Page 1 of 3
LastLast

could night Elf Paladins happen thru the Night Warrior?

i Was thinking about how the traditional way paladins were created on Azeroth.
    Priests were those who would "channel " or "call upon the Light" to use it to heal and whatever they needed.
    Paladins took the Light into themselves and in order to use that Light to damage their enemies.

now....the order of the Priestesses of the Moon of Elune for the night elves. If they function the same way as priests by "channeling" or "calling upon Elune" to function in that calling...... could the aspect of becoming a "Night Warrior" by infusing themselves with Elune's wrath function the same as infusing oneself with the Light?

for game play purposes, couldn't this explain how night elves could become Paladins?

Granted becoming a Night Warrior currently is bad for the body and the mind, but i think it's an interesting proposition of the night Warrior ritual became more streamlined.

But is Elune and the Light the same thing? Because if not, then I guess Gul'dan is a paladin too, based on that logic. He drew upon and channelled the fel to damage his enemies

That's a workable idea and it'd probably enjoy it, but it's not really needed. Legion already gave us everything we need to make NE Paladins believable. That said I do like your idea.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Night elf paladins can already exist by giving any priestess of elune armor and a sword as Legion showed
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I don't think that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    But is Elune and the Light the same thing? Because if not, then I guess Gul'dan is a paladin too, based on that logic. He drew upon and channelled the fel to damage his enemies
    isn't that the lore explanation for Night elves and their use of the Light?
    thru Elune?

if there was a Fel Knight class/RPG class than i guess Gul'dan was lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pretty sure Night elf paladins can already exist by giving any priestess of elune armor and a sword as Legion showed
    that's what I was attempting to get to, but i figured since in the lore of Warcraft, the use of the light and how it's wielded as a Paladin is that of making themselves a vessel for the Light instead of just "summoning" it to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I don't think that's how it works.

you Could explain but i doubt you will. you're not good at that.

I don't think that the Night Warrior is really needed here to be honest. That concept was pretty singular to begin with. One super powerful being, with the caveat that this power was gonna eventually kill you. This really seems like a plot device more than something that is going to trickle down to players.

I think that the basic lore of what a Paladin is and the Night Elf relationship with Elune is more than enough to allow for playable Night Elf Paladins. All the original Paladins were are Priests that put on armor and picked up melee weapons. Considering that the spiritual leaders of the Night Elves are already pretty martially inclined, it really doesn't seem like a stretch that they could have their own branch of Paladins.

I don't think the Night Warrior concept really adds anything here that isn't already present.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    that's what I was attempting to get to, but i figured since in the lore of Warcraft, the use of the light and how it's wielded as a Paladin is that of making themselves a vessel for the Light instead of just "summoning" it to use.
    Legion ruined paladins for me
    They were supposed to be this knight imbued with holy light. Other races having similar but diferent concept at the core like Blood Knights and Sunwalkers

But nope. Everyone is now following the light like Humans and dwarves.
    Even the priestess of Elune yells "For the Light"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Because Tyrande through the Night Warrior is still a Priestess, and her Light isn't the same as the Draenei's, Humans, and Blood Elves' light. Also, being a Paladin is more than simply being a warrior wielding Light.

So basically a Sunwalker situation, where in lore they don't worship the Light and are completely different from Silver Hand paladins, but are classified as "paladins" for gameplay reasons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Legion ruined paladins for me
    They were supposed to be this knight imbued with holy light. Other races having similar but diferent concept at the core like Blood Knights and Sunwalkers

But nope. Everyone is now following the light like Humans and dwarves.
    Even the priestess of Elune yells "For the Light"
    Dezco being shoved into a Church was indeed Sad. Same with Shadow Priests being shoved into the same class order hall as Light worshipping priests.

Honestly they've botched Night Elf lore so bad at this point, who even knows. Night Elf Priestesses are unlike human priests in that they already have martial training. Being the warriors in their society and all. Its just not something reflected for gameplay reasons. So the distinction of them being Paladins seems unnecessary unless they specifically are forsaking worship of Elune to take up the Holy Light.

One would think this would brand them a total heretic in Night Elf society and get them outcasted. But given the atrocious Elune lore in Shadowlands, joining the Light seems like a reasonable alternative for them at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same with Shadow Priests being shoved into the same class order hall as Light worshipping priests.
    At least they acknowledged the whole shadow being its own thing as having to join every creed against the legion
    Sunwalkers got human'd

Thank god the Zandalari didn't get to join

Night elf paladin will be a thing when blizzard wants to recapture lost subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Honestly they've botched Night Elf lore so bad at this point, who even knows. Night Elf Priestesses are unlike human priests in that they already have martial training. Being the warriors in their society and all. Its just not something reflected for gameplay reasons. So the distinction of them being Paladins seems unnecessary unless they specifically are forsaking worship of Elune to take up the Holy Light.

One would think this would brand them a total heretic in Night Elf society and get them outcasted. But given the atrocious Elune lore in Shadowlands, joining the Light seems like a reasonable alternative for them at this point.
    At least Light will not screw you intentionally like that vapid ditz who somehow is a "Goddess".

I just want Undead Paladin, there is no reason, lore wise that they should not exist, Blizzard even confirmed this at a Blizzcon, when they were asked about Undead Paladins and Blizz tried to make up an excuse, and while trying to make up said excuse, they actually ended up stopping the conversation and said "we'll look into it" because they actually talked themselves into having Undead Paladins since Undead can already have the Holy light still, and that the the light does not abandon you even in death.

i Was thinking about how the traditional way paladins were created on Azeroth.
    Priests were those who would "channel " or "call upon the Light" to use it to heal and whatever they needed.
    Paladins took the Light into themselves and in order to use that Light to damage their enemies.

now....the order of the Priestesses of the Moon of Elune for the night elves. If they function the same way as priests by "channeling" or "calling upon Elune" to function in that calling...... could the aspect of becoming a "Night Warrior" by infusing themselves with Elune's wrath function the same as infusing oneself with the Light?

for game play purposes, couldn't this explain how night elves could become Paladins?

Granted becoming a Night Warrior currently is bad for the body and the mind, but i think it's an interesting proposition of the night Warrior ritual became more streamlined.
    Two different things:

Paladin

Night Warrior

Know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Two different things:

Paladin

Night Warrior

Know the difference.

lore wise how Do night Elf priest 's (and the Priestess of the moon) channel their power? Through elune?

lore wise how Do night Elf priest 's (and the Priestess of the moon) channel their power? Through elune?
    Yes.
    (10 characters).

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes.
    (10 characters).
    so if Priests become paladins by taking the Light into themselves and becoming a vessel of that power source, then night Elves taking in Elune 's power (the source of their power to be Priests ) as the Night Warrior cant be the path to introduce paladins to night elves?
    i mean I understand the Night Warrior is completely seperate from the paladin class atm.
    But as a potential catalyst to introduce them

you Reply as if I said the night warrior = a paladin and that's not what i said. I said as a way to introduce based on the concept of the Night warrior and how you become one, and the implications of it
    Last edited by Local Skinwalker; 2021-10-26 at 04:51 PM.

Yes which technically means it really isn't the light. The argument could be made that the existing paladins who call it something else could really just be calling on the light anyway. Night elves don't get that luxury now that Elune has made an appearance and isn't a light being, but rather the living version of the Night Queen(and apparently just as incompetent).