Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The more I look at the zone preview pictures the more I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    There's only one thing more of a chore than WQs & that's FF's MSQ If I wanted to spend several hundred hours reading a story (which I often do), I'd probably turn to a franchise that's managed to deliver at least one good main-franchise RPG since the PS1 days
    This is WEAK.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Lots of information on this interview with Ion.

https://www.millenium.org/news/383835.html

Will be able to fly on the zone, 9.2 being the definitive patch (at least containing raid\zone, etc), double legendary, hitting ptr "very, very soon", also a completely new pvp system "Shock", mixing and matching players rotating teams in various matches or what not, in a mini tournament system.

They surely skipped a lot of information on the teaser video, which is a shame, could have maybe gotten people more excited with stuff.
    This. This is good, first thing that kinda intrigues me in this patch, hope more good news will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They straight up said the First Ones created Azeroth and every realm we've seen.

Which aligns with the fact that the Titans were discovering these planets as they traveled the galaxy. You might not like that, but that doesn't change that it still lines up with what we know already.

Nowhere did it say that they "later" created them. And either way, this is the most semantic arguing I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the Jailer said he wants to remake reality to serve him. Why is this suddenly forgotten?
    Because people are struggling to have a sensible narrative at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin fight will be Lich King 2.0. Read it here first.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    They straight up said the First Ones created Azeroth and every realm we've seen.

Which aligns with the fact that the Titans were discovering these planets as they traveled the galaxy. You might not like that, but that doesn't change that it still lines up with what we know already.
    And the reason why I keep quoting that line is they straight up admitted that it isn't conclusive. I stand by the statement that it is bull that the First Ones created everything but I never said the Titans didn't discover the planets or that they even created them, I specifically said the planets and realms we've "experienced" as they claimed "as created by the First Ones" have explicitly been formed or tampered by others since. I'm not making claims to know what came first because even Blizzard's staff isn't prepared to conclusively stick with anything, even the idea that the First Ones created everything.

Nowhere did it say that they "later" created them. And either way, this is the most semantic arguing I've ever seen.
    They said they were created to fulfill their functions in Zereth Mortis, that means they were created after, as in time later, Zereth Mortis' creation. They also stated the Automa were left behind to take care of the place and make it fulfill it's non-automated function as in they needed personal to do as such later after the First Ones left. They are explicit in the video with stating that the First Ones created the Automa some time after Zereth Mortis was functioning and before they left it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    Because people are struggling to have a sensible narrative at this point.
    Not listening to cutscenes or not reading quest info isn't exactly something to blame Blizzard for though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    They had a short scene of that fight and it looked exactly like that. Even Anduin looked like Arthas as Lich King.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Ghost varian saying "No king rules forever my son"

- - - Updated - - -

Not listening to cutscenes or not reading quest info isn't exactly something to blame Blizzard for though.
    There is so little information about everything this expansion. We are let on to so little that it's hard to give a shit and to say this is the a culmination to all of Warcraft? Come on, thats just weak storytelling

will this come this year?!

It kind of is when there isn't anything to tie them together.

Hell for most of the expansion we are told the sigils are super important only to remake a new set simply because we feel like doing it. We still have no idea what the jailer intends beyond a vague notion of remaking the universe.

You can't write a terrible, poorly strung together plot then say its the audiences fault

It " wILl NEveR SeRve " the story.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    will this come this year?!
    Nope. /10s

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Timelocked raids

Gotta pump up those MAU numbers baby.
    It’s only locked for a week that would do nothing for MAU unlike say the months of locks on ICC.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Ghost varian saying "No king rules forever my son"

- - - Updated - - -

There is so little information about everything this expansion. We are let on to so little that it's hard to give a shit and to say this is the a culmination to all of Warcraft? Come on, thats just weak storytelling
    Pretty sure that's not what they said. It's a culmination of this expansion's storyline which goes back to Warcraft III days. The people complaining about them mentioning Warcraft III seem to be the ones who want to gatekeep their nostalgia and dislike modern Blizzard referencing their beloved source material. Again, not a Blizzard problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Pretty sure that's not what they said. It's a culmination of this expansion's storyline which goes back to Warcraft III days. The people complaining about them mentioning Warcraft III seem to be the ones who want to gatekeep their nostalgia and dislike modern Blizzard referencing their beloved source material. Again, not a Blizzard problem.
    It's a Blizzard problem because their writing and storytelling has become trash tier. That's nothing you can blame on the players. When your burger consists of dirt and your customers tell you that it tastes like dirt, the problem is the burger, not the customer.

Call me crazy but I hope Blizz keeps the traditional wall of text for quest info going forward. I know it's not what people enjoy but I like the freedom of it, I can choose to read or not instead of having to skip skip skip like in ESO or FF14. even if it is less engaging. But i'm pretty sure Blizzard are going to go with the more modern "immersive questing" approach next expansion. To turn WoW into a more story oriented MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They had a short scene of that fight and it looked exactly like that. Even Anduin looked like Arthas as Lich King.
    Incoming limited attempts to make the Race to World First spicy.
    Bring in a zone-wide Buff after a couple of weeks to help with progress.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You misspelled "butchering" there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's a Blizzard problem because their writing and storytelling has become trash tier. That's nothing you can blame on the players. When your burger consists of dirt and your customers tell you that it tastes like dirt, the problem is the burger, not the customer.
    When the people saying that it's dirt have been saying it's dirt for the last two fucking decades yet continue to buy the product for some reason... yeah. That's not exactly a problem of the people producing the product.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is this constellar gonna die now? Someone has the boss list?! Can I kill this Jailer scum this raid or not! I am getting really angry here!