Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It might not be what you are going on about. It is what I am discussing with a couple people. I understand if you need to be excused. I respect that because confusion is easy.
    I fully respect your right to not be able to reach the level of intellectual discourse I was attempting with you. Confusion is easy after all. Since you seem to be unable to respond with anything but patronizing BS maybe that's how I need to talk to you instead. When you are ready to come to the adults table and leave your strawmen with the kiddos we'll welcome you.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I fully respect your right to not be able to reach the level of intellectual discourse I was attempting with you. Confusion is easy after all. Since you seem to be unable to respond with anything but patronizing BS maybe that's how I need to talk to you instead. When you are ready to come to the adults table and leave your strawmen with the kiddos we'll welcome you.
    No reason to personally attack me my dude. Sorry that this has become a button issue for you. I just see it as if you are not required to take the shot you shouldn't be punished for not taking the shot. If you disagree I respect that completely! Now Aaron should certainly be punished for violating the rules he was suppose to be following. Without a doubt.

If the rules said you had to get a shot or get fired this would be very much the case. We agree. In the NFL that is not the case. Aaron Rodgers is an NFL player. They have to follow different rules if they do not get the shot. Whatever the punishment he should receive for not doing those things certainly should be carried out. Where is the indifference here?
    The issue is that Rodgers lied about getting "immunized"...thereby putting other people at a greater degree of risk without them being made aware of that fact. Whatever punishment he recieves from the league or his team... he's still an asshole. Why should I be "indifferent" to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The issue is that Rodgers lied about getting "immunized"...thereby putting other people at a greater degree of risk without them being made aware of that fact. Whatever punishment he recieves from the league or his team... he's still an asshole. Why should I be "indifferent" to that?
    He should be punished for that lie without a doubt! Where is the confusion here? The NFL probably needs to answer for some things too. They knew he had not received the shot and saw him on TV every week not following that policy. So blame needs to go around as well. At least it is my understanding they had a pretty good idea he had not recieved the shot but instead got "alternate" treatment that didn't count.

He should be punished for that lie without a doubt! Where is the confusion here? The NFL probably needs to answer for some things too. They knew he had not received the shot and saw him on TV every week not following that policy. So blame needs to go around as well. At least it is my understanding they had a pretty good idea he had not recieved the shot but instead got "alternate" treatment that didn't count.
    I'm not concerned about his "punishment". I've not said one word about punishment. I just think he's an asshole for lying about being "immunized". I understand the NFL knew of his unvaccinated status and have protocols in place for unvaccinated players...so I don't know what kind of "answering" they would need to do. The Packers organization may have some answering to do...depending on what they knew of Rodgers activities. But, it's not really my concern. I just think the dude is an asshole.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-11-08 at 11:26 PM.

I'm not concerned about his "punishment". I've not said one word about punishment. I just think he's an asshole for lying about being "immunized". I understand the NFL knew of his unvaccinated status and have protocols in place for unvaccinated players...so I don't know what kind of "answering" they would need to do. The Packers organization may have some answering to do...depending on what they knew of Rodgers activities. But, it's not really my concern. I just think the dude is an asshole.
    He is an asshole! I feels good. So good. I hope you feel good about it too. But I thought that before this thing happened. Dude has a histroy of being a pretty big jerk.

He is an asshole! I feels good. So good. I hope you feel good about it too. But I thought that before this thing happened. Dude has a histroy of being a pretty big jerk.
    I didn't care much about his personality before he started willfully endangering other people. Honestly, before that point, I never gave him a thought at all.

See, there's "he's kind of a jerk" and then there's "he lied about getting vaccinated and put other people at greater risk". As far as I'm concerned, he's worse than the people that just won't get vaccinated... at least they're honest about it. And, because they are honest about it, other people can make prepartions for their own safety.

But no, I don't "feel good" about it. I generally don't "feel good" about people being assholes. I "feel good" when people aren't assholes.

I didn't care much about his personality before he started willfully endangering other people. Honestly, before that point, I never gave him a thought at all.

See, there's "he's kind of a jerk" and then there's "he lied about getting vaccinated and put other people at greater risk". As far as I'm concerned, he's worse than the people that just won't get vaccinated... at least they're honest about it. And, because they are honest about it, other people can make prepartions for their own safety.

But no, I don't "feel good" about it. I generally don't "feel good" about people being assholes. I "feel good" when people aren't assholes.
    Hell yeah, we agree big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A-aron and Lizard fined.

A-aron and Lazard tapped for $14,650 each.
    The NFL tapped the GB Cheezeboiz for $300,000 for not enforcing safety protocols and knowing of fuckery going on, such as unvaxxed A-aron doing press conferecnes unmasked.
    Cheezeboiz, if they continue their fuckery, can lose draft picks.

Too little.
    The boys should be tapped for 25-50% of their yearly salary. A fine equal to just under a year at a federal minimum wage job means dick.
    Cheezeboiz should have another 0 or two added to the end of theirs.
    Fines mean nothing unless they are painful enough to stop the behavior that incurred the fines. Otherwise it's like you're tipping the party you owe the fine to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    $300,000
    The NFL has some stupid fine caps. Remember the time the Patriots were caught red-handed cheating and it cost them $1 million? There was no room in the contract to charge them more. Yes, $300,000 is too little, and I'm not going to defend that, just explain that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    A-aron and Lizard fined.

The NFL tapped the GB Cheezeboiz for $300,000 for not enforcing safety protocols and knowing of fuckery going on, such as unvaxxed A-aron doing press conferecnes unmasked.

Too little.
    The boys should be tapped for 25-50% of their yearly salary. A fine equal to just under a year at a federal minimum wage job means dick.
    Fines mean nothing unless they are painful enough to stop the behavior that incurred the fines. Otherwise it's like you're tipping the party you owe the fine to.
    So basically what it comes down to, is it was worth it to make a-aron happy.

A-aron and Lizard fined.

Too little.
    yup just like corporate fines. Its almost always worth the risk of breaking the law because the fines can always be negotiated way down to a point way under the amount of money that was made doing it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

A-aron and Lizard fined.

Too little.
    This sounds pretty bad but listen to another fine the NFL gave a player on Sunday. CeeDee Lamb had his jersey untucked during his football game and was fined 20k for that. So that pretty much tells you how seriously the NFL feels about this situation. An untucked jersey during a game is a higher dollar value fine.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds pretty bad but listen to another fine the NFL gave a player on Sunday. CeeDee Lamb had his jersey untucked during his football game and was fined 20k for that. So that pretty much tells you how seriously the NFL feels about this situation. An untucked jersey during a game is a higher dollar value fine.
    It was 15k for repeat offence(3rd), but I don't disagree with ya. Getting any fine for an untucked jersey being close to lying about covid "immunity" and putting others in danger is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our Ruling

Rodgers claimed that the idea that the pandemic being one of the unvaccinated is a "total lie."

The virus started and spread among unvaccinated people before vaccines were developed and rolled out, and COVID-19 variants like the delta variant were first detected among populations that were unvaccinated.

Vaccinated people can catch COVID-19, but at much lower rates than those who are unvaccinated. They are even less likely to be hospitalized or die from the virus.

Fewer than 3% of people in the U.S. have immune system deficiencies, which puts them at a higher risk of catching COVID-19. The CDC recommends that people with moderate to severe immunodeficiencies get a third dose of the vaccine to build up immunity.

We rate Rodgers’ claim False.
    Incidentally what he said was

This idea that it’s a pandemic of the unvaccinated, it’s just a total lie. If the vaccine is so great then how come people are still getting COVID and spreading COVID and unfortunately dying from COVID?
    This is like saying "If stopping at red lights is such a great idea, why do people who drive through green lights sometimes get hit by people running a red light coming the other way?"

EDIT: Actually I'll go one step further. People in the NFL get injured, even though they are wearing pads and a helmet. I therefore say pads and a helmet don't work, and Aaron Rodgers is invited to play in his next NFL game without pads and without a helmet.

"Um, the NFL won't let you pl--"

And they want their players to be vaccinated too and guess what? Besides, all that padding helping, it's just a lie. Don't buy into the lies spread by Big Armor!
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-11-12 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    EDIT: Actually I'll go one step further. People in the NFL get injured, even though they are wearing pads and a helmet. I therefore say pads and a helmet don't work, and Aaron Rodgers is invited to play in his next NFL game without pads and without a helmet.

"Um, the NFL won't let you pl--"

And they want their players to be vaccinated too and guess what? Besides, all that padding helping, it's just a lie. Don't buy into the lies spread by Big Armor!
    Yeah...I listened to a little of that dumbass's rant, and the whole time I was thinking: if his health is so fragile that he can't get a vaccine, why is he being paid millions to get on a field where some 250lb brick shithouse of a linebacker would love nothing more than to drive him into the grass?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-12 at 11:57 AM.

According to the NFL, Rodgers and Lazard's fines are a result of attending a Halloween party. With both players not vaccinated, they are prohibited from attending gatherings outside team facilities. The infraction resulted in a $14,650 fine for each player.

The NFL handed the Packers organization a $300,000 fine for its part in not properly enforcing safety protocols, including allowing Rodgers to not wear a mask at press conferences and not disciplining the players despite knowing about the Halloween party after it happened.
    As it should be. If they signed documents prohibiting them from attending outside gatherings, and did it anyways, fine or fire them. If their team knew about and let them get away with it, fine or suspend the team.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    If they signed documents prohibiting them from attending outside gatherings, and did it anyways, fine or fire them.
    I still find it morbidly funny how people signing contracts worth hundreds of thousands or higher don't know how contracts work. If you sign a contract, and the other side holds up their part of the bargain, you are not a victim when you don't hold up yours and get penalized for it. The bank isn't stealing your house if you miss a year's worth of mortgage payments. Your boss is right to fire you if you skip three weeks of work without any notice or taking sick days or anything. And no, you're not being social commie lefty cancel cultured when you said you'd get vaccinated/stop risking getting your teammates sick, but break the contract because you just didn't feel like doing it. These consequences are minor. He lost one game and a 2017 Honda Civic's cost.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I still find it morbidly funny how people signing contracts worth hundreds of thousands or higher don't know how contracts work. If you sign a contract, and the other side holds up their part of the bargain, you are not a victim when you don't hold up yours and get penalized for it. The bank isn't stealing your house if you miss a year's worth of mortgage payments. Your boss is right to fire you if you skip three weeks of work without any notice or taking sick days or anything. And no, you're not being social commie lefty cancel cultured when you said you'd get vaccinated/stop risking getting your teammates sick, but break the contract because you just didn't feel like doing it. These consequences are minor. He lost one game and a 2017 Honda Civic's cost.
    So I was just curious on what that fine was to Rogers. his current contract is 134mil over 4 years so an average of 33.5mil/yr. There are bonuses and all kinds of stuff on the contract but for simplicity sake lets just say $30mil/yr. This is not including endorsements which is estimated to be another 10mil. A $15K fine is around 1/2000th of his annual salary. In normal human terms, lets say you make $50K a year, that would be a $25 fine. Absolutely pennies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    He'll be fine.

They'll be shrill voices blaming him for unvaxxed across the nation. They'll call him a hypocrite and all that. It's all fine and he's handled worse negative publicity in his life. It's a big time nothingburger about a pro athlete that gave a crazy interview. I'm not too troubled by the existence of cranks in the world, and not particularly by celebrities with weird thoughts about health and well-being.
    He lied about not being vaccinated
    Got caught
    Then claimed it was because of the "woke mob" that he's being mistreated now.

He's not the "victim" you're pretending he is.
    Putin khuliyo