Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you think they created a 6-month promotion reward and a transmog set just because subscriber loss after legal issues? It can't be because they been doing such things for years and that this was always something they were going to do regardless of legal issues or subscriber losses? You honestly want to claim that they wouldn't be doing this if subscriber count was up?
    The 6 month reward is the definition of half-assed and the transmog set is clearly a cash grab because they're bleeding subs. So....yes. I really do think they did this recently because of their legal issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Lets not try and pretend Blizzard is a place of good job security. You think their store munts profits will matter once they next report of record revenue comes around and they have to lay off hundreds of more people? The store mounts don't help support no one in the long run. come on. Oh actually it does help someone, the ones at the top who are trying to defend Bobby Kotick, at least they are secured.
    Revenue, what micro transactions are, don't help the company in the long run? Blizzard is even hiring for jobs so bringing in layoffs just seems like slinging mud at the wall to see what will stick rather then trying to make a compelling point. Microtransactions are an easy way for any developer to boost revenue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Kid's gonna rage.

Just do yourself a favor, take a deep breath, sit down and don't comment.

Go to twitter if you desperately want to express your "outrage".

We get it, "Blizzord bad!!!11111".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The 6 month reward is the definition of half-assed and the transmog set is clearly a cash grab because they're bleeding subs. So....yes. I really do think they did this recently because of their legal issues.
    So what were they the last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, and etc? You can't keep claiming the same tired argument each and every time. If you truly honestly think this was done solely because of the legal issues then there isn't much left to talk about. Because you are unwillingly to acknowledge how it has happened in the past on predictable timelines when there was no legal issue or equivalent to distract from.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    No, by all means, give Bobby Kotick a boost for his deeds. Just don't pretend you are doing otherwise.
    Complete deflection here. I am not giving him anything. and NOBODY is giving him a boost for his deeds. I am giving a boost to the people making this stuff to make money at their job and provide for their families. Thanks for admitting you are fine with innocent people losing their jobs and being out on the street because you don't want them to do any business. Your silence says it all

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine paying for cosmetics in a subscription-based game where everything you buy remains property of the developer of said game.

People never learn.

Where is the Blizzard defence force?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

So there can't be both? Like when they had a quest for the Shadowlands CE transmog, or are we forgetting about that just to dislike for the sake of it?
    Is there both in this case?

No

so your argument is pointless. One does not excuse the other

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Imagine paying for cosmetics in a subscription-based game where everything you buy remains property of the developer of said game.
    Why does subscription matter when any digital item comes with licensing and access issues? Even free to play games don't transfer rights to digital items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Is there both in this case? No so your argument is pointless. One does not excuse the other
    So every situation requires the other? Different times for different things. The point still remains that with Shadowlands they did offer a short quest to unlock the Transmog set. So wanting every transmog set released to be done in that fashion or related to the next expansion is dumb.

I love how they are announcing new shop items on the day blizzard has a walkout and 1000+ signed a petition to oust their CEO. They really need to squeeze the few people that are left supporting this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Kid's gonna rage.

Just do yourself a favor, take a deep breath, sit down and don't comment.

Go to twitter if you desperately want to express your "outrage".

We get it, "Blizzord bad!!!11111".
    What are you even doing here? Talking to yourself aloud over and over?
    Mighty one, never forget.

"stargazers pack" Nice new mog, coupled with old store pet, coupled with very old store mount. THAT is desperate. Really desperate. I could have understood cashing in on the backpack mogs and the set, but they're really reaching for every cent here.

Gotta milk 'em all! Should be blizzards version of pokemon catch phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I still laugh, 3 months ago, when I remember people said that this would all go away in a couple of weeks.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ac...ty-11637252067
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Lets not try and pretend Blizzard is a place of good job security. You think their store mounts profits will matter once they next report of record revenue comes around and they have to lay off hundreds of more people? The store mounts don't help support no one in the long run. come on. Oh actually it does help someone, the ones at the top who are trying to defend Bobby Kotick, at least they are secured.

the 'you' is just more used in general, sorry if I sounded to pointy with that. Wasn't at you specifically
    That's why I emphasized that it's ideally how it works. I don't have faith in Blizzard to do the right thing overall, but I do also believe they have a majority of good people at least. It's pretty clear the upper management had quite a few issues to put it lightly, and the fact that they just lost one of their coleaders so quickly is concerning for a multitude of reasons that has already been covered. Mostly though to me is that I find it extremely hard to believe Mike knew nothing of Jen's situation and yet it seems he stayed quiet.

That's a bit of a tangent, admittedly, but I do want to stress also I'm not saying it will guarantee they keep their job. But it definitely shows at least the value the art department holds outside of making patch content. Ideally that should find it's way back into their wallets instead in some way, but I imagine that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's why I emphasized that it's ideally how it works. I don't have faith in Blizzard to do the right thing overall, but I do also believe they have a majority of good people at least. It's pretty clear the upper management had quite a few issues to put it lightly, and the fact that they just lost one of their coleaders so quickly is concerning for a multitude of reasons that has already been covered. Mostly though to me is that I find it extremely hard to believe Mike knew nothing of Jen's situation and yet it seems he stayed quiet.

That's a bit of a tangent, admittedly, but I do want to stress also I'm not saying it will guarantee they keep their job. But it definitely shows at least the value the art department holds outside of making patch content. Ideally that should find it's way back into their wallets instead in some way, but I imagine that isn't the case.
    It does find it's way back into their wallets by keeping them employed and getting their paycheck. But it seems many here(not you) would like to see all the innocent people unemployed and not making any money. To me it is pure and utter nonsense to say none of the artists profit from the store mounts when it is the very work that keeps them getting their paycheck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post

People never learn.

Where is the Blizzard defence force?
    Says the guy who paid for a game that remains the property of the developer of the game. Hypocrisy indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Mostly though to me is that I find it extremely hard to believe Mike knew nothing of Jen's situation and yet it seems he stayed quiet.
    Are you just talking about the pay gap? Because he stated that they both asked for equal pay. It doesn't seem like the pay thing was intentional but just corporate dragging their feet on offering new contracts. As both were paid at their before promotion pay rates. I haven't paid attention to any other issues that involve the two and I believe her sexual harassment stuff wouldn't even have shown up on his radar since he was Blizzard and she was Activision (Vicarious Visions). Not to mention he used to be at Microsoft prior to 2019.

Past caring at this point, & I've given up expecting good armour design from actually meaningful content. Let the whales whale, sod it.

Given how active the shop is atm, it does make you think things are grim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats exactly what i said, its the same amount...
    sure D2R helped, though we dont know how much, but in any way they didnt loose 13% MAUs like the person i reacted to claimed...
    I think they're down for the year, just not that one quarter. If I'm not mistaken, they're back to where they were in 2016. Net 0 growth over 5 years.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It's like watching a bad TV show where the writers think they are so funny, and people keep telling them they aren't, then the show gets cancelled and the writers don't understand why...
    It's more like a popular tv show that a lot of people enjoy that keeps making money but you don't like it so you think it's going to get cancelled. Except it doesn't. It keeps on going being as profitable as ever despite what you think.

I don't even care if they add new stuff to the store. As an adult I can choose to buy them or not. I don't need to get a hate boner and jump on the blizzard is bad bandwagon. I use my adulting skills and decide with my wallet. Right now I choose not to play retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Why does subscription matter when any digital item comes with licensing and access issues? Even free to play games don't transfer rights to digital items.

- - - Updated - - -

So every situation requires the other? Different times for different things. The point still remains that with Shadowlands they did offer a short quest to unlock the Transmog set. So wanting every transmog set released to be done in that fashion or related to the next expansion is dumb.
    It was during BFA and you already paid for the box price for Shadowlands, you weren't discovering anything new, and all you did was collect 50 bullshit things from various completely unrelated forms of content. Don't try to compare what I said with this because this was a lazy attempt at trying to add something unique. And we already knew what the expansion was.

Maybe try addressing the substance of the post rather than "bUt ThEy DiD dO a QuEsT oNe TiMe DuH wHy Do YoU nEeD a QuEsT?"