Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Now, this is getting silly. Bethesda, either to a remaster of an earlier TES game, like I dunno, Morrowind (although Skywind is probably the best shot at it) or just focus on TES 6. What's the point of another re-release of Skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    Now, this is getting silly. Bethesda, either to a remaster of an earlier TES game, like I dunno, Morrowind (although Skywind is probably the best shot at it) or just focus on TES 6. What's the point of another re-release of Skyrim?
    Its a no effort upgrade for new console generation. It makes perfect sense as free moneyprinting machine because someone will always buy it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    Todd Howards said it best (I will paraphrase, since I can't remember the exact quote): "We can stop doing those Skyrim remaster any moment, guys - just stop buying them".

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Todd Howards said it best (I will paraphrase, since I can't remember the exact quote): "We can stop doing those Skyrim remaster any moment, guys - just stop buying them".
    Once Holodecks (from Star Trek) become a thing; I can see Todd's descendants releasing a Holodeck edition. And it'll be fully immersive! (and quite buggy)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Skyrim is 10 years old this November... just letting that sink in.
    you...you're lying!
    that can't be true...

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    you...you're lying!
    that can't be true...
    Morrowind was released just three years after the first ever camera phone went on sale.

There are teenagers playing Oblivion who weren't born when it was released.

Skyrim was released one year after the iPad was invented.

Time sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Time sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Morrowind was released just three years after the first ever camera phone went on sale.

There are teenagers playing Oblivion who weren't born when it was released.

Skyrim was released one year after the iPad was invented.

Time sucks.
    stop making me cry!

Nice, the re-re-re-release of a game still better than WoW.
    Lets mod the crap out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I'm worried this will be forced on me and update my Skyrim: SE, breaking my mods. is there any info about that?
    You can disable auto-updates in Steam for individual games. I've had updates disabled for Skyrim and Fallout ever since I got them and only update once the mods I use are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You can disable auto-updates in Steam for individual games. I've had updates disabled for Skyrim and Fallout ever since I got them and only update once the mods I use are updated.
    I only see 3 options for updates in the Skyrim properties. All 3 update the game. None of them say not to update.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did download the game for the first time after almost 10 years, and the graphic sure is outdated, tried a mod pack ( do recommend btw ) but for an anniversary edition they need to add new stuff or remaster the f** out of the graphics

i hope for the love of god that TES 6 gets a new engine

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I only see 3 options for updates in the Skyrim properties. All 3 update the game. None of them say not to update.
    Just had a look and it seems they've changed it so that you can no longer opt out. Well done, Gaben. *rolls eyes* Anyway, an alternative is to go to Steam-->Settings-->Downloads and check the box that says "Only auto-update games between:" and then pick two times when your computer is never on. (If you're one of those people whose computer is always on, stop it.)

There are a couple of other work-arounds but this is the easiest that doesn't involve messing with random files.

I get my Elder Scrolls fix from ESO these days. I don't play it actively, but it's large enough to sort of chip away at whenever I'm in the mood to boot it up.

I would like a new single player game to toy around with, though I think it'll be a while until we get one. Or another Fallout game.

https://kotaku.com/skyrim-anniversar...ned-1848010663

While the Special Edition will get some goodies, the Anniversary Edition will cost us $20 to upgrade. But $50 for those whom do not have the Special Edition.

at this point I regret buying skyrim after playing the codex version a gajillion times

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Necro Rez this than make a new thread =)

I recently got the Anniversary Edition version on my Nintendo Switch. I have now dumped...I want to say almost 26 hours worth of time into the game since I got it two weeks ago. I also own this game on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC (Steam) but this is my first time owning the Anniversary Edition version.

I can confirm the Invisible Secret Chests are still there. The biggest thing about the Anniversary Edition for me is the free Plantation you can get at the beginning of the game east of Rorikstead: The GoldenHills Plantation. Just do the quest chain for it and at the end, it will become yours. Lydia (first-ever Follower you get via Dragonsreach) can be made a Steward which would be a good idea since the farm will make money for you. If you marry someone, they can be made a steward as well. Speak to the Stewart every other day to collect income from crops and animals. Since I married a merchant, I was able to double dip on my earnings. The only drawback I've seen so far is there's no option to source Clay, Quarried Rock or Lumber there so you'll have to buy land that has the Clay/Rocks you need as some of the upgrades and add-ons for the Plantation do require them.

You can also tame horses. That was the first thing I did after I visited Whiterun for the first time. I ran west, found a Red Horse and tamed it, saving myself some money on buying one. When you Fast Travel unmounted, the Horse will be waiting next to you or at the stables.

...Whew. Skyrim on a handheld makes road trips go QUICK =)
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2023-07-02 at 06:11 PM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D