7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought the Pokemon DLC was worth the price honestly. At least Crown Tundra was really good.
    The problem is that if you had both versions, you needed to buy the DLC twice if you wanted the DLC for both games.

I know this is nothing new for pokemon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The DLC is a bonus. My understanding, based on that video, is your game would not be ruined if you lost the DLC, you would simply not be able to revisit the locations. Seems like a non-issue. Seems like some would prefer that Nintendo just throw in the DLC as a freebie for getting the new service, as a permanent license. That doesn’t seem to me like what they were trying to do here. They are providing access, not licenses. If you want a license you have to buy it yourself. Fair.

It is not common for subscription services to provide permanent static licenses for games or DLC, is it?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-10-16 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If that’s how it’s gonna work they better add future expansion passes to it. I’m not big on games like AC where you work all day and deal with bills. I already live that life, let me do shit I can’t in the real world.
    They might go with the MS Game Pass route tbh

Then again, Nintendo is Nintendo so it could just be a random one time thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They might go with the MS Game Pass route tbh
    You have to be joking right?

Game pass exists because MS was getting their ass kicked and tried a loss leading method to try and gain market share. Nintendo doesn't have that problem and games like AC or MK8 alone have sold more copies then every MS first party game combined last gen.

Nintendo is not in the business of flushing money down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The only other decent forum if you want to talk about video games and pop culture is Spacebattles. Avoid White Hall like the plague.

There is also Something Awful but you have to pay $5 to get in, which ostensibly keeps out the trolls, but in practice it just selects for a very special kind of self righteous snob. Think MMO-C is bad? You haven't been to SA. Also you can get infracted because you don't worship a game.

There is also RPGcodex but they are also snobbish.

Trails of Cold Steel 3 & 4, but play 1 & 2 first. Sadly the Western rights for 1 & 2 are owned by a different company, XSEED games (the rights to 3 & 4 are owned by NISA), but XSEED is poor and apparently can't pay for Switch ports of 1 & 2.
    Trails of cold steel! thats right I remember you mentioning that awhile ago in a thread.

it does look right up my alley, seems like the first is a bit of a grind though but you want all the world building.

Tempted to jump into 3 and 4 but as you say, everyone is saying play the first 2 first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The best turn based RPG on the switch is tokyo mirage sessions, since I didn't see your original question lol. It is basically persona with some fire emblem references, but only lasts about 40-50 hours instead of 100 like a Persona game. Nocturne HD if we're counting remasters I guess but I still prefer the PS2 version over the shitty remaster that has longer load times then PS2 even on PS5(hate to see what they would be on Switch). It will probably be SMTV in a month when it releases.

Octopath is good if you're into more short stories, there is an over arching narrative but you have to fight a super boss in the end game for it to come together. But I also think it has the BD2 problem of the combat being more fun then the game deserves which makes it good imo but not great.
    never heard of tokyo mirage sessions ill check it out.

IMO this is a amazing port and miles above both the Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal ports.

Also if rumors hold true all the game+dlc will be on cart (will know when I get mine) Very impressive imo.

Just add a 30fps cap and its good to go.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Sora is so floaty he must have been designed by the osaka team

Dying Light is a pretty sweet gem as far as I'm concerned. It's definitely worth playing for anyone who is a fan of the zombie genre. The story doesn't exactly tread new ground and it is a little clunky at times but the ability to climb almost everything and use parkour to run from and help in defeating the undead is just really satisfying.

I'm hoping that the sequel is as good or better than the original game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine your first crush getting into smash. Now i know how the furries felt when lucario got in

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Imagine your first crush getting into smash.
    Kazuya, on my end. I never would've guessed him to even be a potential candidate in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Kazuya, on my end. I never would've guessed him to even be a potential candidate in the first place.
    Do guys really have crushes on guys that try to kill their dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Do guys really have crushes on guys that try to kill their dad?
    Yes.

Especially when he becomes a big demon daddy.

Some of the Dread FUD is super entertaining, lol. People can't stand that Nintendo got such a good traditional gamer's game, imo.

Dread FUD doesn't work imo. The logic is flawed.

Either you know the value of 2D games like Hollow Knight, SotN, Hades, ect, and just hate the game because of console wars, or you don't know the value of those games, in which case I would take the opinion with a grain of salt.(when you see people with the opinion "this is a 2D game, it can't be worth XYZ" this argument only accounts for 1 single aspect of a game, which is obviously mandatory to its very popular genre...so....)

There are some, a select few, who would say that they do know the value of these games, but that Dread just doesn't stand up to the other games on this list. If that was the argument, I could see it, but I hardly see anyone making that argument. I would assume that is because most of the people who want to marginalize this game have not played it and Dread is actually pretty good. It may not be SotN(or it could be better, depending on your perspective), but doesn't need to be the GOAT to be great, imo.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-10-19 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Some of the Dread FUD is super entertaining, lol. People can't STAND that Nintendo got such a solid true gamer's game, imo.

Either you know the value of 2D games like Hollow Knight, SotN, Hades, ect, and just hate the game because of console wars, or you don't know the value of those games, in which case I would take the opinion with a grain of salt.(when you see people with the BS "this is a 2D game, it can't be worth XYZ" /eyeroll)

There are some, a select few, who would say that they do know the value of these games, but that Dread just doesn't stand up to the other games on this list. If that was the argument, I could see it, but I hardly see anyone making that argument. I would assume that is because most of the people who want to marginalize this game have not played it and Dread is actually pretty good. It may not be SotN, but doesn't need to be a GOAT to be great, imo.

There is a great sea of folks out there who hate Nintendo due frankly to the success of the Switch. Anything big and good has an anti-community nowadays who want to try and make it seem like there is no fandom, just the anti-community. They come up with conspiracy theories like reviews are all paid for and not real, it's just all so funny. Half of the stuff you can tell they don't even believe themselves, honestly.
    Wait what, who the fuck said Dread sucked because it's not as good as SoTN? This logic would be amazing because nearly every game released sucks using it.

I haven't seen anyone being mad about Dread tbh outside of Jaffe being an idiot and he has been an idiot for a long time now, nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wait what, who the fuck said Dread sucked because it's not as good as SoTN? This logic would be amazing because nearly every game released sucks using it.

I haven't seen anyone being mad about Dread tbh outside of Jaffe being an idiot and he has been an idiot for a long time now, nothing new.
    Probably reddit and twitter dweebs who cant get over suking off hollow knight despite it being almost 4 years old and can't deal with the fact people can play more than 1 game

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Some of the Dread FUD is super entertaining, lol. People can't stand that Nintendo got such a good traditional gamer's game, imo.

Either you know the value of 2D games like Hollow Knight, SotN, Hades, ect, and just hate the game because of console wars, or you don't know the value of those games, in which case I would take the opinion with a grain of salt.(when you see people with the opinion "this is a 2D game, it can't be worth XYZ" this argument only accounts for 1 single aspect of a game, which is obviously mandatory to its very popular genre...so....)

There are some, a select few, who would say that they do know the value of these games, but that Dread just doesn't stand up to the other games on this list. If that was the argument, I could see it, but I hardly see anyone making that argument. I would assume that is because most of the people who want to marginalize this game have not played it and Dread is actually pretty good. It may not be SotN(or it could be better, depending on your perspective), but doesn't need to be the GOAT to be great, imo.
    I seriously don't get the whinging that's coming from the usual idiots. Granted, it's the same group of people who love shallow games that aren't built on strategic gameplay like Life Is Strange, so that really shouldn't be a surprise. The same people whine about Dark Souls being challenging, but the reality is that they are just too stupid to learn patterns and think outside the box. I'm not some hardcore elite gamer and even I haven't had issues with beating bosses in Metroid Dread.

Dread looks decent, but it's hard to justify spending $60 on it when the standard price for the genre (20 hour long metroidvanias) is $30 at the max and there are tons of metroidvanias you can buy at that price or less. Fortunately you'll probably be able to snap it up for that price on Craiglist or Facebook marketplace in a few months, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Dread looks decent, but it's hard to justify spending $60 on it when the standard price for the genre (20 hour long metroidvanias) is $30 at the max and there are tons of metroidvanias you can buy at that price or less. Fortunately you'll probably be able to snap it up for that price on Craiglist or Facebook marketplace in a few months, though.
    Dude you justify spending $60 on copy pasted assets falcom churns out yearly. Your perception of game value seems off, and I question if you even play metroidvanias at all since you seem to be acting like its a genre known for one and dones when it's a genre that literally begs to be replayed multiple times. The length of a single playthrough of a metroidvania is an entirely worthless metric. A game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and seeing as dread is setting records as the fastest selling metroid game in multiple regions I guess Nintendo got the price right. Price of games is such a non issue since there is no "worth it" price, that depends on the person not the game. Saying a game is not a $60 game is a bunk argument that shows you have no other reason for trying to shit on a game but want to shit on it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-20 at 03:28 AM.

I’ve been critical of dread for stuff in the game I didn’t personally enjoy but I absolutely can not fault the price point.

It was absolutely worth the money

Price point is an odd discussion point for Dread, but it is even more odd when you view this as a Nintendo game. If it ever drops below 49.99 I’d be shocked.