Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only concerning part is the Season Pass, it's everywhere on Activision/Blizzard titles, and all the "leaks" are saying WoW will join them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The only concerning part is the Season Pass, it's everywhere on Activision/Blizzard titles, and all the "leaks" are saying WoW will join them.
    Covenant rewards already reek of a pseudo season pass system. A prototype if you will.

*Deep inhale* Smell that? Fresh FOMO in the morning.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This reads like fanfiction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Now I ask you, since blizzard has not managed to balance the numbers: what do you think they need to do to have an equal number of players on the alliance?
    No idea what they should do but it's fair to point out that Blizzard is correct in not forcing people into specific factions for balance. I can just fucking imagine the reaction if Blizzard forced players into one alliance or another for "balance" purposes. Blizzard "has not managed to balance the numbers" because it would be brain-dead stupid of them to do that.

Nevermind that most of this inane chatter about balancing factions is for raiding which relatively few--three in 10 at the very best--do.

Factions should go away. Cross-faction raiding is, I suppose, some sort of compromise which will have to do. They could do away with racials as well although if they did this I doubt if it would change much.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No idea what they should do but it's fair to point out that Blizzard is correct in not forcing people into specific factions for balance. I can just fucking imagine the reaction if Blizzard forced players into one alliance or another for "balance" purposes. Blizzard "has not managed to balance the numbers" because it would be brain-dead stupid of them to do that.

Nevermind that most of this inane chatter about balancing factions is for raiding which relatively few--three in 10 at the very best--do.

Factions should go away. Cross-faction raiding is, I suppose, some sort of compromise which will have to do. They could do away with racials as well although if they did this I doubt if it would change much.
    IIRC the faction disparity isn't even that bad at the casual level. It's about 50/50. It's only when you talk about high end activities where the difference between Horde and Alliance matters. That's why cross-faction raiding/M+ is a good compromise. Hopefully it's on the table sooner than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread...blizzard-leaks

I don't know man, get your opinions. Wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

>WoW currently has around 960k active subscribers in the west. .
    I stopped reading right there..

When people pull random numbers out of the ass, the rest makes no sense. Also, almost all (if not all) leaks in the past have proven to be pure fiction.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2021-11-29 at 06:32 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why a season pass for cosmetics would be a bad thing tbh.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Many facts of this leak are true. Many facts of this leak are very believable. I have my doubts about this leak bean true and not made up one, but it definitely looks like the real one.
    Which of these information are facts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I don't get why a season pass for cosmetics would be a bad thing tbh.
    Because fomo is a stupid gamedesign.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is something needed
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    eh... 2 things make me question this 'leak'
    1- Chrome Time is 'failure': no it's not, it was positively received at least back in its time, if that view changed now it is irrelevant since it is old content and i still think it is well liked?
    2- game is 'horde' tilted: again no its not, it is one of tiny actual facts we know, most wow players are slightly more alliance not horde, it is assumed (very easy thanks to data too) that most hardcore players are horde, but alliance outnumber horde, they are just far more casual and relaxed than horde (source of info alliance outnumber horde is last online blizzcon)
    however since that data is slightly old maybe a lot of alliance dropped wow, make sense since they were casual anyway

Also
    I hate Danasur, I hate Ion and he is shown in many videos to talk to himself only, but we know he doesn't have that much power that this leak claims, in fact his main role is to bend his a88 so the higher ups shove their hands way up to his throat to make him talk as they want him to talk, or he actually has that much power but he is a total hypocrite since his vision for wow is almost exact opposite of how wow works under his leadership (it is often suggested that his gamespot interview is the reason why blizz hired him in first place)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This entire community is slowly devolving into Mr. Gotcha.

Horrendously short sighted comic. It is essentially equating 3 situations that are nothing alike as if they boil down to the same thing. A person posting from an iphone, complaining about apple not paying taxes or decent wages while having myriads of other cell phone companies to choose from where they can get equivalent if not better quality cell phones for less money and better company practices is not the same as a car owner in the 1900s advocating for seat belts when there was not a choice to get one. Or a peasant in the middle ages wanting society to improve when they cannot realistically get out of a lifestyle they were born into.
    The dude with the iphone is light years more hypocritical than the other 2 who one can argue are not hypocritical at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Because fomo is a stupid gamedesign.
    Only FOMO that you can't realistically get is bad design imo. Having some stuff that's going away but you will get it if you play is actually good design as it gives players a reason to play a game instead of just playing it for a few weeks every content update.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Borrowed powers have existed since Vanilla. What you really want to say is that you just want Blizzard to rerelease Legion. This won't happen short term but if you wait long enough Legion Classic will be available in a decade or so.
    You know as well as everyone else does that the term "borrowed power" refers to a specific set of design principles implemented beginning with Legion which are substantively different than the type of "borrowed power" you are referring to in vanilla. Being a pedantic definition-warrior doesn't further any discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Horrendously short sighted comic. It is essentially equating 3 situations that are nothing alike as if they boil down to the same thing. A person posting from an iphone, complaining about apple not paying taxes or decent wages while having myriads of other cell phone companies to choose from where they can get equivalent if not better quality cell phones for less money and better company practices is not the same as a car owner in the 1900s advocating for seat belts when there was not a choice to get one. Or a peasant in the middle ages wanting society to improve when they cannot realistically get out of a lifestyle they were born into.
    The dude with the iphone is light years more hypocritical than the other 2 who one can argue are not hypocritical at all.
    Good luck finding a cell phone from a company that doesn't source anything from Chinese factories and doesn't engage in tax avoidance.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Only FOMO that you can't realistically get is bad design imo. Having some stuff that's going away but you will get it if you play is actually good design as it gives players a reason to play a game instead of just playing it for a few weeks every content update.
    t.Cringemonger who needs fake exclusivity to feel like a big boy
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You know as well as everyone else does that the term "borrowed power" refers to a specific set of design principles implemented beginning with Legion which are substantively different than the type of "borrowed power" you are referring to in vanilla. Being a pedantic definition-warrior doesn't further any discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck finding a cell phone from a company that doesn't source anything from Chinese factories and doesn't engage in tax avoidance.
    There are degrees to which this is done. This is like saying "good luck finding a gaming company without a sexual assault scandal". Theres cases where this has been an isolated incident and cases where this has been a growing culture within a company. Both are bad but one is clearly worse than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    There are degrees to which this is done. This is like saying "good luck finding a gaming company without a sexual assault scandal". Theres cases where this has been an isolated incident and cases where this has been a growing culture within a company. Both are bad but one is clearly worse than the other.
    That's not really the substance of my point. You said that if you dont like tax avoidance or Chinese manufacturing practices you can just go to another company, but you can't. Every cell phone on the market is getting chips from the same handful of manufacturers. That's just a fact. Every major corporation dodges taxes. The issues are identical comparing Apple to any other major manufacturer. The degree is the same.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

What "FOMO" in WoW wasn't a person able to get if he played the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    What "FOMO" in WoW wasn't a person able to get if he played the game?
    Battle Tank for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Battle Tank for example.
    What Battle tank?