Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He did it because Preach is a big name content creator. Nothing more.
    Really now? I'm pretty sure Asmongold was bigger - so it would seem like a better choice if you only cared about "big name". Or maybe it's because his content isn't just "total clickbait" or whatever you people tend to call it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's why I say he has no idea what he's talking about. He's skewed towards 1% of the game. That's what makes the majority of he says utter bull shit.
    Your definition of "1%" must be pretty skewed. He did plenty of stuff that wasn't just focused on top end mythic raids, including M+, pugging, beta feedback, leveling multiple classes (with guides) or just talking about weird stories from random people. And if that's still "1%", what exactly is the other 99%? What amazing gems of knowledge was he missing, that make his content "utter bullshit" - and you are supposedly knowledgeable about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizzards should take feedback and listen to what players want. Then give players what they actually need. They haven't been doing either for some time now.

The Blizzard developers are Homer and Uncle Herbert is the CEO/Shareholders in this video.
    Uh yeah, You couldn't be more wrong. lol.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

This thread literally shows that Blizzard is Homer and the players are also Homer.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    This thread literally shows that Blizzard is Homer and the players are also Homer.
    The top streamers who make wow content and have opinions on the game because they are or were players at some point themselves make more money streaming and making videos than most developers making the game. That's probably why most streamer wouldn't want to quit for a lowball salary just to become a silent cog in a giant machine controlled by people only concerned with profit margins.
    Yes you have to make money for investors. But you also need to do so not at the expense of the fanbase that made these games what they are in the first place.
    Several streamers and content creators have come up with some great ideas for how to improve the game. But the sad part is that by the time they actually see the systems and game designs themselves those decisions have already been made. In a big gaming company player feedback at best can usually only effect change in the form of QoL patches or content going forward. But most expansions are several years in the works already by this point. So the feedback might not come into play for years later. '
    By that time it's already too late for most players who have become fed up and jaded. Bellular for instance though is actually working on creating a game himself right now. Will it be the next Vallheim? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    The top streamers who make wow content and have opinions on the game because they are or were players at some point themselves make more money streaming and making videos than most developers making the game. That's probably why most streamer wouldn't want to quit for a lowball salary just to become a silent cog in a giant machine controlled by people only concerned with profit margins.
    Yes you have to make money for investors. But you also need to do so not at the expense of the fanbase that made these games what they are in the first place.
    Several streamers and content creators have come up with some great ideas for how to improve the game. But the sad part is that by the time they actually see the systems and game designs themselves those decisions have already been made. In a big gaming company player feedback at best can usually only effect change in the form of QoL patches or content going forward. But most expansions are several years in the works already by this point. So the feedback might not come into play for years later. '
    By that time it's already too late for most players who have become fed up and jaded. Bellular for instance though is actually working on creating a game himself right now. Will it be the next Vallheim? Time will tell.
    The game Bellular is making isn't 3d. I'm not really sure what it is, he showed some actual gameplay the other day in one of his videos, and to be honest, it looks like a Flash game. The next Valheim? Not even possible. I'm not even sure what genre it is.

If Belular's opinions had merit, he could consult on game dev, but he's so squeaky new to the industry, he wouldn't get far. He knows all the correct catchphrases to shop talk convincingly, but I doubt he really knows how or would be able to steer a ship like the WoW team. I don't have anything against him, but he's just not as insightful as he thinks he is - and he picks a LOT of low hanging fruit. But he's doing well with what he's doing, his game was picked up by a developer, so good for him.

Preach IS consulting. He talked about it briefly, he can't say more per NDA, but someone had him look at their game. Make of that what you will. Not sure if he's going to or planning on doing more of that, but that's an interesting move for him.

Sadly, the big publishers are going the way of Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm, and all of Hollywood right now, that's exactly what they're doing. Blizzard is frantically trying to keep their existing customers, but they could very easily abandon that crowd if it gets too small, and get more blatant attracting certain groups/kinds of people into their clutches, by going more woke/pandering. And they'll do it, if it lets them kick up their monthly nut to BobbyK, and keep their jobs.

Oh my god. I needed a laugh. The next Valheim? Oh my fucking sides. Thank you, dude. You're hilarious.

I'd wager 99% of his game's downloads will be from people he entices to buy the game by typing "BLIZZARD SUCKS" in the comments section of his next 45-minute video using imaginary numbers to prove that Ion Hazzikostas is descended from Joseph Stalin.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-10-08 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Preach IS consulting. He talked about it briefly, he can't say more per NDA, but someone had him look at their game. Make of that what you will. Not sure if he's going to or planning on doing more of that, but that's an interesting move for him.
    he actually used the word consulting?

cause people have influencers take a look at their game all the time and usually it's just PR even if they throw the "give valuable feedback" spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Oh my god. I needed a laugh. The next Valheim? Oh my fucking sides. Thank you, dude. You're hilarious.

I'd wager 99% of his game's downloads will be from people he entices to buy the game by typing "BLIZZARD SUCKS" in the comments section of his next 45-minute video using imaginary numbers to prove that Ion Hazzikostas is descended from Joseph Stalin.
    Actually Bellular is pretty even keel with regards to the Blizz development team. I used Vallheim as a ultimate example for illustrative purposes with regards to the popularity possible from an Indi game. As far as Imaginary Numbers the stuff he posts is the result of several people researching numbers. I'm not an idiot and have been playing MMO games for many many years. More than some gamers have been alive and that is just the MMO genre. That said, I know most statistics posted anywhere have margins for error but still I don't think the stats he posts are completely in left field. Also I don't remember him ever specifically talking trash against Ion or anyone for that matter.

Even so like I said, He still maintains a decent bit of loyalty towards blizz and comes off as hopeful for the future while being mildly skeptic. Which is a lot more than most I've seen. I mean have you watched the Pyromancer Rant video on why he is completely done with wow ? I mean in all fairness I thought Pyro was kind of a duchebag myself but to his credit he did a lot of wow lore research.

Then you have guys like MadSeasonShow who admittedly was more of a classic player in recent years but did sink a ton of time into retail before fit hit the shan and the game started going in a different direction.
    Then Preach left, etc. I mean there are tons. But Bell still runs a WoW channel even if he has branched out to other games. I don't always watch all his recent videos as some go off on a tangent and loose focus but overall his content was part, key-word (part), of the reason I always came back to wow. Because those streamers helped to build up hype for what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Blizzards should take feedback and listen to what players want. Then give players what they actually need. They haven't been doing either for some time now.

The Blizzard developers are Homer and Uncle Herbert is the CEO/Shareholders in this video.
    Exactly. The current run of Devs are clueless, pandering sods...

Thankfully we don't need to worry about this anymore. Blizzard has lost around 2 million players to FFXIV in the last 6 months and among them are all the content creators.
    It's probably for the best. Only the hardcore Blizzard fans should be allowed to play their games.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Those who dont like WoW should just leave, so those who like WoW can enjoy it without cry babies around. I wish WoW developers stop trying catering to everyone, because in the end they'll not please anyone.
    Luckily for you that is what everyone is doing. Leaving the game. Just don't complain about queue times or empty group finders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    the tears of people on the forums i sware lolo

If you left the game for FF then why tf are you even here? I say this because people that are long gone/banned/suck at the game - it's like why do you feel like you need to come back to defend youtube/twitch people that DO NOT want your help defending them in the first place.

Just go, leave the people that still play the game in peace lol

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

If you left the game for FF then why tf are you even here? I say this because people that are long gone/banned/suck at the game - it's like why do you feel like you need to come back to defend youtube/twitch people that DO NOT want your help defending them in the first place.

Their new MMO is much hotter, better and sexier. They have to let us measly WoW players know otherwise we might forget that the game we're playing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Might come as a shock but this forum is MMO-champion, not WoW-champion and does cater to other games, also people not currently subbed can still want the game to be good again and many would come back if they do get it back on track, saying nothing it will carry on declining and if the numbers get to low might end up in maintenance mode.

So a few questions for you:

Are you are 100% happy with the retail game?
    Is the game currently the best it has ever been?
    Do you like the systems for borrowed power they choose to use this expansion?
    Do you like the pace of updates in Shadowlands?
    Do you like the long wait for new raid content?
    Do you enjoy the open world content this expansion?
    Do you enjoy the fact there is nothing really new been added?
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Might come as a shock but this forum is MMO-champion, not WoW-champion and does cater to other games, also people not currently subbed can still want the game to be good again and many would come back if they do get it back on track, saying nothing it will carry on declining and if the numbers get to low might end up in maintenance mode.

Do you enjoy the open world content this expansion?
    As per some of the crusty pseudo-intellectuals here, we can't express our distaste with the current state of the game.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Those questions are soooo poorly worded-- at the very least. Let's go one by one:

So if I'm just 90% happy with the game... does that mean I'm not happy with the game and therefore your opinion is validated? Am I only allowed to be happy with a game if I'm "100% happy" with it?

So, for you, is it either "the best it has ever been" or "the worst it has ever been"? So what if I say it's "the third best it's ever been"? Is that invalid?

Answering "no" to this, would this mean to you that WoW is at the worst it's ever been?

Ever heard of a pandemic going on?

Same as above. Also, there is a new focus going on to overly compensate for things going on.

Nothing? In 9.1 we got...
    • New campaign.
    • New zone.
    • New dailies.
    • New reputations.
    • New cosmetics.
    • New events.

Nothing?

Last but not least, what would happen if someone answered in the negative to one of your answers, but then in the positive for the rest? Would that invalidate their answers?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Thankfully we don't need to worry about this anymore. Blizzard has lost around 2 million players to FFXIV in the last 6 months and among them are all the content creators.
    It's probably for the best. Only the hardcore Blizzard fans should be allowed to play their games.
    What are you basing this on?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    What are you basing this on?
    Some big content creators jump ship but also some smaller ones

CarbotAnimations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u1oXhiHJM0

Captain Grim:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cMkQRBknto

Yoshida mentioned in a digital preview event that FF14 recently hit 24 million players. That's more than double where the game sat in 2017, reaching 10 million subscribers with the game's second major expansion, Stormblood.

But the most important part Yoshida now claims that FFXIV is the most profitable of any Final Fantasy entry! So that means that most of that 24 million players spend some money on the game... likey!

The big thing is that WoW active player numbers going down while FFXIV players are going up...

However, Yoshida thinks a lot of players are making too big a scandal out of it. In an interview with PC Gamer, he said he's happy people are so passionate about the games and other media they engage with, including Final Fantasy 14. What concerns him is the mentality that fans of a game have to be completely dedicated to it.

"But I also worry about some of these people getting a little too enthusiastic to the point where they are sort of binding people down, chaining people down and going into the community and almost attacking those people who want to take a break sometimes and maybe enjoy a different game and chain them down in that way," Yoshida said.

Yoshida added that leaving a game like World of Warcraft and revisiting it sometime later might allow players to "re-recognize some of the items they had taken for granted." For Yoshida, this even includes Final Fantasy 14 players taking a break from his game to play New World.

"That's wonderful," Yoshida said. "I think it is important that we come in contact with new games. It's a new kind of stimulation, so it keeps us fresh."
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2021-10-15 at 03:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Some big content creators jump ship but also some smaller ones

CarbotAnimations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u1oXhiHJM0

Captain Grim:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cMkQRBknto

Yoshida mentioned in a digital preview event that FF14 recently hit 24 million players. That's more than double where the game sat in 2017, reaching 10 million subscribers with the game's second major expansion, Stormblood.

But the most important part Yoshida now claims that FFXIV is the most profitable of any Final Fantasy entry! So that means that most of that 24 million players spend some money on the game... likey!

The big thing is that WoW active player numbers going down while FFXIV players are going up...
    ah they gave another account created update then good to know.

Though that number wouldn't be subscribers just any one who made an account trial or otherwise.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Fellas, i got to say the amount of mental gymnastics to justify the state of WoW that are being pulled by some is so stunning that it almost warrants its own olympic discipline.

You all can enjoy the game. There is nothing wrong with it... But you can not honestly deny WoW is in a sorry state if there ever was one... And putting fingers into your ears, making loud noises to ignore the complaints is exactly why they got away with this shit ever since they started slacking, because thats definitely what they did.

Also dont just disregard everyone who is mad at all the problems, just because you still enjoy it. Im pretty sure most people are mad because they want WoW to get its shit together, not because they want to see it fail so hard.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.