Poll: Opinion on the design of the new zone

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it just me or does the new zone of 9.2 look very dope

the design of it looks very interesting and the part of it being a massive circle in the middle of the zone sure does look good!
    Anyone else very excited to see what the zone has to bring and to just hang in there?

Korthia was already well done, i am expecting more from the new zone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I love the bits of Ulduar inspired design that I've seen. I'm incredibly excited to see how it plays out. It's definitely an upgrade from the blandness of Korthia.

edit: Here's a fly through for those who haven't seen it.

I like it. In particular the desert biome, looks really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks unfinished which it is I suppose
    the plants looks too "foamy"

Nope. Jade Forest and Voldun again. Very undope indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    To be fair the entite point of the zone is it is filled with proto versions of everything. Even the plantlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nope. Jade Forest and Voldun again. Very undope indeed.
    Literally the only thing it has in common with Jade Forest and Volduun is trees and sand. With that logic every zone in the game can be called boring too. How can you even judge something you've only seen an incredibly tiny amount of even?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

If this was a different game or for a different concept I would say it looked cool. It looks cool for what it is.

I don't want to be going to a place that houses the progenitors of the known universe and just seeing how plainly they created everything. Really kills the entire universe to me. WoW first took a major hit in WoD with alternate timelines and "copies" of characters dying, then it took another hit when we went to the realm of the afterlife... and now this.

There's a Stephen King quote about how the hardest things to say are the things where the words diminish them. The same can be said for speculation and conceptualizing places. It's best left to the vagueness of one's imagination. You're telling me we're in the realm of the "First Ones" now?

This is still visually cool, but it's just not the content I'm personally interested in. Since 2004 I literally just wanted to play as a fucking Ogre or a Troll shadow Hunter. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    There aren't any assets in the flythrough. This is just the terrain. It'll feel a lot more lively once the assets are loaded in.

As always the art team is good at Blizzard, but it will have shitty gated reps, content and grinds. Oh and ofc more 1% drop chance mounts cause why the fuck not.

Sorry but its putting makeup on a pig by now. Watch me, find this thread in 5 months and see just how bad the systems will be JUST LIKE KORTHIA and every zone since before.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look like anything special to me. The art team obviously did their best with the direction they had, but I'm just so tired of the over-the-top sci-fi settings with robots and machinery. And besides, does it really matter how good the new zone looks when the gameplay and story are in shambles?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Literally the only thing it has in common with Jade Forest and Volduun is trees and sand. With that logic every zone in the game can be called boring too. How can you even judge something you've only seen an incredibly tiny amount of even?
    Ok. They literally said they wanted to make these zones as alien as possible though. Very unalien Jade Forest and Voldun.

Eh. On its own it's fine. In the context on what it is, not very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    over-the-top sci-fi settings with robots and machinery
    There are 101 million things you could have tried to attack but instead, you referred to this game's genre, which has always contained robots and machinery, both of which are pretty important to making a world like WoW feel the way it does, as "over-the-top sci-fi" for having them in this patch. You basically just said this patch is bad because Gnomes exist in the universe. Gnomes do everything that the whatevers are doing in this patch.

Maybe you meant cosmic? Cosmic is new and seems pretty unliked by most (though I am personally loving the story a ton).

Generic as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I love the bits of Ulduar inspired design that I've seen. I'm incredibly excited to see how it plays out. It's definitely an upgrade from the blandness of Korthia.

I do like how you can see connections between the tech of the first ones, and the tech of the titans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    There are 101 million things you could have tried to attack but instead, you referred to this game's genre, which has always contained robots and machinery, both of which are pretty important to making a world like WoW feel the way it does, as "over-the-top sci-fi" for having them in this patch. You basically just said this patch is bad because Gnomes exist in the universe. Gnomes do everything that the whatevers are doing in this patch.

Maybe you meant cosmic? Cosmic is new and seems pretty unliked by most (though I am personally loving the story a ton).
    Arguments can be made for the type of machinery. Usually in the past, the gnome and goblin machinery leaned towards crude with steampunk elements. Even in BC with the fel Reaver, it had those elements with its pumping pistons and emitting emissions. Even if it was advanced, its clunky design did lend itself better to the fantasy world. Post-Legion, these things have gotten much sleeker and less steam-punky.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Im sure Korthia just look so boring because they need something generic. It was planned that every covenant have their own 9.1 kampagne. But cause they scraped 9.3 For sure they just changed things... Like they did with WoD, unfortunately

I like Zovaals Grasp & Endless sand.

Personally i miss a snowy region. Im a big fan of snowy zones. My favorite zone of all time is still wintergrasp. Looks gorgeous and the Theme song is just blasting.

Every Winter i try to go outside (if its possible at night), listening to Wintergrasp theme in a loop and walking around the Forest. Haha.

There is a sub-zone called Crypts of the Eternal. Intriguing...