Poll: What is coming, what would you like to see?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    outside of the now popular remasters i don't see them doing much. many of the old guard i guess you can call them have peaked and don't really have much to offer now.
    it's time for new studios to show what they can do.
    If they told whoever did D2R or the Starcraft remaster to create a WC1 and WC2 remaster I would certainly /cheer
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If they told whoever did D2R or the Starcraft remaster to create a WC1 and WC2 remaster I would certainly /cheer
    they cant keep on living off remasters forever, the real question is whats their next pc game after ow2 and d4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    From another thread it may be that they received a bigger profit margin from the dubious quality of the prior 3 expansions when added with the layoffs they had.
    Dubious quality? Legion is in the top three for many fans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    they cant keep on living off remasters forever, the real question is whats their next pc game after ow2 and d4
    I gave my two cents on what I'd like to see as far as the future goes earlier.

So this time I felt like commenting about remasters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd truly see is, back on the path for WoW, or slowly phase WoW into the background, make room for a Diablo MMORPG (With the same theme and design as the most recent games have had), or a StarCraft Shooter/RPG as they tried to plan for once before.

Of course, would love to see new things but that demands something up their sleeves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What I'd truly see is, back on the path for WoW, or slowly phase WoW into the background, make room for a Diablo MMORPG (With the same theme and design as the most recent games have had), or a StarCraft Shooter/RPG as they tried to plan for once before.

Of course, would love to see new things but that demands something up their sleeves.
    diablo mmo i dont see happening

but a starcraft destiny like game would be nice and since bungie is gone, would make sense since they seem to be on the starcraft fps path

10+ Year Old Account
    diablo mmo i dont see happening

but a starcraft destiny like game would be nice and since bungie is gone, would make sense since they seem to be on the starcraft fps path
    They were on the path that created a lot of hype with StarCraft:Ghost but then it was scrapped.

And the idea of a Diablo MMORPG would be if WoW were to step down from its podium.

They were on the path that created a lot of hype with StarCraft:Ghost but then it was scrapped.

And the idea of a Diablo MMORPG would be if WoW were to step down from its podium.
    i think diablo and wow, evne tho they are different themewise, i think they are still close to eacother. theyre better off doing a starcraft mmo, which by the way was extremely close to happening, but they settled for overwatch. Mcree is from the starcraft mmo for example originally (also metzen art)

so if there is an mmo. I think it would be starcraft, or the crossoworlds idea they had, or even overwatch eventually

I doubt we will see a new MMO out of them. ActiVision leaderships seems to cheap for that type of project.

I think their RTS era is over at least for the forseeable future. Or at least until someone else's innovates the genre and they can try to copy them.

I am sure we will see them dabble in their existing IPs. Maybe a StarCraft FPS or a WarCraft singleplayer. Regardless, they won't be releasing surefire bangers like they did in their golden days.

Now that Blizzard grabbed Vicarious Visions into their fold is there any word on what they will do next? They seem to know their shit when it comes to remasters/remakes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I doubt we will see a new MMO out of them. ActiVision leaderships seems to cheap for that type of project.

I think their RTS era is over at least for the forseeable future. Or at least until someone else's innovates the genre and they can try to copy them.

I am sure we will see them dabble in their existing IPs. Maybe a StarCraft FPS or a WarCraft singleplayer. Regardless, they won't be releasing surefire bangers like they did in their golden days.
    yea mmos are unlikely, and evne if they did it, i dont feel it will be any good

but i wana see a starcraft fps, maybe revivve the starcraft battlefield type game they cancelled, u could be zerg in that game imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    i think diablo and wow, evne tho they are different themewise, i think they are still close to eacother. theyre better off doing a starcraft mmo, which by the way was extremely close to happening, but they settled for overwatch. Mcree is from the starcraft mmo for example originally (also metzen art)

so if there is an mmo. I think it would be starcraft, or the crossoworlds idea they had, or even overwatch eventually
    Pretty sure there was no confirmed designation for Project: Titan.

As for Diablo, it isn't that close to WoW, a completely different grasp on world-building, themes, and design. It would still be low-tech, though. Then again, high-tech MMORPGs have.. well.. died. Not sure I recall any MMORPG that lasted long. Destiny was meant to be but didn't achieve, and well, we all recall what happened to Wildstar, and EvE does not really have an MMORPG feel to it like what we're used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Now that Blizzard grabbed Vicarious Visions into their fold is there any word on what they will do next? They seem to know their shit when it comes to remasters/remakes.
    VV seems to be glorious are remastering, so, I think Activision-Blizzard is going to put them on the back shelf to milk some nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't probably care about Blizzard Games. What they do is not my kind of game. WoW is an anomaly in my games library. I play almost solely building/sandbox/simulation/sports (both actual playing and managing teams). I don't mind RPGS when they are in open world but I can't stand min maxing gear/talents etc anymore.

Pretty sure there was no confirmed designation for Project: Titan.

As for Diablo, it isn't that close to WoW, a completely different grasp on world-building, themes, and design. It would still be low-tech, though. Then again, high-tech MMORPGs have.. well.. died. Not sure I recall any MMORPG that lasted long. Destiny was meant to be but didn't achieve, and well, we all recall what happened to Wildstar, and EvE does not really have an MMORPG feel to it like what we're used to.

- - - Updated - - -

VV seems to be glorious are remastering, so, I think Activision-Blizzard is going to put them on the back shelf to milk some nostalgia.
    what do u mean no confirmed designaton? all i know is, once titan (which was an mmo) was cancelled, they toyed around with a starcraft mmo idea, a crossworlds mmo idea, and then eventually overwatch, which has like parts of titan

Would really like to know what tom chilton is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzei View Post
    most likely a mobile game lol

10+ Year Old Account
    what do u mean no confirmed designaton? all i know is, once titan (which was an mmo) was cancelled, they toyed around with a starcraft mmo idea, a crossworlds mmo idea, and then eventually overwatch, which has like parts of titan
    Project: Titan was only confirmed to be an MMO with an offering of classes, among them, the Tracer concept was meant to be a class but got turned into Tracer as Project: Titan was scrapped and repurposed for sections of Overwatch's build-up. We know of few things that hailed from there but not the setting of the world except for it being meant to be interacted with (See Hanzo, Genji, and Widowmaker).

There were rumors of Project: Titan being a Starcraft MMO, as well as rumors of it not being, but a Starcraft MMO being on the table with Project: Titan being worked on by another team. In the end, Project: Titan was never structured enough to have a designation assigned, it was limited assets (I believe Illios was meant to be in the project according to a BlizzCon stage talk), class ideas, and a few identities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xzei View Post
    Good question, he assigned/or was assigned to a different project of Blizzard's in 2016. He is apparently not connected to any of the currently known teams (WoW, WoW:Classic, Hearthstone, StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Overwatch 2, or the remastering team).

4 years will be one hell of a mobile game lol

I have no confidence in modern Blizzard to release something that isn't either a soulless rmt whale factory farm or a bug ridden, broken mess. All the talent left and they are such a shit tier western dev i don't think even EA or Ubisoft put out worse games nowadays and thats saying something.

No king rules forever and all that and honestly? i think that last game they really tried on was Heart of the Swarm like what? eight years go?

10+ Year Old Account
    According to job listings, they have 2 unannounced game sections hiring. One for mobile and another for a AAA game with immersive world building.