Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This game was pretty empty (A52 server) about 2 weeks after 9.1 hit. I can only imagine what it's like now.

Quote Originally Posted by HansLolo View Post
    Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.

Being the achievement hunter - I wanted to get some guild perks. I looked up guilds that I could casually join and start farming some points. I found the biggest and oldest guild on my server. On primetime there would be around 4-5 active(out of 900 members) - most of the time I was alone.

Walking around the streets - it felt more empty. Torghast chat is gone. The most activity is in Korthia during the gankfests. The big achievement communities are silent - the ranked PvP BGs are lacking in the group section(granted, I compare it all to 9.0 when everything was fresh, which might be a mistake).

Are we on a break - or do you guys also feel wierd about these times? I don't want to return to some empty game, so could use some positivity.
    its extremly late in tier. most people just log in for raids or are on complete break from wow.

im for example done with wow till 9.2 - gotto 5/10 mythic and 2400 m+ score on 252 main and i really find nothing interesting or fun in doing raids that are more arcade games now then rpgs ) - got 5 more toons to 247-252 itlv and 2-2.2k scores i cba to run more fresh alts through the same dungeons (like what would be the point ? to have more 250 alts ? it will reset next tier anyway so maybe then gonna make 2-3 more maybe not ) maybe will come back for 9.2 maybe not - atm having blast in FF14 and dont look back at boring wow

if they want people back they need tocater less to raiders more to casuals.

Yes, some people are gone.

Saying that they aren't is wrong and narrow-minded.

I doubt that some will be coming back

Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.

Being the achievement hunter - I wanted to get some guild perks. I looked up guilds that I could casually join and start farming some points. I found the biggest and oldest guild on my server. On primetime there would be around 4-5 active(out of 900 members) - most of the time I was alone.

Walking around the streets - it felt more empty. Torghast chat is gone. The most activity is in Korthia during the gankfests. The big achievement communities are silent - the ranked PvP BGs are lacking in the group section(granted, I compare it all to 9.0 when everything was fresh, which might be a mistake).

Are we on a break - or do you guys also feel wierd about these times? I don't want to return to some empty game, so could use some positivity.
    You should positively play another game. Seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post

I mean, I would play this game with all classes, in arena 2s, but, even after 9.1.5, I still find ALTs not being friendly at all. Getting a covenant to 80 is easy, but then you start to hit the honor grind wall, and that would not be a problem if the queues for this game would be like 2-3mins, but I can't be asked to wait for a bg a minimum of 20mins.
    I assume your horde as I’ve seen 2-3 min alliance ques, can’t you just use that mercenary thing on the horde side for lower que’s?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

There's people around still, playing alts. I always see plenty of people in Korthia.

Gotta remember though, the current patch is over 5 months old.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Depends on the faction but yes. Warmode is a much smaller section of the playerbase.
    Huh, odd. Would've guessed it was the other way around because of the increased rewards. Quaint.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huh, odd. Would've guessed it was the other way around because of the increased rewards. Quaint.
    People don’t want to take the risk of being killed even with increased rewards which is why blizzard added made it scale from 10-30% in bfa to try and get more people into warmode.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's at SoM - these realms are poppin' ! ... so many people around its like a new expansion all over again!

You don't get anything valuable with WM on this xpac. Even as a "hardcore player" I played with it off in BfA when there was kind of a reason to for player power. Shadowlands WM is just more Anima which I have tens of thousands extra of from just playing. A large majority of players are WM off these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no easy way to say this, but the game is dying rapidly and it's not looking like they're able to make any sort of a substantial recovery in the near future. More people have quit and moved on than ever before. It sucks, but it's a better use of time to look for greener pastures at this point—whether it's another game or a new hobby.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Everyone's at SoM - these realms are poppin' !
    Both? /10chars

3+ Year Old Account
    Between a number of factors, both in and out of Blizz's control, it's safe to say that there's a lull in activity in general, and it would probably be for the best to wait till 9.2 if you want any chance of a more active community. In no particular order:

-The current point in the patch cycle. By this point, a lot of guilds are more or less at a point where they've achieved their realistic goals for the tier, so people have started to take time off, and that's set off a cycle of people who no longer have groups to raid with taking hiatuses. Similarly, there's going to be an activity dropoff for Korthia/Torghast, since most people have what they need from both.

-The whole recent controversy thing, and subsequent fallout. Do remember that some people are on 6-month plans, and thus see little reason to stop playing if they have an active sub. The lawsuit dropped in July, so any player that committed to a 6-month shortly before that won't see their sub run out till January. There's probably a decent number of people whose last 6-month dropped before that, though, so between the state of the game and everything else, decided to just let it drop wholesale.

-Re: Achievement communities, RBG groups - Comparing to the start of the expansion is definitely faulty, and I can't really judge how active it is nowadays, but even back in early October, it was a lot more active than it was the last few months of BFA. The achievements Discord seems to be reasonably active, albeit less so than the beginning of the xpac.
    Last edited by Chilela; 2021-12-01 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Literally one (1) typo

My friend that still plays says the realms we played in are ghost towns , guilds dying left and right. Very few play and all our friends from friends list have been inactive 10 months now .

You have Blizzard being a shit show poorly designed expansion after a poorly designed expansion... add in systems that are no fun...yeah Wow is dying off fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Between a number of factors, both in and out of Blizz's control, it's safe to say that there's a lull in activity in general, and it would probably be for the best to wait till 9.2 if you want any chance of a more active community. In no particular order:

-The current point in the patch cycle. By this point, a lot of guilds are more or less at a point where they've achieved their realistic goals for the tier, so people have started to take time off, and that's set off a cycle of people who no longer have groups to raid with taking hiatuses. Similarly, there's going to be an activity dropoff for Korthia/Torghast, since most people have what they need from both.

-The whole recent controversy thing, and subsequent fallout. Do remember that some people are on 6-month plans, and thus see little reason to stop playing if they have an active sub. The lawsuit dropped in July, so any player that committed to a 6-month shortly before that won't see their sub run out till January. There's probably a decent number of people whose last 6-month dropped before that, though, so between the state of the game and everything else, decided to just let it drop wholesale.

-Re: Achievement communities, RBG groups - Comparing to the start of the expansion is definitely faulty, and I can't really judge how active it is nowadays, but even back in early October, it was a lot more active than it was the last few months of BFA. The achievements Discord seems to be reasonable active, albeit less so than the beginning of the xpac.
    With the rate the talent us leaving Blizzard and the low moral, don't expect much quality in 9.2 Or 10.0
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily I'm on a pretty active server but even there the game is undeniably more empty than it ever has been.

It's kinda heartbreaking to see tbh.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Never has is, strange

Stopped playing WoW since February... just bored of the game after having played it since TBC, and Shadowlands was pretty 'meh'.

The whole scandal over Blizzard, with its extreme hypocrisy, has solidified my commitment to never return to WoW, or play any Blizzard product for that matter.

Hi guys,
    Being the achievement hunter
    most of the time I was alone.
    The big achievement communities are silent
    Do you have Discord? I live here https://discord.gg/allthethings and people never shut up lol. But it's not really a community of "let's group up and do stuff" it's more sharing knowledge and we're mostly solo collectors (including achievements) but some do group for certain things.

You can also try https://discord.gg/achievements which is also heavily active. I can't speak on them grouping for stuff which it sounds like you want to do as I'm not in that discord all day long to know.

Also, don't go off what you can see as sharding will hide players from you in the world.

If you're the type that wants to socialize you likely aren't going to find it in game because everyone is in Discords.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2021-12-01 at 07:21 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    the increase to rewards does help if you are trying to get through "time gates" as fast as possible, like anima or fragments or azerite or whatever, but thats really only important the first few weeks and to some people.

Also while it saves time for you over "timegating" the time it takes each day is more as people will kill you, and well... sometimes people are assholes, i had to stop eventually (i was in warmode from the launch of it till shadowlands) cause people will farm you over and over and over like asshoels (the maw... i rage quit once a priest mind control jumped me off maw, then when i came back to get my stygia did it again... and again... and again...)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post

With the rate the talent us leaving Blizzard and the low moral, don't expect much quality in 9.2 Or 10.0
    Trust me, I don't have terribly high hopes for either. That said, pretty much every patch sees at least some degree of people returning, however brief that stay actually ends up.