Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    What's with the obsession with High Elf Paladins? Like when they have been even a thing to trigger such obsession?
    Elves are traditionally seen as champions of all things good and all that. Since we can almost make high elves on the Allaince now (apart from the wavy hair and occasionalyl turning voidy due to their racial ability) high elf paaldins on the Alliance - the "good (a.k.a. human)" faction are basically the next step towards traditional high fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think Blizz should just unlock all classes for all races.

I bet they will do eventually too. Also... lore shmore... it's like all races DK or Void Elves brainfart - they can make supporting lore fart for just about everything the moment they decide to add something like Belf model for Alliance and so on.

3+ Year Old Account
    Are there demons on Zandalar? Hmm. Maybe just say that Zandalari Warlocks use death magic and/or blood magic and follow 'darker' Loa such as Bwonsamdi?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I want new specs and new classes.
    Cosmetic minimal effort fluff is of course nice, but in a second expansion with nothing that adds to gameplay and with a slow content release the only thing that justifies my subscription is my guild, which as a whole is rather fatigued by Blizzard's lack of effort.

Removing class/race restrictions would be a great side-touch to actual new additions to the game, the Riftblade ideas and the other "class skin" variants that have been circulating recently are all cool, but I'd never prefer them over newly developed specs/classes. Only in addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehaw View Post
    Elves are traditionally seen as champions of all things good and all that. Since we can almost make high elves on the Allaince now (apart from the wavy hair and occasionalyl turning voidy due to their racial ability) high elf paaldins on the Alliance - the "good (a.k.a. human)" faction are basically the next step towards traditional high fantasy.
    I think that the issue of this argument is that none of this things are accurate, not regarding High Elves in Warcraft, neither on how the franchise has constantly tried to move away from the "good" faction and "bad" faction dichotomy since Warcraft 3.

High Elves being the "champions of all things good" has never been true in the Warcraft Universe. They are not evil, but they are very self involved and egotist. They came to be because of their inability to stop using arcane magic. They isolated themselves on their new kingdom and only allied with humanity out of convenience, and that alliance ended when it was no longer needed. High Elves have never been altruistic as a race. Again, this doesn't mean they are evil or bad, just that their primary concern was to secure their own lifestyle rather than serving a higher purpose.

Warcraft's fantasy exists on its own, and while it's of course informed by the wider genre, it has become its own thing. Warcraft's traditional High Elf fantasy Is about an isolationist and mysterious group of elves dedicated to protecting their way of life. The concept of Paladins as a traditional element of their culture is just nonexistent.

"Void" High elves could finally live out their fantasy of being a true High Elf champion of the Light.

Zandalari trolls can use a darker flair class option.

Also, unlock Worgen and Goblin Monks
    That makes no sense. The entire point of a void elf is that they cant touch "the light" it burns them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Taurens. Are. Not. Paladins! We do not worship the Light! We worship An'she! We are Sun Druids! We are only categorized as Paladins for gameplay purposes, because creating another heavy armor, magic wielding class just for Tauren would be unacceptable.
    Man, I wish each race had unique skill names and animations for certain classes

Imagine if Judgement was replaced by a golden totem smash for a Sunwalker
    Or a Prelate's Avenging Wrath sprouted Pterrordax wings
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari Warlocks would be neat, but hardly necessary. VOID elf paladins make zero sense though. They'd be more actively suicidal than the goblins in WC2, immediately becoming an hero after attempting to channel Holy light.

If Void elves need another class to play it ought to be Demon Hunter, with Nightborne getting the class too of course.

I think that the issue of this argument is that none of this things are accurate, not regarding High Elves in Warcraft, neither on how the franchise has constantly tried to move away from the "good" faction and "bad" faction dichotomy since Warcraft 3.

High Elves being the "champions of all things good" has never been true in the Warcraft Universe. They are not evil, but they are very self involved and egotist. They came to be because of their inability to stop using arcane magic. They isolated themselves on their new kingdom and only allied with humanity out of convenience, and that alliance ended when it was no longer needed. High Elves have never been altruistic as a race. Again, this doesn't mean they are evil or bad, just that their primary concern was to secure their own lifestyle rather than serving a higher purpose.

Warcraft's fantasy exists on its own, and while it's of course informed by the wider genre, it has become its own thing. Warcraft's traditional High Elf fantasy Is about an isolationist and mysterious group of elves dedicated to protecting their way of life. The concept of Paladins as a traditional element of their culture is just nonexistent.
    This is all well and good for the Warcraft setting specifically, but my answer pertains to any and all "traditional high fantasy" - a.k.a high fantasy outside of the Warcraft universe, from Lord of the Rings to DnD and everything in between and outside of it counting as high fantasy.

So you see, what I was saying here is that people exist who want to play a traditional high elf, mixed with a traditional paladin, on a faction traditionally perceived as good (human).

I say this in a sense totally unrelated to Warcraft 3 lore specifically, but in relation to the very concept of high fantasy in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    That makes no sense. The entire point of a void elf is that they cant touch "the light" it burns them.
    Void elves maybe, High Elves certainly not.

Were it up to me, I'd only allow high elf skin colors to be paladins, but since the race is called void elf instead of high elf, we need to use what we can get.

I'd also allow for straight hair options like blood elves, as well as making void form a manual toggle, instead of a proc.
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-05 at 06:40 AM.

This is all well and good for the Warcraft setting specifically, but my answer pertains to any and all "traditional high fantasy" - a.k.a high fantasy outside of the Warcraft universe, from Lord of the Rings to DnD and everything in between and outside of it counting as high fantasy.

So you see, what I was saying here is that people exist who want to play a traditional high elf, mixed with a traditional paladin, on a faction traditionally perceived as good (human).

I say this in a sense totally unrelated to Warcraft 3 lore specifically, but in relation to the very concept of high fantasy in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Void elves maybe, High Elves certainly not.

Were it up to me, I'd only allow high elf skin colors to be paladins, but since the race is called void elf instead of high elf, we need to use what we can get.

I'd also allow for straight hair options like blood elves, as well as making void form a manual toggle, instead of a proc.
    Their is NO high elves and never will be. People need to stop this nonsense. You are more likely to get murlocs as a race than high elves.

Well, I think Kul Tirans should become paladins before the Void Elves, if you ask me. Makes much more sense, as a Void Elf paladin is purely antithetical. And, imho, a Kul Tiran paladin would look much better.

Zandalari warlocks, as we already know, was going to be a thing, but it seems they decided to remove the option in the last minute to even the number of classes that Kul Tirana and Zandalari could be.

Void elf paladin would negate much of the reason the void elves were banished from Silvermoon in the first place - the very presence of the void within Alleria caused a disaster at the Sunwell. Alleria and Turalyon cannot touch without experiencing pain. A being saturated with both void and Light energy would die a nasty death.

But if Blizzard retconned the lore, I think we can all agree that void elves should not be treated better than every other race. Their paladins should either use animations exactly like every other paladin, whether they look like a high elf or not, or every race and class should get special animations.

I'm still surprised to this day that zandalari warlocks aren't a thing.

And honestly while the lore behind void elf paladins is questionable, void elf priests have to exist so fuck it why not. Dumber things have been happening in lore lately that would make void elf paladins look minor by comparison, who cares at this point.

The class combos I'd most like to see are Eredar Demon Hunters and Warlocks (and their race should literally be Eredar, not Draenei) and possibly fel-Orc DH on horde side to match the Eredar.

You'd create them using regular Draenei and Orc races but you'd have special fel-related customization options specific to DH and Warlocks, much like the elven DHs do.

Preferably they'd also do mirrored racials with more of a fel theme, though at that point you've practically got another allied race on your hands.

Guess I'm low-key a fan of class skins, though only in very specific circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Their is NO high elves and never will be. People need to stop this nonsense. You are more likely to get murlocs as a race than high elves.
    "There" not "their".
    Apart from that, we are inching ever closer to high elves, whether you like it or not.
    All we are missing now are straight hair options and a void form toggle instead of a proc.

You guys are hilarious comparing tauren pallies and velf pallies.

First of all tauren pallies ARE pallies. Just like zanda are pallies. It's just a different flavor.

You guys think lore wise human, nelf, undead, troll priest are all the same cookie cutter priest?

Of course not but their priests nonetheless. I thought the order halls did a good job bringing in different ideologies in classes but I guess not.

Second of all. A tauren is not a void being...

Velves cannot physically become a paladin. And no you can't be a VoiD PAlaDIn because paladins are strictly light zealots.

I mean, then you shouldn't be a part of a conversation about Warcraft Lore lmao; if you really are just asking for generic fantasy elements, it really is not a lore concern.

Void Elf Paladin really makes no sense.

I mean, then you shouldn't be a part of a conversation about Warcraft Lore lmao; if you really are just asking for generic fantasy elements, it really is not a lore concern.
    Maybe you didn't notice, but this thread has never been and never will be a conversation regarding Warcraft lore.
    The fact that I need to even point this out to you is quite astounding in and of itself though

If you want lore conversations go to the warcraft lore subforums, this is general forums.

We are talking about Void Elf Paladin and Zandalari Warlock, ad why their inclusion would make sense, in order to attract more players who like traditional high fantasy settings.

Blood elves are high elves since they cleaned the sunwell. NE paladins have more "lore" behind them than velf paladins have.