Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Deadly Boss Mods development is sputtering; blames state of SL and Blizzard

(posting this here because it's about the state of the game, not interface/macro specific)

https://twitter.com/deadlybossmods/s...26551499554820

@deadlybossmods tweets:

DBM is set to drop below even being sustainable as full time work starting next month (it’s already been iffy for a while now). Can blame state of shadowlands and recent state of blizzard.

Can’t really blame users being unhappy with game, or blizzard, or bobby. Do what you feel.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

BigWigs is better anyway.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Again? He has done this ransom thing few times already, I guess he is butthurt about BigWigs being better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time DBM development has been on the edge, ready to jump before? Now the blame is on the expansion and the company?

I guess thank goodness the biggest of wigs is a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    TFW people tie their IRL work to a video game and expect it to always be stable and safe.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So its that time again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd time DBM development has been on the edge, ready to jump before? Now the blame is on the expansion and the company?

I guess thank goodness the biggest of wigs is a thing.
    Nah have to be double those numbers by now.

Hm, I alway assumed this was some community driven open source thing. Always surprising to find out that even the biggest addons just have a single significant developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    (posting this here because it's about the state of the game, not interface/macro specific)

https://twitter.com/deadlybossmods/s...26551499554820

@deadlybossmods tweets:
    This isn't the first time he's said this if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This isn't the first time he's said this if I recall.
    Feel like he does this once an expansion. It's the DBM version of "If everyone reading donated $5 we'd hit our goal in 30 minutes."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What's the point of this thread ?

Does this mean I can finally update DBM without having to worry about it turning itself off for awhile?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    What's the point of this thread ?
    Add-on developer says WoW bad. Therefore WoW bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 the developer of DBM is a cynic hater who wants to see the game dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

... Snap, too late

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

... Snap, too late
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm surprised he even continues to develop it.

Its been what, 10 years or more with that addon?

I'd be burnt out and done after 5 years tops.

Oh, him again, alrighty.

Too bad I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game would be better off without addons such as DBM to begin with, let it die.

If Blizzard wants to make complicated encounters they need to do a better job with the ingame engine and not expect the players to rely on 3rd party software.

Sick of bossfights being complicated for the sake of them being complicated instead of being actually fun to do.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

... Snap, too late

- - - Updated - - -

... Snap, too late
    When the reason for him posting this is hardly anything other than a desperate plea for money from the community and one that he's done multiple times in the past it's hardly cynical to characterize his motives as less-than-scrupulous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

... Snap, too late
    It's amazing how often you guys miss the point.

Addon developers require money to continue keeping the stuff up to date. As monetary supporters quit WoW because they no longer like the game, they stop giving money to DBM (and eventually, BigWigs will go the same way) they're not able to keep addons up to date.

And as an added bonus, some addon developers have just straight up jumped ship and are now developing addons for FFXIV ACT.

As WoW loses players, addon developers will over time stop supporting addons. Even the big ones. Because it takes manpower and money to make these things happen. This isn't a "WOW BAD", despite your inability to recognize it as anything but. This is "Hey, WoW is in a bad state, people are leaving, we're losing monetary support, and this is going to continue to go downhill as long as our supporters continue to quit the game."

BigWigs stans might be happy for now, but once their monetary support dries up, I hope you have fun with the addon community floundering.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why doesn’t he get a real job?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's amazing how often you guys miss the point.

Addon developers require money to continue keeping the stuff up to date. As monetary supporters quit WoW because they no longer like the game, they stop giving money to DBM (and eventually, BigWigs will go the same way) they're not able to keep addons up to date.

And as an added bonus, some addon developers have just straight up jumped ship and are now developing addons for FFXIV ACT.

As WoW loses players, addon developers will over time stop supporting addons. Even the big ones. Because it takes manpower and money to make these things happen. This isn't a "WOW BAD", despite your inability to recognize it as anything but. This is "Hey, WoW is in a bad state, people are leaving, we're losing monetary support, and this is going to continue to go downhill as long as our supporters continue to quit the game."

BigWigs stans might be happy for now, but once their monetary support dries up, I hope you have fun with the addon community floundering.
    XIV has fuckall for addon support and is apparently the bestest MMO ever, so maybe we don’t need addons all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why doesn’t he get a real job?
    I guess he will, then it's Bigwigs or nothing.