Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They've said they don't have automated bans and that all bans have a human review them. This is a popular narrative any time folks get banned in games.
    They could be arguing that mass reporting is not automated in the sense that it requires a dozen of players to report you before the system will eventually ban you. There are multiple people/companies who tried this out over the last week and you definitely get banned by people mass reporting you.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah its def worth the money. Its a one time cost and right now there no reason to rushing it to 60. Lots of hours can be spendt in the game and you get the values worth of it.
    In sort of burned out on the game, but I can do 1 level a day while in discord with a friend. The problem is that I don't know exactly what I have to look forward to or the reason why I'm grinding when the gameplay will basically be the same. Besides level 60 unlocking outpost rushes (why were these locked to only level 60's?). I cant believe an MMO launched in 2021 doesn't have an instanced pvp mode you can join while leveling. Wow battleground after level 10, ESO cyrodil is any level, ff14 after level 10, etc. And wars are only for 50 people on each faction at a select time of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    game daytime isnt synced between players on your server, meaning one player can see the sun shining and the other one can see the moon. why?????????
    was it too hard for them to sync such a simple thing? is that too much to ask for developers to code properly? these kind of little things astonish me.

inb4 it doesnt matter. it DOES matter. visibility makes a big difference for gathering alone.
    Is that the case with plauets in the same spot or does the game have a moving sun?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Amazon seems to be losing the PR war with the game. A lot of news gaining traction of automated bans from mass reporting. Some seem possible others seem like people did something else and are blaming mass reports as a scapegoat. There are also a lot of exploits that don't seem to be getting anything done. Some are the normal fast spawning game design (like boarsholm). I've heard of others but don't know enough to comment. But they certainly are disruptive at least in the early days of servers where first/fastest to 60 can get faction dominance.
    I mean they even blatantly lied about server transfers being cross regional a week ago to say now they're region-locked.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean they even blatantly lied about server transfers being cross regional a week ago to say now they're region-locked.
    Or, there was an internal communications failure. I mean, it's still bad and I'm not defending the mistake since they got a lot of folks hopes up, but I think you'd be hard pressed to show any evidence that this was an intentional/calculated move on their part.

Mistakes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    In sort of burned out on the game, but I can do 1 level a day while in discord with a friend. The problem is that I don't know exactly what I have to look forward to or the reason why I'm grinding when the gameplay will basically be the same. Besides level 60 unlocking outpost rushes (why were these locked to only level 60's?). I cant believe an MMO launched in 2021 doesn't have an instanced pvp mode you can join while leveling. Wow battleground after level 10, ESO cyrodil is any level, ff14 after level 10, etc. And wars are only for 50 people on each faction at a select time of the day.
    Yeah, its VERY weird that they dont have instanced pvp in this game. Especially when this was supposed to be a PvP game from the start. Thats like were the idea of the game came from, a pvp centric MMO. Yet they havent opend up for pvp 1-59. I dont get it.

It would be a much welcomed change of pace if we could queue for a instanced BG while leveling. Theres really not much pvp going on out in the world. I leave pvp on most of the time, and theres nothing going on. Im level 33 now and I dont have the big urge to play alot.

I'll reach 60 eventually though and i'll enjoy most of the leveling, albeit it will go slow. Atleast I have a lvl 60 ready to go when new content arrives later.

Or, there was an internal communications failure. I mean, it's still bad and I'm not defending the mistake since they got a lot of folks hopes up, but I think you'd be hard pressed to show any evidence that this was an intentional/calculated move on their part.

Mistakes happen.
    I mean it wasn’t just a random dude from the communications team saying that. It was an official response in the medium they use the most to communicate (which, unfortunately, is Twitter and not their own forum):

https://twitter.com/playnewworld/sta...222047233?s=21

So intentional or not, but they’ve been very careful what they officially post. I don’t know if anything like this can “slip through“. But yes, mistakes happen, as you said.

What did they lie about since they never said once you would be able to transfer regions, they only mentioned server transfers, region transfers are not a thing on many MMOs so why would it be a thing for New World.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What did they lie about since they never said once you would be able to transfer regions, they only mentioned server transfers, region transfers are not a thing on many MMOs so why would it be a thing for New World.
    "Yes, you can move between regions if you want". From the tweet posted above. What is so hard to understand?

I mean it wasn’t just a random dude from the communications team saying that. It was an official response in the medium they use the most to communicate (which, unfortunately, is Twitter and not their own forum):

So intentional or not, but they’ve been very careful what they officially post. I don’t know if anything like this can “slip through“. But yes, mistakes happen, as you said.
    I'm aware it was through their official Twitter. It would hardly be the first time a company posted a tweet that was incorrect/incomplete due to a communication failure. They screwed up, no bones about it. But I'd be hard pressed to believe they intentionally and maliciously lied since like...what's the benefit for them to lie about open global server transfers only to backpedal within a day?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can move between regions if you want.
    This ain't a hill to die on.

I'm aware it was through their official Twitter. It would hardly be the first time a company posted a tweet that was incorrect/incomplete due to a communication failure. They screwed up, no bones about it. But I'd be hard pressed to believe they intentionally and maliciously lied since like...what's the benefit for them to lie about open global server transfers only to backpedal within a day?

- - - Updated - - -

This ain't a hill to die on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    "Yes, you can move between regions if you want". From the tweet posted above. What is so hard to understand?
    The person asking the question didnt even make it clear what they were asking because its actually true that you can switch between regions right now, just not switching your character over to them.

So unless there is an actual post from New World in a similar form to all thier other posts it can hardly be claimed they offered region transfers because at no point in all the official posts did they mention region transfers were possible, there must be a reason most MMOs dont offer this service at all.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-10-11 at 09:09 PM.

Thats hardly an official response post about region transfers
    It's from the official New World account. It says you can move between regions. If you're gonna reject reality here like you do in the SC thread then expect a similar slew of responses from people pointing out that you're taking a post that says, "Blue" and are angrily asserting that it actually says "red".

also the person doing the response might of not even checked about it first
    Social media managers shouldn't be going rogue, and that they miscommunicated (not lied) is the problem. That's why you double check information before sharing it publicly, to avoid "oops's" like this.

point is New World didnt give an official statement
    Everything posted on official social media accounts - save when their Insta was taken over - is official. I don't know how else to tell this to you. It's like claiming that me posting, "I like rocks." isn't official even though I literally posted that I like rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody tell me if its still good time to get in the game and start from scratch, or are people already leaving the game?

It's from the official New World account. It says you can move between regions. If you're gonna reject reality here like you do in the SC thread then expect a similar slew of responses from people pointing out that you're taking a post that says, "Blue" and are angrily asserting that it actually says "red".

Social media managers shouldn't be going rogue, and that they miscommunicated (not lied) is the problem. That's why you double check information before sharing it publicly, to avoid "oops's" like this.

Everything posted on official social media accounts - save when their Insta was taken over - is official. I don't know how else to tell this to you. It's like claiming that me posting, "I like rocks." isn't official even though I literally posted that I like rocks.
    But you can move between regions right now so what they said was true, the question asked didnt specifically ask about character transfers to a new region so you can just assume thats the case.

The whole post was about adding new servers and not really about server transfers in the first place.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-10-11 at 09:17 PM.

The person asking the question didnt even make it clear what they were asking because its actually true that you can switch between regions right now, just not switching your character over to them.

So unless there is an actual post from New World in a similar form to all thier other posts it can hardly be claimed they offered region transfers because at no point in all the official posts did they mention region transfers were possible, there must be a reason most MMOs dont offer this service at all.
    The official statement is about server transfers ("offer an opportunity in the next two weeks for all players to relocate their characters to a new server"). Someone is asking if it's possible to switch from a US server to an EU one. Amazon is responding "yes, you can move between regions"". At this point, if you're arguing otherwise when it's a fucking official statement from a fucking official social media account, either you are lacking basic reading skills, or you're dense on purpose.

What do you think "relocate a character to a new server" means?

But you can move between regions right now so what they said was true, the question asked didnt specifically ask about character transfers to a new region so you can just assume thats the case.
    You can create characters on different regions, you can't move them between regions. You're not in the Olympics for mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Can somebody tell me if its still good time to get in the game and start from scratch, or are people already leaving the game?
    It is, the game is just two weeks old. People are leaving and that’s normal, but it’s not too late to try. Before you waste $50 I’d recommend you to inform yourself about aspects of the game you’re most interested in, let it be PvE, PvP or something else before you might get disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    The official statement is about server transfers ("offer an opportunity in the next two weeks for all players to relocate their characters to a new server"). Someone is asking if it's possible to switch from a US server to an EU one. Amazon is responding "yes, you can move between regions"". At this point, if you're arguing otherwise when it's a fucking official statement from a fucking official social media account, either you are lacking basic reading skills, or you're dense on purpose.

What do you think "relocate a character to a new server" means?
    All they have ever said was you will be able to switch characters to a different server, they still have not said you would of been able to move a character between regions, there is no official post at all that states you can character transfer between regions.

Relocate to a new server does not imply that you can switch between regions.

You can create characters on different regions, you can't move them between regions. You're not in the Olympics for mental gymnastics.
    Unless i see a full post explaining that they were offerering region character transfers then they never actually said it was happening, a random response to a vague question is not strong enough to be considered region character transfers were officially going to happen.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-10-11 at 09:25 PM.

All they have ever said was you will be able to switch characters to a different server, they still have not said you would of been able to move a character between regions, there is no official post at all that states you can character transfer between regions.
    Even Amazon says the post was a mistake, yet here you are, still defending it. You'd figure you'd take the L and move on when even they admit it, but I guess you just can't let yourself ever appear to be wrong.

Even Amazon says the post was a mistake, yet here you are, still defending it. You'd figure you'd take the L and move on when even they admit it, but I guess you just can't let yourself ever appear to be wrong.
    I have not seen them admit any mistake about posts but even if that is the case they would just accept it regardless of what was said and then move on, players like to assume things and then just blame the company, never once have they posted that region transfers were going to happen.