock world buffs for the first month of a tier for that particular raid instance, and then just open them up. Everything is accelerated anyways, and being able to blast through things you've already cleared would be nice.

Difficulty changes are lazy and personally I think HP increases are lazy. The amount of damage your raid is going to gain from unlimited debuffs isn't that massive, and with the removal of world buffs you're already going to run into a situation where people will actually have to see the mechanics. I would've much preferred new mechanics as opposed to increased health (although increased health on a few bosses does make sense). Aside from Firemaw for instance, there is nothing remotely interesting or compelling about fighting Ebonroc or a Flamemaw that has increased health values. Potential changes by adding abilities would've been fun, even if they were fairly simple.

While world buffs disappearing certainly reigns in some of fury warrior dominance, it still doesn't change the overall meta of how classic WoW is played. Most hybrids are still DoA even with the debuff change, and the top classes are still going to be the top classes (even if the field does narrow). I'm sure there will be lots of REEES but some numeric or talent changes to shift things around a bit would certainly make the game feel a bit more fresh.

The pace to me seems fine, but the drop rates should probably be adjusted in raids TBH. If things are being released in 2-3x the time they were in the first iteration of classic, you should probably double the raid drops to compensate.

All in all, like I said, it's not enough for me to make it round three of playing Vanilla WoW (playing the OG Vanilla and Classic WoW). At this point in time I've played the game and did my victory lap, and while some people have comfort playing the same game over and over again, that's not me. For me to jump back in would require new content, balance changes while maintaining the foundation of how the game use to be.

It's a good first pass though. Hopefully they get more ballsy by the time they have a second or third seasonal Classic WoW launch and add more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    omg! bosses will now die on 60 seconds instead if 40!

dude, this is classic Skill>Gear

Is this the classic+ everyone wanted?

3+ Year Old Account
    Beta is looking good, but they still need to add more features: more loot per boss (x2 at least), enhanced/improved classes (especially meme ones), dual spec/free respec, anti-boosting measures (still not confirmed) and the most important one IMO: make just one PvP and one PvE server per region. Yes, it will be overcrowded the first two weeks, but then most people will probably quit. No more dead servers, 1 per region and we can all enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    make just one PvP and one PvE server per region.
    I hope they will do this. Even the biggest alliance server in my region is a ghost town right now when it comes to normal / heroic dungeon.

Should have started at 60 with 100g each if you got a lvl 60 on current realm. This version will be for the more hardcore and not casuals, no need for leveling again.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Should have started at 60 with 100g each if you got a lvl 60 on current realm. This version will be for the more hardcore and not casuals, no need for leveling again.
    Do you realize the vast majority of people want to play Classic/Fresh just to level up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Do you realize the vast majority of people want to play Classic/Fresh just to level up?
    Exactly. Why boost the quest experience then? That devalues the entire game for everyone, excluding hc-raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Exactly. Why boost the quest experience then? That devalues the entire game for everyone, excluding hc-raiders.
    Because this is the season of mastery, and it is (one of) the season's theme? Next time it will be something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Is this the classic+ everyone wanted?
    This isn't + enough for me personally. Based on what I'm seeing, this season will be a pass for me. When/If they revamp talents and change the awful pvp ranking system, I'll be interested.