Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why should anyone farm gold while they could do the hardest content possible and receive the best looking set? That's the point.

Just because I can afford it does not mean that the two arguments are mutually exclusive. If you think that rich people don't care about others and can't try to make a change, so the less fortunate people would have it easier then you're dead wrong and just too obtuse to realize the truth.
    About the "humble brag" - I was just answering for your ridicule accusation, nothing more and nothing less.

My father was always saying that "If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die"(it's not his original quote).
    I fully agree with him.

Why would I care about why people pays for the t-mog? Because it would affect every player.
    It always surprises me when someone asks me "how does this affect you?" when in fact almost everything is connected in some way. I am referring here not only to direct relationships, but also to indirect and distant, long-term ones.
    If the t-mog sets from the Shop will be better looking plenty of people will be buying it(that's normal in this business), but the rest people who aren't buying them wouldn't be able to have cool tier-sets, even though they're ALREADY paying money and doing harder content.
    This will cause artists to care less about creating new sets for the people who aren't paying in the store-shop.
    That's how microtransactions started... and it's going to be much worse.
    1) What does the hardest difficulty has to do with this set?
    This is not a mythic raid set. This is a store set. So you can buy it or farm it (by farming gold). Simple. There's no point to be made. They are two very different sources and I have no idea how they connect in your mind.

2) There is no "less fortunate". This is a monthly sub based MMO game.
    Let me translate: That means that this is a premium service for those who are willing to pay for it. Not a charity.
    The actual "less fortunate" probably have bigger problems then dropping 20 EUR on a transmog set in WoW, however sad that it is.
    You using "less fortunate" people as an argument is honestly disgusting in this context.

3) Congratz, that is the mindset imprinted into people who create the "less fortunate" in our world.
    Great advice.

Id obvi love if the tier sets were better but I dont think WoW is only sending the cool stuff to the store. And besides the hunter set they are not bad

My main complaint with transmog in this game if anything is that we lack variation on the weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Same. The drop rates for such items are gonna be terrible anyways when you play the content, so if you're just looking into getting the full transmog it's better to just wait for 10.0 and farm them easily.
    Depends on how often you can get the failsafe item that you can trade in for a tier piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I like how the Blizzard stans (well mostly just you) jump into threads like these and kneejerk "YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION IF YOU LIKE THE TIER SETS" when absolutely nobody has said anything remotely close to that. It shows how desperate you are, and highlights that you really have nothing of value to add.
    You quoted the /s so I assume you saw that I was being sarcastic, right?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAeK11sKT8

Ignore the sensationalist title. He makes the best points. The store transmog set objectively has had more work put into it. It has 3D objects on the clothing that do not exist on the tier sets. It has special little orbiting objects. The fact is that blizzard puts more work into the store stuff.
    The set doesn’t have more work put into it as far as 3D elements go it has no 3D parts on the legs boots or gloves where every tier set but the casters have extra bits on those pieces.

The only part the shop set is actually being out the tier sets is the star flying around.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-22 at 03:49 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    TIL 1 store transmog > 12 new class sets with unique models across four difficulty levels and a number of recolors
    To be fair, when judging how a set of armor looks, quantity definitely does not trump quality.

After all, quality is what it's being being judged here, not quantity. So saying what you said doesn't make sense.

That's like saying "12 trees from vanilla WoW are better looking, have more details and animations than a tree from the Legion expansion because 12 is greater than 1."
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-11-22 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The set doesn’t have more work put into it as far as 3D elements go it has no 3D parts on the legs boots or gloves where every tier set but the casters have extra bits on those pieces.

The only part the shop set is actually being out the tier sets is the star flying around.
    I can't really agree with this seeing it in game it clearly has more effort put into it with layered lightening and other small effects. I think it will be like mounts. Eventually the normal subs will get the quality the pay pigs do but it will be in an expansion or two after. The cash shop is going to always be ahead of the curve.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    I can't really agree with this seeing it in game it clearly has more effort put into it with layered lightening and other small effects. I think it will be like mounts. Eventually the normal subs will get the quality the pay pigs do but it will be in an expansion or two after. The cash shop is going to always be ahead of the curve.
    It may be that there is more effort put into the particle effects sure but as far as 3D assets go most of the tier sets just objectify have more parts with many having a 3D part on every single piece of the set unlike the cash shop set which only has a piece on the chest plate.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I prefer most of those tier sets, even the LFR colors in those pictures of that store set but maybe it's just me
    I absolutely agree, the store set is uninspired. 9.2 tier sets look pretty unique and well designed.

15+ Year Old Account

The tier sets literally have no new 3D mesh work that does not already exist in the game. The shop set does. Every body piece of the tier sets is existing mesh. The shoulders are just slight rework of many other tier sets that have come before it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    So blizzard isn't bad, capitalism is? Is that the new defense being employed now a days?
    Blizzard is bad, capitalism has it's pros and cons. I guess one of the biggest pros is that people can spend their hard earned money on any sort of shit. And one of the cons is great gaming companies lose track of what they once were and believed in and moved into a conglomerate mess that now treats it's players as payers and stats.

But I get why you post these types of things, I don't understand why these people who still complain about the very obvious nature of blizzard, that has been there for all to see, for a good few years now even, stay around for so long. People need to leave blizzard games if you disagree with their practices. But sunk cost keeps them around I guess?
    Tbh people can spend their hard earned money on any sort of shit in a non-capitalist society as well lol. It's more a question of whether or not that thing is readily available. The cons vastly outweigh the pros, however, at least without regulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    It is annoying but this is a dead issue. The player base as a whole supports it by buying it and not quitting over it so it stays. If blizzard isn't willing to address its boosting problem it sure as hell isn't going to touch this.
    They're probably under a million subs at this point. I don't think that's a sign of the playerbase supporting it. The increase in item shop content is almost certainly related to a continued decline in subs. They're simply milking the few idiots who still play for whatever they have to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really, everyone have right to have their opinion.

While facts are facts... and the new store set have better animation(it actually have it compared to the one in the new raid) and is more detailed.
    It's not that much more detailed at all. Without the neato animation, it's actually very simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    It does kind of feel like a new line has been walked over when it comes to the overall serious theme of the Store-Bought Transmogs.

The Fae Party outfit seemed pretty harmless, and that kind of stuff is it's own safe space of cash cosmetics, but the Celestial Observer set is a bold step into Serious Fantasy cash cosmetics.

This kind of set I might have preordered 10.0's Heroic edition or whatever if it was attached to it, like I did for SL and The Eternal Traveler's Garb.
    Unless randomly gifted $25, I have no intention of buying this on it's own. Even then I'd think hmm could get a lot of groceries with that.

But yea, you are right at the end of the day that it won't stop. It's just a bit concerning to see them fully embrace this Shop Exclusivity practiced with Mounts for some time possibly bleeding into Armor now.

I've always said, WoW's kind of like modern day digital action figures and this stuff goes to show lol
    People just keep moving this "line" around, and almost every time Blizzard adds something to the cash shop, Blizzard has once again "crossed a line." The same outrage every single time for over a decade now.

Ignore the sensationalist title. He makes the best points. The store transmog set objectively has had more work put into it. It has 3D objects on the clothing that do not exist on the tier sets. It has special little orbiting objects. The fact is that blizzard puts more work into the store stuff.
    0_o

There are 3D elements on pretty much all gear (that isn't just throwaway questing crap) these days. And the only difference between the "special little orbiting objects" on this and something like the floating balls that were on the Antorus Monk set is the animation. This celestial set is on par with the cloth sets from the 9.2 raid. If you want to get bent out of shape about some glowy stuff, pretending it's a huge deal for them to anchor to a piece of armor...well...I guess that's your prerogative.

Hell, it's basically a modified version of the mage set:

Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-22 at 08:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never understand why people get mad about store shit. Buying this stuff is entirely optional and let's be frank. It's hardly going to be rare enough for you to stand out. If you're unwilling to pay then there's hundreds of other transmog options in game. This is a drop in the water of things to get mad about.

I'd understand if people felt this was the start of a slippery slope but it's not the start. At this point we're half way down the water slide. Why continue to get vexed?
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-11-22 at 10:20 AM.

It may be that there is more effort put into the particle effects sure but as far as 3D assets go most of the tier sets just objectify have more parts with many having a 3D part on every single piece of the set unlike the cash shop set which only has a piece on the chest plate.
    Its shoulders helm and gloves as well... could be dependent on your game settings. Also has light rays as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I never understand why people get mad about store shit.
    In part because they've convinced themselves that the devs spend all their time making these handful of cosmetic items to sell in the store every expansion... Which, even if it were true that they put more effort into them, it makes sense: Charging extra for them, they better look top notch.

Honestly I think it's a holdover from WoD. When there were a few mounts that would have been perfect for rep rewards but that were added to the store instead (the fae dragon and ravager are the only ones I can remember atm.)...and the rep rewards all seemed to be recolors of the same handful of boars, wolves, and talbuk. But ever since then, that hasn't really been an issue.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-22 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In part because they've convinced themselves that the devs spend all their time making these handful of cosmetic items to sell in the store every expansion... Which, even if it were true that they put more effort into them, it makes sense: Charging extra for them, they better look top notch.

Honestly I think it's a holdover from WoD. When there were a few mounts that would have been perfect for rep rewards but that were added to the store instead (the fae dragon and ravager are the only ones I can remember atm.)...and the rep rewards all seemed to be recolors of the same handful of boars, wolves, and talbuk. But ever since then, that hasn't really been an issue.
    The fact that the set is in the store literally means I cannot get it in-game via gameplay.

That's reason enough for me to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The fact that the set is in the store literally means I cannot get it in-game via gameplay.

That's reason enough for me to complain about it.
    You can buy tokens with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You can buy tokens with gold.
    Most people can not. The vast majority of players does not have that kind of gold. They get their gold from doing callings. They maybe get like 50000 gold together. They'll never be able to buy a token with gold. They are the ones feeling forced to buy the token with real money to afford all the expensive things in the game.

If you put in items that cost hundreds of thousands of gold with something like the WoW token as part of the system, of course people are gonna buy the token with real money so they can buy the things they want. The items on the shop cost like around 600k gold on EU servers if you convert the real currency price into the amount of gold you need to buy the tokens. So might as well spend real money if you don't have a chance of getting the gold. Imagine getting 600k gold together to buy a transmog armor set, when you're playing the game for like an hour a day.
    Last edited by paris kills; 2021-11-22 at 11:54 AM.

I'm willing to bet they were BlizzCon/Online items before the cancel. Still considering the god awful content release cycle this expansion they probably could have just plugged them into a quest line in the new zone or something.