Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deranged faqn lunatics are sperging out again en masse over something pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post

I'm constantly imagining these snowflakes furiously pounding at their keyboards in righteous anger that a hat, A HAT! has offended them! It's the end of society, Dontcha know!?
    Fixed.

It's so easy...

Blizzard accidently makes a set that looks like KKK from behind, they change it once they hear about it. Ok big deal? No of course not

What surprises me is the outrage on this forum about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    If this pot and that kettle were any MORE black ...

This thread is a laugh riot of snowflakes that, for some reason, are so heavily invested in looking like they're in the KKK. Now, I'm not gonna comment on why you want the opportunity to look like you're in a racist hate group, but if that's not what you're after then your just stirring up shit to be stirring up shit. And that's entertaining to me.

I'm constantly imagining these snowflakes furiously pounding at their keyboards in righteous anger that a hat, A HAT! has been CHANGED! It's the end of society, Dontcha know!?
    I have never in my life ever seen a moral panic not turn into a slippery slope. If you give the kind of person who lobbies for changes that offend them at no point will they stop till they are actually met with hard resistance.

You can watch it happening over history rather easy now since the internet came about. Look at the 90s to the 20s anti lgbt groups. The quote of the robber baron sums it up

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    In what way? People whining about censorship because of some weird moral outrage isn't something new.
    This isn't weird outrage. Numerous people noticed how similar the set is to KKK robes. Someone I live with who doesn't play WoW passed by and saw the picture then said "Video games letting you be Klan members now?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This isn't weird outrage. Numerous people noticed how similar the set is to KKK robes. Someone I live with who doesn't play WoW passed by and saw the picture then said "Video games letting you be Klan members now?"
    Someone I live with who doesn't play WoW passed by and saw the topic then said "are people really whining because a hat offended them?"

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis

I am just tired of all of this... people are now being spooked by ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Someone I live with who doesn't play WoW passed by and saw the topic then said "are people really whining because a hat offended them?"
    See the difference here is that you're fucking lying in order to stir the pot because you're still incredibly incensed that they're changing ONE armor set because people noticed it very closely resembled the robes worn by a white supremacy group. This isn't a hill you want to die on.

- - - Updated - - -

― C.S. Lewis

And I'm tired of people invalidating the legitimate concerns people have when it comes to using white supremacy iconography. Are you also the type of person who thinks that someone should be allowed to have a Confederate flag on the lawn?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    The "they" in this setting are someone who follows and plays WoW and someone who doesn't. There are two people in this setting, and the amount of actual people that these two hypothetical people each represent is irrelevant to the question I asked. That question, again, is:

the crux of which was initially in response to:

As for the rest of what you're saying, color me not-at-all-surprised that the "WELL THEN WHY NOT SCORCH THE EARTH OF EVERYTHING" nuclear argument is the automatic go-to for something, anything, that could be considered at all sensitive, divisive, or evocative. As if it's not at all possible for there to be any nuance or semblance of critical thinking involved in finding a middle between these two extremes of being an overly sensitive Twit that's ready to cancel anything that moves, and being a numbskulled hardass who sees anything less than 100% tolerance of anything short of actual bold-faced, unabashed racism (and sometimes not even that) as weakness, being a snowflake, or having a mental illness.

I'm not trying to advocate for the sterilization of media. I don't want Blizzard to have to tiptoe around SJW landmines every time they have to make a decision about their art or story direction. It's not that serious to me. All I'm really saying is that this case, this one in particular where Blizzard took a second look at a set that has white robes, red details, and a pointy hat that obscures the face, saw how people might have gotten the idea that it could evoke some KKK imagery, and decided to be on the safe side and make an adjustment? I get it. The majority of the things that Blizzard's changed over the past couple of months, I can't say I got, or vibed with. But this? After looking at it, giving it a little bit of thought? I get it.
    But thats where this is heading for, in high speed - serilization of media. Once these people are done complaining about this, they search for the next horrifc thing. Then the next one. Then the next one.

Imagine the pressure of every brand, company, business owner or whatever that are public. They cant say one word wrong, or create a set of gear in a videogame without risking someone out there being mad about something. If you do something wrong, be ready to be ridiculed left and right. It doesnt even matter if its right or wrong.

What race even has eyes up high enough for that hood the make sense?
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

See the difference here is that you're fucking lying in order to stir the pot because you're still incredibly incensed that they're changing ONE armor set because people noticed it very closely resembled the robes worn by a white supremacy group. This isn't a hill you want to die on.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm tired of people invalidating the legitimate concerns people have when it comes to using white supremacy iconography. Are you also the type of person who thinks that someone should be allowed to have a Confederate flag on the lawn?
    Is it so hard for you to believe that someone looks at this set and thinks "cool" and moves on?

Its INSANE that people spend time moaning about meaningless stuff like this. Insane and highly laughable. But thats where we are. If only you scream enough on the internet, you are correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes why not? If I have to choose between two choices and that is what you are offering with your question. To either sanitize the world of everything I dislike or to simply avoid what I dislike I am going to always go with the former.

There are some very,very select things I support outright banning but we are talking countable on one hand. A flag or pointed hoody are not going be able to make it into the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Is it so hard for you to believe that someone looks at this set and thinks "cool" and moves on?

Its INSANE that people spend time moaning about meaningless stuff like this. Insane and highly laughable. But thats where we are. If only you scream enough on the internet, you are correct.
    Right. It's meaningless that the people who play this game and noticed the blatant resemblance to KKK robes and were made uncomfortable. Just because white supremacy will never effect YOU doesn't mean other people will just accept it. Especially when iconography starts showing up in the video games they play as a small escape.

Right. It's meaningless that the people who play this game and noticed the blatant resemblance to KKK robes and were made uncomfortable. Just because white supremacy will never effect YOU doesn't mean other people will just accept it. Especially when iconography starts showing up in the video games they play as a small escape.
    Where does this moron party stop then?

Do we remove top hats because the irish suffered under them? How could we allow such hateful imagery?

Telling people to go fuck themselves is really the best case scenario and only real solution to this problem.

Yes why not? If I have to choose between two choices and that is what you are offering with your question. To either sanitize the world of everything I dislike or to simply avoid what I dislike I am going to always go with the former.

There are some very,very select things I support outright banning but we are talking countable on one hand. A flag or pointed hoody are not going be able to make it into the top 5.
    Now I know what kind of person you are based on this comment. As I just told someone else, just because white supremacy will never effect you doesn't mean other people are going to sit quietly. The fact that you think the uniform of a violent white supremacy group and the flag of racist traitors shouldn't be banned from public use says a lot about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffmeister View Post
    Blizzard accidently makes a set that looks like KKK from behind, they change it once they hear about it. Ok big deal? No of course not

What surprises me is the outrage on this forum about it.
    The "outrage" if you even want to call it that isnt about them changing it, they can do whatever they want, its about some fuckwit on twitter suggesting it looks "unfortunate" and thats enough reason for them to change it.

Who cares if it looks like that.. it's just a pointy white hat and a white robe in a high fantasy setting ;/ if people are linking that to the KKK while playing it's their issue not the game nor is any warlock walking around with it a member.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one who's clearly lying. Nobody passed by and said that to you. I'm sure about that. You're just trying to back up your argument with a fairy story, generalising and trying to say that your supposed flatmate's perspective is what everybody would think if they saw the set, which is clearly not the case.

― C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis sounds like a moron.

Do we remove top hats because the irish suffered under them? How could we allow such hateful imagery?

Telling people to go fuck themselves is really the best case scenario and only real solution to this problem.
    You are now purposely being petty and pulling things out of your ass. The KKK is still a real group in the USA that still commits violence against individuals who are not white. Get some empathy and/or some compassion. It won't kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Who cares if it looks like that.. it's just a pointy white hat and a white robe in a high fantasy setting ;/
    "I don't know anyone who cares so it isn't an issue" is such a tired excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful you don't slip and break your hip on that slope.