Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I know about the change. Still does not change the fact that Yorik always worked like he did since the patch come out.

Incredible the amount of white knights on this forum these days. You must love farming Korthia for 2 hours every day.
    Hey, you can always do us all a favor and quit the game. Please do, and also leave fansites and whatnot.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Hey, you can always do us all a favor and quit the game. Please do, and also leave fansites and whatnot.
    He isn't wrong though yorick always did have a fast respawning timer no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Yeah, and everyone else coming after the first guilds have way more gear. Higher conduit levels are definitely not needed. Along with the other systems giving us power over time they act more as a slow nerf to the raid.
    In a way, certain people will always feel that it's "needed". If you're not as good as the next guy and your raid is wiping in P3 Sylvanas even tho you already have better gear than many guilds that killed her, you will probably do all that's possible for any kind of power upgrade, even the smallest one. And it's not a fun position to be in. Thing is, this supposed "grind" is 15-20 minutes of dailies per day. Hardly a huge chore, and it's not even mandatory to do them each and every day. But then there's the pressure to do it ASAP, because your guild is already frustrated with the wipes and can disband any given moment. Sucks, but it's still player-induced pressure - and Blizzard has ideas on how to profit from it. In the end, it's often just aiming higher than you should and being frustrated that you can't somehow force it. And it's the result of creating content tuned for the best of the best. You should never do that if you want your game to still be a game instead of pure competition.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2021-11-04 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Funny how the OP went silent after people pointed out that "farming a single mob over and over again for ridiculous amounts of loot" obviously qualifies as an exploit and that his 'fun' excuse is just that, an excuse.
    I didn't go silent. Im just not at the PC all the time my dude. And the term fun, if you follow wow terms over the years, means ways the community comes up with innovative ways to do something faster, which in itself is fun for many people.

This was a mild way to make Korthia grind, which is an old zone by now, more tolerable. Its not like it was gut damn Darkshore honor farming, if anyone remembers that exploit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I didn't go silent. Im just not at the PC all the time my dude. And the term fun, if you follow wow terms over the years, means ways the community comes up with innovative ways to do something faster, which in itself is fun for many people.
    I mean, lets be perfectly honest here. Whether you enjoyed the farm or not, there's nothing innovative in killing a mob ad infinitum. Not even remotely innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I mean, lets be perfectly honest here. Whether you enjoyed the farm or not, there's nothing innovative in killing a mob ad infinitum. Not even remotely innovative.
    Thats true, but it was still a fun way to people like me who haven't even hit rank 6 yet (I just dont like Korthia as a zone), or trying to get paragon boxes for the mount, or maybe gear upgrades or sockets etc.

Being efficient is what WoW is now a days, lets be honest here. People dont wanna wipe in raids, or spend 1-2 hours a day in Korthia for 2 months. Skipping a grind or speeding it up is good.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

This change makes sense because they changed how relics work: you can now grind them from rares. You used to only do them once a day.

Yoriks spawn change happened to reflect this. You can still grind out relics as much as you want forever... just not every minute from the same mob.

So fun they can fix within a day, but stupid broken things they keep for years. People were enjoying themselves farming Yorik, but blizzard cant have that...

There was no exploit, 100% pure real game mechanics, everyone could do it. Its not like some of the other bugs that happened in say BFA or whatever.

This research grind is slow as fuck, you get like 1000 rep a day max if you spend 2 hours in the zone, but finally a way to grind it faster...nono.
    so you are angry because blizzard horfixed clear exploit ?

i mean how naive one had to be to use it - it was on level of Preach getting baned naive at least

Thats true, but it was still a fun way to people like me who haven't even hit rank 6 yet (I just dont like Korthia as a zone), or trying to get paragon boxes for the mount, or maybe gear upgrades or sockets etc.
    Being efficient is what WoW is now a days, lets be honest here. People dont wanna wipe in raids, or spend 1-2 hours a day in Korthia for 2 months. Skipping a grind or speeding it up is good.
    Not in the eyes of the designers, because then there wouldn't be any kind of grind. I mean, if there's an exploit like that, the best thing you can do is to profit from it while it lasts - because it will inevitably get fixed. They don't put those grinds in so you can easily avoid them.

Also for an expansion everyone hates, you guys sure are mad you can't get all these max-rep rewards to play it!

It wouldnt be a problem is the damn reputations were ACCOUNT bound. These reputation grinds are anti alt and anti fun.

So fun they can fix within a day, but stupid broken things they keep for years. People were enjoying themselves farming Yorik, but blizzard cant have that...

There was no exploit, 100% pure real game mechanics, everyone could do it. Its not like some of the other bugs that happened in say BFA or whatever.

This research grind is slow as fuck, you get like 1000 rep a day max if you spend 2 hours in the zone, but finally a way to grind it faster...nono.
    1000 rep a day max in not true at all. I could get 1500 to 2000 rep a day before the patch and now with 50% increased rep gain and far more relic drops than before and repeatable farming of rare spawns I guarantee you can get way more than 1000 rep a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, Yorik has ALWAYS worked like this. He always respawned after 1 minute. Litterally last few days up to the patch I was farming him for the toy item.
    Yes but you used to only get rewards from the first kill so there was no reason to farm him multiple times before.

And they wonder why EVERYONE isn't running to their game with overwhelming enthusiasm.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I know about the change. Still does not change the fact that Yorik always worked like he did since the patch come out.

Incredible the amount of white knights on this forum these days. You must love farming Korthia for 2 hours every day.

If it was about fun as you say, you would kill him several hours in row even before patch. did you? ofc not. Its not about fun its about reward.

Dont try to play some moral highground here. You are just pissed becase they hotfix something you exploited to benefit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    When was the last time people were farming instant-spawn mobs for some rep/currency and it wasn't hotfixed very quickly?
    farming? doesn't he only drop loot once a day like any other rare?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Also for an expansion everyone hates, you guys sure are mad you can't get all these max-rep rewards to play it!
    That makes sense though... why would people not want to skip the parts they dislike?