Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    To be fair tho that goal wasn't his fault.... Shaw and / or Maguire have to do a lot better there. Especially Shaw. Saw a commentator saying you can even hear De Gea yelling "Away", but no one reacts. Hopefully these 2 home games will mean that Solskjaer will have to leave atleast.
    Shaw's too concerned about bundling in a second own goal to not go for it, he leaves it for De Gea who hesitates far too much.

City have taken their chances better than United in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Absolutely! I really hope he can get N;dombele and LoCelso playing to their potential, Best player Spurs have had in 20 years was Dembele, and N'Dombele plays a lot like him, if only he would

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this and thought of you..

Ole Gunnar solskjaer meets with Klopp. He asks him, "Your team wiped the floor with us 5 - 0 I cant get over it, how do you run such an efficient team? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says Klopp, "the most important thing is to sign intelligent players."

Solskjaer frowns. "But how do I know the players in my team are really intelligent?"

Klopp says. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."

Then Klopp phones Mo Salah. "Please Join me and OGS in here, would you?"

Salah walks into the room. "Yes, boss?"

Klopp smiles. "Answer me this, please, Mo. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Mo answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says Klopp.

Back at Old Trafford, Ole gunnar Solskjaer asks to see Harry Maguire.

"Harry, answer this for me. Your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says Harry. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Harry goes to to the whole Man Utd squad and asks every one he can find, but none can give him an answer. Finally, on the way out he bumps into Paul Pogba

Harry says, "Paul! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and your father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?

Paul Pogba says, "That's easy. It's me!"

Harry says. "Thanks!" and goes back to the Managers Office to speak with Ole gunnar Solskjaer.

Harry Says, "I did some research I asked the whole team and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Paul Pogba."

Ole gunnar Solskjaer, stomps over to Harry Maguire, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Mo Salah!"
    Made me laugh.

Nothing to worry about chaps!! Ole is at the wheel and we are so near to what we are trying to achieve !!! And now that evil Conte is engaged elsewhere and he can't come to this team and coach people and (God forbid!!!!) demands that the whole organisation from top to bottom works hard with a proper plan while trying to win, everything is great!! Other than the players of course, it's all their fault and nothing to do with Ole, according to his mates Gary and Peter and Rio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diabolical. Think Ole’s done, players just aren’t playing for him. 2-0 flattered us, no urgency, can’t keep the ball, won’t get it back, then giving De Gea more to do than Edison.

Gonna be a few more years before we win anything again, more upheaval with a new manager, and a couple of transfer Windows to get rid of the players at fault. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Diabolical. Think Ole’s done, players just aren’t playing for him. 2-0 flattered us, no urgency, can’t keep the ball, won’t get it back, then giving De Gea more to do than Edison.

Gonna be a few more years before we win anything again, more upheaval with a new manager, and a couple of transfer Windows to get rid of the players at fault. Oh well.
    Gary, is that you?

Meanwhile, a scouser like Michael Owen spits it out like it is and makes Paul Scholes reluctantly name Ole for just not doing his job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1sO8hTQ0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Gary, is that you?

Meanwhile, a scouser like Michael Owen spits it out like it is and makes Paul Scholes reluctantly name Ole for just not doing his job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1sO8hTQ0
    The same Scholes who’d berated Pogba and Maguire the other night?

The same Scholes who’d berated Pogba and Maguire the other night?
    Keep moving the goalposts Gary. Not that it matters since at the end of the day your pal is still at the job, while if the rumours are true, in the unlikely event he gets sucked we will get another pal of yours, Darren Fletcher, to be the manager!! Win win all around!!!!!

Unless of course you want the Manchester United Football Club to go forward, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep moving the goalposts Gary. Not that it matters since at the end of the day your pal is still at the job, while if the rumours are true, in the unlikely event he gets sucked we will get another pal of yours, Darren Fletcher, to be the manager!! Win win all around!!!!!

Unless of course you want the Manchester United Football Club to go forward, that is.
    I literally just said he’s done. His position is utterly untenable. The players aren’t playing for him, he can’t fix that.

But you’re a fool to think things are going to drastically improve over night. And those same players who aren’t playing for him aren’t going to stick around, indeed we don’t want them to stick around.

If they don’t have the attitude to play for him, they’ll be just as quick to give up on anyone else.

I'm glad I'm not a UTD fan after watching them basically roll over for belly rubs in that 2nd half, being at home 2-0 down against your derby rivals and you have literally no fight in you is nothing short of disgusting. If this isn't the sign of a team that couldn't give two fucks about the manager then what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solskjaer doesn't tell Bailey to mishit it into his own net. He doesn't tell Shaw and De Gea to freeze up on a cross. He doesn't tell Greenwood to not bury an easy follow up after Ronaldo's shot.

But he's also seemingly no longer able to get players to get past those mistakes, and that's crucial. You can have all the tactics in the world, but if players aren't playing, and their confidence is shot, it's on the manager to resolve it. If he can't, time for change.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Solskjaer doesn't tell Bailey to mishit it into his own net. He doesn't tell Shaw and De Gea to freeze up on a cross. He doesn't tell Greenwood to not bury an easy follow up after Ronaldo's shot.

But he's also seemingly no longer able to get players to get past those mistakes, and that's crucial. You can have all the tactics in the world, but if players aren't playing, and their confidence is shot, it's on the manager to resolve it. If he can't, time for change.
    He can't do anything once they're on the pitch, but there's clearly an coaching problem at untied. And this problem precedes solskjaer so I don't blame him.

The amount of players that have come to united in good form and are being either misused or poorly coached and end up going backwards is startling.

You could argue it started with di maria, but since then its been mkhitaryan, falcao, depay, zaha, sanchez, and now vdBeek(God knows whats going on with van de beek the whole situation is farcical) and sancho. All of these great players before and after united yet something at united is stopping these guys from shining. I can only think its an ongoing coaching/psychological problem that needs sorted by whoever comes in.

If we apply that logic no manager will ever get sacked as it would never be their fault but that's not how this works, it's Ole's job to get that team to perform on a match day and he can't, it's not like we're talking about a poor side who try and get beaten by the better side, we're talking about a team who barely try and get smashed by the better team so at what point do you say the manager has lost the players?

It's not even about making mistakes, it's the basic fundamentals of actually giving a fuck to want to win the football match, UTD don't even have that going for them, as I said earlier that 2nd half was disgusting and showed the attitude these players have, they couldn't care less. They have zero fight for the manager and most of them wouldn't bat an eyelid if he got the chop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    He can't do anything once they're on the pitch, but there's clearly an coaching problem at untied. And this problem precedes solskjaer so I don't blame him.

The amount of players that have come to united in good form and are being either misused or poorly coached and end up going backwards is startling.

You could argue it started with di maria, but since then its been mkhitaryan, falcao, depay, zaha, sanchez, and now vdBeek(God knows whats going on with van de beek the whole situation is farcical) and sancho. All of these great players before and after united yet something at united is stopping these guys from shining. I can only think its an ongoing coaching/psychological problem that needs sorted by whoever comes in.
    Well if they’re having to be played out of position, or they don’t have the right mindset, then that again comes back to recruitment. Who’s scouting out and making the decisions on these players? Who’s assessing he squad and how we’re playing and deciding what’s missing, what could be improved, and who needs competition for a place?

I literally just said he’s done. His position is utterly untenable. The players aren’t playing for him, he can’t fix that.

But you’re a fool to think things are going to drastically improve over night. And those same players who aren’t playing for him aren’t going to stick around, indeed we don’t want them to stick around.

If they don’t have the attitude to play for him, they’ll be just as quick to give up on anyone else.
    The only fool here is you Gary. One, because you think that by using bollocks neutral expressions like "his position is untenable" and then laying straight into the players, we can't see your nonsense deflection for your mate at the wheel. And two, I never said that anyone has the magic wand to come in and change everything in a game. However, other managers have shown repeatedly and in the not so distant past that they were able to get a marked improvement within a limited time-frame. But these managers are capable, winners and have high standards and demands, unlike your mate or the board of clowns above him.

So apologies once again Gary, but you need to come with better excuses for your mate.

Your answer is also nonsense mate for a simple reason: this was not a closely contested 50/50 game that was decided on details. We were played off the park by a team that had it so easy that they didn't even need to make any subs. We didn't even have a shot on goal in the second half, we had more shots on our own goal than on theirs. So don't give me "he didn't tell Bailey to mishit the ball".

But since you brought up the topic of what Ole does, let me help you a bit on that: Ole has been in charge for 3 years and we have won nothing and we are playing absolutely abysmal football every single year, minus a mini-run here and there when his job is under threat. Ole has overseen transfers of more than 300m but apparently no player fits what he wants to do so he sits on the bench 150m + worth of signings done under him (so much for clearing the deadwood eh?). Meanwhile, 3 years later, nobody still knows what he actually wants to do. 3 years later under Ole, neither the team collectively nor any single player individually has improved in any aspect whatsoever. 3 years later and the only youngster that got a look is Greenwood (talk about United DNA and bollocks) and this year he is going backwards fast. 3 years with Ole and we have 21% of all our home loses as a club in the PL era under him.

Ole is a legend as a player for reasons that go beyond the goal at the CL final, at least for people who are actually following the team. But as a manager he is absolutely abysmal, clueless, out of his depth and he shows personality traits that will not help him going forward at all. He needed to go at the end of last season, but we are stuck with him because there are still people defending him, even indirectly like Gary in here, and he is a lovely shield for the imbecile owners and the clowns at the board.

Well if they’re having to be played out of position, or they don’t have the right mindset, then that again comes back to recruitment. Who’s scouting out and making the decisions on these players? Who’s assessing he squad and how we’re playing and deciding what’s missing, what could be improved, and who needs competition for a place?
    If a manager respects himself and the job that he is supposed to be doing, they walk if in the above scenario they are NOT the ones in charge, or at the very least they make plenty of noise about it when it starts happening. If your mate is sitting there and taking it for 3 years running, whose fault is it? Mine, Gary?
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2021-11-06 at 07:44 PM.

The only fool here is you Gary. One, because you think that by using bollocks neutral expressions like "his position is untenable" and then laying straight into the players, we can't see your nonsense deflection for your mate at the wheel. And two, I never said that anyone has the magic wand to come in and change everything in a game. However, other managers have shown repeatedly and in the not so distant past that they were able to get a marked improvement within a limited time-frame. But these managers are capable, winners and have high standards and demands, unlike your mate or the board of clowns above him.

So apologies once again Gary, but you need to come with better excuses for your mate.

Your answer is also nonsense mate for a simple reason: this was not a closely contested 50/50 game that was decided on details. We were played off the park by a team that had it so easy that they didn't even need to make any subs. We didn't even have a shot on goal in the second half, we had more shots on our own goal than on theirs. So don't give me "he didn't tell Bailey to mishit the ball".

But since you brought up the topic of what Ole does, let me help you a bit on that: Ole has been in charge for 3 years and we have won nothing and we are playing absolutely abysmal football every single year, minus a mini-run here and there when his job is under threat. Ole has overseen transfers of more than 300m but apparently no player fits what he wants to do so he sits on the bench 150m + worth of signings done under him (so much for clearing the deadwood eh?). Meanwhile, 3 years later, nobody still knows what he actually wants to do. 3 years later under Ole, neither the team collectively nor any single player individually has improved in any aspect whatsoever. 3 years later and the only youngster that got a look is Greenwood (talk about United DNA and bollocks) and this year he is going backwards fast. 3 years with Ole and we have 21% of all our home loses as a club in the PL era under him.

Ole is a legend as a player for reasons that go beyond the goal at the CL final, at least for people who are actually following the team. But as a manager he is absolutely abysmal, clueless, out of his depth and he shows personality traits that will not help him going forward at all. He needed to go at the end of last season, but we are stuck with him because there are still people defending him, even indirectly like Gary in here, and he is a lovely shield for the imbecile owners and the clowns at the board.

If a manager respects himself and the job that he is supposed to be doing, they walk if in the above scenario they are NOT the ones in charge, or at the very least they make plenty of noise about it when it starts happening. If your mate is sitting there and taking it for 3 years running, whose fault is it? Mine, Gary?
    Yea hes a shit manager because he doesnt walk away from his dream job?

He should do the honorable thing and walk away with his diginity intact instead of trying everything to fix it and make it work.

Try living in the real world sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yea hes a shit manager because he doesnt walk away from his dream job?

He should do the honorable thing and walk away with his diginity intact instead of trying everything to fix it and make it work.

Try living in the real world sometime.
    No, he is a shit manager because he had his dream job for 3 years and in every single way he can be measured he's gone backwards. Maybe you should try living in the real world and see how it goes in such scenarios.

Wait is @Jessicka Gary Neville? You keep calling him Gary.

No, he is a shit manager because he had his dream job for 3 years and in every single way he can be measured he's gone backwards. Maybe you should try living in the real world and see how it goes in such scenarios.
    Gone backwards yea? Like struggling to even make top 4? Yeah utd have never been there before in recent years thats a new experience for sure.

Losing to rivals in derbies and putting up no fight? That was literally how the last manager was fired. (Mourinho vs liverpool)

Yeah ole is taking utd to new depths

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gone backwards yea? Like struggling to even make top 4? Yeah utd have never been there before in recent years thats a new experience for sure.

Losing to rivals in derbies and putting up no fight? That was literally how the last manager was fired. (Mourinho vs liverpool)

Yeah ole is taking utd to new depths
    In more time and with much more money than LVG and JM he has won nothing while they won at least 1 proper title each, we are still playing shit football, no player has become better, nobody (on or off the pitch) seems to know how we are supposed to play/what his "blueprint" is, there is no apparent coaching on anything, no kids other than Greenwood were introduced into the team (LVG made do with Borthwick Jackson as left back for crying out loud) etc etc. But sure, just struggling for top 4 is our our only problem. And that Liverpool game you mentioned? It was the heaviest home defeat by them we've ever had, so not just another bad defeat. But go on mate, keep defending your darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a UTD fan after watching them basically roll over for belly rubs in that 2nd half, being at home 2-0 down against your derby rivals and you have literally no fight in you is nothing short of disgusting. If this isn't the sign of a team that couldn't give two fucks about the manager then what is.
    Even though its against city(a very good team), this is probably one if, it not the worst game i've seen from MUFC. The way they just completly and utterly gave up almost from the start. There was nothing. No attacking force, shocking defending, no passion. nothing.

I cant believe a squad with such talents looked like they did today. Its hard to believe what I even watched. Total and utter shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    If we apply that logic no manager will ever get sacked as it would never be their fault but that's not how this works, it's Ole's job to get that team to perform on a match day and he can't, it's not like we're talking about a poor side who try and get beaten by the better side, we're talking about a team who barely try and get smashed by the better team so at what point do you say the manager has lost the players?

It's not even about making mistakes, it's the basic fundamentals of actually giving a fuck to want to win the football match, UTD don't even have that going for them, as I said earlier that 2nd half was disgusting and showed the attitude these players have, they couldn't care less. They have zero fight for the manager and most of them wouldn't bat an eyelid if he got the chop.
    Agreed. Ole is maybe not the right manager, but these players... Abysmal. No matter who the F*** is manager, you show up to games. Especially on derby day, and give it your all. The performed utter garbage and I refuse to believe its all down to the manager. They should never play for the manager, they should play for the god damn fans and club. Disagree with your manager, sure, but give it your damn best every time. Tactics may have been wrong today, but the players certainly helped on that. So so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

If the team just tried. Just something. Ole should NEVER -EVER- bring out a double pivot 4231 again. He gotta change it up, make the team more attacking oriented and go all in that it will work. I'd rather see him go down and out as a manager who wanted MUFC attacking, than the dreadful shit i've seen the last 3 matches.

He should also start benching players who clearly dont perform for whatever reason. Maguire & shaw shouldnt have played the last 3-5 games. Been dreadful. Why not bench them? had Bailly & telles ready to step in.

I want to see a 433(or 442), but lets go with a 433:

De Gea
    AWB Varane/Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Matic/Mctom

Fernandes Beek

Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

In the back - drop Maguire & shaw if out of form. Just do it.

Midfield - Drop the double pivot. Put Mctominey in for 1 job = Defensive duties all the way. help defense to keep balance. clean up, bring ball to attacking players. I want to see Beek get a run of games, since Pogba is probably going away shortly anyway for free. Dont need him anymore, he doesnt play well most of the time anyway.

Attack - Use rash, sancho, greenwood, ronaldo, Cavani. Change it up according to who we play against, injury and all that.

Bring the team bit higher up the pitch, while the whole team as a collective move together. Less space between each player etc.

AWB is on defensive duty 99% of the time. He brings shit all offensively, let him do what he does best - defend. Have beek be the one to connect with the right winger and the spaces created. AWB can support.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-11-06 at 09:31 PM.