Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey Blizz, keep removing inconsequential things of the past to appease the soft, safe place needing society today
    p.s. you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post

And it's not about the sexuality. It's about the massive overreaction. Not just from Ace, but from all the "normal" people in the police force at the end of the movie.
    The film presents "painful projectile vomiting" as a normal, default response to "accidentally kissed the wrong gender".
    That's the joke.
    .. Rainier Wolfcastle.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's happened less times than... anything, really? I literally can't think of a single thing that has happened less times than "man pretends to be woman to do crimes".

Maybe we should at least stop portraying it until people stop using it as an excuse to deny trans people fair, equal treatment?
    I don't understand How you can take the monumental leap required to assert that "man turns into woman to evade authorities" as broader commentary on trans people and their issues.

It's happened less times than... anything, really? I literally can't think of a single thing that has happened less times than "man pretends to be woman to do crimes".

Maybe we should at least stop portraying it until people stop using it as an excuse to deny trans people fair, equal treatment?
    It doesn't happen "less times than anything", it's a regular occurrence. But the frequency of it isn't really that important. What's important is that it's a real thing men do, and portraying it in film does not constitute bigotry and thus has no relevance to the rights of transgendered people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You clearly are ignorant to what trans individuals go through all the time. "Jokes" like the one in the Ace Ventura movie help fuel shit like trans panic defense staying as a totally normal thing in society.
    I'm European. What's the "Trans Panic Defense"? Sounds like an American thing.

From the name I am assuming that it means that, if someone goes out with a person, who is hiding to be trans, and (to use the male example) when the date has reached the bedroom phase, the schlong pops out, that someone who got bamboozled is allowed to defend himself by any means necessary?

Please explain, American Law is so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Newname1234567890 View Post
    White men aren't treated like trash by our (western) society for thier identity.
    Except if you go out of the cannon of beauty: if you aren't handsome / aren't fit / are bald / aren't smart.
    And there is a double standard: You can make jokes about a man baldness / fatness / idiocy / uglyness. Specially if he's white and straight. Doing it with a woman is in bad taste.
    And this has been exacerbated in recent decades.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Except if you go out of the cannon of beauty: if you aren't handsome / aren't fit / are bald / aren't smart.
    And there is a double standard: You can make jokes about a man baldness / fatness / idiocy / uglyness. Specially if he's white and straight. Doing it with a woman is in bad taste.
    And this has been exacerbated in recent decades.
    And short. You forgot short guys.

The person who leveled 50 warriors to max has mental issues. It looks like they actually do. For bonus points check out their twitter for mega cringe.

Imagine being triggered by Jim Carey. Robin Williams must of been satan to these people.

Honestly the reference was baffling as hell from the start. Finkle Einhorn has literally no reference to Ace Ventura in anything else. No similarities at all to any of the characters, none of his quests reference the movies or characters in any way, there's not even any superficial similarities.

There's literally just a character in WoW who's name was a reference to a scene in a movie where a male character threw up after kissing another male character. There's no other connection. It's always struck me as just... weird.
    Except that the NPC was trapped inside a big animal, a reference to the rhino scene on AV2. If he was named Ace Carrey or Jim Ventura noone would be complaining.

I'm saying that there's no reason to believe they're not trans. They go to great lengths to present as female, and the only thing "deconfirming" them as trans is Ace himself saying so.
    The movie claims Finkle was sent to a mental hospital and was "completely insane", but that's just what the 90's would've said about a mentally unstable person who also happens to be trans.

The whole "getting cosmetic surgery and stealing someone's identity" thing, too. Finkle could've done all that and stolen the identity of a man. But no, "he" chose a woman specifically.

All that said, if the writers ever said their intention was for Finkle to not be trans, I'd believe it. I'm just saying that distinction is not well-presented in the movie itself.
    That really isn't an effective form of reasoning. To assume something is true until proven otherwise opens you up to all sorts of ideas.

No one has proven that Santa isn't real, so he must be.
    no one has proven that the toothfairy isn't real, so she must be.
    No one has proven God isn't real, so he must be.

To even take this example,
    So you see the female presenting Finhorn.

Is Finhorn a cis woman or trans woman? You don't know by looking at him/her (choose your pronoun based on the side you are on.)

It revealed that Finhorn is a male. (By male I am referring to sex, which I differentiate from gender.)

Is Finhorn trans? We don't know because there is such a thing as crossdressing and other circumstances where a cis male may dress as a women.

How do we determine if someone is trans or not? by their mental state. Or rather their own expression of how they feel.

Since we don't know if Finhorn expresses transness (is that even a word?) or not, we can't call him trans.

We shouldn't believe in something until we have suffice and strong enough evidence to support it. Until then not believing something ought to be the default position.

When will they fucking get over themselves. Looks like we better go throw the old Ace Ventura out and remake it.

What's next, throw out the Bible, Koran, or Torah and start fresh? Those babies are full of anti-gay or otherwise prose.

Wow really is going to turn into Hello Kitty Island adventure. Butters was right all along. Of course unless Hello Kitty has some sort of nefarious gay bashing undertone I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I'm European. What's the "Trans Panic Defense"? Sounds like an American thing.

From the name I am assuming that it means that, if someone goes out with a person, who is hiding to be trans, and (to use the male example) when the date has reached the bedroom phase, the schlong pops out, that someone who got bamboozled is allowed to defend himself by any means necessary?

Please explain, American Law is so interesting.
    The trans panic defense in the USA is a defense that literally lets people get away with murder by saying "They told me they were a woman and they actually weren't". I'm not even kidding. it's a defense that is allowed in numerous states and often lets transphobes get away with literal murder.

The trans panic defense in the USA is a defense that literally lets people get away with murder by saying "They told me they were a woman and they actually weren't". I'm not even kidding. it's a defense that is allowed in numerous states and often lets transphobes get away with literal murder.
    WOW I didn't even know that was a thing until today.

What the fuck!? That needs to be changed.

Yeesh. I get beating the crap out of the person you've been buying drinks for all night who suddenly pulls down his pants and places his giant schlong on the table when you thought it was a woman, but murder? Yikes..

I hope you choke in your correctness until every single game fails into oblivion.

The dude from twitter also follows with twitter.com/DesMephisto/status/1448043143820046340

Blizzard is clearly pandering to this segment of the population, and if all this is needed just to make sure you don't commit suicide, maybe it's not the jokes that are the problem. Maybe it's you and your mental issues that go untreated because people are affraid of talking about with you. If you see an alcoholic or have an alcoholic friend/family member, you don't go to them and say "hey buddy, I know life is hard so I switch the water in your house with vodka and beer. Also, the store down your road no longer sells water, only hard liquors. I'm looking out for you buddy"
    F no, you go to them, give thema slap or two and send them to get help.

What blizzard is doing is enabling mentaly unstable people by giving in to their demands, but it will come a time when you have alienated all the players just to please people on twitter that don't even care about the game.
    At this moment you have two types of people; Type A is angry because they are taking away all the fun, and Type B that don't care and is fine with either decisions. You don't see people going "yyaaayyy Blizard, now I'm going to sub and start playing the game just because you changed some names!!"

I just hope that people at Blizard are responsible for trans people commiting suicide, these people need to learn the meaning of the word no and get treatment, not more enabling. I never thought I would say this but, they should take a page out of Netflix decision on putting a stop to the canceling culture like they tried with Dave Chappelle.

Never felt more right to cancel the sub than it is now

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    What's next, throw out the Bible, Koran, or Torah and start fresh? Those babies are full of anti-gay or otherwise prose.
    In all seriousness, why not Check this out, we live in a world where some people literally have jobs to ensure LGBTQ people interacting with their products wouldn't be upset in any way - and yet the best-selling book of all time has multiple passages suggesting that any homosexual person should be killed on sight. Quite a contrast over there.

They did my boy Finke dirty tho. That wasn't even a trans joke, just a crossdressing one.

Quote Originally Posted by unixx0rn View Post
    Yeah, no they are going way too far. I hate what the marxists in HR have done to this company. I will never give blizzard another dime in my life and I completely mean that 100%. Fuck the trans and the sjw pushing this shit. You have made me transphobic, racist, sexist and homophobic. congratulations.
    I get what you mean, but do try to be above going extreme the other direction. Makes you as bad as them. Just be normal like most people

Quote Originally Posted by unixx0rn View Post
    Yeah, no they are going way too far. I hate what the marxists in HR have done to this company. I will never give blizzard another dime in my life and I completely mean that 100%. Fuck the trans and the sjw pushing this shit. You have made me transphobic, racist, sexist and homophobic. congratulations.
    8/10 troll

Let me guess the people that came with the idea to change Finkle in game are now going to lead a campaign to cancel Ace Ventura and have it removed from existence? I get removing the names of past employees who disgraced the company, but this is fucking ridiculous.