View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is factually untrue and unsupported by the existing constitution. Art. 79 (3) only concerns the federal nature and the states of the German federal rpublic, not that Germany itself could be a state to another federal republic (in this case the EU). Even if that was an issue, Art. 23 specifically grants Germany the authority to transfer state authority to the EU for the specific purpose of a unified Europe.

The existing constitution supports the idea of Germany being absorbed into a unified Europe.
    You might want to check that opinion with your civics teacher. Great job on identifying Art. 79 on your own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You might want to check that opinion with your civics teacher. Great job on identifying Art. 79 on your own though.
    No need to check it with my civics teacher, I studied law at university.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

No need to check it with my civics teacher, I studied law at university.
    This would probably be better discussed in private messages, but I think it might be of interest to others too.

I think English not being our native language we might have different definitions of "federation".

I mean Europe as a federation being a state just like Germany is now and all her members being part of it like the German Bundesländer Bayern etc are part of Germany now. We would need a new constitution for that.

I guess you mean by federation Europe as it is now, bound by contracts. We already have that and obviously no constitution change would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sounds like a headline from the 1940's.

I hope they ask the other 26 EU members this time around before trying to dissolve their respective nation states into one German Federation of Europe.
    Could someone explain to me how comparing modern Germany to the Nazis isn't considered nation bashing, specifically disallowed under the rules of this forum?

I would hate to start discussing moderation, which also isn't allowed, but I genuinely don't understand how a post like this is simply allowed to slide by.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Could someone explain to me how comparing modern Germany to the Nazis isn't considered nation bashing, specifically disallowed under the rules of this forum?

I would hate to start discussing moderation, which also isn't allowed, but I genuinely don't understand how a post like this is simply allowed to slide by.
    Weak Huey. By the same methodology Britain as a democratic nation voted for Brexit, every post of yours is bashing Brexit ergo you are nation bashing.

And you are right in that you are not allowed to discuss moderation. Reported.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Weak Huey. By the same methodology Britain as a democratic nation voted for Brexit, every post of yours is bashing Brexit ergo you are nation bashing.
    Calling out a trash campaign full of lies and fear like Brexit is him trying to protect his country, unlike you who keeps pushing lies and nation bashing.

No disrespect Huey but you need to let your personal vendetta with Dribbles go.

You're often quoting him in posts, trying to get him to comment on something, then a few posts later you do a complete 180 saying you're not in the slightest interested in what he has to say.

Now you're trying to get him banned or make other people try and react to ask the mods to ban him.

You have an unhealthy obsession with the dude.

for your own mental health, why don't you just stop responding to him,

This confrontation is not affecting dribbles at all, in fact, he loves it, you on the other hand, it's doing you some serious mental damage.

I am not trying to be nasty or funny but surely you have to say enough is enough.

And just like Frozen.

Let it go.

And you are right in that you are not allowed to discuss moderation. Reported.
    Criticising the implementation of Brexit is the same thing as comparing Germans to Nazis? Not sure you'd find many people prepared to back you on that position, even in any bubble of Brexit supporters you might have.

Brexit is an action; a political choice made by political leaders. There are countries that don't allow criticism of political actions, and generally speaking we don't as a nation aim to emulate them. Anyway, if your precious Brexit was so brilliant, a few criticisms would be irrelevant. You could just point us to the long list of Brexit benefits and say how meaningless criticism is.

But you can't. Because there aren't any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    No disrespect Huey but you need to let your personal vendetta with Dribbles go.

You're often quoting him in posts, trying to get him to comment on something, then a few posts later you do a complete 180 saying you're not in the slightest interested in what he has to say.

Now you're trying to get him banned or make other people try and react to ask the mods to ban him.

You have an unhealthy obsession with the dude.

for your own mental health, why don't you just stop responding to him,

This confrontation is not affecting dribbles at all, in fact, he loves it, you on the other hand, it's doing you some serious mental damage.

I am not trying to be nasty or funny but surely you have to say enough is enough.

And just like Frozen.

Let it go.
    I said I'd given up trying to persuade him through discussion, and I have. He's not interested in facts, he'll reshape reality in his own mind to fit his agenda. But I won't stop calling out his bullshit when he posts it. Every time he twists facts or lies outright, I'll be there to set the record straight. If he stops posting lies, I won't need to respond. Maybe you should have a word with him?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Criticising the implementation of Brexit is the same thing as comparing Germans to Nazis? Not sure you'd find many people prepared to back you on that position, even in any bubble of Brexit supporters you might have.

Brexit is an action; a political choice made by political leaders. There are countries that don't allow criticism of political actions, and generally speaking we don't as a nation aim to emulate them. Anyway, if your precious Brexit was so brilliant, a few criticisms would be irrelevant. You could just point us to the long list of Brexit benefits and say how meaningless criticism is.

But you can't. Because there aren't any.

- - - Updated - - -

I said I'd given up trying to persuade him through discussion, and I have. He's not interested in facts, he'll reshape reality in his own mind to fit his agenda. But I won't stop calling out his bullshit when he posts it. Every time he twists facts or lies outright, I'll be there to set the record straight. If he stops posting lies, I won't need to respond. Maybe you should have a word with him?
    I just think it's very unhealthy in what you're doing.

It was solid advice I was trying to give you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

You think telling the truth about the crapshoot that is Brexit and the dishonesty of the Tory Government and their play-acting for the domestic audience is unhealthy?
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    You think telling the truth about the crapshoot that is Brexit and the dishonesty of the Tory Government and their play-acting for the domestic audience is unhealthy?
    You're totally missing the point.

Considering the thread has been a shambling corpse since the 2019 GE put the Brexit issue to bed (as in, it was happening, Remain lost 2 GE's and a Referendum, Brexit has a mandate), it's only remaining purpose is to let posters tilt at the windmill that is the dribbles persona account.

Fool me once shame on you, get endlessly baited for years on end by the same joke, shame just isn't adequate, it's verging on psychosis.

/Shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Considering the thread has been a shambling corpse since the 2019 GE put the Brexit issue to bed (as in, it was happening, Remain lost 2 GE's and a Referendum, Brexit has a mandate), it's only remaining purpose is to let posters tilt at the windmill that is the dribbles persona account.

Fool me once shame on you, get endlessly baited for years on end by the same joke, shame just isn't adequate, it's verging on psychosis.

/Shrug
    this is what i have been eluding too, whats happening is very very unhealthy,

I mean the other day Dribbles was talking about Jacob Reese Mogg and Priti Patel, Farage as potential future uk leaders.

Not trying to be disrespectful to some users in this thread but they swallowed that fat one, hook, line and sinker,

It amazes me people are getting wound up, triggered, upset, you name it over these jokes.

Dribbles is doing a master class on some of the people in this thread and they keep falling for it every time.

The worst thing about it, they keep doing it to themselves.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-11-27 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're totally missing the point.
    That he's trying to combat blatant misinformation?

Nah, I think he got the point, you're just not interested in seeing it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This would probably be better discussed in private messages, but I think it might be of interest to others too.

I think English not being our native language we might have different definitions of "federation".

I mean Europe as a federation being a state just like Germany is now and all her members being part of it like the German Bundesländer Bayern etc are part of Germany now. We would need a new constitution for that.

I guess you mean by federation Europe as it is now, bound by contracts. We already have that and obviously no constitution change would be needed.
    Put it this way, at some point all the contracts lead us to a decision where just "saying it" is going to make the EU a country. It's already so integrated that it's its own definition (supranational entity). It's already way beyond any other sort of international treaty cooperation and there are only a few key competencies missing as it is.

Now, your point is that Germany needs a completely new constitution. That's what I'm contesting. It doesn't. If push comes to shove, it would need to adjust... a few articles. But as far as replacing it completely... why? Each state in Germany has its own constitution, each US federal state has its own constitution. And the constitution Germany has right now is probably in the top 5 of modern constitutions. Doesn't need replacement, just needs adjusting.

Having thought about it, though, maybe you're right. I guess nobody back then assumed the EU would ever be a thing. So there's no need to specifically point out "federal state" meaning "sovereign federal state". Either way, this is just a theoretical discussion as I don't see a two third majority in Parliament nor in the population. And only absolute idiots would take a monumental decision like that with anything less than a two-third majority.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-11-27 at 06:29 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I mean the other day Dribbles was talking about Jacob Reese Mogg and Priti Patel, Farage as potential future uk leaders.

Not trying to be disrespectful to some users in this thread but they swallowed that fat one, hook, line and sinker,

It amazes me people are getting wound up, triggered, upset, you name it over these jokes.

Dribbles is doing a master class on some of the people in this thread and they keep falling for it every time.

I have nothing but respect for the operator behind the dribbles account tbf, this is proper old school trolling when the idea was to get people invested in a story then see how far you could push the envelope before posters eventually realised you were pulling their legs. How far the art has fallen when it's now people just posting mean messages to people they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That he's trying to combat blatant misinformation?

Nah, I think he got the point, you're just not interested in seeing it yourself
    Another shit post from a person that is totally missing the point.

Full-on blinkers,

Put it like this... when you have on record that you exit the EU because of these people, that you think you can do better without, that you think you have all the cards in your hands and can basically dictate conditions to the EU (biggest economical block on the planet, just as a reminder)... then yes, whatever you say, it can't be stupid enough that it shouldn't be taken somewhat serious. When you are demonstrably unable to make responsible decisions or think rationally there is no limit to the stupid one has to be wary of.

If any other country had said that, I'd have understood your post. But you're talking about Britain here. No, you don't get to plea sanity, my friend. You've lost it years ago...

Put it like this... when you have on record that you exit the EU because of these people, that you think you can do better without, that you think you have all the cards in your hands and can basically dictate conditions to the EU (biggest economical block on the planet, just as a reminder)... then yes, whatever you say, it can't be stupid enough that it shouldn't be taken somewhat serious. When you are demonstrably insane or clinically mental, there is no limit to the stupid one has to be wary of.

If any other country had said that, I'd have understood your post. But you're talking about Britain here. No, you don't get to plea sanity, my friend. You've lost it years ago...
    I am talking about being suckered into by the blatent trolling, a few days ago you even remarked about the Priti patel, Jaccob reese mogg comment, that dribbles is/was winding up people.

So which one is it, he is either genuine in his remarks or he is a troll, a bit of both?

Are you getting suckered into this like Huey + co as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not a single person is getting any of the above over dribbles lol

And please, spare everyone the "I'm saying this for your mental health!" bullshit, when the person saying it has "quit" the thread/forum several times but always comes back. Its just an attempt to shut people down and let dribbles spread bullshit about Brexit without contest.

"Master class"... that's a good one, though.
    I am actually being genuine in the advice i was giving to Huey, i am not sure why you would think it's bullshit. You have no idea who i am or the person i am, please keep your ill-informed reasoning about my character to yourself

As for quitting the thread, what has that got to do with anything?/ nothing. For some reason, you love mentioning that all the time, very strange.

I am telling people to stop feeding the troll and somehow that's me making dribbles spread his bullshit more.

Dribbles will do what he will do, with or without my help.

I am talking about being suckered into by the blatent trolling, a few days ago you even remarked about the Priti patel, Jaccob reese mogg comment, that dribbles is/was winding up people.

So which one is it, he is either genuine in his remarks or he is a troll, a bit of both?

Are you getting suckered into this like Huey + co as well?
    You're not reading me properly. I know he's winding up people. But that doesn't stop me from drawing my conclusions about the state of things over there. I'm not upset, I'm not emotional. I'm just very disillusioned about the UK as a whole. The fact that your Government largely follows the idiocy that Dribbles subscribed to is not something I'm willing to ignore. Right now, it is the democratic will of the British to be represented by an insanely idiotic Government, implementing insanely idiotic policies.

That is my opinion and you can dismiss it as much as you like. But that's what it is. And I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in that. Instead of whining about it, you should try a new approach and pretend Dribbles doesn't represent you as well. Because while I see a lot of complaints from you over people attacking Dribbles' posts, I'm having a really hard time to remember ever seeing you tell Dribbles off.

So, please, spare me your fake crocodile tears and deal with it. This is not the place where misinformation is tolerated without a firm response by the various international posters, quite a few from the UK itself. And no amount of you whinging about it nor moderators protecting trolls is going to change that.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-11-27 at 08:43 PM.